CSC August 2005 Filing I-140 Tracking

Kitty,

If you are from retrogressed country, then you can't file I-485 untill your PD becomes current. Maybe that's why, but you may want to ask the other experts here like Perm_faq or GP111 or your own lawyer.

I was just curious and thanks for the information.

kittydesire said:
yeah, i filed 140 & 485 together. i dont know what pd is, it's EB2. and i'm from retrogressed country? so what do you mean?

Why my LUDs are not changing at all?

Ray S. said:
yes your case was at an adjudicating officer's desk for the past few days and has now been opened for review. You should see a response next week on your cases.

Well, I filed 140/131/765/485 last Novemer. ND and LUD are both 11/29/05. I received AP a couple fo weeks ago without any updates in my LUDs. my LUDs are still the same. I have a friend who filed a case exactly after fourdays later. He received AP at the same that I received. He knw since his LUD for 131 was changed. Today his LUD was updated again and it said his 765 is apporved and is on order. Well, mine did not chagne a bit. If I see my 765 approval come in mail next week, I feel great. But, what's the point if LUD are not updating? Who's in charge to update LUDs? Anybody know?

PC

Whoever touches the petition (of any case type) then we are supposed to see either a LUD (if the petition is yet to be approved, but still pending) on that petition OR message change saying blah, blue got approved on blah, blue date. BUT... that is not we are seeing these days. Some body sees LUD and some body not. Not sure what kind of mechanics behind this whole process, but certainly it is a "manual process".

what's the point if LUD are not updating?
In either case whether they update LUDs or not, I don't see any difference. Looks like there is no significance, Or probably there is no signficance of LUD for EAD/AP kind of applications.

Who in charge of LUD?
Not sure, who handles it. But, most likely, it is updated by the "Adjudicator" who is looking into the case.

:p

DocPC said:
Well, I filed 140/131/765/485 last Novemer. ND and LUD are both 11/29/05. I received AP a couple fo weeks ago without any updates in my LUDs. my LUDs are still the same. I have a friend who filed a case exactly after fourdays later. He received AP at the same that I received. He knw since his LUD for 131 was changed. Today his LUD was updated again and it said his 765 is apporved and is on order. Well, mine did not chagne a bit. If I see my 765 approval come in mail next week, I feel great. But, what's the point if LUD are not updating? Who's in charge to update LUDs? Anybody know?

PC

When did you file 140, 485? Did you get the receipt notices, yet? Just now, I had replied to your PM.

kittydesire said:
yeah, i filed 140 & 485 together. i dont know what pd is, it's EB2. and i'm from retrogressed country? so what do you mean?

140 approved

Received email. Online status reflects the approval too.

Updated tracker

db9 said:
LUD changed on 140 with no message change today (2/17). Previous LUD was 09/08/05. Does that mean anything?

Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
I-140 Approved

Hi all,

Wanted to post an update. I just saw an email indicating that my I-140 has been approved. EB-2 case filed with the CSC.
RD - 09/02, ND - 09/06, No interim LUDs, No RFEs, Approved 02/16.

Good wishes to all.
Prats

Are you EB2 because of BS+5 or MS + 3? And was it PERM? Thanks !

Prats said:
Hi all,

Wanted to post an update. I just saw an email indicating that my I-140 has been approved. EB-2 case filed with the CSC.
RD - 09/02, ND - 09/06, No interim LUDs, No RFEs, Approved 02/16.

Good wishes to all.
Prats

Not sure

Ray S. said:
I see another I140 LUD change in 2 days. New LUD 02/19/2006 (Sunday). No status change. Anybody seen such LUD changes?

My was approved on 2/17, but I just checked my case for you. The LUD changed too, probably it's some checking program doing the regular check or routine maybe.

Re: To perm_faq

Hi perm_faq,

Mine was a PERM labor case. Also, my case was EB2 because of the job description requiring MS+3 with an alt of BS+5; and in my case, the BS+5 was used although I have a Masters degree as well.

