CSC August 2005 Filing I-140 Tracking

Clarification about fingerprints!

I have finished I-485 biometrics and finger prints today at Oakland, CA. They took only for 485 and not for I-765.

My friend told me, I will get another notice for I - 765 in couple of weeks. For him, they took both at the same time.

And, my other friend told me, he got EAD after finishing his 485 FP. He hasn't get another notice. He says, it is not required to give FP again for I-765 for the first time. It requires only for renewal.

Gurus, Please provide your advice. Will I get another notice for I-765? or the one I finished will cover both I-485 or I-765.

PD - 01/16/2003
I-485 - RD: 09/28/2005 ND: 10/06/2005 LUD: 10/13/2005 FP: 11/01/2005
I-765 - RD: 09/28/2005 ND: 10/06/2005 LUD: 10/13/2005
I-140 - RD: 09/28/2005 ND: 10/06/2005 LUD: 10/13/2005

As far as i know fingerprinting done only once and too for only for I485 . I765 does not require any fingerprint.Once it is done it valid for 1 year.

Call Now !!!!

XXXX Restrictionists are trying to hijack the debate on immigration and YOU CAN STOP THEM!

Senator Byrd intends to offer an amendment tomorrow (11/2/05) to remove the H-1B and immigrant visa retrogression provisions passed by the Senate Judiciary Committee from the Budget Reconciliation Package.

AILA MEMBERS and ADVOCATES SHOULD CALL YOUR SENATORS -- AND HAVE YOUR CLIENTS CALL -- TO URGE A NO vote ON THE BYRD AMENDMENT IMMEDIATELY!!!
DO NOT LET THE RESTRICTIONISTS CONTROL THIS DEBATE!

CALL THE CAPITOL SWITCHBOARD: 202-224-3121
OR GET DIRECT LINES BY CLICKING HERE: http://capwiz.com/aila2/home/

Your phone call is critical to perserving the integrity of this debate about H-1B and Greencard Relief.

As always XXXXX, thank you for your support.
Sample Message:
"I am a concerned constituent calling to urge Senator ( name ) to vote against an amendment expected to be offered today to the Deficit Reduction Omnibus Reconciliation Act of 2005 by Senator Robert Byrd (D-WV). This amendment reverses action taken by the Senate Judiciary Committee to increase revenue by recapturing authorized, but never used, visa numbers for foreign workers with key skills in jobs for which U.S. workers are not available.
Sen. Byrd's amendment raises the revenue that would be lost by adopting the ill-advised House Judiciary Committee proposal to raise the fees on L-1 intra-company transferees to $1,500 per visa, which would discourage overseas companies from opening plants in the U.S. and would encourage countries to retaliate against U.S. companies seeking to transfer U.S. managers to oversee their international operations.
Please vote no when this amendment comes up for consideration. If not, the Senate will lose the opportunity to raise revenue by allowing the use of visas that were authorized by Congress, but never used due to administrative delays."

lifeislife got 2 LUDs on the 140 (July tracker). Updated the spreadsheet on his/her behalf. It seems it may take something between 20-days (!) to 4-months to hears something on I-140.

I was wondering if there is someone here that either
1 - his/her I-140 is approved and knows that namecheck is pending
2 - his/her I-140 is not approved, neither RFE but knows that namecheck is done

Finger Printing Issue

We had our Finger Printing done today.
There was one issue for my wife: 2 of her finger prints were coming bit light, and they said you might get another notice for finger printing in this case.

Does anyone else have heard about this thing before, any experiences?
Please advice.

Thanks!

Other than
Sanatima - EB2-NIW (Processing Date - June 02)
L1A24 - EB1 MNC Exec or Manager (Processing Date - June 16)

All the July ND cases in the excel sheet are touched/approved.

Hope they will process August cases in November.

Last edited by a moderator:
rajrw said:
Other than
Sanatima - EB2-NIW (Processing Date - June 02)
L1A24 - EB1 MNC Exec or Manager (Processing Date - June 16)

All the July ND cases in the excel sheet are touched/approved.

Hope they will process August cases in November.

Yet another day with no LUD on 140...

Please update if you had a LUD/RFE/Approval on your 140.

I went for a biometrics at San Jose today. My left little finger came up with a match warning. I never was in trouble with the law before...Is this going to call for more security checks and hold up the process??? Anyone with a similar experience.

I dont think Name Check has anything to do with your I140 application . I know several people whose Namecheck is pending but I140 is approved myself included.

shahramt said:
I was wondering if there is someone here that either
1 - his/her I-140 is approved and knows that namecheck is pending
2 - his/her I-140 is not approved, neither RFE but knows that namecheck is done

From the Web

11/03/2005: Byrd Amendment Just Rejected 03:02 EST

We thank the Senators who have agreed to importance of Section 8001 of S. 1932, and rejected the Byrd Amendment.
However, this is just the second hurdle we have overcome. Another monstrous hurdle is still ahead of us - Conference committee with the House. Now is the time to call the leaders and other members of the House of Representatives to let them understand how important this Senate bill is! Don't roll down your sleeves yet.
Look at the list of Senators who voted for Byrd and who voted against Byrd. Vote results <http://www.senate.gov/legislative/LIS/roll_call_lists/roll_call_vote_cfm.cfm?congress=109&session=1&vote=00295>.
In Minnesota, Senator Norm Coleman rejected the amendment and retiring Mark Dayton agreed with Byrd. Unreal! Good Bye, Mr. Dayton!

Finger print check and Name check

dude_frm_foaks said:
I dont think Name Check has anything to do with your I140 application . I know several people whose Namecheck is pending but I140 is approved myself included.

I knew someone already talked about this topic before. But I had hard time to find the answer. Can someone clear what is the difference between finger print check and name check? if my finger print is cleared with FBI. what does this mean?

THanks,

easterstr said:
I knew someone already talked about this topic before. But I had hard time to find the answer. Can someone clear what is the difference between finger print check and name check? if my finger print is cleared with FBI. what does this mean?

THanks,

According to gp111 and others (correct me if I am wrong):

FBI background criminal check is initiated with finger printing as part of the I-485 processing. I've heard the results come back rather quickly in few weeks.

Namecheck is initiated upon receiving the I-485 application and has something to do with security check. Not sure if department of homeland security is involved. This one tends to take longer specially for certain nationalities.

Supposedly they have nothing to do with I-140 except I-485 section used to issue finger print appointments after receiving I-140 approval. Since Aug they send finger print appointments within weeks of receiving 485 application.

http://www.ilw.com/immigdaily/news/2005,1102-huynh.shtm

I remember somebody in the forums mentioned that we can get info about finger print results by calling 304-625-2000 and namecheck by calling 202-324-3000. NNCP (National Name Check Process) had an e-mail address fbinncp@ic.fbi.gov which doesn't work anymore. That's all I know.

LUD Changed after FP but NO change in Status

We had our FP done on 11/02.
LUD changed on 11/03 for 485 but the status message is still the same.
Does anyone had same situation?
What does this mean?

Any update on 140 front? It's been quiet for quite some time...
Any LUD, approval, inquiry reply, phone call...?

Sorted the list on ND: