Dallas Backlog Elimination Center Tracking

srignram said:
Ther are lot of cases with PD10/11/2002 have been approved.Send a mail to DBEC asking for a screen shot.Best of luck.Though one thing is clear DBEC queue is the most confused onem, whoever lucky got their approval.

Is it ok to send a request EVEN filed as TR and running in 4th year for H1B?

What to do?

Folks,

My wifes Labor PD is 10/2001 and moved from SESA to DOL in 10/2002 after that it was remanded 3times... I sent a mail to h1b7yr@dal.dflc.us from her mailbox requesting the screenshot for 7th year extension and did NOT get any reply from DBEC. We have not received the 45day letter yet and are totally confused because one of her colleague working in the same capacity with PD of 10/2002 (an year later) got the 45day letter and the approval too!!! what are the chances to get the letter and the approval?

Could one of you confirm if the mail id is correct or not. And does it help writing to them again for asking the screenshot.

TIA

SEP 2002 PD and still waiting

Hi,

My case is same as some of yours who has EB2. However, my lawyer said that Department of Labor requested more detailed recruitment information from my employer on June 26th. My lawyer has responded to them on June 29th. I am still waiting for response from there yet. Looks like EB3's are getting approval faster than EB2 since one of my colleague who has PD of Sep 2002 (mine is Aug 2002) has already received his approval.

PD 18-Aug-2002
RD: July-2003
45 Day letter responded: Feb 2005
Detailed recruitment docuement requested and responded June 29th.

I am wondering if anybody also is in same boat.

Last edited by a moderator:
EB2/RIR/CA WITH PD SEPT.26th 2002. Any INFO/CLUE?

Hi,
My case is in Dallas BEC. Details are as follows. Please let me know if anyone has any status

PD: Sept.26th 2002
RD: AUG. 2003
45day letter replied: March.2005
Waiting for Approval. :mad: :confused:

Nov'02 Approved

My attorney got notification through the 7th year extension screenshot that my case has been approved.

He said that he could either apply for my 140/485/EAD/AP upon receipt of the labor certificate or apply for my 7th yr extension (i have 6 more months).

Any guys here know how long the letters take to get to the employer? :rolleyes:

Case details, Nov'02 PD/June'03 RD/EB-RIR/ TX DOL /

thanks,

j2k

java2king said:
My attorney got notification through the 7th year extension screenshot that my case has been approved.

He said that he could either apply for my 140/485/EAD/AP upon receipt of the labor certificate or apply for my 7th yr extension (i have 6 more months).

Any guys here know how long the letters take to get to the employer? :rolleyes:

Case details, Nov'02 PD/June'03 RD/EB-RIR/ TX DOL /

thanks,

j2k
Congrats j2k. yours is EB2 or EB3

PD2002, cavenkat

I have pretty much the same PD timeframe as you guys... Sep 2002. As PD2002 has heard from Dallas BEC sometime late June, it is a good sign. Hopefully PD2002 should get the approval anytime.
It is also a promising sign for the rest of the guys. I wouldn't worry too much about it. Just keep your fingers crossed and hope for the best. You will have your day. The more we check on things the worse it seems... :)

Good luck guys.

cavenkat said:
Hi,
My case is in Dallas BEC. Details are as follows. Please let me know if anyone has any status

PD: Sept.26th 2002
RD: AUG. 2003
45day letter replied: March.2005
Waiting for Approval. :mad: :confused:

Is it ok to ask for screenshot, even though your H1 is not expiring?

I'm thinking of sending mail to the DBEC address below asking for the screenshot.

The only catch is that my H1 does not expire for next 2 years. I know it's not kosher, but the wait for 45 day letter and status of my application is making me anxious.

Can this thing have any adverse impact on my application?
(I also checked the copy of my GC application that I have. It does not contain the expiry date of my H1 visa anyway).

Gurus please comment.

frenchdream said:
send to:h1b7yr@dal.dflc.us
cc to:frenchdream****@yahoo.com
Subject: Please provide proof of the submission to apply for an extension of an H-1B visa

Sir/Madam,
Please provide proof of the submission to apply for an extension of an H-1B visa. Here are the details of my Permanent labor.

case #: D-04295-*****

type: Traditional LC (NON-RIR)

Company Name: ******

Alien Name: First Last

Priority Date: Dec 11,2000

Thanks.

WhyThisDelay said:
I'm thinking of sending mail to the DBEC address below asking for the screenshot.

The only catch is that my H1 does not expire for next 2 years. I know it's not kosher, but the wait for 45 day letter and status of my application is making me anxious.

