CSC I-485 Filing- May to Dec 2005 Tracking

No status update after FP

mnhrdc said:
The reverse is true in our case
FP's were done on same day for entire family
Family members cases states FP Review have recieved
My case still in recived in state.
LUD's changed for all cases same day after FP's were done.

I see a light in your case since your review has been recievd and derivative members are adjudicated based on your case. Currently they are processing PD May-June 2002 and your time will come soon.
In our case Fp done on same day for entire family. No status update and no LUD update. Whats going on :confused:

Change of job AC21 Portability

I am employed by a consulting company based in CA and now my client, where I am working at the moment in TX, is not willing to extend our contracts. Only option to continue the job at the current site is to join them on permenant basis. I have my EAD and I485 pending for more than 6 months so I can avail AC21. What I would like to know is
1. What documents I'll need from old employer in original. I have copies of I140 approval and I485 receipt notices.
2. What documents I'll need from my new employer.
3. When I need to inform USCIS about the job change?
4. Are there any issues as I'll be changing location from CA to TX?
5. Should I worry about the salary difference between my current salary and new being offered at the job which will obviously be more than I am getting.

This forum have been a great support so far and I don't see that changing.

gunmaster said:
I am employed by a consulting company based in CA and now my client, where I am working at the moment in TX, is not willing to extend our contracts. Only option to continue the job at the current site is to join them on permenant basis. I have my EAD and I485 pending for more than 6 months so I can avail AC21. What I would like to know is
1. What documents I'll need from old employer in original. I have copies of I140 approval and I485 receipt notices.

Copies are fine, you don't need any originals.

2. What documents I'll need from my new employer.
Job offer letter (Job description same or similar), an additional letter stating that they are offering you permenant position & ready to take over green card sponsership (you don't need this letter as such but just to be more on safer side)
3. When I need to inform USCIS about the job change?

around your joining time (if your current employer is hostile, inform USCIS even before you actully change)

4. Are there any issues as I'll be changing location from CA to TX?

Nop. AC-21 allows you to move your job anywhere in USA

5. Should I worry about the salary difference between my current salary and new being offered at the job which will obviously be more than I am getting.

Nop.

This forum have been a great support so far and I don't see that changing.

HopeAlive said:
My spouse's case was updated later in the day. Here's the text:

"On April 27, 2006, we mailed a notice requesting additional evidence or information in this case. The notice explains in detail what additional material is needed."

Should I be worried?
My spouse got an RFE for a "Certification of Good Conduct". We need to submit a clearance certificate from the local and Indian law enforcement aganecies - wherever she has lived in last five years.

I got the approval notice yesterday. I also got an e-mail saying the card was on its way.

My GC story

Hello Everyone,

I am a new member to this forum. I am watching this forum since last 5 years. I am one of the victims of Name Check/Security Check process. EB2, INDIA. My GC story started in January, 2000. That time, I was working with a consulting company. Labor was approved in 20 days. Filed I-140. Done with that in 4 and ½ months. About to file I-485. Job market was going down. People were desperate in job search. Client was terminating contractors. Client hired me as full-time (this was the only lucky part). Up to this point everything fast paced.

From here onwards my struggle started with DOL and INS/FBI. My new GC process started in January, 2002 again from scratch. Got query from State DOL asking for recruitment efforts after one year wait. Employer answered. Then State DOL forwarded to San Francisco DOL. San Francisco DOL approved my case in August, 2004. To file my application with INS it took 4 and ½ months. It happened in December 28, 2004. Completed FP on February 1, 2005. INS received the results after one week. Process resumed. I-140 approved by end of May, 2005. Send RFE on I-485 asking for Birth Certificates and other things. I provided them. They are happy. In July, 2005 I requested I-485 status. They replied with “FBI Name check pending” status. My attorney asked to expedite the process because of retrogression. After one month they replied with “application didn’t meet expedite guidelines”. In the meantime, retrogression happened. Waited. Asked again my I-485 status in end of February, 2006. INS replied again with “FBI Name check pending” status. Got frustrated. Contacted local congressman. Got the same reply back after few weeks. Send FOIPA request to FBI by fax. They replied asking to wet sign the form. Did it and send the request back again. While doing this, I send a request to Senator asking to help me with FBI/INS. I never got reply from them. After my priority date became current on April 1, 2006, my attorney sent a request asking to approve the case. They replied with the same “FBI Name check pending” status. After 1 and ½ month got reply from FBI last week saying that they didn’t find any records (“no records found in central records system”) with my name.

After this entire story I am confused with FBI name check process and INS I-485 process. Any suggestions on further steps I need to take care of?

