CSC I-485 Filing- May to Dec 2005 Tracking

2nd Finger Printing

My FP expired few days ago and have been told it may take upto 6 months to get it scheduled again. Does anyone know how much time it takes to get FP notice in San-Jose/Santa Clara region in Bay area?

LUDs

I got LUDs on all the cases in my portfolio with no message change -- 140, 131, 765, 485. Well that does not indicate any good sign -- looks like some System changes again

Maybe because of this people see a quick approval after 2nd FP.
Kind off makes sense now. very good info. Thanks.

anyway, btw no lud's for me so not so sure about the mass update thing that somebody mentioned above.

just came back from infopass.
as i knew myself, case is pending in fbi. they send reminder to fbi every year and the last one for me was sent at the end of january.
i asked if i need to do another fp since it is expiring but they told me that since we don't know when your file will be completed, we don't ask for another fp until the case is ready for approval.

i assume if somebody gets a new fp notice, it should be a good sign and everything should be in order.

I also hoped so after getting code 1 second FP in Dec 06. Nothing happenned and then took an infopass trip, only to learn that it is stuck in "security check"(whatever that means). Immi officer never actually used the word FBI name check inspite me specifically asking whether it is pending "FBI name check".
Everybody gets a differnet flavour of the namecheck answer. Never a dull day, never a dull case with USCIS!, sad part is all this at the expense of high tax paying, peaceful and law abiding professionals(oops aliens..)

Maybe because of this people see a quick approval after 2nd FP.
Kind off makes sense now. very good info. Thanks.

anyway, btw no lud's for me so not so sure about the mass update thing that somebody mentioned above.

Also on the LUDs, I got LUDs on my approved APs(131) only on 2/19. I had not even noticed it until now.
I guess some crapy script at USCIS spitting on our cases at random.

Last edited by a moderator:
I did a online address change -- looks like it is related to that. Not sure though why they would update the cases that are already approved.

I got a message saying my case was transferred to lincoln,NE on Feb 20th. Don't know whether it is good or not except I know there is some activity in my case.

Does anyone know more about the recent ruling about filling for H1B when holding EAD even after all the 6 yrs of H1B was used?

Thanks
dsels.

No LUD's for me. My 15 mo's is over after the 1st FP and no idea when i should get the 2nd one. My atty. does not reply me at all. Does Infopass help at all???

Dear Friends,

I received my green card on 02/02. This forum is an excellent source of information. I was stuck in FBI name check for nearly 2 years. finally received my green card.

I had gone to India( Delhi) on 01/11 and did my 9th year H1 stamping in Delhi on 01/25th. To my surprise, I received approval email sent by INS on 01/30 ( I saw those email on 02/01). on 02/02, I received my Plastic card.

Best of luck to all who are in que for their GC.

Dear Friends,

I received my green card on 02/02. This forum is an excellent source of information. I was stuck in FBI name check for nearly 2 years. finally received my green card.

I had gone to India( Delhi) on 01/11 and did my 9th year H1 stamping in Delhi on 01/25th. To my surprise, I received approval email sent by INS on 01/30 ( I saw those email on 02/01). on 02/02, I received my Plastic card.

Best of luck to all who are in que for their GC.

Congrats ediman!! Enjoy the new freedom!!!

Update

I was happy to see couple of snail mails from CSC but it turns out to be appointment notices for my 2nd FP. I can't believe they make me wait for 15 mo's and then do the FP's all over again. Does anyone know if they do a FBI name check again??? Infinite Loop with no end in sight :confused: :confused: :confused:

Congrats Ediman,
Also thanks for postiing the information. This would give us a idea as to what's going on and also give us hope that things have started moving at USCIS.

MY PD is Sep 2001. Since yours was Aug 2001, I can see some light at the end of the tunnel and seems I am nearing the end of the tunnel.

Got a second FP notice

I had checked 6 months ago and my name check was still pending. My FP was due to expire in March 2007. Keeping my fingers crossed...

PD: Aug 2002 EB2/RIR
I-485 ND: Sept 27 2005
I-40 Approved: March 2006.

Got 2nd FP Notice

Received FP Notice yesterday. I am sure my name check is not cleared, I talked to the immigration officer a week back. My last FP was on October 15th 2005, which will be expired on April 15th, 2007. I am surprised to see the FP notice. Lot of cleaning is going on at CSC for sure. Hope we will see some good news soon.

Raj.

I had checked 6 months ago and my name check was still pending. My FP was due to expire in March 2007. Keeping my fingers crossed...

PD: Aug 2002 EB2/RIR
I-485 ND: Sept 27 2005
I-40 Approved: March 2006.

Same here. Looks like sending FP notices to everybody :)
I really hope this is something good. Atleast showing some sign of life :p

Received FP Notice yesterday. I am sure my name check is not cleared, I talked to the immigration officer a week back. My last FP was on October 15th 2005, which will be expired on April 15th, 2007. I am surprised to see the FP notice. Lot of cleaning is going on at CSC for sure. Hope we will see some good news soon.

Raj.

I don't think so. whenever they do a mass mela it doesn't mean anything. remember mass LUDs. I think they have upgraded themselves to mass FPs this time.
They are just having some fun with us, guys.
Same here. Looks like sending FP notices to everybody :)
I really hope this is something good. Atleast showing some sign of life :p

I was happy to see couple of snail mails from CSC but it turns out to be appointment notices for my 2nd FP. I can't believe they make me wait for 15 mo's and then do the FP's all over again. Does anyone know if they do a FBI name check again??? Infinite Loop with no end in sight :confused: :confused: :confused:
NO, they will not do name check again. Name check result never expires for the same application. If they send two name check requests for your I485, and one is cleared while the other is pending, they can still adjudicate your application. However, if you want to use the name check for another application, it has to be within 15 months.

Name Check and FP

My name check was cleared and I still got 2nd FP notice ?

Will I have to go through Name check process again ?

NO, they will not do name check again. Name check result never expires for the same application. If they send two name check requests for your I485, and one is cleared while the other is pending, they can still adjudicate your application. However, if you want to use the name check for another application, it has to be within 15 months.

Will I have to go through Name check process again ?
No, you need only one name check and it never expires. FP and name check are two different things. Can you share when you got the 2nd FP and if your case is at CSC or transfered?

Last edited by a moderator: