CSC I-485 Filing- May to Dec 2005 Tracking

I got a message saying my case was transferred to lincoln,NE on Feb 20th. Don't know whether it is good or not except I know there is some activity in my case.

Does anyone know more about the recent ruling about filling for H1B when holding EAD even after all the 6 yrs of H1B was used?

Thanks
dsels.

My wife's case was transferred to NE today. I would hope it means name check is cleared because from what I understand USCIS does not touch the case until name check is cleared.

Unless of course it is a mass-transfer situation. Not sure what to expect anymore. Just hoping for the best (that NC is cleared and now it is only a matter of time) :)

Sorry for the bad news, but the trans is massive. About 1/3 of the pending cases are transferred on 3/2. Plus the 20% transferred on 2/14, about 50% of all cases are now at NE. I'm expecting the rest 1/3 pending cases (the other 20% are pending at local office for interview) will be transferred in the next couple of days.

My wife's case was transferred to NE today. I would hope it means name check is cleared because from what I understand USCIS does not touch the case until name check is cleared.

Unless of course it is a mass-transfer situation. Not sure what to expect anymore. Just hoping for the best (that NC is cleared and now it is only a matter of time) :)

Case Trasfer to NE Lincolon

I hope this is not one of those another Black hole in Immigration process

When it was due at labour they moved to Dallas Back log
Now when it was over due at 485 they are moving to Lincolon Centre

I am very hopefull atleast it will be clear in another one to two years as it was at Dallas.

Gestation period of GC process is NOT 6 months it is 60 months.:)

even my case is transfered to NE

hi,

Even my case and my wife's case is transfered to NE on march 2nd. Why are they transfering these cases to nebraska center? Does anyone know the reason behind this?

Thanks,
Sanjay

I-485 case Xfer from CSC to NSC

My wifes' case been x'ferd to NSC from CSC (ND : Aug 2005). I found following from one immigration web-site.

-----------------------------------------------
03/03/2007: Ongoing 485 Transfers from VSC to TSC for East Cases and from CSC to NSC for West Cases

Immigrants are reporting that their pending I-485 applications have lately been transferred from VSC or CSC to either TSC or NSC depending on where they are located. This report is consistent with the Phase III of Bi-Specialization Program. There also were some reports that these immigrants had received a confusing information from the officials as to the processing queue of their cases in the TSC or NSC, but the NSC and TSC have consistently reported in the AILA liaison meetings that they would keep the original processing queue before the transfers. Obviously such transfers and maintenance of queues may affect the processing times for I-485 cases and I-485 processing times for NSC and TSC.
The USCIS has yet to announce the exact date of launch of the Phase III Bi-Specialization Program, but pending the launch of Phase III program, some confusion may continue to arise for pending petitions and applications. Immigrants should bear with the USCIS to help them to complete its reengineering process successfully.

EAD renewal

I was preparing to apply for ead renewal and now I saw this message about transfer so what happens to the ead renewal process? do I still submit the renewal application to CSC or NE center.
Any idea?

Thanks.

along with other questions asked by people can you also share how you got the info about NC cleared? Did you get status update? did you make an inquiry etc

Thanks.

My name check was cleared and I still got 2nd FP notice ?

Will I have to go through Name check process again ?

hi,

Even my case and my wife's case is transfered to NE on march 2nd. Why are they transfering these cases to nebraska center? Does anyone know the reason behind this?

Thanks,
Sanjay

Now Immigration centers are being made to spcelization
moving farward certain type of application will be handled by only specific centers.

ie all 485 will be pooled at 2 centers (texas,ne)
all I140 will be pooled at 2 centers ( csc,vsc)
all labour will be handled by onle 2 centers.

Figerprints

Validity of FP is only 15 months hence every body may start recieving FP notices. Need not feel any good or bad news on this.

If you have moved there is possibility they might have sent to old address and you may obtain copy of this from your Attorney office who will also recieve copy of this.

Stuck in Name Check

Guys,
I have some update on my case. I called my attorney and he told me that my case is being backgound checked. On asking if it was the name check, he said it was.

Since my PD is within the processing time, he said it would be a couple of months before I get the approval provided I will be still within.

Is there a way to know when the name check gets cleared?

Thanks
Hans

Guys,
I have some update on my case. I called my attorney and he told me that my case is being backgound checked. On asking if it was the name check, he said it was.

Since my PD is within the processing time, he said it would be a couple of months before I get the approval provided I will be still within.

Is there a way to know when the name check gets cleared?

Thanks
Hans

You mean he told you it was cleared?
Congrats then! You're very very close to the finish line :)

You can find the exact date only from FBI as USCIS receives the results FROM them so by definition USCIS won't have (and doesn't want to have! :) the correct date. At best USCIS will provide you with the date the clearence was received. But as there's no way to contact FBI so, probably, the only choice is INFOPASS.

How did the attorney find the namecheck status?

As for my case it's a total silence.

Rexxx,
I would like to make it clear. My attorney said, it was being background checked. I asked him if background check means Namecheck.
He said it meant the same.

So my case is currently in Name Check.

Since many of the guys here are getting their cases transferred to NSC and mine hasnt been transferred, does it mean the case wont get transferred until the NameCheck is cleared?

Update!!

I finished my 2nd FP done today. It was a code 1. FP of all the 10 fingers. The lady said they don't do the biometrics as it was done before.
My application has also been transferred to NE. By the time NE center streamlines all the applications either the visas become unavailable or the dates might retrogress. Hopefully it is not the case but time will only tell!!:confused: :confused:

Guys,
returning from Infopass today. The officer told me that my case is stuck in the name check since Oct 21 2005 and we cannot do anything until it gets cleared. :(

Hi Hans,
Did you get FP recently which CSC sent to most of the guys. I saw posts saying FP will be sent only if name check is cleared.
Thank you,
Raj

Guys,
returning from Infopass today. The officer told me that my case is stuck in the name check since Oct 21 2005 and we cannot do anything until it gets cleared. :(

Raj,
I havent gotten any FP notice until now.
I had my FP done in Jan 2006. According some posts above, the FP is valid for 15 months and hence I am yet to compelte the 15 months term for my first FP.

Hans

Raj,
I don't know for some reason my case does not hold up to this popular theory of "You get second FP only if the namecheck is complete".
I got my second FP done in Dec06 and in Feb07 learned my namecheck is still pending.(thru both infopass and service request).

Raj,
I don't know for some reason my case does not hold up to this popular theory of "You get second FP only if the namecheck is complete".
I got my second FP done in Dec06 and in Feb07 learned my namecheck is still pending.(thru both infopass and service request).

i notice you have something called: ac21
is it because you changed job? my layer told me i don't need to do anything if i am changing my job.