Dallas Backlog Elimination Center Tracking

probably not

dsugandhi said:
Hello DOL Gurus,

If an employer changes the address about 22 miles from the old location, both the address are in the same county. Do we have to do all recruitment again?

Thanks,

As far as I know, you will not have to go thru recruitment process again. I might be wrong, but I think the limit is 50 miles radius in same county. Check with your attorney/paralegal.

Please do reply!

Hi,

Is there anyway I can hire a new lawyer just to take care of my small problem? My lawyer seems to have no concerned about my status. My lawyer is not ready to buy this status concept.

Even though my lawyer response to the 45 day letter, lawyer gave me the proof, my case is still in “DataReview” status.

Two of my co-workers received their approval with same PD. The lawyer received and responded for their 45 day letter after he responded for my case.

Thanks,

Hi dsugandhi

50 miles is one test, In effect what dol looks at is if this falls broadly in the same "Metropolitan statistical area"
If it does so then the test ofthe labor market is valid and you dont need to file again
I believe since its 22 miles you should be fine.

GCCovet said:
As far as I know, you will not have to go thru recruitment process again. I might be wrong, but I think the limit is 50 miles radius in same county. Check with your attorney/paralegal.

GCCovet and Arbit007,

Thanks for reply, I think I am fine, I don't have to do recruitment again.

3/3/04 eb2/ca/t-05193-XXXXX, switch to PERM?

Hi my case sent to state and then to DBEC, will it be better for me to apply for PERM from another company from scratch (I have 16 months H left)? Thanks for your big help.

Thanks a lot.

Finally.....

After 2.8 yrs recived my lawyer received the hardcopy of my Labor Approval. Haven't seen the hardcopy yet, so don't know the certified date.

Thanks for the support and information provided by the ppl in this forum.

PD: 19 Dec 2002, RIR (MI)
RD: 27 Dec 2003
45 Day letter rcd and replied mid april.
7th yr screen shot of LC stating "certified" recd on 5th Aug 2005
Hard Copy of LC rcd by lawer on 25th Aug 2005

Hope to meet you guys in I-140 forum very soon.

Hi ICarus,

As you must be knowing, DOL removed answeres to FAQ 5 regarding 'One Employer, One Employee, One LC' rule. If someone applies in PERM for a different job title then BPC RIR application from the same employer, will BPC or NPC issue NOF for double filing?

It is very important for many people to keep BPC application live to get 7th year extension and to file new PERM application to get LC faster.

Any suggestion?

As always every word is important for us, we appreciate your time and help.

Thanks,

Attention: sfmars & others

Still, sooner or later the DBEC will start processing the cases that were at the state (never made to regional, any estimates how many cases are like that) , when it were shipped to the BEC. And then those cases will find there way into the 'Approval Queue'. Since they have old PD's they will take precedence over the 2003 PD cases.

So, my guess is there will be one day when the approvals for 2003/2004 PD's will dry up and we will see approval s for 2001/2002 only.

1. Do you think there will be 2 different queues ... one for state cases and others that made to regional.
Even then as soon as SWA case is approved and moves to Regional queue, it will be oldest in the queue as per FIFO based on PD.

If you think it is better to discuss this over private message , please let me know.

Thanks.

sfmars said:
Wrong !!!

Currently DBEC approves RIR cases which came from Regional office only, it is understandable they require less efforts and time.

I think that you will see approved PD 2004 and 2005 cases which made to Region before any serious activity with TR and RIR of PD 2001 cases which came from State.

Speaking about RIR 2002/2001 I think those case either did not made to Region or they went to Philly or something is wrong with them.

You are right in one thing that this BEC queue (judging by current speed) is oriented for several years (6-10 years).

It is depressing that children of some of us will be 21 years old by that time and can not be considered as our dependants if it happens.

Looks too optimistic to me

Don't you want to factor the fact that lot of partial data entry cases ( and other older SWA cases) , will also come in to play in next 2-4 months (after full data entry is done and their 45 days response come back.

UG. said:
Here is what i am using as a reference. If we assume that the Dallas BEC RIR queue moves 2 months in a month. Then

MONTH-----------------PD PROCESSED
Aug 05............................Jan – Feb 03
Sept 05...........................Mar – Apr 03
Oct 05.............................May – June 03
Nov 05............................July – Aug 03
Dec 05............................Sept – Oct 03
Jan 06.............................Nov– Dec 03
Feb 06............................Jan – Feb 04
Mar 06............................Mar – April 04
Apr 06.............................May - June 04

I hope this helps

I-140 & 1-485 applications are currently taking 5-6 months to get approved in Nebraska..the Feb 04 date is the worst case scenario - there are a lot of 2004 applications still waitin to get approved,but new filers in 2005 should see speedy approvals.

