CSC I-485 Filing- May to Dec 2005 Tracking

lifeislife said:
Oh ok. Wow, in that case, I have a long way to go before I start anticipating anything with 485 status :)

Why do you say so ?? FP has no connections with Backgorund Check / Name Check.

gp111 said:

Isn't FP a pre-requisite to the FBI name check ?

As far as I heard, USCIS sends the FP results to FBI to complete background check.

gc_sparrow said:
Isn't FP a pre-requisite to the FBI name check ?

As far as I heard, USCIS sends the FP results to FBI to complete background check.

Nop Both are seperate process. FP is used to match with FBI data base. It is different then BC/NC.

BC/NC initiates when you file I-485.

biker said:
gp111, just curious - How do you know this for sure ?

I filed my 485 in early Sep'05 and had my FP done in Nov'05.
Haven't seen any LUD on my case even after the FP.
Emailed them...got a reply that there are no updates because the background security check by FBI is not complete.

If BC/NC and FP were 2 independent processes, at least I should have an LUD after my FP.

My BC/NC got completed in January & I did my FP last Tuesday (04/04/06).

^ Hmm..Interesting.

But for some reason, I still feel when it comes to USCIS/FBI - nothing is set in stone.

Can you advice!

Hi GP111,

I received an email from Office R. Cruz on March 28, 06, indicating my case will be reviewed and I will get a response in 30 days. Then on March 30, 06 I got an LUD on my I-485 case that the fingerprints review from FBI has been received and further processing is on... Please read my previous 2 posts.

Do you think I have completed my BC/NC or not? I did ask this question when I sent my email to CRIS on March 9, 2006, but they have not responded specifically about this to me.. Any information will the helpful!

Thanks,

gp111 said:

FunDesiDude said:
Hi GP111,

I received an email from Office R. Cruz on March 28, 06, indicating my case will be reviewed and I will get a response in 30 days. Then on March 30, 06 I got an LUD on my I-485 case that the fingerprints review from FBI has been received and further processing is on... Please read my previous 2 posts.

Do you think I have completed my BC/NC or not? I did ask this question when I sent my email to CRIS on March 9, 2006, but they have not responded specifically about this to me.. Any information will the helpful!

Thanks,

If Ms. Rebbeca Cruz's email is saying that your file will be processed in next 30 days means everything is complete in your case including BC/NC/FP, you will see Approval very soon. I would not give any importance to LUD as its very random.. may be the results of your FP got received in few days after FP but you never got FP & now you have LUD for FP.. I have seen in many many cases got approval with any single LUD... My I-140 got approved in Jan-12th, i got hard copy on 15th and for last almost three months it was saying its still under process .. now its saying I-140 got approved on April 3rd 2006.. so don't rely on LUD too much.

gp111 said:

How do you know your BC/NC got completed in Jan. Can i send email to check status of my BC/NC even if PD is not current?

Last edited by a moderator:
shaaka said:
How do you know your BC/NC got completed in Jan. Can i send email to check status of my BC/NC even if PD is not current?

Lot of people send email even if the PD is not current, it increases their load & some times they don't reply some times they do.

I sent email in Jan to find out why I had not received FP notice even after 6 months of my ND. Luckly in reply they told me that my NC/BC is complete & only FP result is required to make my file ready to approve.

gp111 said:
That's yet another confirmation that it's the ND that initiates the NC not FP. The reason I'm saying this is that as of Feb 17 my NC was not clear and the attorney 'guessed' that it might be due to the fact that I did the FP right around the same time and USCIS 'may' need the FP to do the NC.

I don't know what to do...

140/485/131/765: ND 08/05
140: AD 02/29
FP: ~ 03/05

Hey GP,

Are you sure about the fact that CSC has not moved most I-485s whose I-140s are already approved? Or rather where did you get this info from?

nother1inline said:
Hey GP,

Are you sure about the fact that CSC has not moved most I-485s whose I-140s are already approved? Or rather where did you get this info from?

I am sure about my case & few cases from our company. Our Attorney also confirmed it. Also, everyone whose case got moved got LUD, email & message change about transfer.

Bi-specialization plan is for Filing of I-129 and I-140 Petitions to perticular Service Center along with associated applications. So all New & most pending I-140 will be moved to Nebraska and Texas Service Centers. The I-140s which are already processed (& concurrently filed with I-485) does not affect due to this change.

gp111 said:

Oh ... I was under the misconception then that BC/NC is triggered by FP. After reading this thread back to front, I realized it is not the case.

I will wait for the response from CSC ... I simply requested status on our WAC#'s so I hope I get some information on what is going on with my BC/NC.

Thanks, gp.

I-485 approved!

Both of my I-485s were approved today. There was one LUD on March 30 without message change and another one today - approved message this time. Non-retrogressed country. Status message does not mention the card, just approval notice have been mailed...
Good luck to all of you!

I 485 Approved

Got the wonderful mail today. Received a mail confimring both mine and also my wifes 485 approval. Thanks a bunch for all the help. Hope everyone get out of this very soon.GP, a special thanks to you. Do you guys know how long it will take to get the cards? Also I did not receive a mail saying your cards have been mailed yet.

saremari said:
Got the wonderful mail today. Received a mail confimring both mine and also my wifes 485 approval. Thanks a bunch for all the help. Hope everyone get out of this very soon.GP, a special thanks to you. Do you guys know how long it will take to get the cards? Also I did not receive a mail saying your cards have been mailed yet.

What's your PD and country?