Dallas Backlog Elimination Center Tracking

Just an update

Folks,
Just wanted to share some info with you guys.

I had first sent an email(using my personal gmail account) to get the screenshot back in the 2nd week of july. I got the response back with minutes.

In the first screen shot, the "Existence Check" showed "Failed".

I digged around to find out what this meant and found that I was not the only one who had this problem. I decided to sent another email (again using my personal email) after a few days. I never got any response back. I guess D-BEC stopped responding to repeat queries from the applicants. So yesterday I convinced my HR to send and email to get the screen shot. HR got the response back today. The screen shot looks the same except that now the "Existence Check" filed says "OVERRIDDEN".

Regarding case status and existence check

Lalaker, my case is similar to what you got. I have been a silent observer for almost a year now.

My case details are:

EB2/RIR/CA
DBEC case number is: D-04320-01***
PD: 11/2002
RD: 11/2003
45 Day Letter Replied: 24th Feb., 2005

My employer had sent an email for getting the screenshot, and to my surprise she got two replies from DBEC one week apart.

First email:
Case status: Data Review Existence Check: Failed
Second email:
Case status: Data Review Existence Check: Overriden

ICARUS, GP111, or anyone on this forum:
I am not sure what this means??
Is it worth now moving my case to PERM, or just wait and watch?

Thanks in advance

lalaker said:
Folks,
Just wanted to share some info with you guys.

I had first sent an email(using my personal gmail account) to get the screenshot back in the 2nd week of july. I got the response back with minutes.

In the first screen shot, the "Existence Check" showed "Failed".

I digged around to find out what this meant and found that I was not the only one who had this problem. I decided to sent another email (again using my personal email) after a few days. I never got any response back. I guess D-BEC stopped responding to repeat queries from the applicants. So yesterday I convinced my HR to send and email to get the screen shot. HR got the response back today. The screen shot looks the same except that now the "Existence Check" filed says "OVERRIDDEN".

My thought: My pd is Dec 2002 and so far havent got 45 day letter. I dont require my 7th year H1 and so I havent sent a request just to know my case status. Please dont just keep requesting to know your case status, that too mutiple times. Just wait or else go apply for PERM. There are ton's of ppl ahead of you so dont get anxious. If ppl after you get their approvals and you are left behind then try to find your status till then wait and restrain yourself.

You will just waste the already slow workers from doing more useful work, that is work on cases. So please please restrain....

Last edited by a moderator:
Just an update

Rallygum said:
Lalaker, my case is similar to what you got. I have been a silent observer for almost a year now.

My case details are:

EB2/RIR/CA
DBEC case number is: D-04320-01***
PD: 11/2002
RD: 11/2003
45 Day Letter Replied: 24th Feb., 2005

My employer had sent an email for getting the screenshot, and to my surprise she got two replies from DBEC one week apart.

First email:
Case status: Data Review Existence Check: Failed
Second email:
Case status: Data Review Existence Check: Overriden

ICARUS, GP111, or anyone on this forum:
I am not sure what this means??
Is it worth now moving my case to PERM, or just wait and watch?

Thanks in advance

Rallygum,
I had noticed a post a few days back where it was mentioned that DOL was aware about this Existence Check Failed problem and had given some kind of temporary blanket approval to override this error condition to avoid unncessary labor denails. This latest screen shot seems to provide that the law was put into effect immediately. Whether to wait or file PERM is a personal call. You have to weigh your options. I would suggest discussing with your employer (if possible at all) or atleast discuss with your Attorney.

Hang in there pal.

Point Well taken

volleyball said:
My thought: My pd is Dec 2002 and so far havent got 45 day letter. I dont require my 7th year H1 and so I havent sent a request just to know my case status. Please dont just keep requesting to know your case status, that too mutiple times. Just wait or else go apply for PERM. There are ton's of ppl ahead of you so get anxious. If ppl after you get their approvals and you are left behind then try to find your status till then wait and restrain yourself.

You will just waste the already slow workers from doing more useful work, that is work on cases. So please please restrain....

Volleyball,
I hear you. Point well taken.

:)

"Case Source" Field in Screen Shot

Icacus/Gurus...
The "Case Source" Field in my Screen Shot is "State". But I am sure my case was sent to Chicago Regional Office in 2004 and I have ever talked with a lady in Chicago Regional office and she can find my DOT number and case number in their computer system. So my question is: did my case is entered wrong? Does it affect my application? :confused: or My case was never sent to the regional office? :eek:

PD: 11/08/2002
45 Letter Received: 03/17/2005
45 Letter Replyed: 03/18/2005
Case Status: RIR

what is the advantage of filing I-485 before Aug.31st?

gp111 said:
Congrats PD2002.. Make sure you apply I-485 well before August 31.

Good Luck

Hi GP111,
Is there any reason why you are advising pd2002 to file I-485 before Aug.31st? His case is EB2 any way right? I did not get you completely. Also my PD is Sept. 26th 2002 and still labor was not certified. Remember our cases are almost similar. Can you give some advise for me too. Checked with Employer and they said they have not rcvd. any thing yet. Do you know how to send E-mail to DBEC? Pls. provide an email address etc, so that I will ask my attorney to send an email.

kuks said:
Hi All,
I requested for screen shot for the pending labor from Dallas BEC for my 7 th year H1 extension.I have'nt got any response till weeks.Then after 2 weeks I send them email again.It's almost a week again and have'nt got any response.

I sent mail to the following email address.
h1b7yr@dal.dflc.us

I provided following details of my case in email.

1.Employer Name : xxxx
2.Employer Address : xxxx
3.Alien Name : xxxx
4.Alien Address : xxxx
5.State of Filling Case : xxxx
6.Priority Date : xxxx
7.ETA Case Number : D-xxxxx-xxxxx

Please suggest me if anything wrong.How much time time it takes to get screen shot.

Thanks.

Hi Kuks -
They are not following any standard procedure. For some people email reply came in hours, for others days and weeks. And for others, they have not received any reply at all from DBEC. We can pray our favourite god daily until we receive a screenshot. If you are really worried about your 7th year extn, you can use '45 day letter' as a proof (As per attorney).

Thanks
Rambob

vsaxena said:
Icarus,

As you suggested that RIR cases with PD Mid-Jan 2003 are being processed.

Would it okay to assume that all the RIS cases with PD in 2002 have already been processed by the analyst and either are certified or waiting to be looked by CO?

thanks in advance.
No, that would be premature. As additional cases are entered by data entry, they may have earlier PD's. Once a 45-day response is received, these will go to the top of the queue, causing later dates to move back. Unfortunately, with a variety of state and regional offices sending cases according to their own interpretation of the instructions on how to do so, there is no way to ensure that the data entry is done in FIFO order (short of stopping all data entry and analysis and spending a couple of weeks in the store room organizing files). FIFO is thus established when a 45-day letter response is returned. Although the majority of RIR cases being worked at present are from 01/03, occasionally, a case will come from the queue with an earlier PD.

gp111 said:
Congrats PD2002.. Make sure you apply I-485 well before August 31.

Good Luck

Hello GP111,

Why before Aug 31? What is your best guess on EB-2 retrogression?

Also i send you a PM please when you have time.

Thanks for all your contributions....

How about cases before JULY 2002

Icarus and other Gurus ...
I see that a number of people that have their PD after JUNE 2002 got their cases certified. I hardly see anybody that has PD before JULY 2002 that got approval lately. I heard a rumor that this is being done intentionally to avoid traffic on other stages of Greed Card process.

Any information would be appreciated...
MY INFO
------------------
KS/RIR/EB2
PD: 06-12-2002
45 Day Letter Replied: 05-03-2005
Case #: D-05087-XXXXX

jan03 certified

screen shot in reply to h1b7yr email address ( overnight reply on this attempt---no replies to last 3 emails before this one)

status certified

details
RIR,
ohio pd:jan,03
chicago dol PD: jan, 04
45 day letter, april 05
certified: july 05.

hopeful to see the hard copy some time this month :confused: :rolleyes:

great news! that raises a lot of hope for Chicago DOL applicants! keep 'em coming!

ok_LA said:
screen shot in reply to h1b7yr email address ( overnight reply on this attempt---no replies to last 3 emails before this one)

status certified

details
RIR,
45 day letter, april 05

what is exact PD ???

congrats ok_la...

can u pls tell us exact day in Jan 03..