LC_blues said:
Why is I40 processing so backed up at Nebraska? They are processing Feb 2004 applications.

So even if we get to apply for I140 after the labor is approved it will take 18 months to get approval of I140 thus effectively crushing any dreams of being able to change jobs.

But the other side of this is that I485 processing at Detroit is almost current so if the PD is current and visa nos available then it’s possible to get 485 approved earlier than i140.

Is approval of i140 a requirement for approval of 485?

I am asking these questions here becoz I am sure a lot of us are anxious to be able to change jobs rather than the GC it self.

Also, E2 or eb3 makes a significant difference interms of getting I140 approval faster

ranGC,

when you saw the 'certified' message on 5th Aug, could you tells us what it said regarding the date it was actually certified?

ranGC said:
After 2.8 yrs recived my lawyer received the hardcopy of my Labor Approval. Haven't seen the hardcopy yet, so don't know the certified date.

Date Submitted

RanGC:

What does the "Date Submitted" field say on the Screen shot from DBEC.

Thanks

ranGC said:

gurus

Even I'm looking answer/inputs to the question below.

Gurus - can you please comment.

Thanks.
dsugandhi said:
Hi ICarus,

As you must be knowing, DOL removed answeres to FAQ 5 regarding 'One Employer, One Employee, One LC' rule. If someone applies in PERM for a different job title then BPC RIR application from the same employer, will BPC or NPC issue NOF for double filing?

It is very important for many people to keep BPC application live to get 7th year extension and to file new PERM application to get LC faster.

Any suggestion?

As always every word is important for us, we appreciate your time and help.

Thanks,

Hi ICARUS,

Thanks for all your help.
Do you know the approximate time it takes from the time an application is initially reviewed to the time it is certified? ( I am in the 'Final Review" stage)

Also, do you have any updates on the Mail room turn around time?

THANKS!!!!

chiki12345 said:
Still, sooner or later the DBEC will start processing the cases that were at the state (never made to regional, any estimates how many cases are like that) , when it were shipped to the BEC. And then those cases will find there way into the 'Approval Queue'. Since they have old PD's they will take precedence over the 2003 PD cases.

So, my guess is there will be one day when the approvals for 2003/2004 PD's will dry up and we will see approval s for 2001/2002 only.

1. Do you think there will be 2 different queues ... one for state cases and others that made to regional.
Even then as soon as SWA case is approved and moves to Regional queue, it will be oldest in the queue as per FIFO based on PD.

If you think it is better to discuss this over private message , please let me know.

Thanks.
Hi chiki,

I do not think that the BEC has a concept of the 2 part labor certification that existed before BEC days (SWA and regioanal). It is just one queue at this point. I am not sure that the cases that made to Regional before they went to BEC might take less time to process than the SWA cases, gurus, any idea? The only queues that we know of are the RIR and TR queues.

HTH

Will there be a State Queue and Regional Queue?

Hi ICARUS,

Thanks for all your help.

Do you think there will be a separate queue for cases which made to Regional?

I am asking this because the procedure for these cases may be different from the ones which did not make to Regional. Will they put seperate staff to work on the cases made to Regional?

THANKS in advance!!!!

If I understand right....

When one applies for PERM, they will approve PERM and issue NOF on BEC case. The NOF might not be issued immediately since NOF has to come from BEC. Otherwise if BEC case is approved first, they will issue you BEC labor and PERM case will be denied. Rest assured, when PERM or BEC case is approved, you can go ahead apply 140 ....that should give you extensions on your H1. I do not see any problems with that...you can continue working here...

Am I missing something? You want either one of them right?

WhyThisDelay said:
Even I'm looking answer/inputs to the question below.

Gurus - can you please comment.

Thanks.

2 questions

bhai and bahen log,
2 questions i have. Answer if u can.

1. Is there any limit on how many years u can extend u're H1 visa to after the 6 year limit?

2. When.........o when........will i get the 45 day chitti for my 11/2003 PD, RIR, EB3 case in Dallas.

aap sab log ko bhut bhut dhanwad.