CSC I-485 Filing- May to Dec 2005 Tracking

Congratulations! cavenkt. Enjoy.

cavenkat said:
Thank you. I got the approval emails yesterday. 5/15/06

Did you find that your name check was cleared before getting the approval emails ?.

this question has been probably answered several times but is somebody can answer again, I appreciate it
If I change my job based on this AC-21, does the new company have to do anything or I can continue working on EAD and renew it until my GC gets approved?

shahramt said:
this question has been probably answered several times but is somebody can answer again, I appreciate it
If I change my job based on this AC-21, does the new company have to do anything or I can continue working on EAD and renew it until my GC gets approved?

Yes, Your new company does not need to do anything. You submit AC-21 letter your self & keep on renewing EAD till you get approved

For those of you who got 485 approved , did you get approval notice and the actual card in 2 separate postal mails or are they sent together in 1 postal mail ?

I am a little concerned, my online status says 485 approved on May11th, I also received the emails which says my 485 is approved but nothing yet in postal mail.Also I didnt receive the second set of emails which say card has been mailed out.

Theres no update in the online status of my wifes pending 485 application

EAD/AP renewal

Has anyone renewed the EAD/AP online recently ?
If so, please share your experience , timeline and tips.

My company will pay for my EAD/AP renewal. But for my wife
I have to pay from my pocket and my attorney is asking about $1100
for her. That sounds like a rip-off since the fees are actually
$180 (EAD) and $170 (AP) + postage for supportive documents.

I know the following link was very detail but the LUD on it was 29th March 2004.
http://www.immigrationportal.com/showpost.php?p=658682&postcount=1
Just wanted to know the latest developments on EAD/AP renewal process.

Help !

GP111,Have you received the cards?

gp111 said:
Thank you all guys for wishes. I do wish fast approvals & great future to everyone.

I am up for an celebration evening ( I will pay for sure :rolleyes: ) sometime in second part of this month. lets set something up & everyone is invited !

I will keep on visiting these threads as I have been an old adict and hard to let go the habit.

got the email regarding cards also this morning

"Application Type: I485 , Application to Register Permanent Residence or to Adjust Status

Current Status:

On May 10, 2006, after approving your application, we ordered you a new card. Your card will be mailed to you as soon as it is ready............"

GP111,

Can you pls. let me know what are the next steps after the approval email? Like do we get the card in the mail and we need to get it stamped in our Passport etc? Right now I got 6emails (3 duplicates) saying our cases are approved. Soon, I will be getting that email which says, they are ordering a new card etc...

Cavenkat
PD: 9/2002
485AD : 5/15/06

Same here, case approved on May 11. I haven't received the "Card ordered..." email either. I'm not too worried, its been only 5 days. I think we should be getting the approval notice sometime this week. Wonder if there's anything on it for us to do before they order the card or its just the unreliable status updates we've seen in the past.

The approval and the card come separately in the post.

arbit007 said:
For those of you who got 485 approved , did you get approval notice and the actual card in 2 separate postal mails or are they sent together in 1 postal mail ?

I am a little concerned, my online status says 485 approved on May11th, I also received the emails which says my 485 is approved but nothing yet in postal mail.Also I didnt receive the second set of emails which say card has been mailed out.

Theres no update in the online status of my wifes pending 485 application

Folks
I got the "cards ordered email" 2 hours back, so my case is set.
Just wondering what to do about my wifes case. Online status still says ".......received application" and theres no LUD, noRFE nothing
I sent another email to CSC-XII , Is there a number to directly reach the service center ?
From what I know , customer service is not of much assistance, since all they do is read the online status and maybe initiate inquiries.

AC-21 letter??

Do we need to send something to ins after job switch(AC-21 letter that you have mentioned below?).

I recently changed jobs after waiting for ~8 months after the application.
I am working on EAD and have applied for renewal.

Do I need to do anything else? Neither me nor my new company has done anything special.

I am waiting for my approval(offcourse recently received email saying name check :mad: pending)

Thanks.

gp111 said:
Yes, Your new company does not need to do anything. You
submit AC-21 letter your self & keep on renewing EAD till you get approved

A little different message than expected

"On May 16, 2006, the card order was completed and we mailed the applicant's new card directly to him or her. If 30 days have passed and you have not received this card, you may wish to verify or update your address. To update your address, please call the National Customer Service Center at (800) 375-5283"

Last edited by a moderator:
sksave said:
Do we need to send something to ins after job switch(AC-21 letter that you have mentioned below?).

I recently changed jobs after waiting for ~8 months after the application.
I am working on EAD and have applied for renewal.

Do I need to do anything else? Neither me nor my new company has done anything special.

I am waiting for my approval(offcourse recently received email saying name check :mad: pending)

Thanks.

Dude, If you don't tell USCIS that you have changed jobs using AC-21 how they will know ? Also if your previous employer withdraws I-140 & if they don't know about AC-21, they will send you NOID .. So its in your safety to send a letter to USCIS about your job change

Congrats!!

It is heartening to see so many approvals. Congrats to all the new Permanent residents. Enjoy the freedom.
Are there anybody other than rajrw, shahramt and myself whose name check is still pending????

me

pklam said:
It is heartening to see so many approvals. Congrats to all the new Permanent residents. Enjoy the freedom.
Are there anybody other than rajrw, shahramt and myself whose name check is still pending????

Mine ... :-(

pklam said:

shaaka said:
Hello lifeislife,

Did you got response back for your May 1 email?

I am guessing that CSC is stopped replying to email inquiries !!!. I have not got any reply yet to my May 1st email. My name check is still pending. :-(

I-485: RD: 09/26/2005
PD: 09/21/2002