Dallas Backlog Elimination Center Tracking

does anyone think I am close ?

EB2/RIR/TX

RD- Nov'2
PD- June'03
45 Day letter - Feb'05
Approval- very soon yea!!! :rolleyes:

Well this is not true -- I know 2 cases (including mine) that have a PD of July 2002 with RD's of June and July 2003. 45 day letter replies were sent to DBEC in March 1st week and still waiting....

There wud be many ppl in this forum with PD's later than Jun 02 but before Oct 02 who have not recd any approval.

My guess is that thgings are definitely moving but the order is unknown to all of us (everybody is trying to find a pattern/order in the approvals - no luck so far)

vj4gc said:
Not just May/June 2002 cases, many cases prior to that are in the air..As Icarus mentioned, may be some are under re-analysis but we do not see any approvals for many with PDs Jan'02 to June' 02 whereas later cases are getting approved. No reasoning here and the status os those earlier cases is not clear..
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
PD - 01/08/02(RIR-EB2)
RD -CA -08/03
45 day NCRL - 1st week of Feb'05.

java2king said:
EB2/RIR/TX

RD- Nov'2
PD- June'03
45 Day letter - Feb'05
Approval- very soon yea!!! :rolleyes:

just pray that you would not be skipped (jumped over) as ZB and many others...

LC Status

OHIO - RIR case

# D0501xxxxxx
PD - May 20' 2004
RD - Sept' 30 2004
45 day Letter - Received 30th March 2005, Replied 5th April 2005

Waiting on Approval

45 days letters for SWA cases

antonioa77 said:
ICARUS

for the last 4, 5 months BEC wasn't sending much 45 days letters. all the letters that they already sent r for cases that made it to regional but nothing important for the bulk (which is SWA cases). the proof is the number that u gave yesterday about the cases waiting in queue:18000 RIR +5000 TR+6000 processecced=29000 cases.

this means tHAT ABOUT 30000 TO 40000 CASES have received so far 45 days letters. although the backlog in dallas should be around 150,000 to 170,000 cases.so at most 40000/170000=25% of the cases got 45 days letters. where r the remaining? and what BEC was doing for the last 4, 5 months? it is stupid system really.

when SWA cases will start seeing lot of 45 days letters? what BEC was doing with data entry for the last few months? were they were just entering data in the
1-skeleton form or
2- both skeleton and complete form.
if it the no 2 scenario, why then people for SWA didn't get 45 days letters, if as u said before once the data is entered completely the 45 days letter is generated in 48 hrs?

Icarus,

Could you tell us about BEC strategy regarding SWA cases ?

When SWA people will start receive their 45 days letters (if it happens this year or sometime next year) ?

It looks like BEC stopped to issue letters .

Frustrated case with PD 11/2001, RIR, Oklahoma

It's been more than three and half years. My LC application is still hanging there without any result. I called BEC and was told to let my attorney or employer call them. My attorney called them and she did not get any info either. I just asked my employer to call them, but it was too late today because the BEC was closed at 4:30pm.

My case info:
PD 11/2001, RIR, Oklahoma
RD 06/2003
45-day letter 01/2005
Status ?

ICarus, could you please give me some advice about what we can do about this case? My attorney and employer would do anything to get my application approved. I appreciate it very much.

waitingInHope said:
Well this is not true -- I know 2 cases (including mine) that have a PD of July 2002 with RD's of June and July 2003. 45 day letter replies were sent to DBEC in March 1st week and still waiting....

There wud be many ppl in this forum with PD's later than Jun 02 but before Oct 02 who have not recd any approval.

My guess is that thgings are definitely moving but the order is unknown to all of us (everybody is trying to find a pattern/order in the approvals - no luck so far)
------------------------------------

So looks like most of the people with RD May03-June03 (with PDs from Jan02- Jul 02) are still waiting... God knows how long we have to wait ???

