CP in Chennai how long for Parents ?

Question about the lung X Ray

Hi Jenimmi

After reviewing your post, I asked my Mom to go for X-Ray xamination. She had Asthama for few years. She has not had Asthma attack for few years now, but Ihave hard that usually Ashthma patients have some scratches in the lung. When she went for the x-ray, the radiologist sad that she has minor scratches in teh lungs - I was wondering if this is going to be a problem for the immigration visa? Is this curable? Any body with similar experience? Please help. Please note that she has not been for the formal meical examination - this was something we did on our own. Help is appreciated.

Regards
Dip123

jenimmi said:
Thank you Jyo, Az and Visaapplicant for your wishes.
az, looking forward to your update when your wife arrives.

My Dad got his PP 4 days after his interview. He got 2 sealed packets for the Immigration officer at POE. He suspects that one has all the documents and the other his medical (for follow-up test). God knows what's in that!!

He's tentatively planned his travel around the end of Dec. Keeping my fingers crossed for the interview at POE.

Would our folks get the SSN after they arrive as part of the process or is it something that they should apply after they get the GC? a little confused now..

dip-

She should still go for the medical exam after she gets the interview packet, assuming your Mom's also going thru CP. The lab will send the test results including the X-ray to the doctor, she picks. She should ask the doctor to let her know if he finds something unusual.

In your Mom's case this should not be an issue at all, as I believe USCIS is only concerned about granting immigrant visas for people with communicable diseases. I don't think Asthma is such. But the doctor should be knowledgeable enough to know that if at all, the test X-ray results show any scratches in the lungs, then it is due to asthma and not TB. Even in the worst case he suspects it to be caused by TB, he would ask her to go for further testing to evaluate if it's TB or not. Then the tests would most likely come out negative for TB, so you shouldn't worry about it.

Even in my Dad's case, he was granted the immigrant visa but of course, there is an indication that there would be a follow-up visit in the US. May be becaue they suspected something in the X-ray, but the follow-up TB tests came out negative. I guess in our case, we'll worry about it after what they say at the POE, but at least his entry is guaranteed.

Good luck!

I-130 timeline

How long is it taking for I-130 approvals for parents. I applied for my mother last week.
1) Will we get NOA & no. to check status on USCIS website as in case of N-400.
2) Is there any major difference in TSC & CSC timelines. I am filing from CSC.

Can people post their timelines please?

Thanks.

Thanks

jenimmi said:
dip-

She should still go for the medical exam after she gets the interview packet, assuming your Mom's also going thru CP. The lab will send the test results including the X-ray to the doctor, she picks. She should ask the doctor to let her know if he finds something unusual.

In your Mom's case this should not be an issue at all, as I believe USCIS is only concerned about granting immigrant visas for people with communicable diseases. I don't think Asthma is such. But the doctor should be knowledgeable enough to know that if at all, the test X-ray results show any scratches in the lungs, then it is due to asthma and not TB. Even in the worst case he suspects it to be caused by TB, he would ask her to go for further testing to evaluate if it's TB or not. Then the tests would most likely come out negative for TB, so you shouldn't worry about it.

Even in my Dad's case, he was granted the immigrant visa but of course, there is an indication that there would be a follow-up visit in the US. May be becaue they suspected something in the X-ray, but the follow-up TB tests came out negative. I guess in our case, we'll worry about it after what they say at the POE, but at least his entry is guaranteed.

Good luck!

Thansk Jenimmi for the detailed reply. Is the follow on TB test blood test based?

Regards
Dip123

RFE due to I-130 first/name last name confusion

Hello all,
what is the procedure for correcting a mistake in I130, I had incorrectly :eek: got first name last name for my dad in the wrong columns. Now I get an RFE for my dad and mom due to mismatch. Once I correct this the RFEs wont be necessary.

what should I do now.
just send a response to RFE with the correction?
need to file a form /fee for amending I-130?
need reapply the I-130?

appreciate any suggestions or experiences on this..

thanks..!
Rajax

Last edited by a moderator:
dip123 said:
Thansk Jenimmi for the detailed reply. Is the follow on TB test blood test based?

Regards
Dip123

I just checked with him. He got what is called a sputum test (spitting of mucus.. ooh.. sorry for being so gross :) ) for 3 consecutive days, the result of which came negative for TB. No blood test.

My Dad's immigration experience at POE

My Dad arrived this week. His experience at POE was totally without any incident, almost an anti climax, I would say.

He stood in the GC line. He handed both envelope to the officer (the other one was medical related). The officer asked him if it was his first time in US, and my Dad said he had been here several times on visitor visa. He was then directed to the back room.

In the back room his wait was about 15 mins, before he was called by an officer. She just asked him to sign some document (which he doesn't recall what it was, but thinks the signature will go on the GC) and handed him back the medical envelope saying "why did Chennai consulate ever send this here?". She told him that they don't need such things here. Anyway, when my Dad got the medical envelope from her he saw that it just had the x-ray and nothing else.
She told him he would get the GC and the SS.

We are wondering what would happen to the follow-up medical test that was mentioned at his interview. The officer at the POE didn't mention it at all, my Dad didn't ask anybody there, either. We are waiting to hear either from Immigration or from some other Governmental agency regarding this.

Does anyone know if we don't hear about this at all, whom should we contact regarding this? Would it be USCIS or which other agency should we get in touch with?

thank You

Hi Jenimmi

thansk for the info. it is good to know this so that htye are prepared for any tests if needed.

regards
Dip123

jenimmi said:
I just checked with him. He got what is called a sputum test (spitting of mucus.. ooh.. sorry for being so gross :) ) for 3 consecutive days, the result of which came negative for TB. No blood test.

congratulations!!!

congratulations jenimmi. zgood to hea that everythign went well for our father's case. Appreciate all your inputs on this board.

regards
Dip123

jenimmi said:
My Dad arrived this week. His experience at POE was totally without any incident, almost an anti climax, I would say.

He stood in the GC line. He handed both envelope to the officer (the other one was medical related). The officer asked him if it was his first time in US, and my Dad said he had been here several times on visitor visa. He was then directed to the back room.

In the back room his wait was about 15 mins, before he was called by an officer. She just asked him to sign some document (which he doesn't recall what it was, but thinks the signature will go on the GC) and handed him back the medical envelope saying "why did Chennai consulate ever send this here?". She told him that they don't need such things here. Anyway, when my Dad got the medical envelope from her he saw that it just had the x-ray and nothing else.
She told him he would get the GC and the SS.

We are wondering what would happen to the follow-up medical test that was mentioned at his interview. The officer at the POE didn't mention it at all, my Dad didn't ask anybody there, either. We are waiting to hear either from Immigration or from some other Governmental agency regarding this.

Does anyone know if we don't hear about this at all, whom should we contact regarding this? Would it be USCIS or which other agency should we get in touch with?

Jen,

Congratulations to you and your Dad! It is like a nice Christmas present for you!

I know that you want to close the medical test issue. It seems that it is closed and you don't have to worry about anything unless Dept of State, CIS or other govt agency contacts you which is highly unlikely. It is an example of over enthusiastic consulate staff. When all the tests were fine, what was the point of handing the other envelope?

The GC journey for both your parents is over. :) Thanks again for all your help. Hopefully you will continue to visit this forum.

Congrats Jen! Glad to know that your dad arrived without any problems. I wouldn't worry about those medical tests anymore. Like visaapplicant said, you don't need to do anything unless you hear from them. Good luck to you.

Congratulations Jen! Very happy to hear about your father's easy admission. Like Az and Visaapp have said, I don't think you need to follow up on the medical tests, especially since there is no written record.

My mother will be coming on Feb 20th. Hope her experience is as easy.

card received

My wife received her plastic card this week. It took close to a month after her arrival to get the card. In the meantime, she received 4 welcome letters from USCIS. Haven't heard anything so far about the social security card, I guess we will have to call and find out.

Thank you very much, dip123, visaapp, Az and Jyo.

Az - Congratulations on your wife getting the GC. That's really a big deal taken care of. If you don't get the SSN within a reasonable period of time, I think you can follow up with the SS office about it.

About my Dad, I hope to get some comfort from your words and will be totally happy if he gets his GC without any intervention. I recently saw on my Dad's immigrant visa there is an annotation that says something like "Follow-up medical test" - not clear as it is kind of coded on the bottom of the visa.

If he doesn't get the GC in about a month, then I would be worried. Let's say if one doesn't get his GC within 6 weeks, is there a number to contact? Not that it would happen, but just want to be prepared. Thanks!

VisaApp -

I just saw your signature..Pretty quick processing of your parents case at NVC - seems to have made up for all the delay at USCIS. Did they already get an interview date yet?

Received SSN

What a twist!! My Dad got his SSN by mail, but not his GC yet.

Happy New Year to my friends here at the Portal.

jenimmi said:
VisaApp -

I just saw your signature..Pretty quick processing of your parents case at NVC - seems to have made up for all the delay at USCIS. Did they already get an interview date yet?

Jen,

Happy New Year yo you as well.

Yes, the case moved relatively quickly at NVC. However it did not make up for the delay in I130 approval. I believe I130 approval (which took 6 months) took about 3 months longer than usual. If they get interview in Feb, that will be exactly 3 months behind your Dad's interview and we had about the same filing date for I130. My parents probably just missed Jan interview based on when the case was transferred and schedules were decided for Jan. Hopefully they will get interview in early Feb.

Congrats on SSN. It can take upto 6-8 weeks for receiving GC based on people's experience here. Like you said, there will not be any need but if you have to; you probably will have to setup Infopass at DO.

Happy New Year to you Jen. Congrats on your dad getting his SSN. My wife still hasn't received hers after 5 weeks, we are going to call the SS office today.

Thanks for the wishes, everyone.

visaApp - Thanks for the tip. So, I guess I have to make an Infopass appt at my DO if we don't get the GC in 6-8 weeks. Wishing you and your parents good luck for the interview.

az - what did SS office had to say? Good luck with them ;)

Jyo - Yes, hopefully your Mom's entry will be just as smooth as others. Good luck!