CP in Chennai how long for Parents ?

Medical done

My wife finished her medical exam today. She had the labwork completed on Monday, went in the morning for the tests, and picked up the report in the afternoon.

She went to Dr. Vijayalakshmi for her medical exam the following day. She was administered a couple of vaccinations (MMR and chicken pox) and the doctor handed the report to her. The checkup and vaccinations were approx. Rs 2500. (don't remember the exact figure).

Thank you, Az. Glad everything went well for your wife. My mother is leaving for Chennai in a few hours, for her medical exam tomorrow.

Medical Exam

My mother had her lab tests done yesterday, and her exam done today. She went to Dr. Rajkumar. He gave her shots for flu and pneumonia, and an unsealed report to submit to the Consulate. He told her that she has 'passed'.

On a different note, please see the updated documents on the Chennai Consulate website http://chennai.usconsulate.gov/appointments.html. They now reflect the new processing requirements with VFS.

Thank you for the update Jyo. Glad to read that everything went well for your mom.

In the updated documents, they are now indicating that it is not necessary to submit another I-864 if it has already been submitted to NVC. It's good that they have clarified this issue, as it didn't make sense to submit another I-864.

Jen,
Did your father submit his documents to VFS? Did he have any problems? My mother plans to submit her documents on Nov. 15th.

Hi Jyo,

It was, indeed, a sleepless night. I stayed up until I heard from her. The wonderful news is that she got the immigrant visa. :D The following is her interview experience:

Her appointment was at 9:00, she showed up around 8:30 and stood in line. Later realized that she doesn't need to be in line, the line is for non-immigrant visa appointments. For IV appointments, you go straight to the guard at the gate and show him the IV appointment letter and they will let you inside. For marriage-based cases, they also allow the US citizen spouse to accompany the applicant inside.

Once inside, she submitted her papers to the Indian consular staff. They asked her for the following supporting documents:
marriage certificate, Police Clearance, birth certificate or affadavit, wedding photos (for marriage-based cases only). They only collected the photocopies, no originals. She was asked a few general questions like date of wedding, where does your spouse live etc. She was given a number and asked to wait.

Most of the people ahead of her were families with kids, and some of them were missing documents or photocopies or photgraphs were not right, so they left and returned, presumably with the problem corrected. Anyway, she had a long wait and was only called at 1:00PM.

This time she was interviewed by an American officer. He asked no questions, just to swear that all the info in DS230 is true. She was then fingerprinted (index fingers only) and was told to expect her passport in 4 days. She said that the staff were very courteous and friendly and as long as you bring the documents that they ask you to bring, there should be no problem at all. Of course, now that documents will need to be submitted to VFS, it should make it even better.

After waiting for so many years, our ordeal seems to be finally coming to an end and today I am one really happy camper :D

Great Az! I am so happy for you and your wife. Your efforts have borne fruit. Good luck to you in your future.

Congratulations azguy! I know what a great feeling that would be. Best of luck with your new beginning.

My wife will be attending her inteview in Chennai soon. Can you please confirm the following.

Can a USC spouse accompany the applicant (wife)? I thought only applicant is allowed inside. If this is the case, I am planning to be there for the interview.

Can IV applicants go directly to the gate bypassing the line?

azguy said:
After waiting for so many years, our ordeal seems to be finally coming to an end and today I am one really happy camper :D

Police clearance certificate

Can someone please let me know if the PCC that we get from District police office should be in any particular format.

My wife already received one from the passport office and I understand that we need to get one from District police office as well (if the PP is issued more than 6 months ago)

If there is a specific format, can you please post it here.

Appreciate your help

AUSC.

GeeC said:
Congratulations azguy! I know what a great feeling that would be. Best of luck with your new beginning.

My wife will be attending her inteview in Chennai soon. Can you please confirm the following.

Can a USC spouse accompany the applicant (wife)? I thought only applicant is allowed inside. If this is the case, I am planning to be there for the interview.

Can IV applicants go directly to the gate bypassing the line?

GeeC,
I also was under the impression that only applicants are allowed inside. But my wife said that she saw other applicants with their USC spouse and both were allowed inside. You should email the IV unit at chennai and confirm.

Regarding waiting in line, I would suggest that you first go up to the gate and tell the guard that you are an IV applicant. My wife said she simply got in the line and only later she realized that she just needs to go up to the gate. She was actually a little late because of this.

Regarding PCC, I am not aware about any specific format for the District Police office. She just went to her district office, they had her fill out some form, pay some fees and submit photographs, they then directed her to the local police station to get a sign-off by the inspector there, and then she went back to the district office to get the PCC. I think the procedure and format may be different based on the residence of the applicant.

azguy said:
GeeC,
I also was under the impression that only applicants are allowed inside. But my wife said that she saw other applicants with their USC spouse and both were allowed inside. You should email the IV unit at chennai and confirm.

Regarding waiting in line, I would suggest that you first go up to the gate and tell the guard that you are an IV applicant. My wife said she simply got in the line and only later she realized that she just needs to go up to the gate. She was actually a little late because of this.

Regarding PCC, I am not aware about any specific format for the District Police office. She just went to her district office, they had her fill out some form, pay some fees and submit photographs, they then directed her to the local police station to get a sign-off by the inspector there, and then she went back to the district office to get the PCC. I think the procedure and format may be different based on the residence of the applicant.

Thank you very much azguy for the quick reply.

Last edited by a moderator:
address on PCC

azguy, et al.

Does the PCC that District police office issue contain present and past addresess? or they don't have any addresses on them.

Can you please clarify!

GeeC,
I'm not entirely sure about the address. My understanding is that the clearance is for the current address. My mother said there was a standard form that the Police Commissioner's office used, to give her the clearance certificate, but I don't know if it explicitly mentioned her address. I can find out and let you know.

GeeC,
I checked with my wife, the PCC has the current address and and also how long you have been staying at that address. It does not show previous addresses. Hope this helps.

azguy said:
GeeC,
I checked with my wife, the PCC has the current address and and also how long you have been staying at that address. It does not show previous addresses. Hope this helps.

Thanks a lot azguy. In fact, we had a close contact at the SP's office and PCC was taken care of.

My thanks to jyotsnar as well.

Hello friends,
I already applied for un-requested PCC from Indian embassy Riyadh (KSA) , then I came know, there is period validity for PCC. Anybody know the validity of PCC?

Thanks in advance for your time.