CSC I-485 **Approvals** in JUN 2004.

ac21 - nd 5/15/02

Damn, that is sweet sweet news...

both my wife and myself have been approved.

WAC02186xxxx

nd - 5/15/02
done two sets of fp's
just applied for my third EAD. - wont be needing that now :)

two weeks ago I send and email to the ombudsman, dont know if that tickled the application.

I was an AC21 applicant, and never got an RFE. so it looks like they have gone from full on scrutiny, to very little.

This forum kept me sane. unbelievable support and knowledge.

good luck to all you others waiting. I really think it looks like they might be serious about making the 6month backlog target

#21 sweettwo: Yo HA Yo HA Yo HAAAAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Our case was approved just saw online but my daughter still it says received the form.

wac 02 186
RD: 05/16/04
2nd FP: 31/12/03 (Early FP Actually for 01/14/04)
1 LUD:04/07/04
2 LUD:06/09/04
Checked today it is approved.

How many days it take me to receive the Approval. Please let me know.

Thanks for all the members here for there valueable comments. Have a HOPE that there is light at the end of the tunnel.

#23 Arz: Yahooooooooooooo - My turn

:D :D :D :D :D

My quest for GC ended today. I call it the laxative effect.

Received approval notice by snail mail today (6/9/04)
Approved on 6/4/2004
The website still says "Response to RFE yada yada yada" :p

WAC-02-093-XXXXX

RFE Resp Recvd by BCIS 4/28/04

#24 muncha_485: Wac02094 Approved

Got the approval emails for myself and spouse. Approval notice not received in mail yet.

Approved June 8th, status changed June 9th morning (emails on June 9th as well)

- EB3 category
- Laid-off from original employer, 1 year after I-485 filing. Joined a similar job 4 months after leaving the original job.
- Didn't file AC21 until RFE (issued on 04/20/2004) for EVL, 3 years W2's and 3 pay-checks

I have been an ocassional user of this forum. But it has been very helpful whenever I had a question or wanted to get a pulse of overall approval patterns.

Thanks to the regular users who are helping the community !

2nd FP: 04/15/2004
RFE issued: 04/20/2004
RFE response rec'ed by BCIS: 05/26/2004
3 EAD's, 2 AP's (3rd AP pending approval)

#25 greenwood: 485 Approved(02-180-xxxxx)

02-180-xxxxx
Today I received approval notice of I-485. The notice date is 6/4/2004. No RFE.
The online status still says :
"the results of your fingerprint review for your I485 Application to Register Permanent Residence or to Adjust Status were received, and processing has resumed on your case. We will mail you a notice if further action is needed, or when a decision is made."

I changed my job before 180 days, and I didn't file AC21.
The attorney was not helpful.
She just said "I cannot guarantee your approval."

This site helped me so much.
Thank you everybody and I really wish your case also will be approved soon.
It happenes to me so suddenly. Even I'm not ready to celebrate.

Now I have question.
The notice tells me that I need to take 'Arrival/Departure Record, Form I-94, passport, pictures."
What is 'Arrival/Departure Record'?

Do I need to stand in line for a long time again for a stamp?

http://boards.immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?t=129621

Last edited by a moderator:
#26 swtaus: 02-157 485 approved

No RFE. Not AC21.

Thanks to Rajiv for hosting this wonderful forum and to all the volunteers who take time to advice/discuss the various issues.

485 RD/ND, Apr '02
2nd FP Jan '04

Does anyone know if I need an appointment to go for stamping at SF ? Couldnt find any phone number on the USCIS/SF-office website that gives appointments.

#27 22ezgc: :D WAC 02 095 approved

I recvd the courtesy for both spouse and myself in mail.
The strange thing is that online status still shows my status as RFE recvd and for my spouse as FP recvd.
I used AC21. The original notice for me was recvd by my new attorney, but for my spouse it was sent to the previous attorney. My RFE was also sent to previous attorney, though I had sent an AC21 letter and a new G-28 form for new lawyer representation. So, keep in touch with all ur lawyers.

