Dallas Backlog Elimination Center Tracking

Birth Certificate

sakiv_us said:
Hi Gaurang,

I have couple of questions:

1. What if one does not have a birth certificate. All i have is a school leaving certificate (10+2) which has my birth date. I believe that it won't work. So I need to get a birth certificate which is very difficult for me. Is there any way out? I believe you are also from Gujarat so you might have also faced same. Can you please tell me what you did to overcome this?

2. My case was filled in SWA CA under Non-RIR(TR) on Feb 2003. It didn't go to RO. What are my chances and when can I expect 45 days letter, case number etc. ?

TIA

sakiv

GO TO FOLLOWING LINKS You will get Birth Certificate,Marraige Certificate etc. If you are not from California then contact the nearest Consulate of India.
http://www.cgisf.org/

http://www.cgisf.org/visa/misc.pdf

BIRTH CERTIFICATE
What are the documents required for this service and how much time will this service take?
i) Completed Miscellaneous Services form
ii) One Photograph (preferably in colour, front facing, 2" X 2" )
iii) Original Indian passport
iv) Fees of $20
v) Mail back charges (preferably $15 for return by overnight mail which is more reliable and safe. Consulate can not take responsibility for delay in receipt or loss of documents sent by certified mail. No self addressed envelope necessary. Fees for birth certificate + mailing charges can be sent together through a single money order or cashier’s check. Please note that payments by mail can only be made through money order or cashier's check in favor of the Consulate General of India.
How much time will this service take?
i) If you apply at the counter in the Consulate, same day or latest by the next working day.
ii) If applied through mail, 3-4 days, excluding time taken in mail.

Last edited by a moderator:
INDBPC said:
Birth certificate obtained via consulate based on passport are not valid for GC purpose, it has to be obtained via local municipality from your birth place. I do not have my birth certificat and it was made very clear by my lawyer that birth certificate from consulate will not work.
All

Please leave this thread for only Labor related updates, and use the appropriate Threads for any other information, it is really annoying to keep scrolling through the pages and finding no relevant information.
I hope you all understand and be considerate to others

Thanks

help ??

Hello Gurus,

I know this is not the right thred for posting me this message, please execuse me, I need help.

Recently I got my labor approved 10 days back. I just came to know that from law firm, missing H1B Receipt which we filed for 7 yr on June 8th. I got receipt for my wife, my employer supposed to receive receipt notice, But my employer missing H1B receipt for my case. I just checked my case status today, still it is not approved yet. I have 2 questions, please help me guys.

1. Is there any way we can get Receipt Notice? or Filing proof.
2. Is it possible for me to fine file for I140/I485 papers without my receipt notice?

raji12 said:
Gurus,
I requested the proof of my 7th year extension about 2 weeks ago and it showed the status as "RIR". I under stand that my case is in RIR queue. MY PD is 06/2002 and I see that lot of people in that timeframe already got certified. I guess my question is there harm in asking for the proof for 7th year extension AGAIN?

Hello raji12,

How did requested the proof of 7year extension, can you please let me know, I had problem for filing 140/485, because my employer did not received receipt for 7th year. Can you please share that inforamtion with me.

don't know if it helps or not....my friend filed NIW-140 in TEXAS and didn't receive the receipt either. But he looked at the front/back of the check paid to USCIS has a number listed on it,which finally proved to be his case number. He never got receipt but got final approval in 20 day for his NIW140.

maybe you still can file 140/485 and told them your attoney and employer never received the receipt with case number.
skapa said:
Hello Gurus,
1. Is there any way we can get Receipt Notice? or Filing proof.
2. Is it possible for me to fine file for I140/I485 papers without my receipt notice?

lc4gc said:
don't know if it helps or not....my friend filed NIW-140 in TEXAS and didn't receive the receipt either. But he looked at the front/back of the check paid to USCIS has a number listed on it,which finally proved to be his case number. He never got receipt but got final approval in 20 day for his NIW140.

maybe you still can file 140/485 and told them your attoney and employer never received the receipt with case number.

Hi Ic4Gc,

Thanks for your information, My employer also confirmed that his was en-cashed too. If I see that check electronic copy, we can get our case number that is what you are saying right.

FInally SWA cases start getting 45 days letters

from www.lewslaw.com

First 45-day Letter Received for a California Case (07-19-2005) [Top]

On July 19, 2005, this office received the first 45-day letter for a traditional Labor Certificate Application (non RIR) filed with California State Workforce Agency (Employment Development Department) on July 24, 2001.

hope that soon we get those letters.

