Dallas Backlog Elimination Center Tracking

whatheheck said:
Its not us who are ignoring Indiana. Looks like they haven't opened any INDIAN, CHINA or PHILLIPINE boxes yet.

Are u daft? I said INDIANA, as in Indianapolis, the racing capital of the word, Crossroads of America, Home of Indy500, et al.

life_w/o_gc said:
I guess this is because most old cases are at San Fransico.

This LC wait is very frustrating.

PD- April 2002.
EB3
NON-RIR
CA
No 45 days letter.

The backlog in Indiana is from April 2001. Can't be any older than that!!

US-Alien said:
This might be a valid reason to believe process might take more time. All the while we were thinking about how many analysts would be working on the processing and at what rate. But i think its also very important to have atleast more CO's when compared to what was reported before that DALLAS has only 2 COs. Its practically impossible for a single person to sign off atleast 100 applications/day. So i really hope they will increase the number of COs as the rate of processing increases.

Now one question from my side, Whatz the function of the COs anyway. The analysts are anyway doing the same job. Did the legacy regionals have the same policy of CO verifications?

Just my opinion, as I have no inside information:

My theory is that once the analyst completes the processing he/she submits the case to the certifying officer with either a recommnedation to approve, or label it as "case with issues". I don't believe the certifying officers spend too much time on cases which are recommneded for approval. Probably just make a quick review of the material in the case, make sure evrything makes sense, and approve it.

The problem is that "cases with issues" are those that create the backlog at the CO level, and I expect many of the April '01 cases to be of that type. These proabbly require some more time and the CO will have to deny and I think they need to provide a reason in the denial letter. The reasons could vary from case to case and this becomes a more time consuming process.

A couple of assumptions: Say it takes 5 minutes for the CO to certify a case recommended for approval, and about 15 minutes to analyze a case recommended for denial.

Also assume about half of the 1800 pending cases are "good" so it's about 150 hours to certify those. The other half is taking 450 hours. so the total needed is 600 hours or about 300 hours per officer.

At 37.5 hours a week, this means these 1800 cases should be cleared in 8 weeks. (of course then there will be more backlog) - but if this is true then in 8-10 weeks we should start seeing May '01 cases getting their approvals.

Again - these are all total guesses - I could be totally out of the ball park.

I am from North East and had to work for a year in Indianapolis (which is the only big city of INDIANA). The city is too small; I could circle the whole Indianapolis down town in about 5 minutes. The only company that hires H1B is Ely Lilly. SBC have office but all development work is done in CHICAGO. Had to drive 15 miles to Lafeyette Square to buy Indian grocery!! And the tallest building is Bank One building, which is about 30 storied high!! How come all these many applications are from INDIANA? Wondering!! Anybody has any thoughts!!

pzgjxr said:
Are u daft? I said INDIANA, as in Indianapolis, the racing capital of the word, Crossroads of America, Home of Indy500, et al.

s_chicago said:
I am from North East and had to work for a year in Indianapolis (which is the only big city of INDIANA). The city is too small; I could circle the whole Indianapolis down town in about 5 minutes. The only company that hires H1B is Ely Lilly. SBC have office but all development work is done in CHICAGO. Had to drive 15 miles to Lafeyette Square to buy Indian grocery!! And the tallest building is Bank One building, which is about 30 storied high!! How come all these many applications are from INDIANA? Wondering!! Anybody has any thoughts!!

You will never know howmany hidden registered offices/corporate offices/headquarters based in Indiana!!

sleepless_in_IN said:
Go to the Dallas SWA Case Tracking forum or Indiana SWA forum, one person 'geninfo' with PD May 2001 (RIR) reported getting the case # from Dallas Backlog. So I am assuming they did open up Indiana boxes.

He says he got a temporary case #. Are all the BPC case #s temporary?

My PD is May 2002.

sselva69 said:
You will never know howmany hidden registered offices/corporate offices/headquarters based in Indiana!!

Other big companies in Indianpolis (to name a few): Rolls Royce, Allison-GM.

Almost all the auto-manufacturers have plants in the state.

In fact long before Detroit, Indiana was the automobile capital of the world.

s_chicago said:

Becuase lot of people working in NJ/NY filed to Indiana through other office of their consultants.

I don't know why DOL allowed filing applications from different states, labor substitution etc. Such loopholes are asking for fraud. I know many people who has nothing to do with Indiana, Maryland and still got their LC cleared from there. DOL never ceases to surprise me with unsolved mysteries and illogical rules.

s_chicago said:
s_chicago,
Do u know how many applications there are say for 2001/02? I guess there are not many (may be in thousands, not tens of thousands). There is probably nobody to process.
--MC

srignram

gurus,
Please clarify this information that i recievd from my attorney.According to him the BECs are no longer sending 45 days letter.My PD is june'03 filied from MI.Not yet recieved the case #(no response to my email) and 45 days letter.
Thanks in advance

6th May 2005, 03:36 PM
srignram
Registered User Join Date: Jul 2002

srignram

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

gurus,
Please clarify this information that i recievd from my attorney.According to him the BECs are no longer sending 45 days letter.My PD is june'03 filied from MI.Not yet recieved the case #(no response to my email) and 45 days letter.
Thanks in advance

Ask your attorney where did he get this information. Did somebody at BEC told him that or it is he just guessing?

srignram said:
gurus,
Thanks in advance

Thats Wrong Information. As per latest FAQ released by DOL, They are still sending out 45 day letters for all cases once they get entered in to the PBLS system.

Is this thread Narrow Minded too ?

Before I even type something.. Is this a democretic thread ? Or I will be yelled at for posting ?

GCNoway said:
Before I even type something.. Is this a democretic thread ? Or I will be yelled at for posting ?

As long as its related to DOL / Labor Cert / GC most of the folks don't mind. Go ahead, its all yours