CSC August 2005 Filing I-140 Tracking

Ray S. said:
what is going to be the impact on cases applied in september? does receiving a 485 receipt indicate that we don't have to worry about retrogression any more? My case was applied on sep 2nd haven't received any receipt yet.

IF EB-2 retrogresses beyond your PD, you will still get EAD/AP/140 but will have to wait till PD becomes current to get I-485 approval.

gp111 said:
IF EB-2 retrogresses beyond your PD, you will still get EAD/AP/140 but will have to wait till PD becomes current to get I-485 approval.
In the I485 receipt, A# is already assigned, what does it mean? anyone knows

only i485 will be pending, I-140 can be approved as its got nothing to do with retrogression
AP and EAD can also be obtained even if your pd is not current. (presuming you have already filed for i485 and its pending because of retrogression)

There are 2 places where retrogression comes into picture

1)date of filing of i-485
2)date of adjudication of i-485

at both these times the PD should be current
People like us got through step1 and have to face step2

(adjudication of our i485 will occur only when the visa bulletin dates reach our PD)
some others will be stuck at step 1) .Note that since their PD is not current they can even file i-485 which means they cant file for ead /ap (since theres no pending 485 application)

Regarding AC21 , you are correct but sometimes those cases get extra scrutiny and also transfers to the local office . In general I believe most people use it as a last option (employer really really sucks , layoffs and so on)

GC4Allu said:
Re scheduled the appoinment for next week Sept 15th. I will update once done. I hope it will be like regular finger prints .

Did you receive the confirmation number (that they give on phone) for the FP appointment via (snail) mail?

I-140 Lud !

Hi,

Some time back, I've created a Portfolio in USCIS Case Status Website with receipt numbers of I-140/485 and others. Today, I noticed that Last Update for I-140 is on 09/08/2005. I haven't got any e-mail notification for this last update. Any guess what could be last update?

some one with Jan 98 PD must have completed his 6 years of H1 + 2 years of extension assuming he started his labor immediately after getting H1. Isnt this ridiculous !! This is how immigration is :(

nother1inline,

No I never got any mail regarding the confirmation number. Did any one with FP appointment on 485 Receipt got the confirmation number through mail?

No i did not get anything in the mail but have the confirmation number which the ASC lady told me is needed when i go for FP.

Question of the day - EB2 vs EB3

Just 4 out of 24 entries in our tracker xls are EB3 cases.

Now, a common assumption is that the folks visiting this forum are a true representative of the actual population filing for greencards. If so, then extrapolating that assumption to the tracker is resonable.

What should we conclude ?

1. Since most PDs are around 2001/2002 - there were far more cases filed in EB2 (than EB3) during that time - i.e. EB2 is going to retrogress badly in the coming months ?

2. EB3s are just shy human beings by nature?

3. EB3s are more hardworking (then EB2s) and dont waste their working hours browsing anonymous message boards ?

4. EB3s are linux fans - they hate microsoft and dont understand excel.

5. EB3s are actually very smart. They remain in stealth mode never divulging their secrets while constantly updating their knowhow from others' collective knowledge.

anyone else with any explanation ?

Last edited by a moderator:
dkgdkg said:
Hi,

Some time back, I've created a Portfolio in USCIS Case Status Website with receipt numbers of I-140/485 and others. Today, I noticed that Last Update for I-140 is on 09/08/2005. I haven't got any e-mail notification for this last update. Any guess what could be last update?

I still don't have any LUD on my I-140 with ND of Aug 4. I am guessing
every time an officer logs into somebody's account LUD changes. But it
will only send e-mails when the officer actually selects a prepared
message and sends it out.

pklam said:
No i did not get anything in the mail but have the confirmation number which the ASC lady told me is needed when i go for FP.
I got confirmation number when I made this appointment. Person told me over phone only. I didn't get any mail notification.

AILA post on visa bulletin

From AILA Info net site.

Unofficial Visa Bulletin: Employment-Based Categories May Show Early Cut-Off Dates
An unofficial copy of the October 2005 Visa Bulletin posted to the Manila consulate's website shows severe retrogressions in India and China employment-based first and second preferences, and early cutoff dates in worldwide third preference. This is not the final Bulletin, and its information may change, but it is very likely that the final will be close to, if not the same as, this version.

mogambo2495 said:
They surely will deliver my GC on my dead body. They are detrmined so I give up.
4+ year and counting. (projecting another 3+years)

Yep... No Hops of GC for atleast few years :(

BTW, did anyone saw any LUD change on I-140/485 ? My I-140 LUD changed couple of times recently (last LUD is today).. Also my wife's I-485 LUD changed two time.. Wonder whats happening.

gp111 said:
Yep... No Hops of GC for atleast few years :(

BTW, did anyone saw any LUD change on I-140/485 ? My I-140 LUD changed couple of times recently (last LUD is today).. Also my wife's I-485 LUD changed two time.. Wonder whats happening.

Both our LUDs were 8/17!

I140 - Update resume need?

Hi Folks,

I'm filling my I140. My attorney asks for my updated resume. I read some where like.... not to give updated one, it should be the old one that attorney used to file my labor. Please suggest me?

Next question: CP is a good option? How long CP will take?

Thanks.

Updated resume for I140? How long CP will take?

Hi Folks,

I'm filling my I140. My attorney asks for my updated resume. I read some where like.... not to give updated one, it should be the old one that attorney used to file my labor. Please suggest me?

Next question: CP is a good option? How long CP will take to process?

State: CA
Type: RIR

Thanks.