Non-rir Case Status

My employer finally agreed to check my case status with DBEC.

Only thing i need to provide him

1- Phone Number to call
2- What kind of information they need for verification.

If anyone can provide me this infomation. I will really appriciate

Thanks

Congrats Workerbee

Workerbee said:
I happened to come across this forum a month or so ago and have been reading it every now and then.
Just wanted to let you'll know that I heard from my lawyer today that my LC is approved. I haven't seen the approval notice, so I don't have more details to share.

Details:
State: TX
PD: Sept 2002
RD: April 2003
45 Day Letter: Jan 2005

Workerbee,

Could you please post you Jbb title and Job requirement (BS+X years..)?

thanks,

214-237-9111

but they will transfer your boss to an automatic voice system... :(

if you are lucky, they will need your case number D-88888-88888,
company name, Priority date, Alien name etc.

ajoo said:
My employer finally agreed to check my case status with DBEC.

Only thing i need to provide him

1- Phone Number to call
2- What kind of information they need for verification.

If anyone can provide me this infomation. I will really appriciate

Thanks

Has anyone sent in a request for Proof of 7th year and recd. an email back in the past week. I sent for mine last Tuesday and haven't heard from them yet. The suckers are still sucking on it.

MDwatch said:
Yeah ??? I don't think so ... Philly seems to be having tons of problems, they barely started sending 45DL to SWA cases and few here in the forum have yet to see an approval from Philly ...

Thinking that Philly will veer catch up is an utopia :( Anyway thanks for the support :D

Your valuable input showing some progress on my case; thanks for your precious time and kind advice.

In response to status query to Philadelphia BEC, I received the screen shot today (sent: 7/19, recvd: 7/21).

Could you please comment on my case situation.

ETA Case Number: P-04322-xxxxx

Case Status: Data Review

Visa Type: L-1 (however, last year I'm transferred to H1-B)

Case Received Date: 11/17/2004

Also, what is the latest RIR approval from Philadelphia BEC?

Thank you.

FerozeGandhi said:
Yeah you are right -- no wonder the arbitrator CLOSED down both your threads after you irresponsibly mocked people and posted foul mouthed language..are you busy taking the GRE or something? no wonder you are busy practising all the words you laid your hands on from the GRE books; and stop admonishing people who have backgrounds of public schools - that IS an assumption,even if it is,it is uncalled for and shows your upbringing

PS please knock your own lawyer's office,but pray,do you have one or did he kick you out?

Can someone advise me what is GRE?

IndiraGandhi said:
Can someone advise me what is GRE?

Its an entrace exam for getting into graduate schoold ( GRE = graduate recoding exam or some shit like that :) ). Ppl who take that study lots of new words to build their vocabulary.

skapa said:
Hi Ic4Gc,

Thanks for your information, My employer also confirmed that his was en-cashed too. If I see that check electronic copy, we can get our case number that is what you are saying right.

Skapa,

Generally they write receipt number on back side of check. So, ask the bank for front and back side of check.

volleyball said:
Its an entrace exam for getting into graduate schoold ( GRE = graduate recoding exam or some shit like that :) ). Ppl who take that study lots of new words to build their vocabulary.

Thank You for your prompt reply. I sure appreciate your thoughts on it. So its basically building up the vocabulary then. BUT what GRE has to do with Immigration here? I think GRE is all off the subject.

dsugandhi said:
Skapa,

Generally they write receipt number on back side of check. So, ask the bank for front and back side of check.

I told this information to my employer, he get back to with the following info.

"I already checked it, there was nothing written on it"

Arkansas

Guys,

I am, like many of us, cannot get anything out of my HR people and Lawyers. Anyway, if you know or find out when I should expect my 45 day letter or if there are any updated news in Dallas BEC, please let me know. I dont even know what my receipt date is. Only thing I know my company applied for LC on 10/12/2002 and that it is in Dallas BEC.

I am ready to hear some good news although I dont think I am going to get it anytime soon.

Thanks for all the info shared on this Forum.

B-

mbturantekin said:
Guys,

I am, like many of us, cannot get anything out of my HR people and Lawyers. Anyway, if you know or find out when I should expect my 45 day letter or if there are any updated news in Dallas BEC, please let me know. I dont even know what my receipt date is. Only thing I know my company applied for LC on 10/12/2002 and that it is in Dallas BEC.

I am ready to hear some good news although I dont think I am going to get it anytime soon.

Thanks for all the info shared on this Forum.

B-

Don't be disappointed if you can't get anything out of your HR or lawyer - there's a VERY HIGH likelihood that they don't know anything either :)