Dallas Backlog Elimination Center Tracking

Can someone make a guess on by how much will the EB2 dates retrogress? I read somewhere that they may retrogress as early as this August 1st.

Q should be at mid-dec 2002

Seeing the trends , anaylsis Q should be somewhere in mid-december 2002. ICARUS will confirm it morrow most likely.

Congrats GP111 on getting LC. I wish you all the best in your future GC processing.

inque said:
Has the Dallas Que Moved to Dec, 2002 ?

EB2 retrogression...

August bulletin coming out in mid-july will tell you all about retrogression of EB2. But I dont think, EB2 retrogression will happen so soon. Although most of websites are talking about it.

October onwards, fresh numbers will be available. So I think if your PD is 2002/2003, I am 90% sure you need not worry.

Bunty2772 said:
Can someone make a guess on by how much will the EB2 dates retrogress? I read somewhere that they may retrogress as early as this August 1st.

Bunty2772 said:
Hello gp111. My case is exactly like the one you are replying to here. So, does this mean that it is allright to apply for both EB2 and EB3 at the same time? What happens if the EB2 gets cancelled? Will it cause a problem for the EB3 case?

The State Department has predicted that EB-2 number may also retrogress probably within this calendar year for Chinese and Indians. Depending on the volume of EB-2 filings, the retrogression of EB-2 visa numbers can be very steep. In the early days, there was one time visa number retrogression for Chinese which showed unusual phenomenon: EB-2 number retrogression was much worse than EB-3. As more and more people go for EB-2 now to deal with the current EB-3 situation, we cannot brush aside some possibility of such unusual pattern of change in visa number retrogression or progression between EB-2 and EB-3 for Chinese and Indian in the future.

People should learn from the past experience in the immigration history and practice. Under the immigration rule, one can file EB-2 I-140 petition and EB-3 I-140 petition either simulataneously and separately using the same certified EB-2 labor certification application. Since the EB-3 petition threshold requirement is minimum of a bachelor's degree, the holder of an advanced degree is automatically qualified for EB-3 I-140 petition once the EB-2 labor certification has been certified by the DOL. Accordingly, when the visa number retrogressed steep with unpredictability of the patterns of each category of employment-based immigrant petitions, it was almost a standard practice that the employers filed both EB-2 and EB-3 petitions using one certified EB-2 labor certification application, and depending on the specific progression for EB-2 or EB-3 numbers, the employers requested the legacy INS to switch around the underlying I-140 petition for the EB-485 either from EB-2 I-140 petition to EB-3 I-140 petition or vice versa. Filing two petitions will cost only $190 extra filing fee. (Thanks to www.immigration-law.com)

Denial of one I-140 has no effect on the other BUT if you are sure that It will get rejected ( say you have LC with requirement less then BS+5 or Masters & you file in EB-2 It will get rejected) then no point of filing two LCs

I guess that DOL has lost my case or I have to sue them for stateship discrimination (Poor and small Oklahoma). Is this possible?

PD: 11/2001
RD: 06/2003
45: 01/2005

IAmInOklahoma said:
I guess that DOL has lost my case or I have to sue them for stateship discrimination (Poor and small Oklahoma). Is this possible?

Is your case RIR or TR ?

Kanjoos said:
August bulletin coming out in mid-july will tell you all about retrogression of EB2. But I dont think, EB2 retrogression will happen so soon. Although most of websites are talking about it.

October onwards, fresh numbers will be available. So I think if your PD is 2002/2003, I am 90% sure you need not worry.

Actually, my case falls under EB3. But I have an offer from another company that is willing to apply under EB2 PERM. I have apprx. 2 more years on my H1B and was trying to make up my mind on what to do. Also, my lawyer got a call from the BEC regarding a query on recruitment efforts. The lawyer spoke to the officer at BEC about my case giving him details on the efforts and also faxed them the info. My lawyer thinks that the BEC officer told him that this was enough to get my labor approved. Since my labor is going to be approved any time now, I am not sure if I stick it out with the same company and pray that there are enough EB3 numbers for my case come October 05.

Please tell when my Labor gets approved?

Hi All,
Thank you very much for your Info. Here is my case detail
Priority Date : Sept. 26th 2002
Federal Labor : Aug.13th 2003
Backlog Centre 45 day letter : March5h 2005
Employer sent to Backlog : March 6th 2005

Any info. on this case is really helpful, As it is almost 3years in Labor for me and still the case is not yet approved.

