CSC I-485 Filing- May to Dec 2005 Tracking

^db9, your case is interesting.

From reading these boards I have been convinced that if the name-check does not clear quickly (say within a month or two), one is usually in for the long-haul i.e. it is likely to be more than 1 year wait at the least.

You are the first case I have read whose name-check cleared in 7 months.(going by your dates).

Gives me slight hope.

Congrats!!!

gp111 said:
Received the long awaited emails today with sweet words of your case has been approved for both me & my spouse. Don’t know how to express my feelings.

I would like to thank Rajiv Khanna for this wonderful portal & all of you for your support during the painful Journey.

But, good things happens to those who wait !.. There is really light at the end of Tunnel and its not oncoming train..

Good luck & God Speed.

Congrats on your approval. Keep visiting the forum whenever you can and lift our spirits up. Good luck on your future endeavours!!

Senator Letter!!

Folks,
Here's the format of the letter (attached a .txt file as my MS word does not want to upload it) of what i sent to both the senators i.e. Barbara boxer as well as Dianne Fienstein and my congressman Richard Pombo. Please copy this to a word document and Modify it/reword it to your requirements.
Only Richard Pombo was prompt in replying and pursuing my case. After over a month, Barbara boxer's office contacted me and have initiated an inquiry. They've said that they cannot expedite the name check process but can only get the status. So i've not heard anything from the congressman or the senator and presume FBI has not responded yet. So i'm waiting.
Good Luck!! to everyone who has gotten their approvals recently and for those who are in my position, let's hope the letter does somethng good.
Thanks...

GP, Hearty congrats, hope you don't see counselors for quitting your addiction to this site ;)

db9, could you let me know when (date) you've completed your finger prints? And also, what code?

Thanks in advance

db9 said:
Got the coveted email today indicating all security checks were cleared and my application was being sent for review. My wife's (primary) application was approved on 4/18 and her card has arrived. Mine was stuck in name check at that time.

Congrats GP! Way to help out on this forum!

sksave said:
Congrats GP111.

Also congrats to all those who have recently received the much awaited emails.

Guys, here is one question. I send an inquiry email on 4/25 and no response yet.
I also called and asked them to look into the case.

I have not received any email or snail mail.
What do you guru's suggest, should I send a followup email?

Thanks.
I have sent an email on april 21'st and I got reply to that mail today. So wait for some more time and you might get a reply, if not send them one more email.

hi db9,
did you send another enquiry?
Raj.

db9 said:
Got the coveted email today indicating all security checks were cleared and my application was being sent for review. My wife's (primary) application was approved on 4/18 and her card has arrived. Mine was stuck in name check at that time.

Congrats GP! Way to help out on this forum!

rajrw said:
hi db9,
did you send another enquiry?
Raj.
Yes, I sent another email inquiry on 5/2 because I knew my name check results had been forwarded to USCIS (update from Congresswoman's office).

ronniin said:
GP, Hearty congrats, hope you don't see counselors for quitting your addiction to this site ;)

db9, could you let me know when (date) you've completed your finger prints? And also, what code?

Thanks in advance
I completed FP on 10/25/05; all 10 finger prints + photograph (Code 3?)

Gp111,

Is there any approx time frame that the name check and fingerprints get cleared in, in most circumstances?

Thanks

dvyas said:
Gp111,

Is there any approx time frame that the name check and fingerprints get cleared in, in most circumstances?

Thanks

Namecheck 72 Hours and FP 48 Hours in most cases. If not Name check takes anywhere between 6 months to two years. FP takes few weeks.

FP and Namecheck has no connection with each other

Friends, please correct me if I am wrong. It looks like if name/background check goes sommethly then it is taking around 8-9 months for the 485 approval.

--------------------
485: RD: Mar 2006, AD: ???
AP, EAD: RD Mar 2006, AD: Apr 2006
FP: ???

hi db9,

can you please tell which Congresswoman did you contact and how did you contact?

Regards,
Raj.

db9 said:
Yes, I sent another email inquiry on 5/2 because I knew my name check results had been forwarded to USCIS (update from Congresswoman's office).

Received magic emails

Finally after a 4 year wait, I got the magic emails for myself .My spouses application is still not updated.Another long journey has ended and I have closure today.Thanks to everyone on this forum for the support. The suggestions here have been incredible (much better than my company funded lawyers)
Good luck to everyone !

Congratulations!

What is your priority date and what is the I-485 received date?

arbit007 said:
Finally after a 4 year wait, I got the magic emails for myself .My spouses application is still not updated.Another long journey has ended and I have closure today.Thanks to everyone on this forum for the support. The suggestions here have been incredible (much better than my company funded lawyers)
Good luck to everyone !

Thanks Volleyball!!

Looking at your date looks like I should atleast wait until early next week before I followup.

volleyball said:
I have sent an email on april 21'st and I got reply to that mail today. So wait for some more time and you might get a reply, if not send them one more email.

I485 Approved!!

Hi all,
I am very glad to update everyone with my happy news... the I485 applications for both me and my wife were approved today. Received the news via the USCIS email.

Thank you everyone for your valuable input throughout the last 6 years, especially GP111 who has restlessly provided valuable information and advice to countless applicants like me.

I am sure I would not be the only one to give a warm round of "net-applause" for GP111!!!

And for those who are still waiting, things will eventually work out. Hang in there and keep talking to people in the same boat.

Thanks everyone.

Congrats!!!

Hi piyushj,

Congrats. It gives a lot of hope and excitement to others like me waiting to be fed into the I-485 processing engine.

Could you please confirm your PD and also whether you are in retrogressed category ( India ).

It seems that most of the 485 are getting processed in a period of 15-45 days after the PD becomes current ( assuming that the dreaded FBI namecheck is cleared ).

piyushj said:
Hi all,
I am very glad to update everyone with my happy news... the I485 applications for both me and my wife were approved today. Received the news via the USCIS email.

</485 Approved>

Received the approval email for my case today. Thanks to all on this forum for your help! For those who are waiting, hang in there. It's just a matter of time!

Last edited by a moderator:
rajrw said:
hi db9,

can you please tell which Congresswoman did you contact and how did you contact?

Regards,
Raj.
I contacted the office of Anna Eshoo. But you should lookup who your representative in Congresss is. Use this site: http://www.house.gov/writerep/

I faxed them a request to expedite the name check process and called in to follow up. They clearly said that there was nothing they could do to expedite the process but they would send in a request for status. I called back in about 6 weeks to check when they informed me that they had confirmation of the FBI sending the results. Not sure if this helped but I figured it couldn't really do any harm.