Consular Processing (New Delhi)

PCC..please clarify

Will appreciate input....I recently applied for PCC from washington embassy..and they mailed a letter back within a week...the passport has been stamped ..PCC issued on..xyz date...and the leter states that no record exists in embassy records which will prevent any issue of visa for the US....
Is this the language of a standard PCC ..Is the experience of most people on this forum.....Also Do i need anothe PCC from india....even though I have been here 6 yrs and my passport was renewed here.......please clarify:(

Re: PCC..please clarify

Originally posted by elector
Will appreciate input....I recently applied for PCC from washington embassy..and they mailed a letter back within a week...the passport has been stamped ..PCC issued on..xyz date...and the leter states that no record exists in embassy records which will prevent any issue of visa for the US....
Is this the language of a standard PCC ..Is the experience of most people on this forum.....Also Do i need anothe PCC from india....even though I have been here 6 yrs and my passport was renewed here.......please clarify:(

The contents of the PCC letter from the Indian embassy are the standard for every PCC issued to Indian citizens (in reference to NRI's in US).

There are two things which come with PCC.
1. Letter from Indian Consulate in standard fromat as mentioned by you.
2. A stamp on one of the pages in the passport stating that you have clear records.

Since you have in US for last 6 years, you don't need any PCC from India. The PCC issued by the Indian Consualte/embassy is sufficient.

Thanks.

Packet 4 received at Delhi Address

Hi Guys,

I have revieved my packet 4 at delhi address, interiew date is 19 August.

Anybody with similar situation please share your info.

Any body have Aug. Interview in delhi

Anybody with Aug. Interview in delhi please share your information.

Using 140 with Delhi, instead of Chennai

GOT ANSWER, IGNORE THIS

Hi,

I mostly lived in Andha Pradesh, all my schooling is from A.P and my parents still live in A.P. But I got my Visa Stamped from Delhi. I was last working in Delhi and recieved my H-1 while I was in Delhi.

I already filed for my I-140/I-485. I am thinking of going for CP once I-140 is approved. I understood from this forum that I need to fiile AC-140 to swich to CP. At the same time I realized AC-140 is not entertained at Chennai Consulate.

So the question is, as I had my Visa stamped from Delhi ( all the extensions are done in US, the only stamping I had from India is from Delhi), can I apply for CP to Delhi Consulate? My wife's H-4 is stamped from Chennai Consulate though, is it going to be a problem?

Please let me know your thoughts and suggestions. I greatly appreciate your help.

thanks,

Last edited by a moderator:
new born

Hi,

I was blessed with a son after I sent the papers to Delhi consulate under ACI-140 category. Now I am wondering whether I need to include my new one`s name in GC application despite the fact he is a US citizen.

Did anybody happened to be in this situation....

Thanks
Rajnish

Re: new born

Originally posted by gbittu
Hi,

I was blessed with a son after I sent the papers to Delhi consulate under ACI-140 category. Now I am wondering whether I need to include my new one`s name in GC application despite the fact he is a US citizen.

Did anybody happened to be in this situation....

Thanks
Rajnish

CONGRATULATIONS for the new born son. Enjoy him.

Since your son was born in US, he is a natural US citizen and you will have to declare in DS-230 part 1 form. You may update the Ds-230 part 1 and submit it again to the consualr officer in New Delhi.

Make sure you have the birt certificate with you for the interview. ANd you may also want to get the US passport for your son before you travel to India or you might have problems in traveling.

Thanks.

Re: Using 140 with Delhi, instead of Chennai

Originally posted by rk4gc
GOT ANSWER, IGNORE THIS

Hi,

I mostly lived in Andha Pradesh, all my schooling is from A.P and my parents still live in A.P. But I got my Visa Stamped from Delhi. I was last working in Delhi and recieved my H-1 while I was in Delhi.

I already filed for my I-140/I-485. I am thinking of going for CP once I-140 is approved. I understood from this forum that I need to fiile AC-140 to swich to CP. At the same time I realized AC-140 is not entertained at Chennai Consulate.

So the question is, as I had my Visa stamped from Delhi ( all the extensions are done in US, the only stamping I had from India is from Delhi), can I apply for CP to Delhi Consulate? My wife's H-4 is stamped from Chennai Consulate though, is it going to be a problem?

Please let me know your thoughts and suggestions. I greatly appreciate your help.

thanks,

Default rule: The consulate/embassy for your interview is scheduled on the basis of your origin state in India.

But there has been some changes (I am not sure of the exact changes) as some consulates are loaded heavily (especially Chennai in India) and US consulate now allows for a person to appear for an interview in a different consulate in India. The best way to confirm this is by sending an email to Chennai and Delhi consulate and get their feed back. Talkingto both consulate on the phone might also help.

Thanks & Good Luck.

I-140 approval to CP interview/New Delhi

I have a quick question.

I am expecting my I-140 to be approved at NSC in another month or so.

I was wondering how much time(approximately) does it take from the date of I-140 approval to the date given by New Delhi embassy for the CP interview

thanks

Re: I-140 approval to CP interview/New Delhi

Originally posted by enigma261
I have a quick question.

I am expecting my I-140 to be approved at NSC in another month or so.

I was wondering how much time(approximately) does it take from the date of I-140 approval to the date given by New Delhi embassy for the CP interview

thanks

Approx. 6 to 8 months.

I renewed my passport recently at the indian consulate at houston. It has the address in the U.S. My husbands old passport has the address in new delhi. he has lived all his life in delhi. but his parents have moved from that address and is living with his brother. Do u think the new delhi consulate accept our application for Ac140? what particulars do we have to submit to show that we come under their jurdistriction?

Primary applicant address that matters

Originally posted by damsel'ndistres
I renewed my passport recently at the indian consulate at houston. It has the address in the U.S. My husbands old passport has the address in new delhi. he has lived all his life in delhi. but his parents have moved from that address and is living with his brother. Do u think the new delhi consulate accept our application for Ac140? what particulars do we have to submit to show that we come under their jurdistriction?

It's the primary applicant's address that matters regarding the selection of the US consulate/embassy in India. If your spouse is the primary applicant and his passport has the New Delhi address then you will have the CP interview in US embassy New Delhi.

I also got my passport renewed in Houston which had a US permanent address and I did get my in New Delhi.

Thanks & Good Luck.

thank you cpdelhi!!!

Thank you for the reply. I have few more question for you. Please respond when you get a chance.

I have my NIW i 140 approved and am planning to go for consular processing in New delhi.
1) Can I go for AC I140 even if i mentioned Audjustment of status when applied for I 140. (i presume that New delhi consulate accepts AC 140)

2)My lawyer has sent an email to new delhi consulate asking them whether they accept AC i140. Did your lawyer do that ? or Do they accept only particular cases? I was just wondering whether they will accept my case.

3) if I go through AC i140 approximately how long will it take to get an interview? the reason why i am asking this is I have a pending 485 application(labour certification) at Texas service center. Have been waiting for last 2 years.Did my finger prints 6 months ago. I think it is going to take for ever.

Thank you for all your help in this forum.

Re: thank you cpdelhi!!!

Originally posted by damsel'ndistres
Thank you for the reply. I have few more question for you. Please respond when you get a chance.

I have my NIW i 140 approved

Congratulations.

and am planning to go for consular processing in New delhi.
Very Good.

1) Can I go for AC I140 even if i mentioned Audjustment of status when applied for I 140. (i presume that New delhi consulate accepts AC 140)

Yes. You may apply for AC-140 by filing I-824 (Change from AOS to CP). US consulate, New Delhi does accept AC-140. I am not sure if the consulate will accept AC-140 with just a I-824 receipt(2 to 3 weeks, approx) or it will need I-824 approval (might takes 6 months or more).

2)My lawyer has sent an email to new delhi consulate asking them whether they accept AC i140. Did your lawyer do that ?

I did not do AC-140. My case was a regular CP case.

or Do they accept only particular cases?
AC-140 route is usually taken out of hardship. Your case is an class is a example. SO you should not have any trouble.

I was just wondering whether they will accept my case.
Your case will will accepted. (99% probablility)

3) if I go through AC i140 approximately how long will it take to get an interview?

If US Consulate, New Delhi accepts your case with just I-824 receipt, it might take about 4-5 months, other wise add the time of the I-824 approval. Though I am not sure, I think Delhi accpets AC-140 with jsut I-824 filing receipts. Please send an e-mail to the New Delhi US consulate or call them.

the reason why i am asking this is I have a pending 485 application(labour certification) at Texas service center. Have been waiting for last 2 years.Did my finger prints 6 months ago. I think it is going to take for ever.

Though CP might be another route to get GC, you might be very close to getting the GC with AOS(I-485). Please make sure that you understand the pros and cons of your decision keeping in mind your current status of the I-485 filing.

Thank you for all your help in this forum.

Anyone expecting Sept interview in Delhi ?

Anyone received dates for Sept. Interview in Delhi please share your information.

The dates are not yet published for Sept on website. My case was sent from NVC to NWD on June/24 and I don't know my interview dates yet ? I am expecting interview in Sept but no idea about exact dates. I sent an email to consulate but no reply yet.

I have another question:
My lawyer notified the BCIS that my husband would join me on my permanent resident application, however his P3 papers were not submitted as it was initially planned that he would do 'follow-to-join' procedure and so, I was planning to go for interview alone. However, now due to some changes, he wants to do it with me, and is it possible to get consulate to conduct his interview with mine maybe in Sept) or can he only go for 'follow-to-join' procedure. His forms and affidavit of support form were not submitted, is it possible to send those now to NVC or bring these docs to consulate at the time of interview ?

I sent an email regarding the above to NWD consulate but no reply yet.

thanks.

Re: Anyone expecting Sept interview in Delhi ?

Originally posted by reve
Anyone received dates for Sept. Interview in Delhi please share your information.

The dates are not yet published for Sept on website. My case was sent from NVC to NWD on June/24 and I don't know my interview dates yet ? I am expecting interview in Sept but no idea about exact dates. I sent an email to consulate but no reply yet.

You may want to call the US embassy, New Delhi to confirm your interview date. I am not sure why the September interview dates are not yet published on their website. In any case the US embassy gives about a month's notice for the interview. Call them and find out the status of your case.

I have another question:
My lawyer notified the BCIS that my husband would join me on my permanent resident application, however his P3 papers were not submitted as it was initially planned that he would do 'follow-to-join' procedure and so, I was planning to go for interview alone. However, now due to some changes, he wants to do it with me, and is it possible to get consulate to conduct his interview with mine maybe in Sept)

Have you submitted packet 3 with the NVC for your spouse. If so, you and your spouse can request the same interview date, if packet 3 for both of you have gone through NVC to US consualte, New Delhi. If not, your spouse may have to attend the interview on a later date.

or can he only go for 'follow-to-join' procedure. His forms and affidavit of support form were not submitted, is it possible to send those now to NVC or bring these docs to consulate at the time of interview ?

I don't think the consular officer will accept/entertain the packet 3 on your interview date as the packet 3 info has to go through different level of checks(FBI check, name check, etc) before an interview is scheduled.

I sent an email regarding the above to NWD consulate but no reply yet.

thanks.

Interview date and can spouse join for interview

NWD consulate Sept interviews dates have been published. My interview date is Sept 15.

