CSC I-485 Filing- May to Dec 2005 Tracking

When is name check done?

Hi gp111,

Thanks! When is the name check done? After my PD becomes current? I have heard of several people getting stuck in the name check stage. How long do you think it might take once my PD becomes current. What are the steps remaining. My PD is March 2003, EB2. At the rate the EB2/PD is moving for India, it might be current in 2-3 months. Hope I am not too optimistic.

Thanks,

Rajib

gp111 said:
Nothing required from your side now.. Also you PD is still bit far from current date so no use of query ( you will get a standard reply "Visa not available for your case"). Send an query when you see your PD becoming current in Visa Bulletin.

How did you know name check is complete?

Hi,

How did you know your name check is complete? Is it from an automated case status email (via the case status website) or did you inquire personally? Did you get this before or after your PD became current?

Thanks,

Rajib

nother1inline said:
I am in a similar situation except that I have recd. response that my name check is complete. I'd suggest, check on the name check so you are sure. As for the 485 processing date, we've seen guys with much later dates get cleared as long as their PD comes current. I think it used to resolve FIFO only if the PD's of multiple applicants are being considered - anyway, I don't know how many of us really believe this whole thing is FIFO :)

SEcurity Check is pending Result from FBI

Received reply from Office R CRUS that my security check is pending from FBI. I sent email on 03/01 asking for name check. I think Name check and security check are same.

For my wife they have already sent RFE on 03/14

rajibghosh said:
Hi gp111,

Thanks! When is the name check done? After my PD becomes current? I have heard of several people getting stuck in the name check stage. How long do you think it might take once my PD becomes current. What are the steps remaining. My PD is March 2003, EB2. At the rate the EB2/PD is moving for India, it might be current in 2-3 months. Hope I am not too optimistic.

Thanks,

Rajib

Name Check has no connections with PD or FP. It gets initiated as soon as you file I-485. It takes 2 days to 2 years !..

Also, if they don't run out for quota of 2006 then 3 to 4 months is good guess.

hi gp111,

got this reply from Officer R Cruz

"Yes, our systems indicate that you have completed the fingerprints and
biometrics on 10/15/2005, even though the online status website does not
state that. Your background security check however, is still pending a
result by the FBI."

I guess i am stuck with name check then. What should we do now? Can you please advice? Is background security check for every applicant or is it only for some applicants?

Regards,
Raj.

gp111 said:
Name Check has no connections with PD or FP. It gets initiated as soon as you file I-485. It takes 2 days to 2 years !..

Also, if they don't run out for quota of 2006 then 3 to 4 months is good guess.

rajrw said:
hi gp111,

got this reply from Officer R Cruz

"Yes, our systems indicate that you have completed the fingerprints and
biometrics on 10/15/2005, even though the online status website does not
state that. Your background security check however, is still pending a
result by the FBI."

I guess i am stuck with name check then. What should we do now? Can you please advice? Is background security check for every applicant or is it only for some applicants?

Regards,
Raj.

For all applicants

Is their anything we can and should do now? Considering that my ND is Aug 26, 2005, I guess it is too early to contact some senator?

Regards,
Raj.

Received 485 approval email

Guys,

Just wanted to share the good news, after 2 days after gettin reply from M.Bueno, I received my 485 approval email, still waiting for my wife's approval though.

Good Luck to you all!!

-RagsGC.

ragsGC said:
Guys,

Just wanted to share the good news, after 2 days after gettin reply from M.Bueno, I received my 485 approval email, still waiting for my wife's approval though.

Good Luck to you all!!

-RagsGC.

Your PD, EB Classification, 485 RD - please?

rajrw said:
Is their anything we can and should do now? Considering that my ND is Aug 26, 2005, I guess it is too early to contact some senator?
My question too. My ND 08/05/2005 and 485 is pending namecheck...

gp111 said:
Originally Posted by mnhrdc
To Principal and al derivate Applicants
Just adding some comments
1.Filing I-485 and untill Adjudication they are in Legal status.
2.EAD is a must and be valid if required to Work anywhere in US.
If you have H1, EAD is not required
3.EAD can be used for secondary jobs if continue to work with principal sponsor.
4.AP must be availble and should be valid if required to Travel outside the country
Do not need AP if you are in H1/H4 status

All said and done All depts of Govt does not know this. I have trouble with DMV in renewal of Driver license for dependents. They demand SSN or an VISA
For this reason i have to apply for EAD to my depndent members to obtain a ssn even though they may not work. :-(

Agree on GP is valued comments but still want to clarify

1.After filing I-485 If you travel outside the Country YOU MUST Require AP
Else it amounts abondining of AOS.

2.While entering US ports you can use either AP or H Visas (if you have valid h visas)
3. If you maintain H1 visa you can'nt have secondary Jobs with EAD.

4.Once you use EAD you will loose H visa

There are + and -ve benifits of using EAD or maintaining H visa after filing I-485

mnhrdc said:
Agree on GP is valued comments but still want to clarify

1After filing I-485 If you travel outside the Country YOU MUST Require AP
Else it amounts abondining of AOS

You do not need AP to return if you have H1/4 or L1/2/4 Visa. If one is in H or L status they can continue on H/L & using H/L does not abandon AOS

Biometrics done

My wife and I went to the ASC in San Jose last Friday and completed the Biometrics (code 3 for both of us). Got an LUD on 3/18, most likely for update of biometrics.

Since my case becomes current on Apr 1, does anyone know have any idea long the wait is for me?

(signature updated)

hi,

LUD changed to 03/18/2006, probably due to the reply from Mr. Cruz that background checking is still pending from FBI.

gp111 and others,
can we contact FBI and find if the background checking is done for my application. I remember reading like this before from here. Can you please tell if their is any contact number and if it is fine to contact them.

Regards,
Raj.

LUDs

Having an LUD is alright but not getting one should not send anyone in panic at all. I have no LUD or email on my 140 approval and the approved doc is sitting with me for over a month!!

background security check

hi Gurus,

when is the background security check intiated. Is it along with the finger prints.

I found this link :
http://www.immihelp.com/immigration/fingerprints.html

It tells about fingerprint status check, and the number to contact to find if they are done. I called them and found they received the request and responded on same day.

Is this different from the background security check?

Regards,
Raj.

rajrw,

if they follow the book then name check should be initiated "soon after" 485 filing.

else they initiate name check whenever they hell they feel like.

folks on this forum have posted NAME CHECK start dates both close to their 485 filing dates and also much later.

pick your bet ...

rajrw said:
hi Gurus,

when is the background security check intiated. Is it along with the finger prints.

I found this link :

It tells about fingerprint status check, and the number to contact to find if they are done. I called them and found they received the request and responded on same day.

Regards,
Raj.

Last edited by a moderator:
rajrw said:
hi Gurus,

I found this link :

Regards,
Raj.

Name check is different then FP (Security) Check. Please see the attachments for further details

Hi gp111,
Thank you very much for the information.
Best Regards,
Raj.

gp111 said:
Name check is different then FP (Security) Check. Please see the attachments for further details