Dallas Backlog Elimination Center Tracking

????

Icarus,

Would it be possible for you provide statistics on month basis, like X # of case certified for the month Y?

So is there any statistics about the case(s) being denied and if yes, do you have any idea about the reason?

thanks in advance.

Last edited by a moderator:
g2p2 said:
someone please help understand this:

is PD for i-140/i-485 same as PD for labor <8/2002>?

thanx...

PD is associated with your labor. This is the date that determines when you can file 485.

g2p2 said:
after labor approval, how much time one gets before filing the next step, i-140? does it have to be within a month? Is it legally ok to wait till october 05 when visa # will be available and it will be possible to do concurrent filing?

thanks...

As of now, there is no time limit. But soon, USCIS wants to change it to 45 max.

It is not a good idea to wait till OCT. In OCT, if you are eligible to file 485, you can file it then even though you applied for I-140 now.

Icarus said:
Any insights into the CO queue ? Can they ignore old cases and move onto new cases ?
1. DOL CO's are working cases in FIFO order as they receive them. If a case needs more work/info, it's sent back to the analyst that recommended approval. That might explain partially cases coming out of order.

2.Any info for May/June02 PD cases will be much appreciated.

Lawyer says an officer has been assigned to my case. What does that mean ?

Icarus thanks for your weekly update and your yomen service to this community which is in a Dark hole

Since we havnt seen any majority approvals for PD Jan to july 2002 and also for approvals posted here we noticed that they have DBEC nos. D-04320-xxx and lesser no. irrespective of PD.

The question is or they processing by DBEC nos. ? If NO

Why havnt heard Good/Bad/Ugly from any of PD Jan-July 2002 cases who have better PD (most of them sent there 45letter back in jan/feb of 2005 and so far no quires were recieved)

Any info on the Jan-july 2002 would be highly appreciated

how much more time ???? :rolleyes:

Gurus,

Here is my situation.

Company A filed for my LCA in Sept 2001 from CA that was remanded to state, thanks to Carlson's memo in July 2003.

Company A got bought over by Company B in Mid 2002 and they filed for my LCA again from CA in Jun 2004, this case did not make it to the SFO DOL and should be in one of the BEC's.

The LCA filed by Company A was not withdrawn (as far as I know) because it was filed by a company other than Company B ( I am currently working for Company B).

Its been 4 years and I am stuck in the first stage itself. If anyone could help in understanding how long it may take for even one of the above cases to get through I would really appreciate it.

Thanks in advance.

g2p2 said:
after labor approval, how much time one gets before filing the next step, i-140? does it have to be within a month? Is it legally ok to wait till october 05 when visa # will be available and it will be possible to do concurrent filing?

thanks...

Yes, As of today there are no rules regarding that BUT DOL/USCIS is proposing a new rule of filing I-140 within 45 days of LC approval soon.

Why do you want to wait ? You can always do semi concurrent filing.. Go ahead & apply for I-140 now

I dont think the ETA# is the order

gp111 said:

My ETA# D-04320-01XXX is before GP111.. My case should have been certified by now if they were processing my ETA#

GP111, did you get my PM?

thanks
ZB

ICARUS pls

ICARUS

for the last 4, 5 months BEC wasn't sending much 45 days letters. all the letters that they already sent r for cases that made it to regional but nothing important for the bulk (which is SWA cases). the proof is the number that u gave yesterday about the cases waiting in queue:18000 RIR +5000 TR+6000 processecced=29000 cases.

this means tHAT ABOUT 30000 TO 40000 CASES have received so far 45 days letters. although the backlog in dallas should be around 150,000 to 170,000 cases.so at most 40000/170000=25% of the cases got 45 days letters. where r the remaining? and what BEC was doing for the last 4, 5 months? it is stupid system really.

when SWA cases will start seeing lot of 45 days letters? what BEC was doing with data entry for the last few months? were they were just entering data in the
1-skeleton form or
2- both skeleton and complete form.
if it the no 2 scenario, why then people for SWA didn't get 45 days letters, if as u said before once the data is entered completely the 45 days letter is generated in 48 hrs?

puhrince said:
gp, just to update you - NSC is improved a lot in this matter too..right now concurrent filing is taking 5-6 months there too..this is good for anyone who was confused between the choice of 485 and CP routes

Based on the info at: https://egov.immigration.gov/cris/jsps/ptimes.jsp
NSC (Nebraska Service Center) shows a date of December 01 2003 for I-140 processing (Skilled worker or professional). However, CSC (California Service Center) shows a date of April 27, 2005 for the same classification.

How is NSC "2-5-5" then?

Thanks.

sleepless_in_IN said:
Looks like no one got a 45 day letter this week! Icarus, will Dallas BEC wait until all SWA cases are entered "COMPLETELY" before sending 45 day letters again? :eek:

Also Icarus why are Regional cases getting 45DLs even if the date of entry of the case is AFTER a SWA case - while SWA case does not? Are they holding 45DL's for SWA cases on purpose?? :eek:

If anyone got a 45 day letter please post 45 day letter recieved date with partial case number (first 5 digits, shown with "X"). D-XXXXX-***** Thanks!

i think there r 2 senarios:

1- either BEC is just entering the cases in the skeleton format and they will finish that in sep 2005. therefore no 45 days meanwhile.after sep, they will start entering the complete data, so 45 days letters will be seen sometimes in 2006, which sucks

2- they r entering the cases completely but they will send them altogether by sep 2005.which is not that bad compared to scenario 1.

i don't c any other cause for no 45 days letters lately unless all BEC employees are takin vacation or being paid without working.