Employer confirmed that its gone to Dallas Backlog centre only. I am in California and mine was filed in California.

gcfever123 said:
Hi All,
Thank you very much for your Info. Here is my case detail
Priority Date : Sept. 26th 2002
Federal Labor : Aug.13th 2003
Backlog Centre 45 day letter : March5h 2005
Employer sent to Backlog : March 6th 2005

Employer confirmed that its gone to Dallas Backlog centre only. I am in California and mine was filed in California.

May be very soon.
Mine is almost similar as yours & got approved last week.

IAmInOklahoma said:

"IamInOklahoma" too........
I had a similar opinion (that OK was being sidelined) until a few days ago when I saw some approvals for OK cases. If your case is RIR it may have been already processed by now. You may get your approval soon.

If only the "mighty" Icarus can crack the code for the random mailing of the approval letters we can make some sense out of this phenomenon.

Fellow Okie,
Raydhan

Random Approvals

Just spoke with My Attorney.
He got couple of approvals from BEC for PD 2001, 2002 and 2003 also.
(2003 might be special handling)
He cannot predict either it's by PD or BEC FIFO or 45 days letter or ??
He is getting approvals for most of RIR cases.

Let's see what's going to happen in next couple of months.

-SR
TX/RIR/EB2
PD - 11/02
45 days letter - 12/04
D-04287-11XXX

My Data is confusing in the excel sheep on Yahoo Groups.

GP111, Hi
I just visited Dallas BEC YahooGroups and looked at the excel sheet uploaded there. In the excel sheet, I can see the values CA for the column BEC and Dallas for the column BEC-1. What does this mean. Actually my case is transferred to Philly BEC. My lawyer has received the 45 days letter and replied Mar-15, 2005.

PD: Mar 18, 2002 CA
RD: May-01-2003 CA
Went to Philly BEC
45 letter replied on Mar-15, 2005

gp111 said:
May be very soon.
Mine is almost similar as yours & got approved last week.

Existance Check Failed

HumHongeKamiyab, sr2610 and AMKumar,

Like you guys, I requested the proof to file 7th year extension to DBPC. DBPC replied with following things:

Date Submitted : 01/31/2005
Existance Check : Failed
Correction Letter Generated: 03/03/2005
Correction Letter Printed : 03/03/2005
Correction Options Returned: 01/18/2005
Date Signed: 11/04/2003

As per ICARUS, When Existance Check shows Failed, Employer must submit the copy of the employer's articles of incorporation,business license,state registration or other official documents that establish the employer as a bona fide business entity at a specific address to the appropriate backlog center.

1. Did any one get other then existance check Failed in response to 7th year proof?
2. Have you guys talked with your attorny/employer about it?
3. Have you guys sent anything to BPC?
4. What steps are you guys taking or thinking to take?

Thanks,

Last edited by a moderator:
LC Approval

I've been a silent watcher for the past 2.5 years. I received my copy of the approval notice from dallas last night.

PD 9/2002
California RIR.

I don't have the case number here with me but I'll update with it once I get home.

Thanks,

Cameron.

Yes, my case is RIR (EB3). I have talked with my lawyer several times and been told that their office has received some approvals. They even summarized that BEC mails the letters once or twice in a month. I'm not sure this is real or the lawyer's excuse because they always find excuses to make you believe that your application will be approved tomorrow.

I appreciate it if someone could have reasonable guestimation about my application and similar cases.

sfmars said:
Is your case RIR or TR ?

so I am one year behind technically?

greetings,

I've enjoyed this site very much! Good stuff!! . My case is EB-2, RIR, CA
PD: 10/09/03
RD: 09/28/04
45 day letter from Dallas BEC: received in Dec. 04, responded in Janaury 05
D-04321-04xxx.

I guess that I am about one year behind gp111. Any chance of expedited process :confused:

DocPC said:
greetings,

I've enjoyed this site very much! Good stuff!! . My case is EB-2, RIR, CA
PD: 10/09/03
RD: 09/28/04
45 day letter from Dallas BEC: received in Dec. 04, responded in Janaury 05
D-04321-04xxx.

I guess that I am about one year behind gp111. Any chance of expedited process :confused:

no not really, dallas BEC is advancing 2 to 3 months in every month. now they r processing late 11/02 if not 12/02 cases, therefore at this pace, ur case will be processsed in 3 -4 months.