CSC August 2005 Filing I-140 Tracking

rajrw said:
hi Sanjeev,
Did you get appointment for Biometrics only, or does that include finger prints?
Raj
Yes ... Biometrics includes Photo and Finger printing ...

am i missing something?

Am I missing something or have people scheduled FP appointments even before getting any notification for even AP/EAD?

Also, for those of you who have appointments scheduled, did you get a separate notification for the same, or was it on one of your receipts received from USCIS?

I talked to my lawyers and they said that I will get a separate notification to schedule the FP...and that it would happen after 4-5 months and that they would also get the same notice.

I am confused. :-(

oh no !!

simranb,

thanks for the update. This is exactly what I was afraid of when I wrote 1 month ago :

http://boards.immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?p=1219931#post1219931

and no, there is nothing wrong with the update. check the EAD dates - they did progress by 1 month.

AP, 140 and 485 are stuck in the same rut

simranb said:
is something wrong?
USCIS builtein(Sept 06) is still showing May02,2005 as processing dates for the I140?
Also I485 is stuck at the same date Apr 01, 2005

https://egov.immigration.gov/cris/jsps/Processtimes.jsp?SeviceCenter=California

gp111 said:
Did anyone trying calling service center (1-800-375-5283) & schedule FP/Biometrics Appointment evenif the I-485 receipt does not mention about it ?
Looks like cases received after 8/15 has the information about scheduling of FP - (attached sample of it). Cases like me (received before 8/15) does not have any instructions about FP.

Attached snapshot is taken from one of the case receipt with RD of 8/19.

Thanks, gp111. I was a little confused with everyone talking about FP and biometrics in this August forum, whereas I am in July and have no idea what the talk is all about. Maybe your observation about pre-8/15 and post-8/15 is what it is.

But why schedule FP and Biometrics for post-8/15? What happens to everyone up to then?

Strange is not the word :-(

I cannot rely on their updates as my AP RD is July 27th and already approved about a week ago and their website shows July 7th.

typically, they maynot update if processing date is +/- 1month. its just a ballpark - but a pretty close ballpark.

if it says 485/140 in april/may, that means we are still screwed.

shahramt said:
I cannot rely on their updates as my AP RD is July 27th and already approved about a week ago and their website shows July 7th.

shahramt said:

I agree.

I know there have been applications already approved from Apr and May.
There must have been some that got RFE and still in process. And maybe
that's why USCIS update doesn't show any progress.

I am positive that we will hear something from early Aug I-140 applications
mid next month.

140/485 standstill at CSC

I hope this is not the start of another long wait .From past 2.5 months dates of i-140/485 have made almost no progress at CSC.
Whats the deal with this ?

the last time I counted, there were 3 months - may, june, july, before they even get to august. and for the last 3 months, 140 has progressed by just 1 week.

tantan said:
I agree.

I know there have been applications already approved from Apr and May.
There must have been some that got RFE and still in process. And maybe
that's why USCIS update doesn't show any progress.

I am positive that we will hear something from early Aug I-140 applications
mid next month.

how do we send mails to murthy and rajeev ?

any ideas ? would really really really like to understand what is going on with CSC

arbit007 said:
I hope this is not the start of another long wait .From past 2.5 months dates of i-140/485 have made almost no progress at CSC.
Whats the deal with this ?

how long does it say in your 140/485 status/recipeits/notices

I believe they are saying it will take anywhere from 360 to 420 days for 485, any idea how long for 140 ?

Does anyone know for SURE where AP is sent to? I have got my EAD card (sent to my home) but not received the AP yet. Does it go to the lawyer?

shahramt said:
Does anyone know for SURE where AP is sent to? I have got my EAD card (sent to my home) but not received the AP yet. Does it go to the lawyer?

I received at my home address.

Ray S. said:
Hello!

I applied for my I-485/EAD/AP/I-140 on Sep 2nd, when can I expect the 485 receipt?

2 weeks

Will the receipts be sent to me or my attorney?

Attorney

Thanks for your help.

lifeislife said:
Am I missing something or have people scheduled FP appointments even before getting any notification for even AP/EAD?

Also, for those of you who have appointments scheduled, did you get a separate notification for the same, or was it on one of your receipts received from USCIS?

----------
[dkgdkg]: I485 receipt said, "If this receipt is for an I-90, I-485, or I-698 application
Biometrics - (fingerprint, photo, signature)
The next step is to have your biometrics taken at a USCIS Application Support Center (ASC).
Call customer service at 1.800.375.5283 to schedule your appointment....... It is important that you schedule an appointment. We cannot complete certain steps in processing until you appear for this appointment.
....."

My lawyer told me, "Yes-- go ahead and schedule the fingerprinting... the process is changing to speed the AOS processing"
---------

I talked to my lawyers and they said that I will get a separate notification to schedule the FP...and that it would happen after 4-5 months and that they would also get the same notice.

I am confused. :-(

shahramt said:

I got the cards yesterday sent on Sep 1. Haven't got the AP yet sent on
Aug 31. Must be on the way... I'll wait another couple days then contact
the lawyer.

qwerty1111 said:
I believe they are saying it will take anywhere from 360 to 420 days for 485, any idea how long for 140 ?

Does it even matter what they say is the estimated time for approvals? We all just came from a the labor approval process, right :)

ead received ap not received

Folks
I am in a similar situation. EAD approved and received
AP is approved and mailed on august 31st but not yet received(which is strange since they are mailed from within california)
Please post here if you receive yours.