CSC I-485 Filing- May to Dec 2005 Tracking

I got postal mail confirming the address change and name check pending dated December 7th. That explains the LUD on 7th. 9th must be the mass LUD or closing the case. It also says I can contact USCIS only after another 180 days for the another enquiry.

Raj.

jd_in said:
I got the same LUD too and I did not inquire or request a address change. Looks like a mass LUD.
:rolleyes:

Last edited by a moderator:
Got a letter on 12/7

rajrw said:
I got postal mail confirming the address change and name check pending dated December 7th. That explains the LUD on 7th. 9th must be the mass LUD or closing the case. It also says I can contact USCIS only after another 180 days for the another enquiry.

Raj.

I got the letter too which was dated 12/7. I did not say anything about the name check but indicated that additional review is being done on the case and you should wait 6 months before contacting again.

jd_in said:
I got the letter too which was dated 12/7. I did not say anything about the name check but indicated that additional review is being done on the case and you should wait 6 months before contacting again.

i also got additional system checks in response to my phone inquiry. then i wrote an email and asked in name check is cleared and this time, got email saying name check is still pending

shah, jd, raj: Did the message change after the latest LUD?

I am afraid I may be going through the same thing ... except I did not make any new inquiry with CSC so I don't know the latest update on my case ...

lifeislife said:

I am afraid I may be going through the same thing ... except I did not make any new inquiry with CSC so I don't know the latest update on my case ...

my message still says rfe received feb 3rd ....

No, Message didn't change for me.
Raj.

lifeislife said:

Thank you.
I will wait few months and see how things turn out.

EB1UB said:
Fingerprints are valid for 15 months so your FP are still good.
UB

QUOTE=sksave]How can you find out when the 1st FP expires? Is there a specific time period?
My 1st FP was done nov 2005. Do I need to do something?

Thanks.
[/QUOTE]

Update!!

USCIS responded within a couple of days for my atty's 2nd inquiry. They have acknowledged that visas are available and my case is outside their processing time and have asked for 60 days.
I absolutely have no idea why it is taking such a looooooong time. I was expecting an approval before thanksgiving itself but looks like christmas also might pass by.
My last LUD was on 10/31.

pklam said:
USCIS responded within a couple of days for my atty's 2nd inquiry. They have acknowledged that visas are available and my case is outside their processing time and have asked for 60 days.
I absolutely have no idea why it is taking such a looooooong time. I was expecting an approval before thanksgiving itself but looks like christmas also might pass by.
My last LUD was on 10/31.

Do you have to do some thing for your name check or it cleared on its own.

I have been waiting for my name check for more than 12 months

mnhrdc said:
Do you have to do some thing for your name check or it cleared on its own.

I have been waiting for my name check for more than 12 months

mhrdc,
I would strongly recommend you to write to a congressman/senator. I strongly believe it helped me. When an inquiry is made by the congressman/senator, atleast the file will be looked into and that might trigger something. I recommended this to two of my friends who were waiting for > 1yr and both of their's cleared. I guess it wouldn't hurt trying it out.
Good luck!!!

Hi pklam,
How long does it typically take to for the congressman's office to get the response from FBI.
Raj.

pklam said:
mhrdc,
I would strongly recommend you to write to a congressman/senator. I strongly believe it helped me. When an inquiry is made by the congressman/senator, atleast the file will be looked into and that might trigger something. I recommended this to two of my friends who were waiting for > 1yr and both of their's cleared. I guess it wouldn't hurt trying it out.
Good luck!!!

good news with a slight twist

On Dec 19, I received the three sweet emails saying cards were ordered!! The bad news is that my wife's case has not updated.

I am in India right now and have put my mail on hold, so I won't know when I actually get the cards...

Anyone know how long it takes to get wife's approval?

rajrw said:
Hi pklam,
How long does it typically take to for the congressman's office to get the response from FBI.
Raj.

Raj,
It depends. Richard Pombo was the congressman who helped me out and his office was really good. But the bad news is that he lost the elections and i don't know how the new person is.
It took him 4 weeks to get the response and then another 6 more weeks to get the clearance. I was calling the office every two weeks and his office promptly called me back. They were really helpful. Good luck!!

lifeislife said:
On Dec 19, I received the three sweet emails saying cards were ordered!! The bad news is that my wife's case has not updated.

I am in India right now and have put my mail on hold, so I won't know when I actually get the cards...

Anyone know how long it takes to get wife's approval?

Congratulations!!! life is life. Enjoy your stay in india..

Update!!

I just checked my emails and was happy to see 5 emails from uscis. All of them were the same and were for my wife's case. It says " You've to go to the application support center for further processing on this case. Till then this case will be in suspense and a notice will be mailed to within 90 days". I've no idea what's going on????? This is frustrating!!!
Does anyone know what might be going on???

Hi pklam,
Congratulations on the developments on your application.
Thank you for the response. When the congressman got the reply, did it say the namecheck is cleared or it was still pending and got cleared in 6 weeks. How did you know the name check is cleared after the 6 weeks.
Raj.

pklam said:
Raj,
It depends. Richard Pombo was the congressman who helped me out and his office was really good. But the bad news is that he lost the elections and i don't know how the new person is.
It took him 4 weeks to get the response and then another 6 more weeks to get the clearance. I was calling the office every two weeks and his office promptly called me back. They were really helpful. Good luck!!

rajrw said:
Hi pklam,
Congratulations on the developments on your application.
Thank you for the response. When the congressman got the reply, did it say the namecheck is cleared or it was still pending and got cleared in 6 weeks. How did you know the name check is cleared after the 6 weeks.
Raj.

Raj,
The first letter i recd from the congressman's office said my namecheck was pending with FBI and the office would not expedite the process. But i called pombo's office and explained to the person about my problem and he did say he'll try his best. After 6 weeks i got a letter from his office saying the namecheck was cleared. In fact, the person in pombo's office was so nice that he even forwarded the email what he got from his contact in FBI telling him about my name check clearance.

What is pombos office..

pklam said:
Raj,
The first letter i recd from the congressman's office said my namecheck was pending with FBI and the office would not expedite the process. But i called pombo's office and explained to the person about my problem and he did say he'll try his best. After 6 weeks i got a letter from his office saying the namecheck was cleared. In fact, the person in pombo's office was so nice that he even forwarded the email what he got from his contact in FBI telling him about my name check clearance.

Hello PKLAM,
Cogratulations on your approval ;-). If you don't mind, could you please shed some light on what pombos office for ignorants like me...;-)
thanks,
Sri