Dallas Backlog Elimination Center Tracking

goshik said:
Please post your case information. PD/RD, State, EB?, 45-day let.,
Thanks

Here you go:

date of acceptance for processing: sep 16,2002
and was in Dallas backlog processing center.

I am not aware of the rest of the information about EB2/EB3 and when I received 45 days letter. I have already mailed that to my HR , I will update you if I get a reply from her.

arbit007 said:
hhe is back from seatlle with Mr.carlson address to alia
2.Attorneys are requrested not to send or contact regarding cases at BEC centre (So he does not want contact Bec. does not want to make them mad )
3.If you contact by email you get teh blah,blah,automated reply
4.Currently data entry is going on and by Sept 2005 they expect to complete
5.Approvals which are comming cannt be predicted based on PD
6.Cases are being worked based on boxes which have been opened.
7.Expected retrogression for EB2 cases
8.BY october retrogrssion for EB2 may pass june 2002 (his guess because my pd also is of same date )
9.Asked to wait for couple of months before we call him back
10. I am waiting at the Mail box (Can somebody approvers who recieved can tell us what kind of colour of envelope they use)

My question is as follows , there are some people who have earlier PD's and still not received approvals.
Everybody is asking same questions who have earlier PD's but not received
section 6) above should apply only for receiving 45 days letter not for approvals
YES, once the case is data entered and when No. is Dxxx the case is entereed into computer system and 45 day letter is gnereated
Its my understanding that this data is available in electronic format once 45 day letter is received, and this queue is sorted on PD's, so the question of opening boxes doesnt come into play there
What the atttorney means data entry is happening not exactly by PD sorted basis
almost everyone with earlier PD's has received 45 day letters (those who made it to regional) yet no approvals.
any explanations ? NO thas we are trying to find out :)[/QUOTE]

lil_polly2002 said:
Hi,

This weekend i received a mail from DOL ( from backlog center) that they have made a final determination and ETA-750 is certified and both ETA 750 part a and part b forms are enclosed.
My question here is ---it doesn't say that my case was filed under EB2 or EB3 and that 45 days letter was received just like the message posted by one of our friends and also the forms are not enclosed with the mail.
Unfortunately, my company's head office is located remotely and they are not very efficient in answering back our replies on time.
can someone please help me in this. Does this mean that my LCA is approved and also what should I do about the missing 750b and a forms.

Please advice.
polly

Congrtulations

can u post your ETA NO. ie D04xxx (first 5 digits) and your PD date

mnhrdc said:
I am just off the hook with my Attorney (well known firm)

1.he is back from seatlle with Mr.carlson address to alia
2.Attorneys are requrested not to send or contact regarding cases at BEC centre (So he does not want contact Bec. does not want to make them mad )
8.BY october retrogrssion for EB2 may pass june 2002 (his guess because my pd also is of same date :))
9.Asked to wait for couple of months :( :( before we call him back
10. I am waiting at the Mail box (Can somebody approvers who recieved can tell us what kind of colour of envelope they use) :p

concerning point 4 above about data entry: i doubt this is right simply because sep 2005 is in 3 months from now. there r like 250000 cases at SWA levels . most SWA cases didn't get 45 days letters as yet. therefore i doubt that in 3 months eveybody will get the letters. i think the correct thing will be by sep 2005, all cases will be entered in the abreviated way but not the complete one. and after sep the cases will start to be entered totaly before sending the 45 days letters.

in summary, i think the data entry will finish way after sep 2005, probably in march 2006 as ICARUS said before, so SWA cases will start seeing 45 days letters between october 2005 till march 2006.. we should be clear about that. DOL is playing with words as usual.

antonioa77 said:
concerning point 4 above about data entry: i doubt this is right simply because sep 2005 is in 3 months from now. there r like 250000 cases at SWA levels . most SWA cases didn't get 45 days letters as yet. therefore i doubt that in 3 months eveybody will get the letters. i think the correct thing will be by sep 2005, all cases will be entered in the abreviated way but not the complete one. and after sep the cases will start to be entered totaly before sending the 45 days letters.

in summary, i think the data entry will finish way after sep 2005, probably in march 2006 as ICARUS said before, so SWA cases will start seeing 45 days letters between october 2005 till march 2006.. we should be clear about that. DOL is playing with words as usual.

???

340 000 total cases in bth BEC. Half of them in the computer as of May 2005. Sept 2005 is a credible date. I am a SWA and got my letter 2 months ago

Last edited by a moderator:
juntha said:
???