(I also checked the copy of my GC application that I have. It does not contain the expiry date of my H1 visa anyway).

Gurus please comment.

I had a same question, but I think they don't know if we are reaching towards the end of H1B or no. Its not USCIS, its DOL. DOL doesn't know anything that USCIS does.

So I believe this is true, that we can ask for screenshot.

In my case, my regular application has not been opened by SWA and got forwarded to BEC. Not sure if that will cause anything, also there is no sign of 45 days letter.

Kickback cases, do you guys have to do another recuritment again? I think there is no SWA, so it can't guide anyone to lay how to do the ad stuff?

Now I have read in this forum that some is getting approval, not even getting 45 days letter, I dont think it matters anyway.

Hi WhyThisDelay and LaborDrags -
For your question, please see my reply to T555 in previous page.

Thanks
Ram

WhyThisDelay said:

Gurus please comment.
Hello there,

I understand we all are anxious to know the status of our cases including myself (PD Sept 2003), however; I think we should only send email for H1 extension verification (screenshot) if we really need it to extend our H1.

Although I don’t think sending the email would adversely impact the case but it may slow down the response for those who REALLY need this information to get their H1 extension. - Just my opinion.

Folks..Have a question that is bit urgent..I have my pending Labor certfication PD March 18 2005,Eb3 regular in dallas BEC now.
I have an oppprtunity within my organization that matches the same job title as the one that we have filed our labor for.the job description has a lot of overlap but some
some minor differences (meaning the position described in LC petition and this new position have a lot in common like the languages used ex.java,vb,perl etc but the petition is for a Mainframe support group and this new position advertised is for a network support group so things like MVS will not be extensively used) .

Is it possible for me switch to the new job (use my existing petition) or will that be considered as a totally new position my attorney feels that as long as there is a good overlap and the title remains the same we should be ok with the old petition..has anyone had similar experience/switched jobs within same company with pending LC approval ? are there any complications that may occur ? Is this something worth taking the risk ?

any ideas folks/attorneys will be much appreciated

Thank you.
smx

please don't hold things up in Dallas

I watch this forum avidly. I am waiting for LC for the second time around in Indiana. My PD is Nov 2002. I am prepared to be patient except that I have a son who will age out in five months.

I understand that everyone wants to know about their case but if everyone sends a request pretending they are applying for their 7th year extension the staff in Dallas will end up doing little else.

Personally I need (desperately) for them not to be distracted from entering data, sending 45 letters (still do not have one) and then hopefully approving cases like mine in a timely fashion.

If you do not REALLY need this information I ask you all politely not to send frivolous messages asking for your update.

I do not want to cause any one offense with this message but my family unity depends on things moving soon.

no reply

frenchdream

after reading ur mail i sent mail to h1b7yr they replied to me but attachment they send me didnt showed me nythng...i hav resent my mail..lets c...

PD: Sep'03
RD: Aug'04
recd 45 day ltr...
Dallas BEC

frenchdream said:
I sent three emails asked for my screen shot. No reply on July 15, July 20.

but I sent it again on Monday July 25 at noon, got it back in 6 hours. just using my frenchdream @ yahoo email address. but I found out I gave them wrong PD on first 2 emails, so I corrected it and sent it again. this time got it. the status is TR.

I sent out email with my PD,company name, D-14295-***** number, Alien Name.

the result is like this. see my attachment.

Link...

sleepless_in_IN said:
Company CAN file multiple times see the PERM REGULATIONS on the DOL WEB SITE.

sfmars said:
Sleepless,

Can you provide the exact web link on the DOL WEB SITE ?

top of page 18.
http://www.workforcesecurity.doleta.gov/foreign/pdf/perm_faqs_3-3-05.pdf

What this says is that the company can file LC for a different position as long as it is at least 50% different for what you did/are doing right now. Because you do not have to be working in the position that your labor is filed for; and because the labor cert has nothing to do with the individual and everything to do with the company; filing multiple LCs for the same individual is not unlawful. Now would your application be more likely to be audited? One may argue yes. Who knows? No one does. This whole process is neither scientific nor orderly - it's highly SUBJECTIVE.

One may be able to convince their company to file a second LC using PERM for a 50% different position, IF they are presently stuck at the BEC .

However...
finding a company that would file more than two LCs or even two, both or more in PERM is highly unlikely only because why would they bother? Plus they have to recruit separately for each LC. On top of that even if you pay they have to spend time reviewing resumes/possibly conducting interviews etc. And time is money.

