CSC I-485 Filing- May to Dec 2005 Tracking

tantan said:
got the plastic in mail... good luck everybody...

Congratulations, tantan. Looks like you did not want to jinx your chances and so kept quiet all the recent time ;-)

Please publish your details ... so the rest of us here can do some extrapolation/intrapolation and make ourselves happy :)

rajrw said:
Hi,
I recently changed my address and called the customer service to update.
For some reason, it never got updated. I was able to talk to immigration officer today and updated my address. Also found that my name check is still pending. The officer was nice and told that they sent to FBI on Sep 1st 2005. She told it may take upto 3 years to clear and the maximum can be 5 years. Is their any thing I can do? Who is the congressman for Bay Area and can you tell if the congressman was helpful.
Raj.

Just google and everybody has an office in SF where you have to send the signed inquiry letter with appln information.
http://feinstein.senate.gov/casework.html

What happens when you send it to all 3 senators and your 1 congressman of your Area.

1. immediatley your appln will be ack or may be you get a call stating that they are fallowing up with FBI.
2. After 2/3 months you recieve a letter with a copy of FBI email stating that your appln was recieved at there end on such and such date and pending for name check and this is sensitive issue and may not be predicted how much time it takes to clear.
3. senators letter states that you may contact again after 90 days to do another fallowup.

Since all the reply's recievd looks same they must have been automated and same draft is being used. No body is looking into seriously of course why do they care for another legal Tax paying immigrant.

Best of luck

I have got the plastic card yesterday. It arrived within 4 business day
since I got "card production ordered" e-mail. I look like a criminal
on mug-shot like photo of the card (with figer prints and all that).
Good luck to you all.

fdfd said:
I have got the plastic card yesterday. It arrived within 4 business day
since I got "card production ordered" e-mail. I look like a criminal
on mug-shot like photo of the card (with figer prints and all that).
Good luck to you all.

Do you know if you also get an approval notice after the card has been ordered??.I got the card ordered message and am waiting for my card.But I still have not recieved any approval notices or any message change indicating that the approval notice has been mailed.

hadenuf said:
Do you know if you also get an approval notice after the card has been ordered??.I got the card ordered message and am waiting for my card.But I still have not recieved any approval notices or any message change indicating that the approval notice has been mailed.

I have got
1. "card production ordered" e-mail on 1st day
2. "approval notice mailed" e-mail on 3rd day
3. received approval notice on saturday on 5th day
4. received the plastic on 7th day

I have not received "card production completed" e-mail yet.
If you're worried give USCIS a call.
Good luck.

Fingerprints review completed

Attorney sent an inquiry to check if the name check was complete after the mass updates which said "Fingerprints review completed".

Division XII replied that the name check is still pending.

qwerty1111 said:
Finally. Got those long awaited emails few secs back.

5yrs + in waiting (PD 2001 / EB2/ India), 2+ yrs in name check, 2 FPs, 3 EADs/APs. Countless number of stressed out hours. Many stupid mistakes.

At the end, it became an obsession. Didn't want GC for anything else other than just to have it, feel it, touch it.

Was it worth it ? Sure doesn't feel that way right now. Maybe some day when I'm old and feeble then it will be worth it. Don't know. Can't think.

To Icarus, GP111, lifey, heysanjeev, nother1inline and all the countless others who were here, and whom probably I'll not ever meet, even though I want to, a big big THANK YOU straight from the bottom of my heart. Hopefully, if all is right, see all of you in 2011 for the final leg of our journey.

To those who are waiting, keep faith. Easier said than done. But please do keep the faith. There is a God.

It sure is lovely out here in CA today. The rains washed out the years dust and grime. Sky is blue as ever. There is a whiff of winter in the air. I'll go out and buy some roses. And book tickets to India.

This is it for me folks. Signing off now. Good luck and God speed.

Qwerty - my brother - nice to hear about your case. I have come in this forum after a long time and good to see progress in some cases. Regarding meeting - 4 of us from this forum have made a habit of meeting each other every once in a while after the first meeting in April/May of this year. You and all the others are welcome especially GP111 who I have spoken with a couple times but our man has been busy :)) I might not log in here for a while but please feel free to call 408.629.8384 or send me an email at deepaka1974@yahoo.com coz we have been trying to fix another meeting some time mid Dec and would be nice if the count went beyond 4!!

As a quic note to those who are waiting - when we first met, only one of us had the GC, the second time we met, 2 had cleared and by the time we met for the 4th or 5th time, all of us (the regulars) had the GC!! So there's something in it for every one :))

FYI, these meetings happen in the Santa Clara/Sunnyvale/San Jose area

Cheers

LUD yesterday

I got an LUD on 12/07. I updated my Address on 11/30. Must be related to it. I got the corresponding LUD's on 11/30 and 12/01 though.

Did anyone else get, could it be another mass LUD's.

-Raj.

It looks like my case has been approved. My husband and son's case is still pending.

"Application Type: I485 , APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS

Current Status: Card production ordered.

On December 8, 2006, we ordered production of your new card. Please allow 30 days for your card to be mailed to you. If we need something from you we will contact you. If you move before you receive the card, call customer service. You can also receive automatic e-mail updates as we process your case. Just follow the link below to register.

If you have questions or concerns about your application or the case status results listed above, or if you have not received a decision from USCIS within the current processing time listed*, please contact USCIS Customer Service at (800) 375-5283. "

I would like to thank everybody on this forum to help me with my case. I have learnt a lot on his forum.

UB

Congratulations!

So your 2nd FP was done 18 months after the 1st FP?

My 1FP is gonna expire on Dec. 28 2006 and I am still waiting for the 2nd FP notice.

EB1UB said:
It looks like my case has been approved. My husband and son's case is still pending.

"Application Type: I485 , APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS

On December 8, 2006, we ordered production of your new card. Please allow 30 days for your card to be mailed to you. If we need something from you we will contact you. If you move before you receive the card, call customer service. You can also receive automatic e-mail updates as we process your case. Just follow the link below to register.

If you have questions or concerns about your application or the case status results listed above, or if you have not received a decision from USCIS within the current processing time listed*, please contact USCIS Customer Service at (800) 375-5283. "

I would like to thank everybody on this forum to help me with my case. I have learnt a lot on his forum.

UB

Congratulations !

I've got the plastic within 4 business day after the "card production" e-mail
and the approval notice within 2 business day.

EB1UB said:

UB

Got another LUD today 12/09. I am surprised that uscis is working on Saturday. Hope things will turn out Good.

-Raj.

rajrw said:
I got an LUD on 12/07. I updated my Address on 11/30. Must be related to it. I got the corresponding LUD's on 11/30 and 12/01 though.

Did anyone else get, could it be another mass LUD's.

-Raj.

rajrw said:
Got another LUD today 12/09. I am surprised that uscis is working on Saturday. Hope things will turn out Good.

-Raj.

i have the exact same lud's. every time they touch your case (address change, inquiry), you get 2 lud's. one to open and one to close.

New user

Hello All,
I am new to this forum but fits the criteria of this thread.I did my FP on 16th Oct 05 with the I-485 receipt date of 25th May 06. Also I got the update that the fingerpring was completed. Recently I got married so my attroney sent them an amendment to include my wife to my green card process.

Due to the recent update to my I-485 does anyone thing my green card issue might be delayed?

Congrats for everyone who already received the GC!!!

Thanks and take care guys.

Thanks fdfd. Hopefully, I will receive my plastic this week. My son's case is approved too but my husband has been issued an RFE. They should have sent him RFE the time they issued me. But anyway, its a big relief. Now atleast we can plan our life that was on hold for GC. Thanks all for your support.

smartgege: Thanks !
I never received 2nd FP request but I took infopass and asked them to give me 2nd FP appoint.

fdfd said:
Congratulations !

I've got the plastic within 4 business day after the "card production" e-mail
and the approval notice within 2 business day.

Last edited by a moderator:
How can you find out when the 1st FP expires? Is there a specific time period?
My 1st FP was done nov 2005. Do I need to do something?

Thanks.

smartgege said:
Congratulations!

So your 2nd FP was done 18 months after the 1st FP?

My 1FP is gonna expire on Dec. 28 2006 and I am still waiting for the 2nd FP notice.

Fingerprints are valid for 15 months so your FP are still good.
UB

QUOTE=sksave]How can you find out when the 1st FP expires? Is there a specific time period?
My 1st FP was done nov 2005. Do I need to do something?

Thanks.[/QUOTE]

LUD on 12/09

rajrw said:

-Raj.

I got the same LUD too and I did not inquire or request a address change. Looks like a mass LUD.
:rolleyes: