CSC August 2005 Filing I-140 Tracking

Come on immi Gurus. Someone must know the mystry of how INS selects cases for processing so please enlighten me with the knowledge. Thanks in advance.

GCard_Dream said:
In the Excel spreadsheet provided in this forum, I see that myslm's I-140 case has been approved which has a RD of 8/30. Does that mean all cases prior to that has been atleast looked at if not decided due to RFEs or whatever. If not, is INS picking up the cases randomly because I haven't seen anyone in this forum being approved who has a RD from 8/16 - 8/29. On the other hand, there are plenty of people whose RD/ND is prior to 8/30 yet there cases are still pending? Is there any other criteria other than the RD/ND which influences when those cases are processed by INS?

Would someone please clarify this for me?

GCard_Dream said:
Come on immi Gurus. Someone must know the mystry of how INS selects cases for processing so please enlighten me with the knowledge. Thanks in advance.

It depends on to which officer your case has gone. Some of them like to go thru all cases in hand (around current processing date) & approve the one which is 100% on first run. while other officers follows the ND & don't approved randomly.

Processing times updated

485 - no change :mad: - still june 16. Frozen for past 6 months !!!

140, eb2 aug 8, eb3 aug 4

Last edited by a moderator:
GCard_Dream,

As per my understanding, INS "forks/initiates" several other process such as name check, back ground check, finger prints (which are collectively called as bio-graphic evaluation), with several other federal agencies and then it awaits their response. I had come across some people saying that 'name check, or back-ground checks' possibly takes years with FBI. Finally, when INS sees all this information, it tries to "join" those process results before it awaits for "visa number" availability to make final decision on the case.

Normally, INS initiates such steps though the visa numbers are retrogressed or not-available. Because, it needs to be checked only at the end of the pipe. [thats the difference for filers whose 485 is pending and who filed 140 only]. And the INS will and should start off the process as per its "processing time schedules" published fortnight. Hope that makes sense :cool:

GCard_Dream said:

Thanks Gp111. I think it makes sense.

gp111 said:
It depends on to which officer your case has gone. Some of them like to go thru all cases in hand (around current processing date) & approve the one which is 100% on first run. while other officers follows the ND & don't approved randomly.

qwerty1111 said:
485 - no change :mad: - still june 16. Frozen for past 6 months !!!

140, eb2 aug 8, eb3 aug 4

Where do you see the processing Dates. I don't see it updated on the Website.

Processsing Report

I did a refresh many times. Got a message "Stop Irritating". :) But the report still said Jan 6th.

GCard_Dream said:
I can't see it either even after 20 or so refresh. Did I fall a sleep during "Internet 101" class ? :)

In the firefox, even after refreshing still says Jan 06, but when i used IE, it gave me a report for Jan 24. I think, you should clear your cache and try again

Received I-140 Receipt Notice at last

Hi abu2003,

May you live a 1000 years. My lawyer received the I-140 Receipt Notice yesterday.

My mind had been racked with all sorts of conspiracy theories including that the aliens had abducted my I-140 application.

You are right. it's an important theme of the GC process "Keep The Faith".
That's all what we've got in this rollercoaster ride.

abu2003 said:
Dont worry. You will get yours soon. Keep the faith.

abu

:)

Hi endeavour2003,
I am happy for you. May the rest of your process go smoothly.
I received the finger print notice for me/wife. It is scheduled for 1st February. It came in US mail from INS directly to my home address.

abu2003

gc_crack,

Cross-chargeability allows to one to use his/her spouse nationlity to file 485 if the spouse country is NOT retrogressed.
For example: He = India, Her = Singapore or some other country not retrogressed.
Then "He" cannot file 485 due to retrogression, but "He" can try filing using his spouse's ["Her"] nationality.

LOL - what a example!

gc_crack said:
What is cross chargability?

hi gc_crack,
I will give you my own example for cross chargeablity. I am from India, for which visa numbers are not currently available, which boils down to the fact that I cannot apply for I-485/EAD/AP etc., until visa number becomes current for my priority date(the date when labor was applied).
However, my spouse who is on a dependant visa(H4) is also doing adjustment of status(basically I-485) with me and she happens to be from a country for which visa numbers are currently available. Therefore, based on the visa numbers of my spouse's country, I automatically become eligible to do adjustment of status(ie apply for I-485). This is called Cross Chargeability. The only catch here is that, my spouse should be BORN in that country for which visa numbers are available. It is not enough if she was BORN in a country for which visa numbers are unavailable but later ACQUIRED CITIZENSHIP in a country for which visa numbers are available. Yep, it is a bit confusing. Read it 2 or 3 times, you will get a feel for it.:)

abu2003