Just 1 query I have now.
My spouse is medically not in a condition to go for stamping right now. How long can I wait before I go for the stamping? I know it will delay the actual card and I cannot travel out of US before stamping, but is there any other complications that may arise?

Thanks everyone on this forum for the support in my torturous journey to this approval.

#28 usacalling: WAC03041(AC21) Approved

Hi all,
I am thrilled to report that my case has been approved.
Mine is AC21 with less than 180 days with the original employer.
So its a great relief to finish a long drawn process which initially
started in Jan 98. I could not pursue the first case inspite of having an Approved 140 due to non-existance of AC21 and priority dates not being
current. I had to re-start alll over and was only able to re-capture the priority date. So its tremendous excitement to see the process through.
I wish all of you the best of luck.
My wifes case hasn't been approved yet as she was added in later on.
PD Jan 98
wac 03 041
RFE MAr 04
RFE replied JUNE 2 04
CASE approved June 8 04

#29 Raajababu: WAC02195***** approved

Both me and my wife got approved finally. Received Approval notice via snail mail today.
Here are the details:
WAC02195xxxxx
1st FP 7/2002
2nd FP 1/2004
3rd FP 2/2004
NO RFE. Stayed with the same employer at the same location throughout this process.
Approved 6/4.
Web site has still not updated. The last update date changed to 6/4/2004.
Hope everyone gets approved soon.
Special thanks to Rajiv.
With best wishes

Raajababu

#30 roopavijay: Approved, 03-097!!

Dear All,

My I-485 application and my spouse's have been approved dated 6/7/2004 as per the e-mail from the USCIS that we received today.

Here are the details:
EB1-OR I-140 May 2002, approved Dec 2002 after RFE.
I-485 RD Feb 6, 2003
Fingerprints taken three times for myself due to the Center's technical issues!!
Still on first EAD (valid till August), although second has been approved.
Two APs.
The previous activity was on 5/21/2004. I was hoping to see an RFE sometime soon, but this is even better!!

I am glad to see this message finally. I have a long history with the whole process since my initial I-140s in 1998 (EB2-NIW and EB1-EA) were denied after a long battle. I have been a longstanding member of this forum, although inactive in recent years!! Thanks to all the useful information here, and wishing everyone a speedy approval.

#31 scotsman

bloody hell - Approved (AC21) nd - 05/15/02

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Damn, that is sweet sweet news...

both my wife and myself have been approved.

WAC02186xxxx

nd - 5/15/02
done two sets of fp's
just applied for my third EAD. - wont be needing that now :)

two weeks ago I send and email to the ombudsman, dont know if that tickled the application.

I was an AC21 applicant, and never got an RFE. so it looks like they have gone from full on scrutiny, to very little.

This forum kept me sane. unbelievable support and knowledge.

good luck to all you others waiting. I really think it looks like they might be serious about making the 6month backlog target

#31 Dreamandwin's friend: Friend got Approved (previous #31 scotsman is #20)

Just received message that a friend of mine WAC-02-191-5xxxx received his approval. Saw the status change online.

His wife's approval has not happened yet. He got his 2nd FP done in mid Jan'04 and she in the beginning of May 04.

Wonder what's happening to March cases. Hope they are cleared soon.

http://boards.immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?t=129806

Me and My wife got approved on June 10, 2004. No RFE.Received the notice via snail mail today (June 12). Have been checking the LUD for last two months because I saw a lot of activity. I had also submitted address changes in April for both of us so could be partly due to that also. I never got a notice in mail from CSC acknowledging the change of address so was a little bit nervous - but the approval notice for both of us came to the right address and knew that original would go to the lawyer anyway.

The website still says "FP Received on Dec 31 2003..... etc etc" and no email yet. Here are my and my wife's details :

WAC-02-161-5****
RD : Apr 15, 2002
1st FP : May 30, 2002
2nd FP : Dec 31, 2003
No RFE.
Approval Date : June 10, 2004

Here are the LUDs as I can remember.

LUD for me : 04/06/2004, 04/14/2004, 05/14/2004,05/26/2004 (Mine never changed to 06/10/2004 - Not Yet)
LUD for my wife : 04/06/2004, 04/14/2004, 05/14/2004, 06/07/2004, 06/09/2004 and 06/10/2004 (Approval)

This forum has been great and have been a very frequent visitor during the last few years. All the best to everyone!

# 34 GreenWood got approved

http://boards.immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?t=129621
485 Approved(02-180-xxxxx)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

02-180-xxxxx
Today I received approval notice of I-485. The notice date is 6/4/2004. No RFE.
The online status still says :
"the results of your fingerprint review for your I485 Application to Register Permanent Residence or to Adjust Status were received, and processing has resumed on your case. We will mail you a notice if further action is needed, or when a decision is made."

I changed my job before 180 days, and I didn't file AC21.
The attorney was not helpful.
She just said "I cannot guarantee your approval."

This site helped me so much.
Thank you everybody and I really wish your case also will be approved soon.
It happenes to me so suddenly. Even I'm not ready to celebrate.

Now I have question.
The notice tells me that I need to take 'Arrival/Departure Record, Form I-94, passport, pictures."
What is 'Arrival/Departure Record'?

Do I need to stand in line for a long time again for a stamp?

#37 - Wac03028

Got it!
- Applied for labor in May 2001
- Labor approved in Sep 2002
- Applied for 140/485 concurrently in Oct 2002
- 1FP in Dec 2002
- 140 RFE in Mar 2003
- 140 approved in April 2003
- 485 RFE (EVL, company’s ability to pay, 3 years tax returns) in Mar 2004
- RFE response received by USCIS in Apr 2004
- 2FP in Apr 2004 (did it 3 weeks ahead of schedule in San Jose)
- No response for 4 weeks; got a little desperate and talked to lawyer who sent a fax after a month of USCIS receiving the RFE response; last update date changed to 5/4
- I observed that the cases who had valid FP and then responded to RFE were getting approved in 2 – 3 weeks of replying to the RFE
- I was going crazy and thought of sending another response to RFE (may be with additional pay slips or something) in May 2004; I asked my lawyer if this was a good idea. He said I was crazy and he stopped responding to all my emails since.
- Got an RFE (medical) for my wife in the last week of May; sent response in the first week of June
- Got approval notice on 6/12/04
- I sent an email to my lawyer thanking him for all his help. He still won’t talk to me. I guess he still thinks I am crazy.

Right now, it feels surreal. After a few days, I may come to terms with this emotion. I don’t think it is ecstasy. I don’t think it is relief either. Somehow, that nagging doubt persists. Is this real? I think it is some kind of emptiness. Well, whatever it is, I will deal with it.

Anyway, I owe a debt of gratitude to many wonderful folks in this forum including, but not limited to, Rajiv, Kashmir, 140_takes_4ever, dsatish, Edison, desi_bartender, becky, … and a thousand others. Ladies and Gentlemen, I salute you. I thank you from the bottom of my heart. Not for answering questions a thousand times, but for recognizing that there is a bull and then taking it by its horns. Thanks for standing up. Thanks for showing us the way.

It is arguable, but I feel that most USCIS employees are fair, decent and hardworking. But they just don’t have their priorities right, at least in terms of immigration benefits services. USCIS leadership has to take blame for this sorry state of affairs. I feel the solution to our backlog problem ought to come from the Congress. Congress has to set priorities to USCIS. Congress has to define what “unreasonable delay” means. Congress has to set a deadline by which the backlog has to be cleared. Congress has to help. And they will if we are willing to stand up and be counted. What does it mean? It just means that you should not be indifferent. That’s all there is to it.

For those who are still waiting, I wish you all the very best of luck. May the force be with you!

cosmos (WAC03028*****)

Last edited by a moderator: