CSC August 2005 Filing I-140 Tracking

shaaka said:
Hello gp111 and gurus,

I changed the address on Oct 29 on the same day AP was approved and mailed. Where would have they sent the approval notice to my new address or to my old address?

Most likely, AP will go to your Old Address, If you have already asked USPS to forward your mail, it should be forwarded to new address

Please let me know. Also if i didn't receive the AP what are all the implication how do i get it back do i need to reapply the AP alone.

Wait for couple of weeks & see it USPS forwards the mail, If not you can call back to see if they have received it back. You can request then to send it to new address.

Immediately after i changed the address there were LUD changes on all my applications but the representative when i changed the address she said it takes 30 days to become effective.

30days is standard answer.. LUD changed means your address got updated

GP111 please respond.

Thanks
Shaaka

Information of travel based on AP

Lucky2005 said:
Thanks GP,
We are planning India trip, I just wanted to FP done early,
but If we have to go their again as per FP notice, then itz not worth taking the early appointment ( but I already took, so I have to make two trips).

This is another question, If I use AP, do I need to move to EAD, or the H1 will be valid?

Thanks in advance, you are very helpful.

Hello,
Are you planning with AP documents for your India Trip ? I am thinking to do the same. Please provide some information about the documents to carry for me and my wife. We both applied for AP on Sep 27,2005. Once it is approved i also want to plan India trip.
Thanks,

Hi gp111,
When i got the reciept notice i took an appointment for biometrics on this thursday and after a week i got the FPNotice which is scheduled in december. can I cancel the appointment which I took and keep the appointment as per FP notice. What will happen if i do like that? Pls. give me advice.. I will be waiting for the reply. Thank you..

Thanks&Regards
-Lucky2005

Waiting_LC_GC said:
Hello,
Are you planning with AP documents for your India Trip ? I am thinking to do the same. Please provide some information about the documents to carry for me and my wife. We both applied for AP on Sep 27,2005. Once it is approved i also want to plan India trip.
Thanks,

You will need

Passport
Original AP
Copy of I-485 Receipt.

Lucky2005 said:
Hi gp111,
When i got the reciept notice i took an appointment for biometrics on this thursday and after a week i got the FPNotice which is scheduled in december. can I cancel the appointment which I took and keep the appointment as per FP notice. What will happen if i do like that? Pls. give me advice.. I will be waiting for the reply. Thank you..

Thanks&Regards
-Lucky2005

GO This Thrusday with your confirmation number & the FP notice. It will be considered as early FP & you are good to go.

tantan said:
I guess you can always ask USPS to forward the mails to your new address:

https://moversguide.usps.com/mgservice/help?step=2&grouppos=2

This is what i found after doing a little bit of research with the postal department...

Any federal gov and state gov letters will not be forwarded even if mail forwarding is requested.

If mail forwarding is requested (All normal mails other than gov letters will be delivered at new address) and all gov letters will be held at post office for 10 days and will be returned back to corresponding gov agency...

I didn't do forward request to my new mailing address so postal carrier said it will be delivered to old address. I have access to this old postal box for two weeks hope i can get it from there....

Thanks for all your information.

Thanks

gp111 said:
You will need

Passport
Original AP
Copy of I-485 Receipt.

Thanks GP,
It makes me feel better as i do not need to worry for visa stamping of 7th year. Hopefully, by that time, my EAD will also get approved.

Thanks a lot. You are as always helpful.

gp111 said:
GO This Thrusday with your confirmation number & the FP notice. It will be considered as early FP & you are good to go.

Thank you for ur reply.. It is very helpful for me...

FP Appointment

Hey guys,
How does it work? do we have to call and set appointment for FP? I asked my atorney and he said they will set it automatically, but I see some of you guys are getting appointments. Would it generally make the process faster to call and set the appointment or not to disturb their process and let them set it automatically?

Thanks

Ray S. said:
How do we start using our EAD? ask the employer to record it or is there a process?

Send a copy of EAD to your HR & ask then to update I-9 (Employment Eligibility Verification) in your HR File.

Esfahan said:
Hey guys,
How does it work? do we have to call and set appointment for FP? I asked my atorney and he said they will set it automatically, but I see some of you guys are getting appointments. Would it generally make the process faster to call and set the appointment or not to disturb their process and let them set it automatically?

Thanks

This is what I know. Not sure if it's accurate:

Those with ND before Aug ~15 will be recieving appointment letter later when USCIS gets to their 485 cases.

Those with ND between Aug 15 and early Sept, got an instruction on their 485 receipts to schedule an appintment. That's why they've been making calls...

Those with ND after early Sept are receiving the appointment letter within weeks after filing.

If you already have an appointment, you can always go to an USCIS local office and try to get it done earlier. They may or may not do it.

Hope that helps,

tantan said:
This is what I know. Not sure if it's accurate:

Those with ND before Aug ~15 will be recieving appointment letter later when USCIS gets to their 485 cases.

Those with ND between Aug 15 and early Sept, got an instruction on their 485 receipts to schedule an appintment. That's why they've been making calls...

Those with ND after early Sept are receiving the appointment letter within weeks after filing.

If you already have an appointment, you can always go to an USCIS local office and try to get it done earlier. They may or may not do it.

Hope that helps,

My ND is July 27th, The FP notice is issued one day after I-140 approval. I don't know if this is a coincidence or not.

AP Approved

Got my AP approved

CA-RIR/EB2
LC Approved:: Aug 31st
485/140/EAD/AP:: Sept 19th
EAD Approved :: October 22nd
AP Approved :: October 31st

I140 - what's happening?

Any possible theory on why we dont see any I140 approvals these days. Their was a short duration where we saw some approvals and date moved to Jul 29th. Now it is dead again. I hope we will see some approvals very soon.

Raj

rajrw said:
Any possible theory on why we dont see any I140 approvals these days. Their was a short duration where we saw some approvals and date moved to Jul 29th. Now it is dead again. I hope we will see some approvals very soon.

Raj

Based on the spreadsheet:

Except for two - which we can ignore from the statistics - looks like they have gone till the first week of Aug on 140 front. Obviously not everybody in the spreadsheet keeps updating his/her status and the spreadsheet is a small sample of the applicants. How small I don't know.

You are right, we had bunch of RFEs and approvals back a month ago in a period of two weeks.

We just have to wait...

Question

Do we have to get the FP done before we receive the EAD and AP ? I have recd a FP notice asking me to show up at Nov 26th. Should I try to go earlier to fasten my EAD and AP approval ? Or it doesn not matter ? Please explain. Thanks.

I-140, I-485, EAD, AP etc - RD - Sep 28, 2005
I-140, I-485, EAD, AP etc- ND - October 3, 2005

buckleup1

No LUD changes for I-485 after FP

My spouse and I got our biometrics taken at the San Jose ASC on Oct 22. My LUD was updated Oct 25 and the message changed to "results of your fingerprints have been received and processing has resumed on your case". My wife's LUD has not changed.

Has anyone experienced something similar? Any ideas?

Dont worry, same thing happened for my case too. My status mssg changed within 3 days, however my wife's changed after 2.5 weeks.

global_goonda said:
My spouse and I got our biometrics taken at the San Jose ASC on Oct 22. My LUD was updated Oct 25 and the message changed to "results of your fingerprints have been received and processing has resumed on your case". My wife's LUD has not changed.

Has anyone experienced something similar? Any ideas?