CSC I-485 Filing- May to Dec 2005 Tracking

desibond said:
Hi,
Today I got the approval for I-485 for myself and spouse. I sent an email query on March 21 regarding cross-chargeability. I got a reply on 24th saying they will review my file for cross-chargeability and respond within 60 days. But within a week I got the approval email. Thanx a lot to you guys for all the help.
I have a question: I am currently in India, What do I need to enter the country? will AP be still valid? Thanx and good luck to you all.

-Cheers
VG
I-485: RD:9/29/05 Approved:03/29/06
I-140: RD:9/29/05 Approved: 03/04/06
PD: 12/2002

Hi all,
Does this mean that the PD is moved beyond July 1st 2002 as indicated by the current visa bulliten?
If so is desibond's case the latest one that any one has heard of ?

Also, If one uses a sub-LC is'nt I-140 PD the PD of the case based on which the case should be processed?
If so is FunDesiDude's case just an anomaly?

Please shed some light....

Cheers..

navdod said:
Hi all,
Does this mean that the PD is moved beyond July 1st 2002 as indicated by the current visa bulliten?

PD cutoff for India is July 1st 2002 from April 01 2006
If so is desibond's case the latest one that any one has heard of ?

Desibond got approved because of cross chargebility as his spouse is born in UK & PD is current for UK

Also, If one uses a sub-LC is'nt I-140 PD the PD of the case based on which the case should be processed?

No.. Its LC's original PD
If so is FunDesiDude's case just an anomaly?

Please shed some light....

Cheers..

Last edited by a moderator:
LC sub -- Dilema on filing I140 only or concurrent

Hi:
Can some one tell me whether it is advisible to go for concurrent filing or file I140 first and file I1485 after I140 approval?

I was offered by my company a LC sub with PD July 1, 2002 EB2 though my august 2001 case still pending at BEC. I'm on 7th year extension based on my LC pending at BEC

What are the pros and cons?

Thanks! in advance...

waiting forLC said:
Hi:
Can some one tell me whether it is advisible to go for concurrent filing or file I140 first and file I1485 after I140 approval?

I was offered by my company a LC sub with PD July 1, 2002 EB2 though my august 2001 case still pending at BEC. I'm on 7th year extension based on my LC pending at BEC

Thanks! in advance...

I would go for concurrent filing.. Biggest pro is Time saving.. You will get approval of I-140 & I-485 at the same time. There are not much CON unless there is something wrong with LC or company

waiting forLC said:
Hi:

Thanks! in advance...
Thanks! gp111. That is what I thought -- time saving. But my company has advised the attorney not to file concurrently by default unless the employee specifically ask. So, I'll be asking for concurrent filing.. Thanks! once again

No FP Yet

Hi all,
After 2 weeks i got reply back about FP. i dont know if i get approval anytime soon. any April/May guys getting approved?

===
These cases are already stored in the fingerprint scheduling system. However, the USCIS San Diego office is full to capacity and is not currently accepting new appointments at this time. Once appointment slots become available, these applicants will drop into the scheduler and the appointment notices will be sent out at that time. Please advise if the appointment notices are not received after 30 days. Thank you.

Officer R. Cruz
=====

Hey guys,

What is this news on Murthy.com about 15000 cases being transferred from CSC to TSC?!! Anybody has any info on which cases are being transferred. My case becomes current on April 1 - I sure hope it doesn't impact anything - anybody with any info, please post

san_user said:
Hi all,
After 2 weeks i got reply back about FP. i dont know if i get approval anytime soon. any April/May guys getting approved?

===
These cases are already stored in the fingerprint scheduling system. However, the USCIS San Diego office is full to capacity and is not currently accepting new appointments at this time. Once appointment slots become available, these applicants will drop into the scheduler and the appointment notices will be sent out at that time. Please advise if the appointment notices are not received after 30 days. Thank you.

Officer R. Cruz
=====

you will not get approval without FP. You will have to wait for FP. Contact them again after about a week & ask for FP again

san_user said:
Hi all,

===

Officer R. Cruz
=====
Try San Marcos center. They have plenty of spots available.

nother1inline said:
Hey guys,

What is this news on Murthy.com about 15000 cases being transferred from CSC to TSC?!! Anybody has any info on which cases are being transferred. My case becomes current on April 1 - I sure hope it doesn't impact anything - anybody with any info, please post
Two of my buddies got e-mail/mail from USCIS that their cases have been transferred to TSC. NDs are in late Oct and late Nov.

The attorney told me that 15k cases have been transferred as CSC is falling behind from other service centers. He said CSs have been doing this for a while for H1Bs.

I think it's good news for all as this is to accelerate the process and avoid the backlog.

nother1inline said:
Hey guys,

form what i read everywhere only cases with I-140 pending are moved to TSC/NCS. so most likely we are fine.

Help needed in deciphering status enquiry response

Dear gurus,

After a long wait (since Mar 13) we received response from Officer R. Cruz as follows. We sent out seperate e-mails for status enquiry on the same day. Our dates will become current from April 1st.

My case response:
=======================================================
This case is scheduled for distribution to the adjudications officer
within the next 30 days since a visa will be available in April. Thank
you.

However the response for my spouse was as follows:
==================================================
The background security check for this case appears to still be pending. I am ordering your file to verify that this process has been initiated to the FBI. Therefore, please allow an additional 60-90 days for the background check process. Thank you for your continued patience with this process.
I was thinking there would be no background check on the dependent. What does this probably mean?

I appreciate your views on this.

Regards,
-Manu

geekwantsgc said:
I was thinking there would be no background check on the dependent. What does this probably mean?

Background check is reqired for every AOSer including dependents.

Last edited by a moderator:
geekwantsgc said:
Dear gurus,

Regards,
-Manu

It means you will get approval soon & your spouse might have to wait for some time. Background Check is done for everyone

Guys,

As my case is getting current on April 1st what do you think the time frame would be to get any kind of response on my 485? Any guess would be help.

geekwantsgc said:
Dear gurus,

After a long wait (since Mar 13) we received response from Officer R. Cruz as follows. We sent out seperate e-mails for status enquiry on the same day. Our dates will become current from April 1st.

My case response:
This case is scheduled for distribution to the adjudications officer
within the next 30 days since a visa will be available in April. Thank
you.

However the response for my spouse was as follows:
The background security check for this case appears to still be pending. I am ordering your file to verify that this process has been initiated to the FBI. Therefore, please allow an additional 60-90 days for the background check process. Thank you for your continued patience with this process.

Regards,
-Manu

What is your PD, EB classification and country of citizenship?

Where will the card be mailed?

Quick question guys, will the card send to the lawyer or directly to the home address listed on the application?

thanks~

Hiding under the rocks under the burden of stigma and shame.

Didn't you hear ? We have been raped yet again (by name check).

Let us know when you get those cards and ride into the sunset.

Hope springs eternal.

nother1inline said:
No posts for a while - where is everybody?

qwerty1111 said:
Hiding under the rocks under the burden of stigma and shame.

Didn't you hear ? We have been raped yet again (by name check).

Let us know when you get those cards and ride into the sunset.

Hope springs eternal.

Sorry for opening your wounds - actually we got raped (yet again!) with the cases being transferred and not knowing which ones. I was just hoping we could share our ignominies here :)