CSC I-485 Filing- May to Dec 2005 Tracking

recent fp's doesn't mean namecheck cleared

I talked to the Immigration Officer at Infopass, San Jose. My name check is still pending :( which means the recent FP's which we got when the cases were transfered meant nothing. The officer told it could take any time from 2 weeks to 5 years. 1 year and 8 months passed so far -> couple of years more to go.

Regards,
Raj

I talked to the Immigration Officer at Infopass, San Jose. My name check is still pending :( which means the recent FP's which we got when the cases were transfered meant nothing. The officer told it could take any time from 2 weeks to 5 years. 1 year and 8 months passed so far -> couple of years more to go.

Regards,
Raj

As USCIS claims it has no control over FBI the officer's answer means one and only one thing : it could take from 2 weeks to 5 years for USCIS to approve an I-485 _after_ namecheck is cleared. (assuming USCIS's officers always tell only truth) :D

Regards,
Raj

This is bad news if they increased from 3 to 5 yrs, then we should get another 2nd 3yr extension of H1.

I realy dont understand how they dont have any information about us duing name check when we are legal immigrants, staying in same location and same company for more than 6 yrs (atelaset in my case).

GOD save whom ??

Guys,
I just got off from my call to my lawyer. My case iw stuck in the name check and my lawyer informed me that the FBI might ask for my finger prints if they deem it necessary and if that gets cleared, I have a better chance of getting my GC approved quicker. Else I will have to wait until the FBI clears my name and the USCIS gets the confirmation.

So some of you who have gottten their second FP notices might have gotten it from the FBI. If so, could you confirm/

thanks
Hans

Guys,
I just got off from my call to my lawyer. My case iw stuck in the name check and my lawyer informed me that the FBI might ask for my finger prints if they deem it necessary and if that gets cleared, I have a better chance of getting my GC approved quicker. Else I will have to wait until the FBI clears my name and the USCIS gets the confirmation.

So some of you who have gottten their second FP notices might have gotten it from the FBI. If so, could you confirm/

thanks
Hans

i got it from NSC. but i think even if fbi needs a new FP, it goes through CIS.

Update

I finished up 2nd FP on March 2nd and had two LUD's. I have not heard anything after that. USCIS have confirmed that my namecheck has been cleared but looks like they don't want to approve. No idea what is holding them back?? Any recommendations for me??? Will Infopass do any good??? Thanks..

I dont think it was from FBI. In my case my namecheck is pending and my wife's namecheck is cleared. But both of us got the FP notices. But when I went for infopass on two days back, the immigration officer was surprised that I got a FP notice when my namecheck is pending. She told sometimes they pick your case even if your namecheck is pending. I think it is more related to the transfer of our cases to NSC.

If your theory is right, the phone line for verifying the FP with FBI is still active. They will respond if your FP is received by them or not.

Regards,
Raj

Guys,
I just got off from my call to my lawyer. My case is stuck in the name check and my lawyer informed me that the FBI might ask for my finger prints if they deem it necessary and if that gets cleared, I have a better chance of getting my GC approved quicker. Else I will have to wait until the FBI clears my name and the USCIS gets the confirmation.

thanks
Hans

I dont think it was from FBI. In my case my namecheck is pending and my wife's namecheck is cleared. But both of us got the FP notices. But when I went for infopass on two days back, the immigration officer was surprised that I got a FP notice when my namecheck is pending. She told sometimes they pick your case even if your namecheck is pending. I think it is more related to the transfer of our cases to NSC.

If your theory is right, the phone line for verifying the FP with FBI is still active. They will respond if your FP is received by them or not.

Regards,
Raj

Finger prints are valid for only 15 months.
NSC centers will issue FP's notice once they are NOT valid.

I got confirmation from NSC center and Congressman office that fbi name check has not yet been cleared. Currently FBI are taking 10-15 weeks to respond to congressmens office inquiry( by law they need to give status to congressmens inquiry but doenst mean they process earlier.)

Unfortunately the waiting period continues but i enjoy the bright side that everybody here are looking in FP notices.

Guys,
My case is still with TSC. Its not transferred to NSC or I havent gotten any LUD on it being transferred.

Warm Regards
Hans

if i were you i see the bright side since no where they mentioned it is pending for name check else they would have mentioned.
The second letter is recent and definetly looks under process OR i would say

if you dont recive any RFE you must start watchin the LUD changes online.
Dont read too much of 60 days, they general say that for max period so that you can contact them after the expiry of that day.

Info pass does not reveal any thing better than online information which they do from there computers.( my experiece)

You are almost there, prepare to relax for celebration.

Thank mnhrdc,
But I still don't trust uscis when they say u should wait for 60 day, koz in August 2006, they sent me the same letter that said ur case is currently under review, u should receive a decision....within 60 days but the only thing that chance is my online messag in November 2006 : Fingerprints review completed but no lud since 2005.:confused: :confused: :confused:
I am still waitin for the approval:mad: :mad: :mad: , do u think my approval will be very soon ? or do i have to wait till next year ?

Thank mnhrdc,
But I still don't trust uscis when they say u should wait for 60 day, koz in August 2006, they sent me the same letter that said ur case is currently under review, u should receive a decision....within 60 days but the only thing that chance is my online messag in November 2006 : Fingerprints review completed but no lud since 2005.:confused: :confused: :confused:
I am still waitin for the approval:mad: :mad: :mad: , do u think my approval will be very soon ? or do i have to wait till next year ?

I may be wrong but i understand Fingerprint review and Name check are be different

You get FP review immediately after submission of FP where as Name check is taking long wait if you dont hear with in 60 days time frame.

" status Recieved your appln and under review is same for every other application (perticulary for derivaties)"

Write a letter to congressmen of your county so that you will recieve the exact status perticularly Name check.

Hope this helps and did not add more for your confusion.

letter from uscis

I just received another letter from uscis again, this is the 3rd one and they say :
ur case is curently under final review, u should receive a decision....within 60days...

It looks like the others first ones they sent to me, but the only difference, they use the word " FINAL " befor they just said ur case is under review, and now they said ur case is under Final review

Is anybody have any idea about what they was tryin to say ?

Thanks for the help
I may be wrong but i understand Fingerprint review and Name check are be different

You get FP review immediately after submission of FP where as Name check is taking long wait if you dont hear with in 60 days time frame.

" status Recieved your appln and under review is same for every other application (perticulary for derivaties)"

Write a letter to congressmen of your county so that you will recieve the exact status perticularly Name check.

Hope this helps and did not add more for your confusion.

I just received another letter from uscis again, this is the 3rd one and they say :
ur case is curently under final review, u should receive a decision....within 60days...

It looks like the others first ones they sent to me, but the only difference, they use the word " FINAL " befor they just said ur case is under review, and now they said ur case is under Final review

Is anybody have any idea about what they was tryin to say ?

Thanks for the help

My earlier first comments holds good
Watch out for your LUD/online status changes
Be ready to accept congratulatory messeges from the fellow users here.

I giv U right

I am still waitin my friend !
If they send any thing else, I will let u know
Thanks again

My earlier first comments holds good
Watch out for your LUD/online status changes
Be ready to accept congratulatory messeges from the fellow users here.

uscis customer service

I called the customer service 800 so many time, every months .just keep on callin them, they like to be bothered !
trust me !
Now I am waitin for decision til June 30th and if I dont receive nothing from them, I will call them again or send them an inquiry with my information ( I-485 pendin receipt notice, most recent letter I received from uscis and ... )

What did you do to receive so many letters? :)
I made an inquiry couple of weeks ago and still waiting for some response.

uscis customer service

I called the customer service 800 so many time, every months .just keep on callin them, they like to be bothered !
trust me !
Now I am waitin for decision til June 30th and if I dont receive nothing from them, I will call them again or send them an inquiry with my information ( I-485 pendin receipt notice, most recent letter I received from uscis and ... )
By the way my case is at Missouri Service Center ( MSC ) or National Benefit Center. so I will make an inquiry to them.

What did you do to receive so many letters? :)
I made an inquiry couple of weeks ago and still waiting for some response.

RFE email today

I received a RFE email today. Hopefully it is something simple.

Looks like they are looking at the cases.

hi njreddy,
can you please tell if your namecheck is cleared.
Regards,
Raj.

rajrw

I don't know if my name check has been cleared -- It has been stuck since I guess Jun/Jul-2005. I hope it has been cleared. My case was transferred along with others to Nebraska early March 2007 and I had fingerprinting done on Mar 9th.

I don't feel like calling USCIS right now -- these guys give conflicting information -- I will wait and see what the RFE is about.