CSC I-485 Filing- May to Dec 2005 Tracking

Received response from CSC

Hi All,

I just received an email from the CSC in response to my query about my case. Following was the content :
------------------------
This case is scheduled to be reviewed by an officer shortly, within the next 30 days. Thank you.

Officer R. Cruz
California Service Center
Congressional & Customer Service Relations
Division XII
--------------

What does this mean? Anybody received this email and then an approval soon?

Thanks.

You should be getting the approval in 30 days. Congrats and Good luck.
Can you please tell when did you send the enquiry.
Regards,
Raj.

FunDesiDude said:
Hi All,

I just received an email from the CSC in response to my query about my case. Following was the content :
------------------------
This case is scheduled to be reviewed by an officer shortly, within the next 30 days. Thank you.

Officer R. Cruz
California Service Center
Congressional & Customer Service Relations
Division XII
--------------

What does this mean? Anybody received this email and then an approval soon?

Thanks.

Hi Raj,

I emailed them on March 9, 2006 and got a reply on March 28, 2006.

Thanks
rajrw said:
You should be getting the approval in 30 days. Congrats and Good luck.
Can you please tell when did you send the enquiry.
Regards,
Raj.

Got the approval email saying " After approving your case, we ordered a new card. We mail you the card as soon as it is ready"

Good luck to all of you guys

Thanks a lot. Even if I did not post any messages here, I am a regular follower of this forum and helped me a lot in knowing about the whole process of GC.
Thanks again to every one involved

gsri said:
Hi,

I am a silent watcher of this thread and got a lot of info on this thread just by watching all your replies. I sent a query to USCIS on Mar9th and got a reply today. I actually asked for the Name Check status.

Reply from Mr Cruz

I'm ordering these cases to complete the final adjudication. Please
allow 2-3 weeks for this process. Thank you.

Is this mean my case is approved?

140 - AD 12/06
485 - RD 08/05/05
PD Jan 01

Thank you. Need the Emailaddress

Thanks GP111 for your reply. I don't know the email address and the format (if any) for checking after the PD becomes current. Can you pls. let me know these. Thanks in advance.

CSC EB-2
I-485 RD:09/19/05 ND:09/21/05
PD : 09/26/2002 INDIA

gp111 said:
Nothing required from our side. Once PD becomes current we should get approval, We can send them email on May 1st & request to approve to speed up a little bit.

means you will possibly be called for an interview

matt30 said:
I got this email from Mr, Bueno,

"The I-485 is located with the San Francisco District Office. You will have to contact them directly concerning any questions with your case. We have no jurisdiction over your case at this time."

What does it mean? everyone get something similar? Please give your comments

Thanks

gsri said:
Got the approval email saying " After approving your case, we ordered a new card. We mail you the card as soon as it is ready"

Good luck to all of you guys

Thanks a lot. Even if I did not post any messages here, I am a regular follower of this forum and helped me a lot in knowing about the whole process of GC.
Thanks again to every one involved

What are your dates and EB classification?

Guys please share your experience

My I-485 is transferred to san francisco office and there is no word why they have transferred my case. I talked to my lawyer and she doesn't know it either. That's very dissappointing.

Do you think this transfering is part of the transfer process that CSC wants to get rid of all I-485 cases to focus on their new bi-specialization?; Or, they want to audit my case? This is crazy.

I am worried.

Thanks in advance

Last edited by a moderator:
RFE on I-485

After a series of LUD changes, I received an email indicating RFE on my I-485 today.

We mailed a notice requesting additional evidence or information in this case. The notice explains in detail what additional material is needed. If you have questions about the notice, what is required, or if 30 days have passed and you have not received the notice. Please contact the service center where you submitted your application during business hours....

I have not seen the RFE, should be arriving in 5-6 business days.

I have the following questions, if knowledgeable people could answer:

1. Do I get a copy of RFE from USCIS, or only lawyer gets it?
2. For what are the RFEs generally issued for in a I-485 case? I would guess Medical or Birth certificate. What else could be the reason?

I just want to be prepared to address it when it comes.

-fan123

ds13 said:

That would amount to wrongful intent on your part when you applied for a GC & misrepresented the facts. Its acceptable that circumstances changed, but still you should stick around for a while.

On technical grounds, nothing's stopping you from doing it though....
So its okay to change jobs while 485 is pending (using AC-21) - but after its approved, it would amount to wrongful intent? I didn't quite plan on staying in one company for 5 years when I applied for GC, though. Weird people.

fan123 said:
1. Do I get a copy of RFE from USCIS, or only lawyer gets it?
2. For what are the RFEs generally issued for in a I-485 case? I would guess Medical or Birth certificate. What else could be the reason?

-fan123

1. No. Only lawyer gets RFE. You can request a copy from him.
2. I've got vaccination record RFE - it was missing (or so they say).

Immigrationwatch - what is that about?!

Guys,

How authentic is immigrationwatch.com - I just went there and saw a BUNCH of 485s cleared with RDs after Aug'05. I mean, I kind of knew that the official June'05 date was a little too pessimistic but the data on immigrationwatch.com is startling!! I hope it's authentic - any inputs anybody?

nother1inline said:
Guys,

How authentic is immigrationwatch.com - I just went there and saw a BUNCH of 485s cleared with RDs after Aug'05. I mean, I kind of knew that the official June'05 date was a little too pessimistic but the data on immigrationwatch.com is startling!! I hope it's authentic - any inputs anybody?

It is true...my RD is Sep 28th and mine was approved on Marh 14th...after 3 days I recieved the cards for me and spouse...

kolangal said:
It is true...my RD is Sep 28th and mine was approved on Marh 14th...after 3 days I recieved the cards for me and spouse...

What are your dates? And are you from a retrogressed country?

nother1inline said:
What are your dates? And are you from a retrogressed country?

Yes am from retogressed country. My PD became current on March 1st. My Labor PD is Dec 2001 and my 140 was approved in April 2005

finally got it approved!!!!

Hi,
Today I got the approval for I-485 for myself and spouse. I sent an email query on March 21 regarding cross-chargeability. I got a reply on 24th saying they will review my file for cross-chargeability and respond within 60 days. But within a week I got the approval email. Thanx a lot to you guys for all the help.
I have a question: I am currently in India, What do I need to enter the country? will AP be still valid? Thanx and good luck to you all.

-Cheers
VG
I-485: RD:9/29/05 Approved:03/29/06
I-140: RD:9/29/05 Approved: 03/04/06
PD: 12/2002

kolangal said:
Yes am from retogressed country. My PD became current on March 1st. My Labor PD is Dec 2001 and my 140 was approved in April 2005

Nice to see that you got approved 2 weeks after you became current! Did you send them an email after you becamse current? Did you have an earlier email stating your name check was clear? Or nothing at all before getting the approval!

nother1inline said:
Nice to see that you got approved 2 weeks after you became current! Did you send them an email after you becamse current? Did you have an earlier email stating your name check was clear? Or nothing at all before getting the approval!

I did send them an email asking about my Name Check as soon as I became current and got a reply one week later stating my case will be reviewed within 90 days. I got the approvals 1 week after I got the reply. I think you dont lose anything by sending an email. Am not sure if it is going to speed up the process but atleast you can be assured about the Namecheck being cleared or stuck based on the reply. Good luck!!

Another Email from USCIS

Hi All,
So I received another email today from USCIS. Following are the contents. This is only for myself. I did not receive any email regarding my spouses case! Can someone tell me if my name check is cleared? Is this email good news?
===================================
The following is the latest information on your case status
Receipt Number: WAC0525XXXXXX
Application Type: I485 , Application to Register Permanent Residence or
to Adjust Status
Current Status:
On XXXXX 00, 2005, the results of your fingerprint review for your
I485 Application to Register Permanent Residence or to Adjust Status
were received, and processing has resumed on your case. We will mail you a
notice if further action is needed, or when a decision is made.
If you have questions or concerns about your application or the case
status results listed above, or if you have not received a decision or
advice from USCIS within the projected processing time frame*, please
contact the National Customer Service Center.
National Customer Service Center (800) 375-5283.
*The projected processing time frame can be found on the receipt notice
that you received from the USCIS.
*** Please do not respond to this e-mail message.
Sincerely,
The U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS)
=======================================