CSC I-485 Filing- May to Dec 2005 Tracking

volleyball said:
By this mail I understand that you were able to get to speak to a person. Did you get any more information other than what was said in the automated case status??

Thanks

I don't believe they will provide more information than the automated case status BUT they can send an inquiry which results in response from them by snail mail in few days.

gp111 said:
I don't believe they will provide more information than the automated case status BUT they can send an inquiry which results in response from them by snail mail in few days.
What's a snail mail?? Is it a mail that moves at the speed of a snail !!!

FunDesiDude said:
:) Hi Friends,

I sent another email to CSC on April 28, 2006 (after 30 days of my previous email). This morning I got this wonderful reply , which I would like to share :
---------------
Visas are available and all security checks have been cleared at this time for your I-485 applications.

The I-485's will be pulled from the file room and forwarded to the monthly processing shelf. The files will then be assigned to an officer for review. A decision or transaction should take place within 60 days.

M. Bueno
---------------------------

I am awaiting my approval's! How soon would they come, any guesses?

Send the invitation, we will approve there it self :)
Good Luck

GOOD LUCK TO ALL!!

-FDD :)

Help needed to decide on mailing address

Hi everyone,

I am just getting ready to apply for my third stage as my priority date became current. My problem is that I live in an apartment. I have heard of horrible stories where people had to remain at the same apartment even though they wanted to move out because they had provided that address as the mailing address for the I-485. Is that ancient history matter or is it true even now ? If you update the address by calling up the customer service, does that really take into effect for all future correspondence ? Does anyone have personal experience regarding this ? Please advise me as I have to put in an address into the application soon.

Thanks a bunch for your help in advance.

Regards.

maverick534 said:
Hi everyone,

I am just getting ready to apply for my third stage as my priority date became current. My problem is that I live in an apartment. I have heard of horrible stories where people had to remain at the same apartment even though they wanted to move out because they had provided that address as the mailing address for the I-485. Is that ancient history matter or is it true even now ? If you update the address by calling up the customer service, does that really take into effect for all future correspondence ? Does anyone have personal experience regarding this ? Please advise me as I have to put in an address into the application soon.

Thanks a bunch for your help in advance.

Regards.

This one is a very old and very foolish myth. USCIS has never created any problems for anyone because of address change as long as you update the address after you move. I have known folks who changed address more then 4 times while application was pending. Once you update address by calling them it becomes the address on file and you will also receive address change confirmation by snail mail.

USCIS do no care you move your appartment / city / state as long you reside in US and work for same/similar profession.

gp111 said:
This one is a very old and very foolish myth. USCIS has never created any problems for anyone because of address change as long as you update the address after you move. I have known folks who changed address more then 4 times while application was pending. Once you update address by calling them it becomes the address on file and you will also receive address change confirmation by snail mail.

USCIS do no care you move your appartment / city / state as long you reside in US and work for same/similar profession.

Thanks gp. You are a life saver. I have heard these stories from friends so was not sure whether it was reality or myth. Thanks for clarifying the matter.

End of Long Journey

Received the long awaited emails today with sweet words of your case has been approved for both me & my spouse. Don’t know how to express my feelings.

I would like to thank Rajiv Khanna for this wonderful portal & all of you for your support during the painful Journey.

But, good things happens to those who wait !.. There is really light at the end of Tunnel and its not oncoming train..

Good luck & God Speed.

gp111 said:
Received the long awaited emails today with sweet words of your case has been approved for both me & my spouse. Don’t know how to express my feelings.

I would like to thank Rajiv Khanna for this wonderful portal & all of you for your support during the painful Journey.

But, good things happens to those who wait !.. There is really light at the end of Tunnel and its not oncoming train..

Good luck & God Speed.

Congratulations and We Miss you.
You Deserved this for the serivice rendered to this forum.
God Bless A??? No YOU

Finally, approved

Just received the email for approval for both my spouse and myself.

Good luck to everyone.

Heartiest Congratuations. Richly deserved!!!

Hi GP111,

Heartiest Congratulations. You richly deserve this sucess!!!

Thanks a million for ALWAYS helping myself and countless other persons on this forum. You will be sorely missed.

Wishing you all the best.

Congrats to all you guys reporting approval emails.
Please allow me some self-pity and bitterness since my PD is earlier than yours'. Thanks of course to name check.

gp111 said:

Good luck & God Speed.
And to add to that here is the message that I got late in the evening
"This case has been approved. On May 9, 2006, an approval notice was mailed. If 30 days have passed and you have not received this notice, you may wish to verify or update your address. To update your address, please speak to an Immigration Information Officer during business hours."

Thanks a lot guys for the helpful information and especially for gp111. You have been very very useful to this group. Congrats to you.

Good luck to all of you guys.

Congratulations and thanks for being there

gp111 said:

Good luck & God Speed.
GP111,

I have been a silent watcher of all the forums be it LC or I-140 or I-485 and I could feel your presence everywhere. You have been very valuable asset to all these forums and helped everybody with all your knowledge.

Congratulations and thanks for being "everywhere" where there are people in need.

I will miss your comments. Please try to be around for a while.

Regards,

proudtobeindian said:
GP111,

I have been a silent watcher of all the forums be it LC or I-140 or I-485 and I could feel your presence everywhere. You have been very valuable asset to all these forums and helped everybody with all your knowledge.

Regards,

^ProudtobeIndian, since you are proud to be an Indian, you should not be so desperate for a Green Card ? j/k

Last edited by a moderator:
biker said:
^ProudtobeIndian, since you are proud to be an Indian, you should not be so desperate for a Green Card ? j/k

Dude.. I am also proud to be an Indian & I was still desperate for GC :rolleyes:

^Now...you could surely rationalize it...but as far as I am concerned - you cannot be proud of India and be desperate for US Green Card at the same time.

But I digress...

Congrats Pandu. See you in 2011 !

gp111 said:

Good luck & God Speed.