Category: EB2, INDIA
Service Center: California
Priority date: January 31, 2002
I-485 RD: December 28, 2004
I-485 ND: January 5, 2005
RFE response received by CSC: June 24, 2005
Recent Inquiry: 4/4/2006 (attorney sent request)
4/17/2006 (attorney got response)
4/22/2006 (observed LUD)
FBI response to my FOIPA request: Dated on April 27, 2006
Received on May 1, 2006 by snail mail

Last edited by a moderator:
Important!

Does anyone know if you have to stay with the employer who filed 485 for a certain duration even after GC is approved?!

Name check

tantan said:
May I know how you contacted the local congressman? I mean details like was it mail, a phone call, did the attorney help with wording? stuff like that... I guess I need to do the same thing. My RD is 04/08 and it's been pending namecheck. Your comments are appreciated.

gp, cong on your approval. I appreciate your feedback on this. Thanks.
I sent out letters with my personal story of how long i'm in this country with the I-485 details to the senators and the congressman. If you want the format or the copy of the letter, i would be more than happy to send it to you. Pls. PM me with your email and i'll do it.

GreenCardBlues said:
Hello Everyone,

I am a new member to this forum. I am watching this forum since last 5 years. I am one of the victims of Name Check/Security Check process. EB2, INDIA. My GC story started in January, 2000. That time, I was working with a consulting company. Labor was approved in 20 days. Filed I-140. Done with that in 4 and ½ months. About to file I-485. Job market was going down. People were desperate in job search. Client was terminating contractors. Client hired me as full-time (this was the only lucky part). Up to this point everything fast paced.

From here onwards my struggle started with DOL and INS/FBI. My new GC process started in January, 2002 again from scratch. Got query from State DOL asking for recruitment efforts after one year wait. Employer answered. Then State DOL forwarded to San Francisco DOL. San Francisco DOL approved my case in August, 2004. To file my application with INS it took 4 and ½ months. It happened in December 28, 2004. Completed FP on February 1, 2005. INS received the results after one week. Process resumed. I-140 approved by end of May, 2005. Send RFE on I-485 asking for Birth Certificates and other things. I provided them. They are happy. In July, 2005 I requested I-485 status. They replied with “FBI Name check pending” status. My attorney asked to expedite the process because of retrogression. After one month they replied with “application didn’t meet expedite guidelines”. In the meantime, retrogression happened. Waited. Asked again my I-485 status in end of February, 2006. INS replied again with “FBI Name check pending” status. Got frustrated. Contacted local congressman. Got the same reply back after few weeks. Send FOIPA request to FBI by fax. They replied asking to wet sign the form. Did it and send the request back again. While doing this, I send a request to Senator asking to help me with FBI/INS. I never got reply from them. After my priority date became current on April 1, 2006, my attorney sent a request asking to approve the case. They replied with the same “FBI Name check pending” status. After 1 and ½ month got reply from FBI last week saying that they didn’t find any records (“no records found in central records system”) with my name.

After this entire story I am confused with FBI name check process and INS I-485 process. Any suggestions on further steps I need to take care of?

Category: EB2, INDIA
Service Center: California
Priority date: January 31, 2002
I-485 RD: December 28, 2004
I-485 ND: January 5, 2005
RFE response received by CSC: June 24, 2005
Recent Inquiry: 4/4/2006 (attorney sent request)
4/17/2006 (attorney got response)
4/22/2006 (observed LUD)
FBI response to my FOIPA request: Dated on April 27, 2006
Received on May 1, 2006 by snail mail

What is this FOIPA??? and what does the no records found mean??? Also, can the attorney ask for expediting the name check process?? if so can you provide the details.. Thanks..

nother1inline said:
Does anyone know if you have to stay with the employer who filed 485 for a certain duration even after GC is approved?!

No set rules about time frame how long you have to stay
but definetly not if you leave immediately after obtaining GC where intent is being question at later stages of naturalization or if Employer complaints.

Let say if the condition spososered is closed its operation/moved out
Or
if they terminate the employee immediately
the reasons above may be valid for leaving that company.

this may be of some help more in next qurart (whisky) meeting.

pklam,
Please see the Qs you posted and corresponding Answers
Q: What is this FOIPA???
A: Freedom of Information and Privacy Act
Q: what does the no records found mean???
A: I believe and understood from the forums that there are no criminal records and other interesting info to Law enforcement organizations regarding that person.
Q: can the attorney ask for expediting the name check process??
A: I don't think. But attorney can request USCIS to expedite the GC process after priority date becomes current. In my case, attorney sent a request asking the status.

Thank you

gp111, thanks mate..that was very quick. God bless you and keep up the good work. Keep collecting blessings :) .

No, there is no compulsion in staying with the employer after obtaining your GC - employment is still at will. However, most people do continue working with the current employer for another 6 months or so - there is no rule that says you have to, but it is mostly by convention.

nother1inline said:

I sent an email to CSC about 3 months ago and got the resposne that NC is pending. How long should I wait and send another email. Is there a minimum number of days that I have to wait?

mnhrdc said:
No set rules about time frame how long you have to stay
but definetly not if you leave immediately after obtaining GC where intent is being question at later stages of naturalization or if Employer complaints.

Let say if the condition spososered is closed its operation/moved out
Or
if they terminate the employee immediately
the reasons above may be valid for leaving that company.

this may be of some help more in next qurart (whisky) meeting.

My understanding is that its upto the employee when to leave and he is not required to stay with the employer after he gets his GC. If leaving the employer after getting GC will cause problems then shouldnt AC21 cause even more problems?? Do anyone know of someone getting into problems bcoz of leaving the company after GC??

volleyball said:
My understanding is that its upto the employee when to leave and he is not required to stay with the employer after he gets his GC. If leaving the employer after getting GC will cause problems then shouldnt AC21 cause even more problems?? Do anyone know of someone getting into problems bcoz of leaving the company after GC??

There are no direct problems due to AC21 or due to leaving employer as soon as you get your GC. BUT be if changed jobs soon after getting GC (changing form new employer where one used AC-21 also) one should be prepared to justify his/her positive intent during naturalization (USCIS may like to double check if you have done any fraud if your whole reason of working with one perticular employer was GC). I have not heard anyone got into any trouble due to this.

gp111 said:
There are no direct problems due to AC21 or due to leaving employer as soon as you get your GC. BUT be if changed jobs soon after getting GC (changing form new employer where one used AC-21 also) one should be prepared to justify his/her positive intent during naturalization (USCIS may like to double check if you have done any fraud if your whole reason of working with one perticular employer was GC). I have not heard anyone got into any trouble due to this.
I agree with gp111. As far as I know, even lawyers recommend using AC21 only in desperate conditions, like layoffs, or workplace issues like disagreement with the management, very evident lack of growth in the position, etc. Again, there are no set rules, however, it should at least look like only purpose of your employment was not getting the GC. Remember, the GC is always for future employment.

Infopass - Which local office

My company attorneys are not sharing any updates with me. I know that attorneys can get more info then available on USCIS site which is not reliable and up to date in some cases, at least in mine LUD is not updated even after FP done, status is still just 'received'. So I want to setup an Infopass appointment to check on updates myself. Now my GC application is with California (CSC) but my current residence mentioned in I-485 is of TX, where I am actually residing for past 5 years. So my questions are
1. Which local office I should select for appointment, CA (having my app) or TX (where I am residing)?
2. What to expect from Infopass? Do I get info about my FP and name check as well?
3. Can my attorney avail this information without me having to go for infopass? If yes then I'll probably press them to get that info.
As always your responses are most welcome in this difficult time.

Regards
gunmaster

gunmaster said:
My company attorneys are not sharing any updates with me. I know that attorneys can get more info then available on USCIS site which is not reliable and up to date in some cases, at least in mine LUD is not updated even after FP done, status is still just 'received'. So I want to setup an Infopass appointment to check on updates myself. Now my GC application is with California (CSC) but my current residence mentioned in I-485 is of TX, where I am actually residing for past 5 years. So my questions are
1. Which local office I should select for appointment, CA (having my app) or TX (where I am residing)?

TX

2. What to expect from Infopass? Do I get info about my FP and name check as well?

NO

3. Can my attorney avail this information without me having to go for infopass? If yes then I'll probably press them to get that info.

You can ask your attoney to send an inquiry

As always your responses are most welcome in this difficult time.

Regards
gunmaster

You will get no information by visiting the USCIS office (Infopass). Did you send email ? or called Customer Services ?

LUD or Online messages are not at all accurate. 99.9% of FP results sent back to USCIS in less then 2 weeks so if your Online Status does not say FP Received does not mean FP results are pending.

gp111 said:
You will get no information by visiting the USCIS office (Infopass). Did you send email ? or called Customer Services ?

LUD or Online messages are not at all accurate. 99.9% of FP results sent back to USCIS in less then 2 weeks so if your Online Status does not say FP Received does not mean FP results are pending.
I did sent an email but no response yet. Don't know which number to call, customer service number 1 (800) 375-5283 gives just self service options, not sure which option to select to speak to somebody to know about FP and name check status. Thought infopass would help.