Dallas Backlog Elimination Center Tracking

The screen shot says
Case status : Certified
Date submitted 6/13/2005
which I took to mean it was approved on 6/13/2005 . Please correct me if I am wrong

BEC Hell

Juts to add some more confusion about BEC

One of mine friend’s lawyer has received some query (phone call) about requirement efforts but his status in screenshot is “Data Review”.

My friend's PD is Aug/2002.

nsk77 said:
The screen shot says
Date submitted 6/13/2005
which I took to mean it was approved on 6/13/2005 . Please correct me if I am wrong

---------------------
Congrats dude, you got it correct. Now wait for few weeks to get the letter.
BTW What's your PD and Job title ? Can you tell that ?

Some good news for PD June 2002 guys

I just got off the phone with my lawyer and was told that my LC has been approved. I'm driving to their offices to pick up the paperwork and will post any other details later.

I hope its only the beginning of the good news for all guys waiting in the queue and watching later cases get certified with no news about their cases!!

Hi mnhrdc,

I called up the number you have given with my case number and it says that my case was received my regional office in feb 2004 and the last time case status update was done in feb 18 2004.
Thats about it, how will i get to know where is it currently, is it being processed in SFO or sent to BEC, dallas or philly??

Thanks

hi mnhrdc,

I checked the processing time and it clearly states that " All non-rir cases received after oct 2003 are transferred to Dallas backlog reduction center". Now what I didnt understand is, does this apply only to cases from CA or cases from other states or doesnt matter.
Anyway it looks like my case is not in SFO (the only cases they have are RIR). So I'll have to wait in dallas Q for my 45DL. :confused: :confused: :confused: :(

Thanks for the help.

Just a thought.

There have been some good news lately in this forum ("some"2002 PD guys getting approval), but vast majority of the people are the people who are still either waiting for 45 day letter or have responded to it and dont know what's going on. One can only think & pity the sorry state of affair create by DOL here with no end in sight in near term.

I think it is the greed + nepotism at play at higher levels of DOL & Exceed corp (co. that controls staff at both philly/Dallas center). Otherwise why would they restrict the temp. staff to 100 per center (why not hire 500 or 1000 temp employees to enter data and analyze the queues)?? Why put a clause in the contract that the says that backlog needs to be eliminated in "timely" manner, without specifying what is the max. limit for this (this may well run into 4-6 years). As per Icarus' previous post, only the data entry itself will take another 8-10 months & the BEC has been in existence since sept. 2004. How the heck did DOL/ Exceed estimate that they could finish the elimination of backlog by Sept 2006 :mad: ? Did they hire some crazy mathematician to do the math and make rosy predictions to make this change :mad: :mad: ??

Thinking more about it, since every year Exceed is going to get ~17 million dollars every year for this processing. So in their best interest and for the sake of profits it makes sense to prolong this as much as possible. If they finish the entire processing in 10 years, they get 170millions vs. if they finish processing in 2 years for which they'll get 34 million.

The above are just my thoughts with no official information. But I believe there is some truth in above analysis.

I probably would have got my LC earlier without these elimination centers/Perm. And since there was no retrogression in previous system, I would have been able to apply for 485 too. :(

ram_ram said:
My attorney recvd my labor approval by mail today. I recvd the screenshot which said certified around Jul 13 2005.
PD Dec 2 2002/RIR/EB3/MI

Hey ram ram how do you know your case certified on Jul 13 2005? Was it from the screen shot "Date Submitted :"?

WhyThisDelay said:
There have been some good news lately in this forum ("some"2002 PD guys getting approval), but vast majority of the people are the people who are still either waiting for 45 day letter or have responded to it and dont know what's going on. One can only think & pity the sorry state of affair create by DOL here with no end in sight in near term.

I think it is the greed + nepotism at play at higher levels of DOL & Exceed corp (co. that controls staff at both philly/Dallas center). Otherwise why would they restrict the temp. staff to 100 per center (why not hire 500 or 1000 temp employees to enter data and analyze the queues)?? Why put a clause in the contract that the says that backlog needs to be eliminated in "timely" manner, without specifying what is the max. limit for this (this may well run into 4-6 years). As per Icarus' previous post, only the data entry itself will take another 8-10 months & the BEC has been in existence since sept. 2004. How the heck did DOL/ Exceed estimate that they could finish the elimination of backlog by Sept 2006 :mad: ? Did they hire some crazy mathematician to do the math and make rosy predictions to make this change :mad: :mad: ??

Thinking more about it, since every year Exceed is going to get ~17 million dollars every year for this processing. So in their best interest and for the sake of profits it makes sense to prolong this as much as possible. If they finish the entire processing in 10 years, they get 170millions vs. if they finish processing in 2 years for which they'll get 34 million.

The above are just my thoughts with no official information. But I believe there is some truth in above analysis.

I probably would have got my LC earlier without these elimination centers/Perm. And since there was no retrogression in previous system, I would have been able to apply for 485 too. :(

My personal opinion: PPL with PD in 2004 and 2005 should try to convert their cases to PERM. It is hopeless ( according to me ) to wait in this stupid BEC. My company is not applying for PERM otherwise I would have converted my old case to PERM (my case is TR ) or apply for a new PERM case altogether(my PD is dec 2002). If there is another alternative then go for it than stick with BEC's. Those with no alternatives we can keep the forums going. :)

WhyThisDelay said:

Hi WhyThisDelay -
Everyone is frustrated here and you are not an exception. You 'might' be right with the greed part of DOL and Exceed but this is business (we being the end clients) and obvoiusly they want to make some money. My blind guess about their "timely manner" setup is based on available Budget + Visa numbers per year.

Total time for Backlog/Labor Clearance = (No_of_Cases) / (Staff + Visa Numbers)

Keeping the No_of_Cases as constant, the only way to speed up the process is by increasing the staff (means... $$$s) or visa numbers. I dont think that they are working towards any of that.

Thanks
Rambob

These are just my thoughts, please act accordingly.

Maveric said:
congrats hhanyu...

Can you please tell us exact day of your PD..like November which day...

Also could you mention what is the job Title on your LC..

Thanks,
Maveric
02/18/2003

Thank you.
PD: November 12, 2002, California
EB-3/RIR
45-day Letter: replied on March 5, 2005

Thank you, again.

My details

Guys,

I got my paperwork and yes my labor is certifed :) My ETA case number starts with is 0434xxxx. To attest to what Icarus pointed out about the bottleneck at the mailing end of DBEC - my case was certified in the last week of April - so it took 3 months for them to mail it (the mail stamp was last week of July!!!)

I particularly want to thank GP111 and Icarus for their inputs. Both of you might not know or realize what thread of hope you give to all of us with your insights and information. Thanks a lot.

If any of you have any other questions for/from me - please feel free.

Good luck to all of you. A quick note to guys with PD of first half of 2002 and earlier - its a mailing delay not certification delay for sure.

Hello Icarus,

My PD is 7/2002 , CA , RIR. (It went to regional office on 7/2003) Received and replied for 45 days letter in Feb 2005. No news so far. Do you have any idea on what is happening.

Thanks

nother1inline said:
Guys,

I got my paperwork and yes my labor is certifed :) My ETA case number starts with is 0434xxxx. To attest to what Icarus pointed out about the bottleneck at the mailing end of DBEC - my case was certified in the last week of April - so it took 3 months for them to mail it (the mail stamp was last week of July!!!)

I particularly want to thank GP111 and Icarus for their inputs. Both of you might not know or realize what thread of hope you give to all of us with your insights and information. Thanks a lot.

If any of you have any other questions for/from me - please feel free.

Good luck to all of you. A quick note to guys with PD of first half of 2002 and earlier - its a mailing delay not certification delay for sure.

Congrats and all the best in future process
and Thanks for your Wishes and hope it come true at earliest before retrogression becomes more worse

additional proof of recruitment

Hi Icarus,

Could you please comment of how long does it take after mailing back the "additional proof of recruitment " to BEC?

nsk77 said:
The screen shot says
Date submitted 6/13/2005

Last activity or Data entered date and definetly not approved date
Becz we know some cases where Revieved date is 11/16/2004 and submitted date as 11/17/2004 and approval NOT recieved.

Hope this clarifies and Congrats for Certification

vsaxena said:
There are few posting where status was mentioned as “Final review”. = " in CO Q"

Why did my case has the staus as "Data review" even though my PD is 9/30/02 and replyed for the 45DL on 25 Jan 2005?
="Data Verification Not Completed before moving to RIR/TR Q "

Just to let mention there is date submitted in data review section which is 5/20/05 in my case. = "Last Activity or Data Entry"

Any comment??? = My Views you may like or dislike it :)

My prediction after Icarus posting your case (if RIR) should have been allready processed (JAN 2003 pd). And most of Sept 2002 PD are getting LC hard copies compared to Earlier PD's.

Last edited by a moderator:
ajoo said:
My case is EB2 - NON-RIR

Did I say you get your EAD in next 90 day after applying for I-140 & I485 immediately as an EB2 :) just kidding you must be having all papers ready by now.

to Icarus, please explain

My PD is Mar 2003, from PBEC. My lawyer has received the 45 day letter and replied to it during Feb 2005. I received the screenshot having case status only as DATA REVIEW. I am really confused, whether the 45 day letter has been received or not. Please help me. I am in a height of frustration and anxiety. :confused: :eek: