Dallas Backlog Elimination Center Tracking

For labordrags : opened v/s closed cases

December 2004 was the date that cases that were never opened/processed by TWC from the applicable period were to be sent to Dallas-BEC. Since my case was "opened" ie Enterject/TWC was looking at it I think the date for all opened case was 4/22/05. But who really gives a damn about the date as long as the file really went through and is in process. Even if the file went in Dec 2004 it may just be sitting there since I havent received 45 days letter.

My lawyer says DOL kicked back because of layoffs in industry (mind you not layoffs in my company but layoffs in the industry :mad: ). Its a joke because since the time my file is pending, market, economy everything must have changed. My lawyer says she hopes DOL will only ask them to put in one more ad and see results before approval. Anyway until I actually have the green card in hand this is all just theory. Proof of the pudding is in the eating.
Ill keep you updated if/when I find out more.

labordrags said:
Any idea why they reject RIR cases, and now how can one make sure that the case filed in NON-RIR won't be rejected? According to the project plan, since your PD is Aug 01, your file should have been gone to D-BEC by the end of December 04. You fall with in the SWA Receipt Date of 12/31/2002. Is your case treated as Open or Unopened? Do you have to do another recuriting effort once you hear from BEC, or no?

and you'd better preach to your own herd
I'll be using whatever language I please, thank you.

Kanjoos said:
Please avoid using such language. God made unequal world & God's willing they are getting it. Why are you complaining ?? If you think they are getting better deal, then become illegal, no one is stopping you. Tear your passport and live a life of illegal non-immigrant.

Have some heart & stop complaining. Just think how fortunate you are to have been existing, to have all ur arms,eyes,nose and all your body intact, how fortunate you are in having money whatever you have. there are many who live in poverty, who do not have proper meals to eat, many who although rich died in Tsunami for no good resons known except for the one above in sky.

This may not be the most appropriate forum, but something for all of us to keep at the back of our minds while we wait and suffer the labor certification delays.

Just a few highlights from what was posted on murthy.com. I don't know how we all will be affected.

The U.S. Department of State (DOS) Visa Bulletin for June 2005 contains predictions of widespread retrogression / visa unavailability in the Employment Based (EB) categories as early as the last quarter of fiscal year (FY) 2005.

Since USCIS intends to continue their backlog reduction efforts, the high demand for visa numbers will continue. Thus, there is an announcement that if the demand continues at the same levels, it is likely that the EB categories that are not currently retrogressed will become retrogressed in the last quarter of FY2005 (August-October). Categories that are retrogressed could be pushed back further or become all together "unavailable." The DOS states that this problem could extend to many or all EB categories worldwide.

RAYDHAN said:
This may not be the most appropriate forum, but something for all of us to keep at the back of our minds while we wait and suffer the labor certification delays.

Just a few highlights from what was posted on murthy.com. I don't know how we all will be affected.

The U.S. Department of State (DOS) Visa Bulletin for June 2005 contains predictions of widespread retrogression / visa unavailability in the Employment Based (EB) categories as early as the last quarter of fiscal year (FY) 2005.

Since USCIS intends to continue their backlog reduction efforts, the high demand for visa numbers will continue. Thus, there is an announcement that if the demand continues at the same levels, it is likely that the EB categories that are not currently retrogressed will become retrogressed in the last quarter of FY2005 (August-October). Categories that are retrogressed could be pushed back further or become all together "unavailable." The DOS states that this problem could extend to many or all EB categories worldwide.

Hi GP,Ray & other Gurus

Can this retrogression negatively go beyond exisitng June 2000

mnhrdc said:
Hi GP,Ray & other Gurus

Can this retrogression negatively go beyond exisitng June 2000

I would say Yes for that, since it says visa can also become "unavailable", in which case no one will be able to apply, I guess. Not sure how that will work :confused:

As per my understanding “unavailable” means the quota for this fiscal year is over and no one can file I485 what ever there PD is.(only for the Countries effected.) Please correct me if I am wrong.

www.immigration.com
05/16/2005: DOL Proposes to Eliminate Substitution and to Mandate Use of Certified Labor Certification Within 45 Days

On May 12, 2005, last Thursday, the DOL submitted to the White House OMB for its review a "proposed" regulation in order to remove the substitution of the alien beneficiary and to require filing of I-140 petition within 45 days of the certification of the ETA 750 or ETA 9089.
The Department of Labor is proposing changes reportedly to reduce the incentives and opportunities for fraud and abuse related to the permanent employment of aliens in the United States. Among other key changes, the Department is proposing to eliminate the current practice of allowing the substitution of alien beneficiaries on applications and approved labor certifications. DOL is proposing to further reduce the likelihood of the submission of fraudulent applications for the permanent employment of aliens in the United States by proposing a 45-day deadline for employers to file approved permanent labor certifications in support of a petition with the Department of Homeland Security. The proposed rule expressly prohibits the sale, barter, or purchase of permanent labor certifications or applications, as well as related payments. DOL will also propose enforcement mechanisms to protect program integrity, including debarment with appeal rights. These proposed amendments would apply to employers using both the Application for Alien Employment Certification (Form ETA 750) or the Application for Permanent Employment Certification (Form ETA 9089).
This is a proposed rule and it may take some time before it is made a final or interim rule. However, sometimes, agencies changed or revised during the process of the OMB reviews from the proposed regulation to interim regulation or vice versa.

BEC Case ID - what does it mean???

Can anybody let me know what this case ID stands for?
I have seen it somewhere that it actually means something.
ETA Case No. is D-04264-05XXX.
Thanks a lot.

One Rejection / IOR in NON RIR

texancanadian said:
Hi I am in a silmiar situation, however I had no idea that employer could change PD.

My labor was applied under RIR in August 2001. Texas Workforce Commission approved it and sent it to DOL- Dallas in March 2002. Per my understanding DOL-Dallas rejected it as RIR and kicked it back (kickback) to Texas. Didnt hear absolutely anything for 2.5 yrs until November 2004 when Enterject which was a private contractor for the Texas Workforce Commission contacted my employer to find out if they were still interested in continuing with my case to which the company responded positively in December 2004. Then TWC cancelled Enterject's contract so my best guess is that it must have moved over to Dallas - BEC on April 22 whcih was the last day all states should have sent open cases. I havent heard anything from anyone since (no 45 day letters or anything).

My co-worker (our attourney) recieved a IOR for him last week, his case details are
PD 2001 April - (RIR)
KickBack - June 2003 - gets to Non-RIR Q
Jan 2005 - 45 Day letter
May 2005 - IOR

The Attourney has lost hopes in responding to this application

the said:
Can anybody let me know what this case ID stands for?
I have seen it somewhere that it actually means something.
ETA Case No. is D-04264-05XXX.
Thanks a lot.

According to previous posts :
http://www.immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?p=1125908&highlight=case+number+05+2005#post1125908

http://www.immigrationportal.com/showpost.php?p=1055405&postcount=51

1st digit: D represents Dallas BEC, P for Philly BEC.
2nd, 3rd digit: represents year. ( 05 = 2005)
4th,5th, 6th : represents the day of the year ( 05 = Jan 5th, 365 = December 31st )

Since yours is D-04264-05XXX
Dallas
04 - year 2004
264 = # of day in 2004 (in late Sept)
05XXX = # of cases entered into system at that point of time

nov_2002 said:
My co-worker (our attourney) recieved a IOR for him last week, his case details are
PD 2001 April - (RIR)
Jan 2005 - 45 Day letter
May 2005 - IOR

what is his field? why his application was kicked back in 2003? and why was it refused at the end? pls share some of those info.

GC_Lover said:
I would say Yes for that, since it says visa can also become "unavailable", in which case no one will be able to apply, I guess. Not sure how that will work :confused:

Unavailble is understood

But my question is will it retrogress to April 2000 negatively ?

Thanks

What does IOR mean ? Was his case rejected ? what was the reason ? did they not ask to advertise and do recruitment one more time ? I have heard of NOF what is IOR ?
Please advise.
Thanks

nov_2002 said:
PD 2001 April - (RIR)
Jan 2005 - 45 Day letter
May 2005 - IOR

Received case number for SWA (Kickbacked) case

I received case number from Dallas-BEC in response to my email request to them on April 14, 2005. Mine was RIR remanded (kicked backed) case from DOL-Dalls to TWC. Hope to get 45 days letter soon and get case moving after 4 yrs of waiting. My PD is August 2001.

The purpose of this letter is to acknowledge your request regarding the status of the above-referenced case.

The new case number is: D-05109-6XXXX
The above-referenced case has been transferred to one of the Division of Foreign Labor Certification’s Backlog Processing Centers. At this time, we are unable to provide any additional status information on Permanent Labor Certifications. All Processing Center files are in the process of being transferred into a new database. Once the data entry process is completed, a 45-day letter will be issued on all applications and additional information will be requested from the employer if needed.
Please do not request additional status information for at least 90 days after responding to the 45-day letter.
Sincerely,

DFLC Backlog Processing Center

Last edited by a moderator:
Icarus/Others please help

Based on the logic behind the case number my data should have been input in the PBLS system sometime in mid-April(possibly 4/19). I have still not received 45 day letter since its been more than a month ? Are they planning to send a 45 day letter to open Enterject cases since we responded in December for continuation ? My lawyer says she has received 45 day letters from BEC for some other employees of my company but not for me.
Can anyone shed some light ?

Thanks

texancanadian said:
I received case number from Dallas-BEC in response to my email request to them on April 14, 2005. Mine was RIR remanded (kicked backed) case from DOL-Dalls to TWC. Hope to get 45 days letter soon and get case moving after 4 yrs of waiting. My PD is August 2001.

The purpose of this letter is to acknowledge your request regarding the status of the above-referenced case.

The above-referenced case has been transferred to one of the Division of Foreign Labor Certification’s Backlog Processing Centers. At this time, we are unable to provide any additional status information on Permanent Labor Certifications. All Processing Center files are in the process of being transferred into a new database. Once the data entry process is completed, a 45-day letter will be issued on all applications and additional information will be requested from the employer if needed.
Please do not request additional status information for at least 90 days after responding to the 45-day letter.
Sincerely,

texancanadian said:
Based on the logic behind the case number my data should have been input in the PBLS system sometime in mid-April(possibly 4/19). I have still not received 45 day letter since its been more than a month ? Are they planning to send a 45 day letter to open Enterject cases since we responded in December for continuation ? My lawyer says she has received 45 day letters from BEC for some other employees of my company but not for me.
Can anyone shed some light ?

Thanks

what was the reason for the kcikback of ur application? in what field u work? can u explain? did u get before a case number from entreject or heard from them before?

I work in the field of financial/business analysis for a management consulting firm. Application was rejected by DOL-Dallas because they said that there were layoffs in the industry (industry not company because my company never had layoff's). They kicked it back to State. Lawyer said he wrote 4-5 times to DOL-Dallas disputing layoffs in our industry but he never received a response even once. Not sure who to believe anymore.
Enterject was just a private contractor that the SWA hired. They did not issue any case numbers all they did was process SWA applications. We last heard from them in Nov 2004 when we received something very similar to the 45 day letter which basically asked the employer if they wanted to continue the case to which my employer responded promptly and said yes.

antonioa77 said:
what was the reason for the kcikback of ur application? in what field u work? can u explain? did u get before a case number from entreject or heard from them before?

I can see the Ray of Hope

texancanadian said:

As you have received the case number, which is an indication that they are working on the cases like yours, not sure if they treat you as NON-RIR or RIR case. Again, the recruitment should be done at least once.

Your data must have been entered in their PBLS system on Tuesday, April 19th 2005 since your julian date is 109.

Your case number shows the fact that they have successfully entered at least 60,000 cases in their PBLS system by April 19th 2005. If they can enter 60,000 data within 4 months, I think they are capable of entering 180,000 cases with in a year. I will cross my hand and wait to see if I can see anything by the end of their Fiscal Year 2005.

texancanadian said:
What does IOR mean ? Was his case rejected ? what was the reason ? did they not ask to advertise and do recruitment one more time ? I have heard of NOF what is IOR ?
Please advise.
Thanks

Just my guess, IOR meaning Intention of Rejection.

texancanadian said:
Please advise.
Thanks

He works in the field of Software consulting firm. Application was rejected by DOL-Dallas because they said that there were layoffs in the industry (and our company had layoff's at that time). They kicked it back to State. Later in 2003 the Attourney said they did advertise and the results, may be one of the result may have matched (dont know).