Last edited by a moderator:
What is your PD?

qwerty1111 said:
Have all cases upto 12/2002 RIR been determined (approved, denied NOF etc etc) ? Any insights into the CO queue ? Can they ignore old cases and move onto new cases ?

Any info for May/June02 PD cases will be much appreciated.

Lawyer says an officer has been assigned to my case. What does that mean ?

What is your PD/RD/CASE# (First few digits)

thanks
ZB

Icarus - CO's order is by FIFO, not PD ?

Ahh , so CO's order is FIFO ( in the order the analysts put them in the queue - and not by PD) ?

Icarus said:
Originally Posted by qwerty1111
Have all cases upto 12/2002 RIR been determined (approved, denied NOF etc etc) ? No, the queue date only reflects the progress made on cases coming from 45-day letter confirmation status. It doesn't include later stages of processing. Any insights into the CO queue ? Can they ignore old cases and move onto new cases ? DOL CO's are working cases in FIFO order as they receive them. If a case needs more work/info, it's sent back to the analyst that recommended approval. That might explain partially cases coming out of order.

Any info for May/June02 PD cases will be much appreciated.

Lawyer says an officer has been assigned to my case. What does that mean ?case assignment means that an RIR analyst has pulled the case from the RIR queue, and is reviewing it for certifiability.

I think you mean..

qwerty1111 said:
PD (jun 02) /RD(jun02 ) . dont know case # (company policy).

RD Jun 03 right?

Also,
Analysis for RIR cases takes a few hours. Can you ask your attorney to find out if your case has moved on from analysis as yet?

Thanks
ZB

Zany_Brainy said:
My ETA# D-04320-01XXX is before GP111.. My case should have been certified by now if they were processing my ETA#

GP111, did you get my PM?

thanks
ZB

I wish because of your ETA# D-04320 You must be seeing results in few weeks (Currently most of posted approvals are around these entered dates)

sorry. yes jun03.

Lawyer wont call anymore. Blanket ban issued from DBEC on all enquiries till end of Sept.

but if CO queue is FIFO based (not PD based), then I dont see any hope before 6-7 months [all cases from 2000 - Nov/Dec 02 that have been pushed in the CO queue by now]

Zany_Brainy said:
RD Jun 03 right?

Also,
Analysis for RIR cases takes a few hours. Can you ask your attorney to find out if your case has moved on from analysis as yet?

Thanks
ZB

Icarus - is this order right ?

ETA#s are assigned when complete cases are entered (random order - state shipped them haphazardly + whenever DBEC staff makes double pass from T# to D# - old cases can be passed over )

45 day letters are sent when complete cases are entered

CRNLs get responded (random order - old cases can be passed over)

analysts process by PDs (this is ok )

COs process by FIFO

COs send back to analyst

Analysts process by PDs again (?) - sends it back to CO

CO processes by FIFO (so a lot of older cases may be passed over)

Do you see how many places/loop holes there are where older cases can be passed over ?

Also I remember that the shipping schedule for CA DOL cases to DBEC ensured that may/june'02 cases were shipped later than much older cases. So perhaps the older cases are getting certified simply because they were put in the pipe first. On top of that add the process where older cases can be passed over anytime.

Any statisticians among us to model these various queues ? What is the expectation function wrt PD ?

God, if there is any, has simply forgotten us.

mnhrdc said:
I wish because of your ETA# D-04320 You must be seeing results in few weeks (Currently most of posted approvals are around these entered dates)

Do you think DBEC is going to meet Sept 30 date?

I certainly hope so.. i haven't been in the LC queue for as long as a lot of you have, but it took us 3 years and 3 major rounds of layoffs b4 my company applied for my LC in RIR. So though I haven't been in the LC queue as long, its been a long and tough journey for me and I certainly hope to see some miracles from the DBEC. Not that it will help much later on for 485 since I am in the EB3 category!!!! But one can always hope for miracles!

qwerty1111 said:
ETA#s are assigned when complete cases are entered (random order - state shipped them haphazardly + whenever DBEC staff makes double pass from T# to D# - old cases can be passed over )

45 day letters are sent when complete cases are entered

CRNLs get responded (random order - old cases can be passed over)

analysts process by PDs (this is ok )

COs process by FIFO

COs send back to analyst

Analysts process by PDs again (?) - sends it back to CO

CO processes by FIFO (so a lot of older cases may be passed over)

Do you see how many places/loop holes there are where older cases can be passed over ?

Also I remember that the shipping schedule for CA DOL cases to DBEC ensured that may/june'02 cases were shipped later than much newer cases. So perhaps the newer cases are getting certified simply because they were put in the pipe first. On top of that add the process where older cases can be passed over anytime.

Any statisticians among us to model these various queues ? What is the expectation function wrt PD ?

God, if there is any, has simply forgotten us.