CSC I-485 Filing- May to Dec 2005 Tracking

Got FP for my wife for Apr28. Still waiting for mine

Hi Gp11,
after the email I got from uscis I got FP scheduled notice for my wife today. Still waiting for mine.

Do it go in to namecheck after FP? or before?

san_user said:
Hi Gp11,
after the email I got from uscis I got FP scheduled notice for my wife today. Still waiting for mine.

Do it go in to namecheck after FP? or before?

Name check has no connection with FP. My NC was done before I went for FP.

Hi, San_User

My PD July 05 also current from May
We are 5 family memebrs
My daughter did (Code2) FP in March and Me, wife and 2 children haven't get Fp.
CSC I140 AD Jan 05
Attorney sent email last week for FP.

Received approval emails today!

CSC EB2 Concurrent RD May 27, 2005 PD April 2002.

Thanks to everyone (GP111 especially) in the forum for the support.

After Approval

Hi,

After the 485 approval, how long will it take to get the cards and the approval notice.

Thanks,
-Jonny

485 questions

Hi All,

I am currently at 485 with 140 approved. My PD will be current next month, May 1st. I read through some of the postings in the forums and found out that you are able to know if the name check is already done or not and what is the progress of your case. Can some one tell me how to do that. I though my company lawyers can only do that. I did check the online status and it tells me nothing (which could also mean that nothing has happened).

Both, me and my wife, had out FP done last Nov. When I check my case status it shows that FP's have been received but when I check my wife's status it shows nothing. Is it common that they dont update the status online?

Thanks

Hi guys,

I haven't followed the forum for some time. I know that cases are being transfered to texas center ( i believe cases that are not touched yet). CSC in the latest reports has deleted the line items for 140 and 485 so does it mean that those of us who are still in CSC do not have any way to follow the application processing date?!

485 status

I filed my 485 in August (ND: Aug 10) and haven't received any FP notice yet.

I sent a mail to CSC-XII.485@dhs.gov about 10 days ago asking about status of FP notice and my name check. Here is the reply I got:

"You will be scheduled for fingerprints and biometrics as soon as the ASC in your Area has an opening. You will receive the appointment notice in the mail.

M. Bueno "

- What does ASC in your Area mean? I live in San Jose, CA. Any idea how long it will take for the ASC to have an opening. Is there a number for the ASC I can call to find out?
- The mail didnt say anything about the name check clearance even though I asked about it in my mail. Can I infer anything from this mail or should I reply to the officer and ask specifically about the name check?

Details:
EB2 India. LC approved in July 05.
I-140: ND: Aug 10. RFE in Feb '06. Approved Apr 4, 06
I-485: ND: Aug 10 (No FP yet)
Priority Date: April 02

Thanks much!

Last edited by a moderator:
volleyball said:
Hi All,

I am currently at 485 with 140 approved. My PD will be current next month, May 1st. I read through some of the postings in the forums and found out that you are able to know if the name check is already done or not and what is the progress of your case. Can some one tell me how to do that. I though my company lawyers can only do that. I did check the online status and it tells me nothing (which could also mean that nothing has happened).

Both, me and my wife, had out FP done last Nov. When I check my case status it shows that FP's have been received but when I check my wife's status it shows nothing. Is it common that they dont update the status online?

Thanks

You can send email to CSC-XII.485@dhs.gov after May 1st & request them to approve the case if every thing is done you will get approval if not you will get response line Name Check is pending etc.

It is very common not to see updates on website

shahramt said:
Hi guys,

I haven't followed the forum for some time. I know that cases are being transfered to texas center ( i believe cases that are not touched yet). CSC in the latest reports has deleted the line items for 140 and 485 so does it mean that those of us who are still in CSC do not have any way to follow the application processing date?!

Not all I-485s been transferred to CSC. Most cases for which I-140 were approved before the transfer I-485s are still in CSC

sn2004 said:
I filed my 485 in August (ND: Aug 10) and haven't received any FP notice yet.

I sent a mail to CSC-XII.485@dhs.gov about 10 days ago asking about status of FP notice and my name check. Here is the reply I got:

"You will be scheduled for fingerprints and biometrics as soon as the ASC in your Area has an opening. You will receive the appointment notice in the mail.

M. Bueno "

- What does ASC in your Area mean? I live in San Jose, CA. Any idea how long it will take for the ASC to have an opening. Is there a number for the ASC I can call to find out?

ASC = Application Support Center, Its at 122 Charcot Avenue, San Jose, CA 95131-1101 for SAN JOSE resident like your self.

- The mail didnt say anything about the name check clearance even though I asked about it in my mail. Can I infer anything from this mail or should I reply to the officer and ask specifically about the name check?

Most of the time they reply in their own way & its difficult to make them answer exactly what you want. Wait for some time after you FP and send email around May 1st again

Thanks much!

shahramt said:
Hi guys,

Is your NC done?

LUD changed on spouse's case

I noticed this morning that LUD on my spouse's case changed to today. There is no change in the message. No change on my case either. Wonder what's goin'on. When we got FP done in Oct. 2005, LUD and the message on my case changed within a week to the following:

"[t]he results of your fingerprint review for your I485 Application to Register Permanent Residence or to Adjust Status were received, and processing has resumed on your case."

There was no change in LUD or the message on spouse's case. In fact, we received second fingerprinting notice in December due to "unclassifiable" fingerprints for her.

HopeAlive said:
I noticed this morning that LUD on my spouse's case changed to today. There is no change in the message. No change on my case either. Wonder what's goin'on. When we got FP done in Oct. 2005, LUD and the message on my case changed within a week to the following:

"[t]he results of your fingerprint review for your I485 Application to Register Permanent Residence or to Adjust Status were received, and processing has resumed on your case."

There was no change in LUD or the message on spouse's case. In fact, we received second fingerprinting notice in December due to "unclassifiable" fingerprints for her.

Same for me but instead of spouse, the LUD was on my 485 without any message change, we also did FP in Oct 2005...don't know whats going on.

gc_sparrow said:
Same for me but instead of spouse, the LUD was on my 485 without any message change, we also did FP in Oct 2005...don't know whats going on.
What is LUD?? I see in many of your signatures you have LUD date. Is it something that will be written in your online status??
Mine and my wife's 485 number starts with WAC0525*****.
This is what it says in my case status : "On November 10, 2005, the results of your fingerprint review for your I485 Application to Register Permanent Residence or to Adjust Status were received, and processing has resumed on your case. We will mail you a notice if further action is needed, or when a decision is made."

volleyball said:
What is LUD?? I see in many of your signatures you have LUD date. Is it something that will be written in your online status??
This is what it says in my case status : "On November 10, 2005, the results of your fingerprint review for your I485 Application to Register Permanent Residence or to Adjust Status were received, and processing has resumed on your case. We will mail you a notice if further action is needed, or when a decision is made."
LUD stands for Last Update Date. The date on which your case was last updated in the USCIS system. Not every LUD change has an associated message change.

volleyball said:

LUD = LAST UPDATE DATE

See the attached Picture file.

After 485 Approval

Hi,

My PD is May10 2002, EB2 India. My 485 was approved on April 7th and today I got the email form uCSIS as follows:

"On April 11, 2006, the card order was completed and we mailed the applicant's new card directly to him or her. If 30 days have passed and you have not received this card, you may wish to verify or update your address. To update your address, please call the National Customer Service Center at (800) 375-5283."

Amazingly fast, coz my PD was cuurent on April 1st. And in less than 2 weeks, I am gonna get the cards.

Thanks,
-Jonny