Additionally lawyers are always ultra cautious about these things especially immigration lawyers who just file cases (I mean think about it) MOST of them don't want to take on anything that is beyond straight forward 3rd grade level...cos there is more than enough business for them. So they will play along with your company if they think they might need to type an extra letter or make it 20X more expensive deterring your chances.

But bottom line is it can be done and there is nothing illegal or shady about it. And if a company GENUINELY wants you bad enough they will go to all lengths. If they can live without you they will show you their standard policy...blah blah blah...and give you excuses.

Thanks, Sleepless

That could be an option in the current situation when Dallas BEC freezed any activities and keeps us uninformed.

sleepless_in_IN said:
top of page 18.
http://www.workforcesecurity.doleta.gov/foreign/pdf/perm_faqs_3-3-05.pdf

What this says is that the company can file LC for a different position as long as it is at least 50% different for what you did/are doing right now. Because you do not have to be working in the position that your labor is filed for; and because the labor cert has nothing to do with the individual and everything to do with the company; filing multiple LCs for the same individual is not unlawful. Now would your application be more likely to be audited? One may argue yes. Who knows? No one does. This whole process is neither scientific nor orderly - it's highly SUBJECTIVE.

One may be able to convince their company to file a second LC using PERM for a 50% different position, IF they are presently stuck at the BEC .

However...
finding a company that would file more than two LCs or even two, both or more in PERM is highly unlikely only because why would they bother? Plus they have to recruit separately for each LC. On top of that even if you pay they have to spend time reviewing resumes/possibly conducting interviews etc. And time is money.

Additionally lawyers are always ultra cautious about these things especially immigration lawyers who just file cases (I mean think about it) MOST of them don't want to take on anything that is beyond straight forward 3rd grade level...cos there is more than enough business for them. So they will play along with your company if they think they might need to type an extra letter or make it 20X more expensive deterring your chances.

But bottom line is it can be done and there is nothing illegal or shady about it. And if a company GENUINELY wants you bad enough they will go to all lengths. If they can live without you they will show you their standard policy...blah blah blah...and give you excuses.

smx said:
Folks..Have a question that is bit urgent..I have my pending Labor certfication PD March 18 2005,Eb3 regular in dallas BEC now.
I have an oppprtunity within my organization that matches the same job title as the one that we have filed our labor for.the job description has a lot of overlap but some
some minor differences (meaning the position described in LC petition and this new position have a lot in common like the languages used ex.java,vb,perl etc but the petition is for a Mainframe support group and this new position advertised is for a network support group so things like MVS will not be extensively used) .

Is it possible for me switch to the new job (use my existing petition) or will that be considered as a totally new position my attorney feels that as long as there is a good overlap and the title remains the same we should be ok with the old petition..has anyone had similar experience/switched jobs within same company with pending LC approval ? are there any complications that may occur ? Is this something worth taking the risk ?

any ideas folks/attorneys will be much appreciated

Thank you.
smx

Within the same organisation is fine if there is good overlay. Job description is subjective. If your lawyer says it shouldnt matter and they it is ok to stick with the same application. I am in the similar situation, my job description remains the same, ie. I will be doing same work but I am moving to a differnt group within the same organisation, same location (very improtatnt).
If your company's policy is to do PERM then I would strongly suggest you to try to change your application to PERM. PD of March 05, looking at the current times it will take some years to have your application cleared. I myself am thinking of changing my applicaiton to PERM with a PD of Dec 2002.
:)

dolly09 said:
frenchdream

after reading ur mail i sent mail to h1b7yr they replied to me but attachment they send me didnt showed me nythng...i hav resent my mail..lets c...

PD: Sep'03
RD: Aug'04
recd 45 day ltr...
Dallas BEC

They didn't learn how to attach files. Don't blame them, they are just government contractors. To open your attachment forward their reply to your other e-mail address, to open e-mail with another mail program.

I used Yahoo account and their interface was not able to show this attachment, too. I forwarded e-mail to MS Outlook.

Regards.

State or Regional?

Hi,
My case is currently in Dallas BEC The case details are as follows

State Illinois
PD# April 4 2004
Federal Chicago
RD sometime in 1st week of Dec2004
BEC case # is D-05096-5####.
Received 45 days letter in April 2005

In 1st week of Dec2004 when we enquired the Illinois office about the
case status they said it was approved and moved to the Regional
office.
But when I look at the screen shot BEC emails for 7th yr ext, the
case source feild says "State" rather then "Regional". Does this mean
that the case never made it to Regional? I'm confused, does anyone
know what this field should hold. Thanks in advance.