340 000 total cases in bth BEC. Half of them in the computer as of May 2005. Sept 2005 is a credible date. I am a SWA and got my letter 2 months ago

dallas BEC up till now didn't send any 45 days letters for SWA cases.

half of the case r now in the system: right. but nobody said that they r entered in full . if they were entered in full the 45 days letters would have been sent already. the half that u r talking about is a mix of full entered cases and abbreviated cases. there is a difference.so 3 months is not enough,simple.

antonioa77 said:

half of the case r now in the system: right. but nobody said that they r entered in full . if they were entered in full the 45 days letters would have been sent already. the half that u r talking about is a mix of full entered cases and abbreviated cases. there is a difference.so 3 months is not enough,simple.

Can you send me the link to the first time people in this forum started to talk about those abbreviated entries ? I havent seen so far any DOL official update about them but i am sure i missed the one talking about them. ANyhow, in January 2005, 25 000 45 days letters were sent... let see where this goes.

juntha said:
???

Because your case is in Philly, and they concentrated on entering data in the system and sending 45 days letters only. That is more right and fair because you can presume that they will work based on on PD when this process is completed.

As for Dallas nobody from SWA people got 45 days letters.
I think they did not touch SWA cases at all. They keep saying that they are in process of entering data. But we can believe in it only when we see that SWA people started to get their Dallas's BEC numbers and 45 days letters.

Dallas reviews Regional RIR cases only which actually mislead Philly's community.

mnhrdc said:
arbit007 said:
hhe is back from seatlle with Mr.carlson address to alia
8.BY october retrogrssion for EB2 may pass june 2002 (his guess because my pd also is of same date )
9.Asked to wait for couple of months before we call him back
10. I am waiting at the Mail box (Can somebody approvers who recieved can tell us what kind of colour of envelope they use)

-----------------------

----------------------------------------------------

Congrats to all who got their ETA approved. A closer look at the approval list tells us that most of cases with PD from Jan 02 till Jun3 02 are not approved. I think for some reason they are holding it. Don't know what's that. Probaby Icarus or some other gurus can throw some light on it !!

3 months...

We waited for so long. Now the system starts working - people are getting approvals. It might not be perfect - but its a start. Much better than 6 months ago when everyone was stuck.

I am sure they will come around to everyone - we can wait another 3 months after all this time... its rather encouraging to see stuff moving.

I have an update to report, one of the people I know got an approval for a August 2002 CA RIR/EB3. Dallas 45 day letter was received in March. I don't have any other details...

antonioa77 said:

lil_polly2002 said:
Hi,

This weekend i received a mail from DOL ( from backlog center) that they have made a final determination and ETA-750 is certified and both ETA 750 part a and part b forms are enclosed.
My question here is ---it doesn't say that my case was filed under EB2 or EB3 and that 45 days letter was received just like the message posted by one of our friends and also the forms are not enclosed with the mail.
Unfortunately, my company's head office is located remotely and they are not very efficient in answering back our replies on time.
can someone please help me in this. Does this mean that my LCA is approved and also what should I do about the missing 750b and a forms.

Please advice.
polly

Congratulations and good luck with next stages....

Disaster Hits the EB-3 Category; Could EB-2 Be Next?

