CSC August 2005 Filing I-140 Tracking

nikedude,

Hopefully, CSC would get to your 140 dates by middle of next month. I do the have similar dates for I-140!
As per the latest processing report, it appears that EB2-NIW, EB3 cases are moving lot faster than EB2.
Overall, I see that CSC is slowly gaining momentum now.
Lets hope that it will keep-up the pace and rush the approvals.

:p

nikedude said:

Ray S. said:
My LUD has changed on both 140 and 485 to 02/23/2006, no status change. Has this happened to anybody?

I have heard that if LUDs change on both 140 and 485 it leads to denial of both cases, can someone please comment?

Nop. Not always.

It also means your I-140 got approved. Because when I-140 gets approved I-485 gets updated.

Fyi

My 485 LUD did not get updated when 140 was approved. I hope its all good for you.

Ray S. said:
Thanks for responding. Did your 485 LUD get updated to the 140 date?

As I was saying many times, there is no real significance of LUD. I don't know why people are STILL making some assumptions/referances based on LUD changes. Some times you don't see LUD but the application gets approved, and some times, you will see too many LUDs and nothing happens. If thats the case, then how can we assume the purpose of LUDs? For instance, in my case, I have got EAD/AP approved long time back, but neither the LUD changed nor the message change. It still says "we have received such and such application on such and such date.....blah, blue....etc etc". I have also done FP long time back, but again, there is no change either in LUD or message.

db9 said:
My 485 LUD did not get updated when 140 was approved. I hope its all good for you.

Oh...Thats scary!

In your case you have 3 LUDs (almost back to back) on 140 and 1 LUD on 485. I guess you have no RFEs, correct? Looks like they have been touching your 140 for almost a week days. So what is that you are expecting on your 140? Whats your EB2 qualification or job requirements?

Ray S. said:
Fromr cases I have followed, if an RFE response is recd. by CSC and both the LUDs 485 and 140 change subsequently, it's almost always a denial, if both LUDs change for spouse it's a 100% denial.

However, it's very rare that CSC denies 485 and 140 together straight without sending out an RFE and allowing the petitioner to respond.

I hope I hear soon on my case.

"The company is a consulting company. "
-- I have seen couple of messages on this portal that, USCIS may issue RFE requiring "ability to pay" or "contract agreements with the end clients" etc etc when the sponsering company is a consulting company. I guess you might have seen those messages too, that some one was posted message saying "ACC Technologies" scam....etc etc.

" Fromr cases I have followed, if an RFE response is recd. by CSC and both the LUDs 485 and 140 change subsequently, it's almost always a denial, if both LUDs change for spouse it's a 100% denial."
-- Do you remember/know the reason of Denial in the above cases?

Ray S. said:
Master's in CS. EB2 exception ability. Joined the sponsoring company just before
applying for 140. The company is a consulting company. No RFEs fresh 140. Retrogression case hence 485 should not have been updated. It's a waiting game for me.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello,

Do you have any update on your case?

EB-U2 said:
Hi all,

I am facing a serious problem with my I-140 and I really appreciate any
information which may help me to make the best decision.

My attorney filed my I-140 under EB2 category but with a terrible mistake!
On my PERM labor cert. he has mentioned MS plus 1 year experience which seems ok for EB2 but the problem is that -for god knows what reasons-
he has mentioned BS + 3yrs experience as an alternate requirement.
We had a big argument before filing I-140 but he ensured me there is nothing to worry about!

I finally got an RFE on Feb 2nd and the letter came on 7th. The RFE basically concerns about EB2 Job requirement. Here is what we got on RFE:
“Minimum Education and experience less than advance degree”
It appears that the petitioner has filed for the wrong classification.
The minimum requirement listed on the form “ETA-750”, part A is less than an advanced degree or the equivalent………….

Anyway my smart! Attorney is going to reply the RFE and he believes he can win. He thinks that the requirement and alternate requirement which is new
in PERM are equivalent and is good enough to satisfy one at the time.
I really don’t get his logic!
At the same time he is going to file another PERM for me without that mistake so in case we lost this we have a chance to file another I-140 which qualifies for EB2 and hopefully link it to the current I-485.

The main issue is that I have traveled with my AP which I got last Sep. Now I am on AOS and I can be out of status if we don’t win the RFE!
So that’s why he is going to delay replying the RFE until we have other options lined up. But I thin the safe action is going back to H1 status asap.

Any idea if he can win or not? Any similar case?
All the suggestions are appreciated.

By the way I did hold MS plus 3yrs of experience before joining the current company.

EB2-CSC
PERM Applied: 7-14-05, AD: 7-29-05
I-140/I-485/EAD/AP: ND: 8-24-05

AP: AD: 10-04-05
EAD: AD: 9-25-05
I-140: LUD: 2-1-6, 2-2-6. RFE rcvd: 2-7-6

Comprehensive Immigration Reform Act of 2006 Draft <-- Guys, may be interested to you

Relay from immigration-law.com

Sen. Arlen Specter's "Comprehensive Immigration Reform Act of 2006" Draft

* AILA has obtained and summarized the draft of Senator Specter's draft of Comprehensive Immigration Reform Act of 2006, which will be introduced in the Senate Judiciary shortly (March 2, 2006). This is basically a Republican bill that put together various pending bills with some adjustments, such as the PACE Act, McCain-Kennedy bill, and other Comprehensive Immigration Reform bills. We are happy to report that when it comes to the employment-based immigration, this bill incorporates the following key elements:
o Recapture of employment-based immigration visa numbers since FY 2001
o Exempt from the employment-based numerical limitation of the spouses and children of the EB immigrants
o Exempt from the employment-based numerical limitation for (1) the advanced degree holders in Science, Technology, Engineering, or Mathematics with 3 years of work experience in the major fields in the U.S., or (2) National Interest Waiver EB-2. (For comparison with other bills, please revisit our summary report on 08/18/2005 in the Breaking News Archive.
o Increase of employment-based immigrant quota from 140,000 to 290,000 with the allocations in EB-1=15%, EB-2=15%, EB-3 Skilled Worker/Professional=35%, Other Worker (Unskilled)=Upto 30%, and EB-4 Investor Immigrant=5%.

o Special green card eligibility for the U.S. Doctorate Degree holders under the new F-4 visa program in Mathematics, Engineering, Technology or Physical Sciences with full full-time employment
o Increase of H-1B annual quota from 65,000 to 115,000 or a market-based increase beyond 115,000
o H-1B cap exempt for those advanced degree holders in the fields of Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics (not limited to the U.S. degree holders)
o New F-4 visa for those pursuing advanced degree program in Mathematics, Engineering, Technology or Physical Sciences with the accompanying benefits of "intending immigrant" in certain cases, special handling labor certification application for immigration, and for the doctoral degree holders in the U.S., green-card eligibility
o OPT period change for all the F-1 students from the current 12 months to 24 months and off-campus employment opportunity unrelated to the filed of study on or off academic terms under certain conditions.
* Unfortunately, the Senator dropped from S. 1932 the provision on availability of I-485 filings for employment-based immigrants during the period of retrogression. We urge the Senator to reinstate this provision in the final draft of his bill before it is introduced to the Senate Judiciary Committee. Community leaders, please urgently contact the Senator's office to urge him to reinstate this provision.

RFE on EAD application

thank you perm_faq

is there anyone who has gotten RFE on his/her EAD card application. I got RFE on mine (my wife has getten her EAD card already) the LUD which I see on my case is this:
"On February 16, 2006, we received your response to our request for evidence or information. It is taking between 75 and 90 days for us to process this kind of case. However because preliminary processing was complete, the remaining processing time will be less than the maximum stated in this message. You will receive a written decision on this case"

I want to know is there anyone which has the same experiance if so I want to know, how long it will take to get my EAD card. the RFE which they wanted was just my signature (I think my first signature was out of box or ...)

perm_faq said:
Comments are inline.....

azamani123,

I also have a RFE on EAD, the response was received by CSC by Feb. 13 with similar status message as yours. LUDs on 2/16, 2/19. nothing else yet.

azamani123 said:
thank you perm_faq

is there anyone who has gotten RFE on his/her EAD card application. I got RFE on mine (my wife has getten her EAD card already) the LUD which I see on my case is this:
"On February 16, 2006, we received your response to our request for evidence or information. It is taking between 75 and 90 days for us to process this kind of case. However because preliminary processing was complete, the remaining processing time will be less than the maximum stated in this message. You will receive a written decision on this case"

I want to know is there anyone which has the same experiance if so I want to know, how long it will take to get my EAD card. the RFE which they wanted was just my signature (I think my first signature was out of box or ...)

thank you gh0001

please keep updating about the LUD and/or the notices just in case. if there is any one on this issue please let us know. my case is EB-2

gh0001 said:
azamani123,

I also have a RFE on EAD, the response was received by CSC by Feb. 13 with similar status message as yours. LUDs on 2/16, 2/19. nothing else yet.

Any news in your LUDs Rays??

Ray S. said:
My LUD has changed on both 140 and 485 to 02/23/2006, no status change. Has this happened to anybody?

I have heard that if LUDs change on both 140 and 485 it leads to denial of both cases, can someone please comment?

RFE on EAD

today (2/27) I got LUD on my EAD application. the message is the same as before.

azamani123 said:
thank you gh0001

please keep updating about the LUD and/or the notices just in case. if there is any one on this issue please let us know. my case is EB-2

sure thing azamani123.

azamani123 said:
thank you gh0001

CSC August 2005 Filing I 140 Tracking

hi guys,

I140- applied date-Dec-2005

I140- pending in CSC

EB3- labour sub - Nov-9,2001

india

I485- retro( not applied)

pl, let me know how long will it take I140 to get clear

k bye

I-140 approved

Hi all,

I can't believe me eyes. I just got an approval email 2 mins ago.

Good luck to all. :D

As I was saying in my last message, probably you will be getting RFE either for "ability of pay" issue -OR- "contract agreement" with the end client, since you are working for a consulting company.

I think most of the cases filed from consultant companies will have RFEs.
-- Also, can you check whether your WAC number is there in the list that "gc_crack" is publishing it on another thread called "September 2005 cases"?

Ray S. said:
RFE's are only sent out by postal mail. My attorney will receive both next week.