Dallas Backlog Elimination Center Tracking

Read the following from link http://uscis.gov/graphics/lawsregs/handbook/AC21intrm051205.pdf on page 7-8 applicable for H-1B petitions extensions.

“Section 106(a) of AC21 allows an alien to obtain an extension of H-1B status beyond the 6-year maximum period, when:

A. 365 days or more have passed since the filing of any application for labor certification, Form ETA 750, that is required or used by the alien to obtain status as an EB immigrant, or

B. .......

Once these requirements have been met, the alien may be granted an extension beyond the 6-year maximum on or prior to the date the alien reaches the 6-year maximum. Such extensions may only be granted in one-year increments, but may be requested on a single (combined) extension request for any remaining time left in the initial 6-year period. Requiring the filing of two extension petitions merely increases petitioner and CIS workloads, and has no basis in statute. In no case, however, may the total period of time granted on an extension exceed a cumulative total of 3 years. 8 CFR 214.2(h)(15)(ii)(B)(1).”

Lawyer will always try to file as many H1B as possible may be for money.

activex111 said:
I had 6 months 10 days left to recapture on my H1 and my lawyer asked for both of these together, the remaining period of 6 mon-10 days and 7th yr extension. The lawyer had informed me that if it is less than 6 months remaining to capture in first 6 yrs of ur H1, then you can ask for that plus the 7th yr extension together but if it is more than 6 months then you have to apply for that first and later for 7th yr extension.

Thank you

Jaiatl said:
Read the following from link http://uscis.gov/graphics/lawsregs/handbook/AC21intrm051205.pdf on page 7-8 applicable for H-1B petitions extensions.

“Section 106(a) of AC21 allows an alien to obtain an extension of H-1B status beyond the 6-year maximum period, when:

A. 365 days or more have passed since the filing of any application for labor certification, Form ETA 750, that is required or used by the alien to obtain status as an EB immigrant, or

B. .......

Once these requirements have been met, the alien may be granted an extension beyond the 6-year maximum on or prior to the date the alien reaches the 6-year maximum. Such extensions may only be granted in one-year increments, but may be requested on a single (combined) extension request for any remaining time left in the initial 6-year period. Requiring the filing of two extension petitions merely increases petitioner and CIS workloads, and has no basis in statute. In no case, however, may the total period of time granted on an extension exceed a cumulative total of 3 years. 8 CFR 214.2(h)(15)(ii)(B)(1).”

Lawyer will always try to file as many H1B as possible may be for money.

Thanks Jaiatl, this document has excellent information and answers most of the questions posted by our friends on 7th year ext'n.

Thanks again
Rambob

RAM4GC said:
Thanks Jaiatl, this document has excellent information and answers most of the questions posted by our friends on 7th year ext'n.

Thanks again
Rambob

Hi All,

Does any one have any document which explains how to recapture out of US time?

Thanks,

TO NSK - Delay in Certification letter

Case certified means, your labour is approved. A letter is generated and Certification stamp is put on it, its is generally taking more than couple months to do it for most cases, some cases are very lucky.

Once that process is done, you will be sent letter. Till that time you will need to wait. Be happy that atleast a part of process is over.

nsk77 said:
I received a screen shot from DBRC.

It says my case was certified on 6/13/05

My lawyers have still not received the approval letter. It has been almost 6 weeks since the approval.

Is there anyway to get Dallas the mail the certified letter?

RIR -EB2, PD Sept2002 . CA

dsugandhi said:
Hi All,

Does any one have any document which explains how to recapture out of US time?

Thanks,

It is posible but it is not clear yet. I am not sure that there are any publications how to do it.

I know that one guy did it but his lawyer did it through the court trial.

Generally it is not good for green card, You can not recapture vacation time for sure. Only if you were laid off or something like that.

Chicago DOL - DEC'2002 cases?

Anyone from Chicago DOL with PDs in or after Dec'2002 recieved certifications / denials?

Its been frustating for me to wait in the dark, not knowing whats happenning with my applications. Lawyers don't care about the status. The only answer from them is "wait".

No replies have been sent by DBEC for my 7th year extesion proof (sent 4 emails and stopped sending them now)

Gurus ... please throw some light on this.

Thanks!

Chicago-case said:
Anyone from Chicago DOL with PDs in or after Dec'2002 recieved certifications / denials?

Its been frustating for me to wait in the dark, not knowing whats happenning with my applications. Lawyers don't care about the status. The only answer from them is "wait".

No replies have been sent by DBEC for my 7th year extesion proof (sent 4 emails and stopped sending them now)

Gurus ... please throw some light on this.

Thanks!
Dec 2 2002 was my PD. I received my approval yesterday.
One of my friend with Dec 16, 2002 did not receive a 45 day letter yet.
Another with Nov 20, 2002 --screen shot showed his case_status='closed' and had to reopen through his attorney. He also got his 45 day letter around march 20. So not sure what they are doing. They enetered some boxes into database and left some. All of us are from MI/EB3. Hope this helps!

Please guys give me some idea

Mine is EB-3 non RIR APril 2003 from TX...When am I going to hit at least the 45 day letter any ideas ...please post

ram_ram said:
Dec 2 2002 was my PD. I received my approval yesterday.
One of my friend with Dec 16, 2002 did not receive a 45 day letter yet.
Another with Nov 20, 2002 --screen shot showed his case_status='closed' and had to reopen through his attorney. He also got his 45 day letter around march 20. So not sure what they are doing. They enetered some boxes into database and left some. All of us are from MI/EB3. Hope this helps!

ram_ram,

Congratulations for your approval. Can you let us know: the date of your approval on the letter, and the "Date Submitted" on your screen shot that you receive in July?

good luck for the rest of the process... you are almost there!

Thanks!

Only3moreYears said:
ram_ram,

Congratulations for your approval. Can you let us know: the date of your approval on the letter, and the "Date Submitted" on your screen shot that you receive in July?

good luck for the rest of the process... you are almost there!

Thanks!
Date submitted is Mar 15. Coorection Letter generated is Mar 16. So no way a case can be approved before the 45 day letter. I did not look at the actual approval(with my attorney) but I am pretty sure It got approved around Jul 13..thats when I requested for the screen shot.

Icarus said:
Labor Day
Hi Icarus,
I have a PD date of March 2002 (TR, EB2) from Oklahoma.
Can you please tell me if Oklahoma cases are being processed.
Thanks in advance for any information.

Please don't ask ICARUS about your Personal Case status

Icarus is helping us in providing overall updates about BEC...

Please don't irritate him by asking your personal case status.. or processing time for your individual case processing timings...

Maveric,
02/18/2003

mamidikaya said:
Hi Icarus,

PD2002 said:
Hi Icarus,

Could you please comment of how long does it take after mailing back the "additional proof of recruitment " to BEC?
It varies from case to case....once it's received, the information is reviewed, and if it satisfies the requirement, the case is approved for certification...

Meera Maria said:
My PD is Mar 2003, from PBEC. My lawyer has received the 45 day letter and replied to it during Feb 2005. I received the screenshot having case status only as DATA REVIEW. I am really confused, whether the 45 day letter has been received or not. Please help me. I am in a height of frustration and anxiety. :confused: :eek:
If the 45-day letter was returned back in Feb 2005, and the status is still Data Review....not sure. I do know that if the case had been closed, screenshot would show it.

mamidikaya said:
Hi Icarus,
Yes, cases from OK are being processed.

nother1inline said:
Guys,

I got my paperwork and yes my labor is certifed :) My ETA case number starts with is 0434xxxx. To attest to what Icarus pointed out about the bottleneck at the mailing end of DBEC - my case was certified in the last week of April - so it took 3 months for them to mail it (the mail stamp was last week of July!!!)

I particularly want to thank GP111 and Icarus for their inputs. Both of you might not know or realize what thread of hope you give to all of us with your insights and information. Thanks a lot.

If any of you have any other questions for/from me - please feel free.

Good luck to all of you. A quick note to guys with PD of first half of 2002 and earlier - its a mailing delay not certification delay for sure.

--------------------
Congrats nother1inline, you are now nother1outofline. :)
Wish you good luck with next steps.

BTW can you tell me your Job title or Occupation code. Was it EB2 ?
Also did you check your Status earlier with H1B extn mail check ? What was it showing then ? Just curious to see what's going on ?
Thanks a lot.

Icarus - Info about SWA

Icarus,

We understand that BEC will not process SWA cases till Sept 2005. But why some of the cases are fully entered but not the others? I looked at my screen-print, the fields for visa type, citizenship, priority date, occupation title and so many more fields are not even entered.

In some of the cases that have a later priority than mine have a "D" case status. Why is this so and what are the reasons for the inaction for my case?

Case1: T-05117-XXXXX RIR, PD 01-May-2001, Indiana SWA - NO "D" number and NO 45 day letter*.

Case2: D-05137-XXXXX RIR, PD 01-Aug-2001, Indiana SWA - NO 45 DAY letter*.

Case3: D-05168-XXXXX RIR, PD 01-Apr-2002, Indiana SWA - GOT 45 DAY LETTER!

Thank you

Getinfo

Icarus Please do reply!

Icarus,

As you suggested that RIR cases with PD Mid-Jan 2003 are being processed.

Would it okay to assume that all the RIS cases with PD in 2002 have already been processed by the analyst and either are certified or waiting to be looked by CO?

thanks in advance.

Hi Guys,

My case is "Certified" as per the screen shot.
Now can someone please tell me how I can help the DBEC folks put my LCA into an envelope and mail it to me. Looks like it was certified 2 months ago. Its amazing to me that 2 months can be wasted just to put a paper into an envelope. And you thought the babus in the Indian Govt offices were slow!!

To all the "queues" we have in the GC process, now we can also add the "mailing queue" !!

Razz