ICARUS,kindly let us know if you can regarding skipped cases(Jan,2002 to July,2002)

ICARUS,

Thank you for your great help to this forum and it is very appreciated and every post of your's is very valuable to us and useful to lot of people in this forum who are in different situations.

As you might have noticed already lot of posts in this forum these days talks about the old priority dates being skipped(Jan 2002 to July,2002).I do not know whether you know the answer to that or not,but my humble request on behalf of all the forum members who are suffering from this situation is that if you could find if possible, any insight from your resources what could be the cause for this, we will be very thankful to you.Many people eagerly waiting for some direction on these skipped cases.

Thank you in advance and we will wait for your reply until you have some thing for us on this issue.

Last edited by a moderator:
as i said before..there are some worst case scenarios - a lot of old cases lying there..CSC must have cleared them by now..and as i also said,go to the NSC forums and see for yourself.

e4c5 said:
Based on the info at: https://egov.immigration.gov/cris/jsps/ptimes.jsp
NSC (Nebraska Service Center) shows a date of December 01 2003 for I-140 processing (Skilled worker or professional). However, CSC (California Service Center) shows a date of April 27, 2005 for the same classification.

How is NSC "2-5-5" then?

Thanks.

There cannot be any pattern. Way too many random perturbations in the process chain.

waitingInHope said:

my lawyer says 6-9 months

patience13 said:
------------------------------------

So looks like most of the people with RD May03-June03 (with PDs from Jan02- Jul 02) are still waiting... God knows how long we have to wait ???

If that is true..

qwerty1111 said:
my lawyer says 6-9 months

Then you might as well give up your GC dream as by then the EB2 numbers will also be very heavily retrogressed or unavailable..because by then people from most of 2003 and 2004 would also have got their approvals an filed for GC..

:( :( :(

Yes. Looks like that is surely going to happen. Whatcha gonna do ?

Zany_Brainy said:
Then you might as well give up your GC dream as by then the EB2 numbers will also be very heavily retrogressed or unavailable..because by then people from most of 2003 and 2004 would also have got their approvals an filed for GC..

Zany_Brainy said:

u expect retrogression for Eb-2 for just india,china or worldwide too? i doubt that worldwide will retrogress for Eb-2.

ICarus

Hi ICarus,

My PD is 07/2002 (RIR, SFO CA). i contacted my attorney today, she told me that:
"In response to our recent inquiry to the Dallas BEC regarding your case, Dallas BEC responded by saying that RIR analysts are working on the case"

Does this mean, the RIR Analysts still working on 06/2002 RIR cases. I remember you were saying RIR queue reached 12/2002.

I really appreciate if you could comment on this.

Thanks

ok so I'm not the only one

cipher8000 said:
Hi ICarus,

My PD is 07/2002 (RIR, SFO CA). i contacted my attorney today, she told me that:
"In response to our recent inquiry to the Dallas BEC regarding your case, Dallas BEC responded by saying that RIR analysts are working on the case"

Does this mean, the RIR Analysts still working on 06/2002 RIR cases. I remember you were saying RIR queue reached 12/2002.

I really appreciate if you could comment on this.

Thanks

Icarus Pls

ICARUS

for the last 4, 5 months BEC wasn't sending much 45 days letters. all the letters that they already sent r for cases that made it to regional but nothing important for the bulk (which is SWA cases). the proof is the number that u gave yesterday about the cases waiting in queue:18000 RIR +5000 TR+6000 processecced=29000 cases.

this means tHAT ABOUT 30000 TO 40000 CASES have received so far 45 days letters. although the backlog in dallas should be around 150,000 to 170,000 cases.so at most 40000/170000=25% of the cases got 45 days letters. where r the remaining? and what BEC was doing for the last 4, 5 months? it is stupid system really.

when SWA cases will start seeing lot of 45 days letters? what BEC was doing with data entry for the last few months? were they were just entering data in the
1-skeleton form or
2- both skeleton and complete form.
if it the no 2 scenario, why then people for SWA didn't get 45 days letters, if as u said before once the data is entered completely the 45 days letter is generated in 48 hrs?