Absent Congressional action, employment-based (EB) immigration to the
U.S.is flirting with disaster.Almost 30 years ago, when I became an immigration attorney, there were only two EB categories, the 3rd (professional) and the 6th (nonprofessional) preference categories. For some countries, the 3rd preference category was backlogged over a dozen years. The trick then was to switch professionals from the 3rd category into the less-backlogged 6th category. This enabled hundreds of our clients to obtain green cards in 90 days or less.The big change came with the passage of the Immigration Act of 1990. The number of EB categories expanded from two to five (EB-1 Priority Workers, EB-2 Advanced Degreed Professionals, EB-3 Professionals and Other Workers,EB-4 Special Immigrants and EB-5 Investors). The number of persons who Could immigrate under the EB categories more than doubled from 54,000 to 140,000 annually.The new system contained one major flaw. If less than 140,000 EB workers and their spouses and children obtained permanent residence in a fiscal year (October 1 - September 30), the numbers were lost forever, and backlogs developed in future years.This was not a problem in the early 1990s as the INS processed most applications for adjustment of status in 90 days or less. Since most
EB applicants are already working in the U.S. in temporary working status, most of the processing is done stateside by the INS.
However, with the passage of section 245(i) in 1994, the birth of the
World Wide Web in 1995 and the subsequent dotcom explosion, the H-1B cap was raised from 65,000 to 115,000 and again to 195,000. Hundreds of thousands of computer professionals as well as business professionals, healthcare professionals, teachers, scientists, engineers and accountants all applied for permanent residence.
INS could not keep up with the ever-increasing demand for green cards,
And multi-year backlogs developed in the EB-3, EB-2 and even the EB-1
category.In 2000, former President Clinton signed the American Competitiveness in the 21st Century Act (AC-21) which, among other things, allowed over a quarter of a million “lost” EB adjustment applications to be “recaptured”. AC-21 saved EB immigration, especially after September 11, 2001 when INS processing of EB adjustment applications ground to a virtual halt. The combination of AC-21 and the INS slowdown in application processing had a strange, but predictable, effect on the State Department’s monthly VisaBulletin. Since so few EB green cards were issued by the INS in 2001-2003 despite hundreds of thousands of additional numbers provided by AC-21, all of the EB categories became “current”. As more and more labor
certifications and I-140 visa petitions were approved, INS was deluged with hundreds of thousands of EB adjustment applications, most of which remained unadjudicated at Service Centers.In 2004, the number of approvals increased dramatically. This resulted in a three-year “retrogression” in the EB-3 category for persons born in India,China and the Philippines on January 1, 2005.In early 2005, the CIS approved over 20,000 EB adjustments monthly.This number increased to 30,000 per month in the spring. As a result the EB-3 category ran out of numbers and became “unavailable” starting on July 1, 2005,not just for some persons, but for everyone. This means that if you are in the EB-3 category, you can not apply for permanent residence until October 1st at the earliest. If your EB-3 adjustment application is currently pending,you will not be receiving your green card this summer.
What happens to the EB-3 category on October 1st, the beginning of the
New fiscal year? This is anybody’s guess, but we do know that all of the green cards “recaptured” by AC-21 have already been used up. Just as the H-1B cap fell from 195,000 to 65,000 last October, the total number of EB green cards will fall from 249,000 this fiscal year to 140,000 in the coming fiscal year.
And just like the 20,000 extra H-1B visas which were added by Congress
This year (which are only available to persons with advanced degrees from U.S.universities), Congress added 50,000 extra green cards (which are only available to persons in the Schedule A category - registered nurses,physical therapists and persons of exceptional ability). We believe that these extra visas will be used over a period of three years. In all probability,persons in the EB-3 category will face multi-year retrogressions. This means that only people with extremely old EB-3 priority dates will be able to adjust their status.
Since the CIS can no longer approve EB-3 adjustment applications, Service Centers have turned their attention to processing adjustment applications in the EB-2 category (persons of exceptional ability or those whose jobs require advanced degrees). The predictable result will be that the EB-2 category, at least for persons born in India and China, will soon retrogress,possibly as early as August 1st. We will know for sure when the August Visa Bulletin is released in mid-July.
If you are in the EB-2 category, what is the best strategy for you to pursue? If your labor certification or PERM application has been approved, be sure to submit your I-140/I-485 before August 1st. Of course, only a few PERM applications have been approved. And chances are that your labor certification (“LC”) is one of the hundreds of thousands pending in one of the DOL Backlog Reduction Centers. However, what seems like a curse may turn out to be a blessing.
If your LC has been pending for over one year, and you are in H-1B
status, you are eligible to obtain H-1B extensions even after your 6th year. If you are a professional in a nonimmigrant status for which there is a maximum duration,consider changing your status to H-1B while there are still H-1B numbers available. If you are a physician, you have may have another alternative.If you are a primary care physician who is employed in a medically-underserved area, you may choose to submit a National Interest Waiver and an I-485 simultaneously.

Also, if you are a person of extraordinary ability, are an outstanding
professor or researcher or are a multinational executive or manager,
submit your I-140/I-485 under EB-1. We don’t expect the EB-1 category to retrogress any time soon.Other alternatives include the visa lottery, the investor and religious worker categories and, of course, family-based immigration, particularly if your relative is a spouse who is a citizen of the United States.

(Thanks to shusterman.com )

Texas Cases

indio0617 said:
ZB my friend:

I can understand your plight. I suggest you take some drastic steps to find out what has happened to your case. It is very strange that your case has still not received the approval. You should pressure your attorney to call / visit DOL and find out the specifics.

For instance only on Friday I found out after pressuring my attorney the shocking news that all cases filed with Texas state are still lying with TWC as they are engaged in an ongoing legal dispute with Enterject (the private company they outsourced the LCs to). So, they still have 14,000 cases waiting to be shipped to backlog DOL. My case is one of them.

indio617 - How credible is your information on the Texas cases. My PD is Feb 2004, and my case was filed with TX SWA. Any insights on where my case might be?

no 45-d letter

Icarus said:
1.Data Review is the status assigned when data entry is complete and the case is awaiting a response to the 45-day letter.
2.Existence check is done several ways. First, the PBLS system uses an internal database of employers to check for the employer/address combination. If that fails, the data entry analyst must do a manual check using on-line databases and search engines. If this fails, the employer/agent is notified of the failure and must provide Tax ID, Articles of Incorporation, a tax return or other third-party based documentation of existence.
3.T is the prefix assigned to the case during data entry prior to completion and generation of the 45-day letter. D is the prefix that replaces T when the 45-day letter is generated.
4. The 45-day letter is generated and mailed within 48 hours of the completion of data entry.

Dear ICarus,
First of all, thanx a lot for giving the most valuble info for this group.

My question is : Even though my case id # "D-05075-52xxx" starts with "D", I/my employer/attorney never got the 45-day latter till today. So, this could happen or is it just missing?

am100 said:
indio617 - How credible is your information on the Texas cases. My PD is Feb 2004, and my case was filed with TX SWA. Any insights on where my case might be?

Your case is most definitely still with TWC as the rest of 14000 cases. My attorney got this information from the AILA conference a few weeks back where the director of DOL mentioned about Texas SWA cases.

He later contacted reliable official sources in TWC and confirmed that they are still with TWC. Yes, our suffering continues.....

See thread on this discussion: http://boards.immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?t=165156&page=6&pp=15

It confirms there is no conspiracy going on. DBEC is just doing thing randomly, however the current policy is apparently favorable to Regional case, espcially CA case with early PD.

For CA 2002 folks, cross your finger, it seems your case will be certified anytime in the summer, better not try to provoke DBEC at this time, so that they change course just like Philly did, switching major resources from RIR to TR weeks ago, according to some source.

mnhrdc said:
I am just off the hook with my Attorney (well known firm)

1.he is back from seatlle with Mr.carlson address to alia
8.BY october retrogrssion for EB2 may pass june 2002 (his guess because my pd also is of same date :))
9.Asked to wait for couple of months :( :( before we call him back
10. I am waiting at the Mail box (Can somebody approvers who recieved can tell us what kind of colour of envelope they use) :p

fogman1 said:
It confirms there is no conspiracy going on. DBEC is just doing thing randomly, however the current policy is apparently favorable to Regional case, espcially CA case with early PD.

For CA 2002 folks, cross your finger, it seems your case will be certified anytime in the summer, better not try to provoke DBEC at this time, so that they change course just like Philly did, switching major resources from RIR to TR weeks ago, according to some source.

I know few of you have some questions about my earlier posting and answer a few

1.DBEC is entering data in abbreviated form and try to complete before sept 2005 (may be possible as per Icarus).
2.What they achieve is total count of cases and some reference to all case files held at BEC centers and may be able to provide some online info to everybody (which they promised).
3.Then they go back by pd date and start entering data completely and generate a 45 day letter in two days (as per Icarus)
4.Few of them might have allready started working (about 50% as per Icarus) on allready data entered cases (TR/RIR) where CRNL acceptence has been recieved.
5.When they first entered the data they would not have sorted by PD basis but by shipment basis recieved from RO offices and generated BEC nos.
6.Please note even though we are seeing approvals for later months they should be considered the oldest case which were tranferred.
7.Approvals recieved may not be strictly by FIFO but looks some order is there within the disorder.
8.I presume after full data entry is over they may fallow strict FIFO
9.My guess is that currently they may be atleast fallowing data entry date and reciept recieved for RIR cases (based on most of approvals are D04320-xx and lesser number irrespective of the PD.) And also if the case is clean they dont want to hold for just sake of PD.

Hope i would have clarified some doubts

Later cases than mine got approved !

Gurus,

Appreciate any guess / comments / info, when my case would be approved.

CA - RIR
PD: 12-Aug-2002, RD: 30-Jun-2003
45 Day letter Received: 03-Mar-2005.
Asking BRC to continue processing. According to attorney, he faxed it back on same day. Let me assume date responded : 03-Mar or 04-Mar.

Till now no news ...

Now, BEC is shutting down their door to e-mail / phone call inquiries ... EB2 Retrogression expected by Oct-2005, which might go to Jun 2002.

Every thing worries me a lot ... If you have any guess or info, please let me know.

Thanks
&
Regards,
dkgdkg.

gp111 said:
Your EB-2 I-140 might get denied as LC does not require BS+5 or Masters. What you can do is file 2 I-140 ( EB-2 & 3) you can do that by only additional $ 130.. In california I-140 takes about 3 months, so see if your EB-2 gets cleared, if not wait for Visa date to be current for EB-3

Hello gp111. My case is exactly like the one you are replying to here. So, does this mean that it is allright to apply for both EB2 and EB3 at the same time? What happens if the EB2 gets cancelled? Will it cause a problem for the EB3 case?

Today I saw another approval

PD Aug 2002
ETA Case # D-04321-05xxx

EB3/CA

Approved date : 26-May

Letter Recevied : 1-July