• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

countdown to dv 2018 results

Hey guys :)
I actually wasn't gonna make an account on here but yeah I just wanted to say that I've been lurking for a very long time and
I hope all of you get what you want because y'all definitely deserve it
May God bless y'all

This is my first time applying and I've been nervous ever since November. I haven't checked yet but well it's all gonna play out the way it's supposed to be ;)

Welcome to the forum @ToBeAnnounced and best of luck on your first application :)

Congratulations to everyone who has been selected (or will be once they get into the website!). To those who have not been selected this year (particularly those familiar names), I guess this year is not the year for that kind of change. I join you on the "not this year" bench.

Hopefully, there will be next year and we will meet here again!

Warmest wishes as always

Q

Probably next year we will get better news @Qewty I was driving a while ago and said the same, that probably this year is not the time for this level of changes :)

Every year we get people saying this, and I respond...
The system works perfectly 364 days a year. Is it really worth a major overhaul and investment in (over)capacity that sits largely idle 364 days a year so that the one day it gets 20m hits, people find out the result a day or half a day sooner than otherwise...a time frame that makes absolutely no difference to any selectee?
thats what i thought, i didn't even check, ill check tomorrow, no difference anyways

Based on the information provided, the Entry HAS NOT BEEN SELECTEDfor further processing for the Electronic Diversity Visa program at this time.Please verify that you have entered all information correctly. You may re-check the Entry status by clicking on the ESC Home Page link below.
:(:(:(:(

I´m so sorry @Mijoro . I hope that the high changes of OC go your way for DV 2019.

2 people as of now in the forum, probably more tomorrow (hopefully) when they all check, the site is being hammered

Remember that winning chances are very low and normally winners will start showing up as new members of the forum in the next days or weeks

Remember that winning chances are very low and normally winners will start showing up as new members of the forum in the next days or weeks
yeah, I know that but still hopeful some of the already members in here give us some good news

No luck with getting onto the website. Tomorrow morning should be better for me to check (still does not stop me hitting refresh)

I am in USA, I applied for 17 people and two folks won the DV2018, one from Ghana and one from Fiji. Their numbers are low and I am thrilled for them to come to USA. I have been here for 23 years and love this country... moved from Australia, originally from Fiji

I am in USA, I applied for 17 people and two folks won the DV2018, one from Ghana and one from Fiji. Their numbers are low and I am thrilled for them to come to USA. I have been here for 23 years and love this country... moved from Australia, originally from Fiji

good story bro

Good to see you got 2 selected and I´m sure they will be happy, when they get the good news.

Every year we get people saying this, and I respond...
The system works perfectly 364 days a year. Is it really worth a major overhaul and investment in (over)capacity that sits largely idle 364 days a year so that the one day it gets 20m hits, people find out the result a day or half a day sooner than otherwise...a time frame that makes absolutely no difference to any selectee?

Exactly. We could just as easily point out that this is entirely predictable (indeed a couple of us advise waiting in this very thread), so people complaining really have themselves to blame for not listening to more experienced voices.

why are your being condescending all the time? you realize some people have a lot at stake, right?

It's never a good idea to have "a lot at stake" on a lottery. Yes we realize there are people whose living circumstances would be vastly improved by being able to move to the US. But it's a lottery.

FYI to all - as I understand it the "selected" letter does not state the number of selectees - so it is way too soon to know whether regions will go current and so on. However, judging by at least one case in OC with a case number over 2018OC1900 it seems like we are in for a high selected number year. That could mean over selection, and the possibility of cutoffs. This would suck and be particularly hard to advise on as we will be in the dark with CEAC data.