Gurus - Please advise/ give your opinion

My boss is thinking of letting me file another labor application in EB2 category while "also" continuing with my old labor application file in April 2003 (SWA - never made to regional, no 45 day letter). Following are my concerns with the new application:
1) Can EB2 be denied in I140 stage? I got employed with my current employer (about 4 years ago) 2 weeks before technically get my Masters degree. But since then I've changed titles, beem promoed, but the job description is more/less the same (although I know lawyers can put twist to it to show it is "substantially different").
2) EB2 backlog - I'm not sure when/how much will it happen. I'm just hoping to file the EB2 labor in a month and beat the EB2 backlog occurance date.

I'm especially concerned about the EB2 I140 being denied because I did not complete Masters before joining the co. My employer is one of the biggest s/w companies with no history of layoffs etc. The lawyers here can show advertisements for Masters degree candidate etc. But still I'm concerned, because once the EB2 approval comes, my old RIR application will be used for someone else at my company. So in case my application gets rejected at I-140 stage - I'll have nothing to fall back on.

I need the EAD badly for my wife, because of which I'm thinking of moving to EB2 via PERM.

Gurus please comment.

Also please let me know if there is another forum which is more appropriate for this kind of question.

Thanks a lot.

WhyThisDelay said:
My boss is thinking of letting me file another labor application in EB2 category while "also" continuing with my old labor application file in April 2003 (SWA - never made to regional, no 45 day letter). Following are my concerns with the new application:
1) Can EB2 be denied in I140 stage? I got employed with my current employer (about 4 years ago) 2 weeks before technically get my Masters degree. But since then I've changed titles, beem promoed, but the job description is more/less the same (although I know lawyers can put twist to it to show it is "substantially different").
2) EB2 backlog - I'm not sure when/how much will it happen. I'm just hoping to file the EB2 labor in a month and beat the EB2 backlog occurance date.

I'm especially concerned about the EB2 I140 being denied because I did not complete Masters before joining the co. My employer is one of the biggest s/w companies with no history of layoffs etc. The lawyers here can show advertisements for Masters degree candidate etc. But still I'm concerned, because once the EB2 approval comes, my old RIR application will be used for someone else at my company. So in case my application gets rejected at I-140 stage - I'll have nothing to fall back on.

I need the EAD badly for my wife, because of which I'm thinking of moving to EB2 via PERM.

Gurus please comment.

Also please let me know if there is another forum which is more appropriate for this kind of question.

Thanks a lot.

Option 1:
Apply PERM via EB2 for a position that is at least 50% different from the position you worked in the last 4 years with this company. Employer / Lawyer will need to document the various percentages of time spent on each duty listed under the job description in tabular format or some other format. this documentation will be helpful in case there is an audit.

Example:
Old position could be...
Computer Programmer:
Supervise junior programmer's ----------------> 20% of the time.
Coding in Java, C++ -----------------> 50% of the time
Documentation of code -----------------> 15% of the time
Q/A -----------------> 15%
and so on....

New position could be...
Systems Analyst:
User Requirements Analysis: ----------------> 20%
Coordination with Programmers ----------------> 20%
Database Analysis / Queries ----------------> 20%
Documentation of busines sprocess mapping--------------> 15%
Q/A ----------------> 15%

If you compare old position versus new one, you will see that job duties are different at least 50% of the time.

Option 2:
Request your company to prove that you were on internship before you got the Master's degree. Make the actual start date of the job after you got Master's degree. The dates of employment have to be carefully crafted and documented to support any argument that we may want to make when there is an audit.

Disclaimer: This is not legal advice. I am not a lawyer. Use the above info at your own risk. Consult a qualified immigration attorney before you take any final decision.

Last edited by a moderator:
WhyThisDelay said:

Gurus please comment.

Thanks a lot.

As long as you got your Masters before your PD you are fine