CSC I-485 **Approvals** in JULY 2004.

Approved

I-485s for me and my wife were approved on 07/07 as per the online status when I checked this morning.

Details:
EB3
WAC-02-233-xxxxx
First FP: Sep, 2002
Second FP: 22th June,2004

3 EADs and 3 APs.

#40 nhats: Approved WAC-02-205-5****

Well a new phase is about to start. First off, I wanted to thank everybody for sharing their information, wisdom and encouragement. I especially wanted to mention SILLYMAN who called me in my cellphone and give words of encouragement when I was anxious to change jobs last October after my original petitioner died. Last year is a very bad year for me. My father died, my petitioner died, the office which I had been working closed and I was nearly unemployed. However the good thing is I was able to find work quickly due to the recommendation of a peer reviewer who saw the quality of work I produced and suggested to another CPA to hire me "cheaply" and continue my petition.

I am one of the avid lurker in this forum. One who checked for new messages or information at least 5 times in a day, I am also an occasional poster who voiced out frustrated inquiries, and ALWAYS received replies from very very nice and helpful people in this forum.

Hopefully upon the receipt of this much awaited greencard I will get the "salary" due to me. The question now is how soon could I leave this employer so that it won't affect future citizenship plans. Maybe the moderators in this forum could shed some light on this?

To those who are still waiting, I pray for your speedy approvals. To Mr. Khanna, I wish him and his family good health and success for this free and great service to the immigration community. To the moderators of this forum like Kashmir, I-140 takes 4ever, etc. for your ideas, help and trying to keep track of the irrational behavior of the INS/BCIS/USCIS -- THANK YOU!

I used my advance parole once. Hopefully I could go home next year (after I saved enough money) without fear at the LAX port of entry, see my father's grave and bid him the farewell long denied to me after my Advance Parole expired and after my original employer did not allow me to take my leave and asking me to choose between going home and losing my job/withdrawal of his petition.

This is one journey I won't forget. One of the toughest battle you and I face. But it is all made sweeter because we did it without hurting anybody, working to the best of our ability and proving that we deserve to be here.

Natalie

-------------------

WAC 02-205-5****
Position applied: Staff Accountant/Auditor in Public Practice
EB3 RIR
I-485 ND: 6/11/02 RD: 6/7/02 PD 3/30/01
1st FP - 7/24/02
2nd FP - 6/9/04
3EADs/2AP
Used AC21 November 2003 (Original Petitioner Died)
Used AC21 again February 17, 2004 (Need to commute 30 miles one way just to go to the office)
LUD 5/26/04; 6/15/04; 6/23/04; 6/24/04; 6/27;7/3/; 7/6; 7/7
Filed for AR-11 twice and called to verify change of addresses.
1-140 AD: 5/6/02 RFE: Wage Below Prevailing requested DE6, All employees job description, Company’s ITR
HIB: AD: 2/2/01 (Did not renew my HIB)
Arrival in the US: June 23, 2000 as B2.

LUD Message History:

6/15/04: Fingerprint result has been received and they have resumed processing the I:485 Case.
6/27/04: On June 27, 2004, your I485 Application to Register Permanent Residence or to Adjust Status was received here for processing. It is taking between 730 and 730 days for us to process this kind of case. We will mail you a decision as soon as processing is complete

--- Tried to call the phone number and my status could not be found. However I did receive 2 email notification about my case.

7/3/04: Same message as 6/27/04 only that it is taking them 660 days to process the case

7/7/04: Received an email notification that my case has been approved and that they mailed the approval notice. I also called the Customer Service Telephone Number did the status update and verified that my case has been approved.

7/8/04 received the approval notice by mail.

http://boards.immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?p=837075#post837075

WAC02-111-xxxxx approved

Hi All,

Just wanted to share with you all the news that my case has been approved. This morning I saw the much awaited email. Still waiting for approval on my wife and daughter's cases.

Thanks for all your support and i wish u all get approved faster.

details:
485 RD: 2/13/02
first FP: June 02
second FP: May 04
RFE received: Jun1 04
RFE received by INS: Jun 8 04
Case approved: July 8 '04

#43 WAC-02-206-5XXXXX Approved

Case approved on July 6th, 2002. Would like to thank everyone for the support and help. Wishing you all the very best. Case details as follows:

ND: June, 2002.
FP: August, 2002.
FP: June, 2004
3 AP
3 EAD
AD: July 6, 2002

-- RD001

#44 ganador2004: Approved...Finally

Time for celebration on our end.
My wife and I got an approval e-mail indicating that both our cases were approved on July 8, 2004
My case # is WAC 02-081-527-yy

Received data: Jan 8, 2002 (took 2 1/2 years)
FP1: March 2002
FP2: May 2004
RFE: Received by BCIS on May 17, 2004 (only letter verifying employment)

Approved July 8, 2004 for me and my wife

We now need to wait for copy of approval letter and go to SF for stamping.
Anyone with the link to those experiences

Ganador

http://boards.immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?t=133646

#45 WAC02103: I-485 Approved and Passport Stamped!

My case was approved on June 30. (On the 30th, I took my parents to Sausalito where this bird pooped on my mom. She said it was a sign that something big was about to happen. I always told her she's a bit too superstitious but I guess in this case, she was right. :) )

Got passport stamped today. Got in from Sansome street. Arrived at 7:15 am and left at 11:45. They took my advance parole, 2 ADIT photos and I-94.

Thank you all for sharing your experiences! The information has been really helpful for me. Best of luck to you all! :)

WAC-02-103-5x
RD: 2/4/02
1st FP - 3/02
2nd FP - 2/04
3 EADs
2 APs
1st FAX - 5/10/04
1st Phone call - 6/8/04
2nd FAX - 6/10/04
Letter to Diane Feinstein - 6/21/04
6/23/04 - Received response by mail but for the wrong case #!
6/25/04 - Called USCIS about wrong letter but was told to call again in 30 days!
...Planned to wait 30 days b4 calling again..but then..
Received emails and courtesy copy - 7/3/04
AD - 6/30/04 no RFE

#46 warr: Approved !! WAC021265xxxx

Glad to let everybody know that finally, I got an email notification about me and my wife's approval on 7/8/2004. :D :D :D

Its been a long journey so far, wishing everybody all the best in their applications as well. I was a frequent visitor to this site. I would like to thank all of you folks (Kashmir, Sillyman, Rajiv) for keeping our hopes alive throughout. It was a revelation seeing all the reports about the approval statistics all over. Should share this data with INS, they might find it useful ;) !!!

--WAC021265xxxx
2 EADs
2 FPs
1 RFE (Empl letter, 3 W-2s) - 05/24/2004
RFE Response reached BCIS - 06/16/2004
Approval email: 07/08/2004.

http://boards.immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?t=133654

#47 ngadhia: Approved (Welcome notice) and San Jose Stamping experience

Hi Friends,

First of all I thanks everybody in this Forum , specially Kashmir, Silly Man, 140_takes_4ever,desi-bartender, Funnywait,Mazdur_Desi and many others who kept this Forum live with excellent information for current and future applicants. Thanks to Rajeev Khanna and his staff for all things they have done for this forum.

I got my approval letter yesterday (07/8/2004) with Notice Type : Welcome Notice. Although having this approval notice in hand , I was not very happy as there was some notices sent out by mistake and was wondering am I one of the victim of such an error by USCIS. But today I had been for Stamping at San Jose Local USCIS office ( Monteray), and it turned out that this is a valid approval notice, and got our (me and my wife's) passport stamped.

San Jose Stamping Experience

Reached USCIS Local office at Monteray street , San Jose at 5:50 am. At 6:45 a seciurity officer read some rules, one of which was ADIT processing people should not stand in Appointment line, no food ..blah ..blah...blah..

Entered the Hall at 8:45, got a tocken from the front counter. Waited for 5 painfull hours to get my turn. Then was called by IO asked for the following
for me and my wife.

1. Approval Notice (I-797)
2. EAD
3. AP, I94 if any
4. Passport
5. 2 photographs.

Returned the passport with stamp valid upto 1 year.( hand written I485 approved).
Got out of the premises at 1:15 pm. Seven Painfull hours.. But I am very happy today.

For those who received this Welcome Notice, with information describing "You will receive the Permenant Green Card in 3 weeks time". This information is incorrect as per the IO in San Jose. She informed it me will take 6-10 months for me to receive the Plastic Card. She then mentioned the information in the receipt is not possible, as they don't have Budget (man power) to complete the plastic card stuff in 3 weeks.

Our Passport stamp is valid for 1 year.

thank you all and Good Luck.

