Texas: 10 cases
Michigan: 5 cases
Oklahoma: 2 cases
Inidiana: 1 case
Louisiana: 1 case
Arkansas: 1 case
Ohio: 1 case
??? 5 cases

23 cases have ETA# starting with D-04XXX-XXXXX only 5 cases have ETA# D-05XXX-XXXXX,
ETA# for the rest is missing, I think pesonaly that majority of missing ETA# have numbers starting with D-04XXX-XXXXX.

It looks like that California and Texas have special privileges from the Dallas point of view.

States like Washington which had huge back log at SWA even did not present in the table and Indiana has only one certified case.

sleepless_in_IN said:
anyone get a 45DL? or have they stopped? :eek:

anyone get approval from Dallas BEC with out 45DL?

What are your details sleepless_in_in??? My details are below in my signature and so is my status, waititng for 45 day letter. If your PD is earlier than mine I wouldnt be a good case to console you but if yours is after mine then trust me there are quite a few in our situation.
From what I perceive most of the cases that are being cleared are the cases that went to DOL from states CA and Dallas.

Have any body got encouraging screenshot with PD 2003 (mid or later part)

I personally agree with this, but this forum is a great place to post for those who have done for genuine reason (for 7th year extn) thus helps BEC also

Have anybody with PD 2003 (later or mid part) got any encouraging screen shot? - appreciate posting the details

lynne said:
I watch this forum avidly. I am waiting for LC for the second time around in Indiana. My PD is Nov 2002. I am prepared to be patient except that I have a son who will age out in five months.

I understand that everyone wants to know about their case but if everyone sends a request pretending they are applying for their 7th year extension the staff in Dallas will end up doing little else.

Personally I need (desperately) for them not to be distracted from entering data, sending 45 letters (still do not have one) and then hopefully approving cases like mine in a timely fashion.

If you do not REALLY need this information I ask you all politely not to send frivolous messages asking for your update.

I do not want to cause any one offense with this message but my family unity depends on things moving soon.

thanks

thanks u4ever!

my case status shows:RIR
EXISTENCE CHECK: OVERRIDDEN

PLEASE HELP ME WAT DOES THIS MEAN......OVERRIDDEN :confused:

u4ever said:
They didn't learn how to attach files. Don't blame them, they are just government contractors. To open your attachment forward their reply to your other e-mail address, to open e-mail with another mail program.

I used Yahoo account and their interface was not able to show this attachment, too. I forwarded e-mail to MS Outlook.

Regards.

dolly09 said:
thanks u4ever!

my case status shows:RIR
EXISTENCE CHECK: OVERRIDDEN

PLEASE HELP ME WAT DOES THIS MEAN......OVERRIDDEN :confused:

It is good, at least much better than majority of us have FAILED

sfmars said:
Number of Certified cases in Dallas, based on the tracker
---------------------------------------------------------

Total number: 59 certified cases

California: 33 cases
??? 5 cases

23 cases have ETA# starting with D-04XXX-XXXXX only 5 cases have ETA# D-05XXX-XXXXX,
ETA# for the rest is missing, I think pesonaly that majority of missing ETA# have numbers starting with D-04XXX-XXXXX.

It looks like that California and Texas have special privileges from the Dallas point of view.

States like Washington which had huge back log at SWA even did not present in the table and Indiana has only one certified case.
As interesting as it sounds; here's a similar comparison of PBEC

Total Cases Certified: 7

All cases were xferred from Philadelphia DOL to PBEC

Pennsylvania: 4
West Virginia: 1
Virginia: 1
Maryland: 1

ETA# is known for only 3 of the cases and they all start with P-04XXX-XXXXX.
States like NY, NJ have huge backlogs. But no approved cases yet.
Cases transferred from Phila DOL have the preference here.

Guys, help me understand something....

How does this work? Do some states have priority over others? I applied in Arkansas and I see one case being approved versus CA and TX. Even though everything is transfered to BEC, should I assume that my case will be looked at later than another person in TX?

Also, when would you apply for 7th year extention, if H1-b expired in OCT?

Thanks,
B-

I just got off the line from my lawyer and they recd. 2 LCs certified this week - both from CA - one masters - PD July 2002 - D04320.xxxx and the other bachelors - PD Sept 2002 - D04321.xxxx

mbturantekin said:

How does this work? Do some states have priority over others? I applied in Arkansas and I see one case being approved versus CA and TX. Even though everything is transfered to BEC, should I assume that my case will be looked at later than another person in TX?