Regarding the question of whether my spouse can join for interview I had sent an email to consulate and received the below reply:

<<<You and your husband has been scheduled for an immigrant visa interview on xxxxxxxx and a letter regarding the same has been mailed to your lawyer's address in New York. A check of our records confirm that your husband's name is also included in your petition therefore both of you can come for the interview on the specified date. .....>>>

I had submitted Packet 3 for myself and not submitted Packet 3 (i.e. DS-230 and Affidavit of Support -Form I-134) for my husband. Now, what should be done for these forms and fee ?
I could not get in touch with NWD consulate through phone as it's late in the night and in spite of trying for an hour at 1am (EST) could not get the number. what's the best way to quickly clarify this. Pls advise.
Thanks

Re: Interview date and can spouse join for interview

NWD consulate Sept interviews dates have been published. My interview date is Sept 15.
Congratulations.

Regarding the question of whether my spouse can join for interview I had sent an email to consulate and received the below reply:

<<<You and your husband has been scheduled for an immigrant visa interview on xxxxxxxx and a letter regarding the same has been mailed to your lawyer's address in New York. A check of our records confirm that your husband's name is also included in your petition therefore both of you can come for the interview on the specified date. .....>>>

It looks like the US consulate does have the packet 3 for your husband. Did you confirm with your lawyer, if s/he had also sent the packet 3 for your spouse. In so, does DS-230 part1 for you spouse has your spouse signature.

I had submitted Packet 3 for myself and not submitted Packet 3 (i.e. DS-230 and Affidavit of Support -Form I-134) for my husband. [b/]
DS230 part1 is required for packet 3. I-134 is not required form with packet 3.

Now, what should be done for these forms and fee ?

Please consult your attorney and also keep on trying to get in touch with US Embassy in New Dellhi for clarification. If the docs are not right, your spouse might have difficulty getting his immigrant visa with you and thus delay his entry into US.

I could not get in touch with NWD consulate through phone as it's late in the night and in spite of trying for an hour at 1am (EST) could not get the number. what's the best way to quickly clarify this. Pls advise.

Talk to your attorney to make sure what s/he had done in regards to your spouse application. Write another e-mail to US embassy clarify the situation and also keep on trying to get in touch on the phone. Perseverance will reward.
Thanks

Re: Interview date and can spouse join for interview

-- I did not submit DS 230 Part I for my husband and no forms were signed by him as he was living in a different country.

As of now, he is not in US and if he goes for interview with me, does it mean he has to enter US with me at same time. He is planning to shift to US for good only in Nov or Dec this year. Can he do POE at that time or will have to do on return from interview and then travel to his current residence country. Or. does it mean that he should to follow-to-join interview and if so, can he apply for it now ?

Thanks

Re: Re: Interview date and can spouse join for interview

-- I did not submit DS 230 Part I for my husband and no forms were signed by him as he was living in a different country.
If you are sure that your spouse didn't sign DS230 part1 then you will need to investigate if evreything is OK and in compliance with the BCIS requirements because you don't want ot have surprises on the interview date.

As of now, he is not in US

I am not sure if your spouse is Indian also and he is presently in India. If not he might need PCC (Police Clearance Certificate) from the country he is now residing in(depending on duration of stay). He will need two PCCs from India, if he is Indian and is presently in India.

and if he goes for interview with me, does it mean he has to enter US with me at same time.

No. Your spouse can enter any time after the entry of the primary applicant in US and within 180 days of the issuance of the US immigrant visa.

He is planning to shift to US for good only in Nov or Dec this year. Can he do POE at that time

Yes. Your spouse can do POE within 6 months of the US immigrant visa. You don't have to be present with him on his POE but you need to be in US on immigrant visa at that time.

or will have to do on return from interview and then travel to his current residence country.

I am not clear of this part of your question. Please re-state or re-phrase your question.

Or. does it mean that he should to follow-to-join interview and if so, can he apply for it now ?

Since you both have an scheduled interview next month, you can come back as soon as you want after the issuance of the immigrant visa and your spouse can come within next 6 months from the visa issuance date.

Thanks