Eb3
RD 28th June 2002
ND 1st July 2002
2 EAD's, 2AP, applied for 3rd
2FP
AC21 ( informed BCIS).
LUD 08/21/2002->05/04/2004->06/09/2004->06-22->06-23->06-24->07/05
Approved Notice Date July 2nd 2004.
Received approval Notice by Mail July 8th 2004.
Passport Stamped July 9th 2004.

http://boards.immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?t=133665

#49 GraceCard: SHIRDI BABA's grace dawned upon me - Approved

Finally with BABA's blessings I got approved on 9th July. Recieved an email today saying that my case is approved.

Got second FP on 14th June and appointment was on Jul 30th, but i did an early FP on Jun 17th.

I thank every one on this forum and specially to all volunteers and Rajiv.

BABA bless you all with an approval.

------------------------
WAC-02-128-54xxx
I-140 Feb' 2002.
1st FP June 15th '2002
3EAD's and 3 AP's

2nd FP June 14th' 04.
AD Jul 9th' 04.

http://boards.immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?t=133690

#50 ktvenkat: WAC-02-103 -XXXXX Approved!

Hi,
I got the email notification yesterday night that both my and my wife's I485 have been approved. It has been a long and tiring journey for about 2 and half years since I filed my 485. A collegue of mine who filed 2 months before I filed got approved in less than one year's time. Anyway, it is time for celebration. I sincerely thank every one in this forum and in particular guys like Kashmir, 140_takes_forever, sillyman for coming forward and helping other guys out here. Also to Rajiv, without him this wonderful forum wouldnt exist.
Just last week I got a mail from my lawyer saying that they received an email notification from BCIS that my case has been taken up by an officer. I wasnt sure how long it was going to take for approval. It has come in less than a week. For those who responded to my previous email about the wait time, I want to say, "There is HOPE". I wish them good luck.
Do you know how much time I have to go for stamping after I receive the approval notice? My family is in India and I have to make arrangements, if I dont have much time for that. Thanks.

http://boards.immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?t=133706

#51 rs071: Approved!

Hi everybody,
Finally the day has come for us. My wife and me got apporved on 7/9/2004. It's a great relief and a joy! I got 2 RFE, 1 for Paystub and Birth certi, and another for Birth certi again. Looked like they needed our original certi to be resubmitted with our parents affidavit since we didnt have our name on certi. So the 2nd time we resubmitted our certi and got approved!

Thanks Pralay for providing Birth certi format.

I would like to pass our special thanks Mr. Khanna, Kashmir, 140_takes_4ever and other moderators.

I wish all other "waiters" best of luck!

http://boards.immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?p=838575#post838575

#52 familyof5: I-485 approved

Hi folks,

Want to share the good news with you. My family's I-485 was approved according to the online status on July 6th.

My detail:
WAC-02-087-5xxxx (Jan 15th, 2002) EB3
2 FP (2nd one on June 26th, but done early)
1 RFE (3 yr pay stub, w2 and tax return, responded and received on June 24th)

Online status indicated approval on July 6th.

This is an excellent forum and folks are so helpful and knowledgeable.
Thanks very much and I hope all the pending cases will be approved soon.

Folks, just hang in there, don't lost hope. Very soon will be your turn.

Best of luck.

Familyof5.

http://boards.immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?p=835440#post835440

I-485 approved

ND: 11/xx/2002
FP1: 02/xx/2003
RFE: 05/xx/2004
FP2: 06/10/2004
Approval: 07/01/2004
I551 stamping in passport: 07/09/2004

:D :D :D

#54 gutterboy: I don't believe it: I AM APPROVED!!!

After a long Independence day trip, just checked my online status, I'm approved!

My wac-02217, notice date: 6-25-2002. My wife and I recenely did second finger print, on June 22nd. The online message showed it's approved on July 2nd. 10 days after 2nd FP. 6 years saga ended so unexpectedly, abruptly! I don't believe it, unbelievable!

My wife's online message is unchanged. Still showing LUD last year, not even reflecting the 2nd FP. I'll check with my lawyer Monday. Anyone has same situation? Will she be approved soon?

I come to this forum more often than I check my online status. The encouragement, help, rumor/information provided me a source for comfortness. Thanks everyone! I think it's my time to make donation on approvement.

I don't believe it, unbelievable!

http://boards.immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?t=133755

#55 hero123: I am approved

Got approval for myself and my spouse after long wait.

WAC-02057-5xxxx a dec 2001 filer.
Got 2nd FP in April end.
RFE issued 15th June.
RFE recived 2nd July (ususal one. Employment verifications and 3 year w-2's)
approved 9th July.

I guess putting pressure through lawyer or sending faxes helps. My case was not getting any progress when I started bugging my attorney to call CSC and started faxing myself. Saw 2nd FP immediately after that. Again bugged attorney one month after 2nd FP on why is no action on my case after FP. Soon I got 2nd RFE and then luckily wait after RFE wasn't long.

hang on friends it's just matter of time. For some wait is slightly longer.

http://boards.immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?t=133816

Hulk04
Registered User Join Date: May 2004

WAC021785* Approved. Spouse got RFE

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Got an email from my lawyer that my case has been approved.
Many thanks to all the forum members for keeping the spirits up!

However my wife got an RFE. NOt sure what it is since I am on vacation in India.
What is the most common RFE in such cases. Since I am in India anyway, should I be get some documents prepared for the RFE?

Thanks Again
-H

#57 phx1999: Approved WAC03116

Finally, today I saw those magic words on my status. Our journey began back in Sep 2000. Our attorneys slept on the case for 5 months before filing it - EB3 RIR. DOL slept on it for 2 years and got LC cleared by 2003. I was lucky to get 140 in 6 months and now 485 in just about year and half. I took Lusik's advice and faxed couple of enquiries and also had an address change.

It would have been happier if the approvals had come in sequence. Having experienced the unjustifiable wait during my LCA, I understand the frustration of WAC02 (and some WAC01 ) folks. If these govt entities follow FIFO rule and some commonsense, our life would have been less painful.This is just like standing on a queue for kerosene on PDS shop in India and being called at random order .
I had some " very unfortunate incidents" last week just becoz I did not have a green card and lost some money also.

Kashmir,
Thanks for your efforts and we will be voting by 2008 and we will work together to get there. And for all those who are talking nonsense about Kashmir, just shutup and follow the leader. Scanning is something that he came up with and he has everyright to use it to help the greater cause for the community.

My online status says approved. Yet to receive emails.

For all of you LUD followers (just like me!)
My case : 5/7 , 5/16 , 5/25 , 6/20 , 6/24 , 7/5 , 7/7 , 7/8 , 7/9 , 7/12(approval) . Approval date is 07/09
My wifes case : 5/7 , 5/16 , 5/25 , 6/20 , 6/24 , 7/12 (approval)
My sons case : 5/7 , 5/16 , 5/25 , 6/20 , 6/24 , 7/5 , 7/12(approval)
and i firmly believe based my intrepretation that if your cases were touched on 6/24 or 7/5 then you are not too far from approval. Also, I believe Lusik's theory about faxing enquiries for concurrent filing.

Phx1999.

http://boards.immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?t=133897

Last edited by a moderator:
#58 wsxwsx: wac 02 124 5**** approved on July 9

Hi,

Just checked online status and found tha my wife's and my I-485 are approved. Have not received email from USCIS yet.

Finished 2nd FP on June 4, 2004, and LUD changed on 6/22, 6/23, 6/24, then on July 3, my case online message changed to "On June 27, your I485 Application to Register Permanent Residence or to Adjust Status was received here for processing....", but my wife's online status was not changed. Call 1-800 number on July 8 and was told that "your case was transferred to local", I did not believe and asked to talk to IIO, the IIO told me my case is still in normal process state. On July 8 afternoon,my wife's status message also changed to "On June 27, your I485 Appl..." and I found that my I-140 was also be touched on July 8.

My case was touched again on July 9.

I think if you find that your I-140 is touched, your case should be approved in 1-2 days.

Thanks all the people who dedicate and try to help others: Rajeev, kashimr, 140_takes_4ever, Silly man, desi-bartender and all the people who helped out here!!

Regards,

wsxwsx

http://boards.immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?t=133899

#59 Myxa: WAC 02 066 approved on July 7

After almost 3 years of waiting for AOS has been approved on July 7 (mine and child, spouse case is still pending).

Received e-mail notifications on July 7 and on July 9 received courtesy copy of approval notices.

EB3 case. Changed job 2 times (switched > 180 days after I485 receipt).
First time notified CSC on job change, second time replied on RFE with EVL, tax papers, pay stubs.

It took 8 month to be approved after replying to RFE!

This forum is great! Thanks to Rajiv S. Khanna for organizing and hosting this forum and everybody who contributed personal time sharing their experience/knowledge.

Wish everybody faster approvals.

RFE - Nov, 2003
2FP - Dec, 2003
LUD - 4/19,4/20,4/28,6/16,6/18,6/29,07/02,07/07,07/08
Approved - July 7, 2004

http://boards.immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?t=134004