Thanks,
B-

I would file the paperwork in august. It took me 3 months to get my I-129 without the expedite processing fee ....

Can you tell when did they reply for th 45 day letter

nother1inline said:
I just got off the line from my lawyer and they recd. 2 LCs certified this week - both from CA - one masters - PD July 2002 - D04320.xxxx and the other bachelors - PD Sept 2002 - D04321.xxxx

nother1inline,

Thanks for posting this info. Every time somebody posts this type of msg I see a ray of hope.

Can you tell me when did the attorney reply back for the 45 L received from BEC for the guy with PD July 2002.

My details EB2, PD July 2002 CA , RD July 2003, 45 L Replied 02/03/05.

Thanks,
saburi_gc

SFDoLRd_082003 and PD2002: Can you please let me know whether your's is EB2/EB3 ?

SFDoLRd_082003 said:
I have pretty much the same PD timeframe as you guys... Sep 2002. As PD2002 has heard from Dallas BEC sometime late June, it is a good sign. Hopefully PD2002 should get the approval anytime.
It is also a promising sign for the rest of the guys. I wouldn't worry too much about it. Just keep your fingers crossed and hope for the best. You will have your day. The more we check on things the worse it seems... :)

Good luck guys.

SFDoLRd_082003 and PD2002: Can you please let me know whether your's is EB2/EB3 ? Also, please let me know whether your LC is originally from CA?

I think SFDOLRD_082003 and mine should be very similar timings. Probably we should be in touch to see whose LC got approved first, so that other will be almost in week's time.

Thanks for your help.

cavenkat: Priority Date 2002

cavenkat,
My category is EB2 and the LC was originally filed in CA. (SF Bay area actually).
Hope this answers your question.

And it is true that your PD is much closer to mine. So keeping in touch isn't a bad idea to see if things are moving.

I just talked to my manager and company HR representative to check and see if they can get my LC status from Dallas BEC. Lets see how things go.

cavenkat said:
SFDoLRd_082003 and PD2002: Can you please let me know whether your's is EB2/EB3 ? Also, please let me know whether your LC is originally from CA?

I think SFDOLRD_082003 and mine should be very similar timings. Probably we should be in touch to see whose LC got approved first, so that other will be almost in week's time.

Thanks for your help.

Last edited by a moderator:
So damn true....
I TOTALLY agree with you.

lynne said:
I watch this forum avidly. I am waiting for LC for the second time around in Indiana. My PD is Nov 2002. I am prepared to be patient except that I have a son who will age out in five months.

I understand that everyone wants to know about their case but if everyone sends a request pretending they are applying for their 7th year extension the staff in Dallas will end up doing little else.

Personally I need (desperately) for them not to be distracted from entering data, sending 45 letters (still do not have one) and then hopefully approving cases like mine in a timely fashion.

If you do not REALLY need this information I ask you all politely not to send frivolous messages asking for your update.

I do not want to cause any one offense with this message but my family unity depends on things moving soon.

is yours a EB2 case? I am seeing more and more requests from BEC for clarification about recruitment efforts for EB2 cases

PD2002 said:
Hi,

My case is same as some of yours who has EB2. However, my lawyer said that Department of Labor requested more detailed recruitment information from my employer on June 26th. My lawyer has responded to them on June 29th. I am still waiting for response from there yet. Looks like EB3's are getting approval faster than EB2 since one of my colleague who has PD of Sep 2002 (mine is Aug 2002) has already received his approval.

PD 18-Aug-2002
RD: July-2003
45 Day letter responded: Feb 2005
Detailed recruitment docuement requested and responded June 29th.

I am wondering if anybody also is in same boat.

activex111 said:
is yours a EB2 case? I am seeing more and more requests from BEC for clarification about recruitment efforts for EB2 cases
Yes mine is a EB2 Case and from California. I havent heard anybody getting Clarifications. If you have heard of any in this forum, it will be great if you can point me to them. I am cuirous to see how long does it take to get result from BEC after responding to the "Clarifications of recruitment"

ofcourse it has to do with the number of cases filed from each state too..
if you check the DOL database, CA has 22,731 cases and TX has 4,069 filed just in 2004 against 85 from AR or 209 from IN

just plain maths that you will see maximum cases approved from CA.. They do not have any special privilages just a ton of cases from those states.

sfmars said:
Number of Certified cases in Dallas, based on the tracker
---------------------------------------------------------