Thanks,
Maveric

ok_LA said:

status certified

details
RIR,
45 day letter, april 05

Some stats from the tracker

The tracker has 84 cases in the Dallas BPC that made it to Regional and are RIR with PD of 2002 or earlier. 45 of them have been approved. (53%). Below further breakdown:
30 out of 48 San Francisco DOL cases approved (63%)
10 out of 26 Dallas DOL cases approved (38%)
5 out of 10 Chicago DOL cases approved (50%)

The tracker has 14 cases in the Dallas BPC that made it to Regional and are REGULAR with PD of 2002 or earlier. 3 of them have been approved. (21%). Below further breakdown:
0 out of 2 San Francisco DOL cases approved (0%)
3 out of 7 Dallas DOL cases approved (43%)
0 out of 5 Chicago DOL cases approved (0%)

These stats come from the tracker found at:
http://boards.immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?t=161571

thanks for the reply ICARUS

Icarus said:
If the 45-day letter was returned back in Feb 2005, and the status is still Data Review....not sure. I do know that if the case had been closed, screenshot would show it.
The screenshot did not have anything as CLOSED. It only reads as DATA REVIEW. Should I have to worry about this and let my lawyer know about it? Please advice. I have the copy of the 45 day letter and the dispatched fedex copy. thanks in advance.

Icarus please do reply!

Icarus said:
No, that would be premature. As additional cases are entered by data entry, they may have earlier PD's. Once a 45-day response is received, these will go to the top of the queue, causing later dates to move back. Unfortunately, with a variety of state and regional offices sending cases according to their own interpretation of the instructions on how to do so, there is no way to ensure that the data entry is done in FIFO order (short of stopping all data entry and analysis and spending a couple of weeks in the store room organizing files). FIFO is thus established when a 45-day letter response is returned. Although the majority of RIR cases being worked at present are from 01/03, occasionally, a case will come from the queue with an earlier PD.
Thanks Icarus,

OK, How about the cases that have PD in 2002 and have already replied to 45DL in Jan/Feb 2005 but still have status as “Data Review”.

Since majority of RIR cases being worked at present are from 01/03.

Is it possible that even though status is “Data Review” these case are processed by analyst and waiting to be looked by COs?

Would it be possible for you to find the faith of all these cases?

Thanks,

cavenkat said:
Hi GP111,
Is there any reason why you are advising pd2002 to file I-485 before Aug.31st? His case is EB2 any way right? I did not get you completely.

As per Visa Bulletin of August 05, EB-2 might retrogress for the month of Sept-05, & not sure will be current or retrogressed in New Quota Year (OCT-05).. So just to be safe, file before August end.

Also my PD is Sept. 26th 2002 and still labor was not certified. Remember our cases are almost similar. Can you give some advise for me too. Checked with Employer and they said they have not rcvd. any thing yet. Do you know how to send E-mail to DBEC? Pls. provide an email address etc, so that I will ask my attorney to send an email.
Individuals should send an e-mail to the appropriate Backlog Center explaining the need for the H-1B extension and requesting verification that their application is pending at the Center. The email addresses are h1b7yr@dal.dflc.us for the Dallas Center and h1b7yr@phi.dflc.us for the Philadelphia Center. Include in this request all pertinent information (employer name and address, alien name and address, date of filing, state where filed, case number, if known).

Got my ScreenShot today:

Got my ScreenShot today:

Processing Type: RIR
Case Status: RIR
Case Source: Region
Existence Check: Overridden

Strangely my priority date on the screen shot show 2 days later than i have been knowing so far! :confused: :confused: :confused:

Can someone tell me if Case Status: RIR means it is in the middle of processing or is it towards the end?

Last edited by a moderator: