CP in Chennai how long for Parents ?

Thank you, visaapp. Hope your parents' processing goes smoothly, and they arrive safely.

Danp, your mother can take her immunization records to her medical check-up. The doctor will decide what she needs. Usually, in my limited experience, I have observed that even if one does not have any record, the doctor administers only a couple of shots. Regarding the visitor's visa rejections, they don't figure in an immigrant visa interview, unless something illegal turns up. So don't worry (my mother's visitor's visa application was rejected twice, and no mention of that was made in her interview).

Thank you, Abby. Don't worry about your parents at all. There is no interview conducted at the port of entry. All that your parents need to show is the immigrant visa in the passport, and the sealed envelope given by the consulate (for each of them). Their passports will be stamped to show that they have entered, the sealed envelopes will be taken, and each of them will be fingerprinted (index finger only). My mother said that nothing was asked at all. The processing was extremely quick. Good luck to your parents!

Hi Jyotsnar....Biographical information for Part I

Hello
I have a copy of my mothers passport...the first page with her photo...and the last page with her father's name...address etc.

What do you mean by biographical information? What should I do send with Part I.

Thanks
Danp

Biographical Information

Hi Jyotsnar....Biographical information for Part I

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello
I have a copy of my mothers passport...the first page with her photo...and the last page with her father's name...address etc.

What do you mean by biographical information? What should I do send with Part I.

Thanks
Danp

Danp,
You probably have all that is needed. Biographical information is your mother's name, date of birth, etc., which is usually found on the passport page with the photograph. You can send the copies of all the pages that you mentioned (to be on the safe side).

-Jyotsna

Police certificate...

Thanks Jyotsnar...

I just called india...and enquired about the PCC. I said that I need one from the local and one from the Regional Passport office.
They were confused....they said...if you ask the Regional...it will come back to local...so why not get it only from local.

Please help...how I should I approach this problem......

Danp

Congrats Jyo & Mom !!

Hellooo Jyo -

I just logged in today after a long time. And it was a nice surprise to see your post. I'm happy for you, after all the fretting and delays and what not - finally you are through with all that!

Just as everyone else, she should get her SSN and GC within the next 6 weeks. Way to go, girl!

VisaApp -

Just saw your signature. Finally, an interview :)
You must be very thrilled. Good luck to you guys!

Thank you Jen! It was my good fortune that your, Az's and my applications were so synchronized, we could continuously check notes with each other. I could not have survived without your help. I am very happy that all our journeys have ended well. Good luck to you in your future!

Congrats Jyo, on your's mom's "uneventful" arrival !!! It certainly is a big relief when your relative actually arrives here. Like Jen said, your mom should be getting her SSN and GC soon.

My wife too finally got her SSN (after a long delay due to some USCIS and SSA bungling). But it finally arrived, better late than never, I guess. :)

Thank you, visaapp. Hope your parents' processing goes smoothly, and they arrive safely.

Danp, your mother can take her immunization records to her medical check-up. The doctor will decide what she needs. Usually, in my limited experience, I have observed that even if one does not have any record, the doctor administers only a couple of shots. Regarding the visitor's visa rejections, they don't figure in an immigrant visa interview, unless something illegal turns up. So don't worry (my mother's visitor's visa application was rejected twice, and no mention of that was made in her interview).

Thank you, Abby. Don't worry about your parents at all. There is no interview conducted at the port of entry. All that your parents need to show is the immigrant visa in the passport, and the sealed envelope given by the consulate (for each of them). Their passports will be stamped to show that they have entered, the sealed envelopes will be taken, and each of them will be fingerprinted (index finger only). My mother said that nothing was asked at all. The processing was extremely quick. Good luck to your parents!

jyotsnar~

Thanks for the peace of mind.... I hope everything goes well.... :)

Abby

An update on my mother's GC process

My mother received two welcome letters in close succession, nearly four weeks after arrival. The first one had her name and mine wrong, but the second one had them right, so it looks like they corrected themselves.

Jyotsna,

It is good and quite interesting that USCIS corrected the mistake on its own! Hopefully you will receive the card and SSN soon.

Thank you, visaapp. Yes, I was pleasantly surprised when we received the corrected letter. Saved me some trouble. Haven't heard about the SSN, though. Will let you know how it goes.

Hopefully everything goes well with your parents too.

Mother received green card

My mother received her green card in the mail yesterday. We have not heard about her SSN, though.

Congrats Jyotsna!

She should be getting her SSN soon. If you don't get anything 6 - 8 weeks after arrival, try to get in touch with the local SS office. Better yet, call the 800 number first to see what they have to say.