Total number: 59 certified cases

California: 33 cases
??? 5 cases

mbturantekin said:

Thanks,
B-

Last edited by a moderator:
volleyball said:
Within the same organisation is fine if there is good overlay. Job description is subjective. If your lawyer says it shouldnt matter and they it is ok to stick with the same application. I am in the similar situation, my job description remains the same, ie. I will be doing same work but I am moving to a differnt group within the same organisation, same location (very improtatnt).
If your company's policy is to do PERM then I would strongly suggest you to try to change your application to PERM. PD of March 05, looking at the current times it will take some years to have your application cleared. I myself am thinking of changing my applicaiton to PERM with a PD of Dec 2002.
:)
volleyball,
thanks for your reply. actually the other group to which i may move is also a support organization within the parent group of my current group..but all within our same company,location and building etc..The job title of this new position is a step higher (senior engr) than my current position but it is fortunately the SAME title put in our labor petition.. Will that be ok. once the labor is done will there be any more scrutiny on the job positions in the I-140 or I-485 stages ?

regarding PERM my lawyers are not too enthusiastic about PERM right now partly because all of my experiecen has been gained in my current company though i have a masters degree..

also how is the RD different from the PD how do I find that date ?
tx
smx

activex111 said:
ofcourse it has to do with the number of cases filed from each state too..
if you check the DOL database, CA has 22,731 cases and TX has 4,069 filed just in 2004 against 85 from AR.

just plain maths that you will see maximum cases approved from CA.. They do not have any special privilages just a ton of cases from those states.

I dont think it is such plain math. There seems to be an out of order in opening/processing of cases. If not then how can many out of order things happen. Person getting LC approval with PD 2003 and ppl with PD in 2002 still waiting for 45 day letter is not in order.
I dont think there is a special priority for states but the cases were transferred to BEC's was in some order of states and the processing/entering of cases seems to have been done in the order of which BEC received them, just my guess.
I know a friend who knows a lawyer and it seems that recently they have started entering Arizona cases into the system. So there seems to be some order based on states. So hoping to get my 45 day letter soon. :)

smx said:
volleyball,
thanks for your reply. actually the other group to which i may move is also a support organization within the parent group of my current group..but all within our same company,location and building etc..The job title of this new position is a step higher (senior engr) than my current position but it is fortunately the SAME title put in our labor petition.. Will that be ok. once the labor is done will there be any more scrutiny on the job positions in the I-140 or I-485 stages ?

regarding PERM my lawyers are not too enthusiastic about PERM right now partly because all of my experiecen has been gained in my current company though i have a masters degree..

also how is the RD different from the PD how do I find that date ?
tx
smx

I am in the similar situtation. I joined with Masters, applied for LC, gained 5 years of exp in the mean time. Now I will be moving to a group which is under the parent organisation of my current group. The new job requires 5+ year exp but the job title is the same. My current position too is a senoir engg compared to when I have joined/applied for LC. I dont think the DOL will expect us to be at the same exp level forever till our LC is approved :) .
PD is the date when you filed LC and RD is when it went from state work force agency ( SWA) to the regional office. You said you LC was applied in March of 2005 so for sure it didnt make it to regional, it went straight to BEC. The chances of you getting LC in the next 2 years ( unless there is a miracle ) is less then 5% ( my guess only ).

How many years of exp have you gained since you joined??? I dont think its more than 1 year.
Either way, since your case is traditional, you can leave the same PD and convert your case to PERM. You apply PERM for the old case not a new one, that way its requirements remain the same, i suppose masters with no exp. But for that they have to do market analysis and if it passes then you are good to go with PERM.

I myself am looking at that path, with a PD of 2002 Dec. So draw your own conculsion.

ALl I Am saying is tha CA has way more cases than other states.. The order may depend on the way the cases were opened or entered in the system (or on the whims and fancy of BEC) but just by probability there will be more cases from CA..

volleyball said:
I dont think it is such plain math. There seems to be an out of order in opening/processing of cases. If not then how can many out of order things happen. Person getting LC approval with PD 2003 and ppl with PD in 2002 still waiting for 45 day letter is not in order.
I dont think there is a special priority for states but the cases were transferred to BEC's was in some order of states and the processing/entering of cases seems to have been done in the order of which BEC received them, just my guess.
I know a friend who knows a lawyer and it seems that recently they have started entering Arizona cases into the system. So there seems to be some order based on states. So hoping to get my 45 day letter soon. :)