Hope this helps. Best wishes.

perm_faq said:
Are you EB2 because of BS+5 or MS + 3? And was it PERM? Thanks !

Prats said:
Hi perm_faq,

Mine was a PERM labor case. Also, my case was EB2 because of the job description requiring MS+3 with an alt of BS+5; and in my case, the BS+5 was used although I have a Masters degree as well.

Just checked with PERM for the EB2 qualification questions. I would say that if the "job requirements in the AD" said "MS+X yr" and "X>=0" (in H.4 and H.6 sections of ETA), and you do qualify in J.11 and J.18 (you have MS and previous X years experience other than your current employment), you should be with EB2.

If you don't have MS, you will need alt BS+5 (progressive) prior your current employment to qualify.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks Prat for the reply and for the best wishes.

YES. MS+3 or BS+5 is the standard practice for EB2 PERM Labor or Regular labor or RiR labors.

Recap:
======
EB2 or EB3 classification is based on the "job requirements" rather than qualifications of an individual. For instance, One who has BS+10 will be classified as EB3 (though he meets EB2 requirements by himself) if his job requires BS+3 (which is for EB3).

Prats said:
Hi perm_faq,

dabu,

You are Right!

dabu said:
Just checked with PERM for the EB2 qualification questions. I would say that if the "job requirements in the AD" said "MS+X yr" and "X>=0" (in H.4 and H.6 sections of ETA), and you do qualify in J.11 and J.18 (you have MS and previous X years experience other than your current employment), you should be with EB2.

If you don't have MS, you will need alt BS+5 (progressive) prior your current employment to qualify.

MS+0 still works

BTW, perm_faq and all,

MS+0 may still qualify for EB2 as long as your job requirements say so. I saw a bunch of people used MS only without any exp. They were still EB2. Thanks.

dabu,

With reference to ETA 750 definition of "Advanced Degree": MS+0 years of experience still meets
the alien qualification and eligibility requriments, but many times the petitions with such a background
is interpreted in different ways at different service centers. I seen many cases getting denied by the
Nebraska Service Center. I think, the best thing with Masters degree job requirement could be atleast
1 year experience. Thats safest approach!

"I saw a bunch of people used MS only without any exp. They were still EB2."
-- Though it is not-related to me: Can you just point to the cases that were approved under EB2 with
MS+0 years of experience. So that it may be helpful for other folks.

dabu said:
BTW, perm_faq and all,

MS+0 may still qualify for EB2 as long as your job requirements say so. I saw a bunch of people used MS only without any exp. They were still EB2. Thanks.

perm_faq said:
dabu,

"I saw a bunch of people used MS only without any exp. They were still EB2."
-- Though it is not-related to me: Can you just point to the cases that were approved under EB2 with
MS+0 years of experience. So that it may be helpful for other folks.

One such example is my self.. my LC asks for "MS+0" or "BS+5"

Could anybody tell me what " LUD change" means? I see my last update changed, but status didnot change, is this LUD change? Thanks a lot.

kittydesire said:
Could anybody tell me what " LUD change" means? I see my last update changed, but status didnot change, is this LUD change? Thanks a lot.

YES Kitty LUD = Last Update Date Change

gp111 said:
No, I have more experience But LC asks for (required for the position) MS+0 or BS+5.

gp111 is right. We filed what PERM LC job requirements asked for. If it said MS+0, then so be it. Mine is MS+1 and no alt BS+5 because my job requirement specified that. You are right. MS+1 is a little bit safer. But MS+0 should be OK. However if you don't have MS and you want EB2, better be careful about BS+5. It needs to be "progressive".

If your LC matches, you can claim EB2 in advaced degree in your I-140. That is what EB2 starts to make sense. There is no EB2 or EB3 in PERM LC. EB happens in I-140 but needs your PERM LC to support the fact.