Consolidated NSC I-485 Tracker

I-485 process begins with I140 approval

After my I-140 approved, i called to check the status of I-485 they said its not even touched by any one. Neither assigned to any one. i told them about I-140 approval they said it takes time before they incorporate that approval with I-485 file...

Name check is the biggest issue after I-140 approval. Ususally Name check process starts with your I-485 application but because of the back log keep atleast 9 months in hand to see name check cleared. If your Notice Date is curerent they should be processing your file. or just wait.
hope it helps

Got an email from CRIS today saying that my I140 approval notice has been mailed. Does this mean there is a chance of movement in I485 as well?
Details in signature.

Folks,
Got an LUD in my case today. Msg did not change. Its the same as the one that was received yesterday (given in previous posting and also listed below). So I dont know what the LUD is about today.

Keeping my fingers crossed as to whats going to happen.......

Got an email from CRIS today. My response to RFE has been received by them and it mentioned that they would continue with processing my case (standard email).

Keep praying

Venram,

Today I sent in my documents towrds RFE for Marriage and Employement Verification. I am keeping a close eye on your case, since we are in the same boat. Let's hope that they have cleared the NC in our cases and doing the final processing.Likewise, I am keeping my fingers crossed!

Folks,
Got an LUD in my case today. Msg did not change. Its the same as the one that was received yesterday (given in previous posting and also listed below). So I dont know what the LUD is about today.

Hi nokin@hevendoor

Today, I got another LUD update on my case. But the msg did not change. An interesting update happened today on my wife's case. Her case's LUD also was updated today. But the msg did not change. Her case was last updated after we did the FP in June last year. So they probably worked her file for the first time.

Keeping my fingers crossed as to what is going to happen!!!

Venram,

Today I sent in my documents towrds RFE for Marriage and Employement Verification. I am keeping a close eye on your case, since we are in the same boat. Let's hope that they have cleared the NC in our cases and doing the final processing.Likewise, I am keeping my fingers crossed!

Submitted my RFE today

Hi Venram,

Today my attorney is going to submit the RFE evidence. I have the EVL and the 3 affidavits for my marriage, but could not get the 'non-availability of registration' letter fom Delhi authorities( since they don't issue such letters). I spoke to the offial in Delhi ADM office last night. I have asked my attorney to go ahead with whatever evidence we have on our marriage......and hope for the best.

Let's see in couple of days how USCIS reacts to this. At the same time I am closely wachting your case, since it will be a gateway whether these people have OKed the NC or not? It will be futile if they are raising all these LUDs and at the end of it tell us that rest everything is complete but the NC!

Let's hope for the best and pray that this misery should end once and for all!:)

Hi nokin@hevendoor

Today, I got another LUD update on my case. But the msg did not change. An interesting update happened today on my wife's case. Her case's LUD also was updated today. But the msg did not change. Her case was last updated after we did the FP in June last year. So they probably worked her file for the first time.

Keeping my fingers crossed as to what is going to happen!!!

Hi
Got another LUD today on both the cases (mine and my wife's)... Dont know whats going on...

Hi Venram,

Today my attorney is going to submit the RFE evidence. I have the EVL and the 3 affidavits for my marriage, but could not get the 'non-availability of registration' letter fom Delhi authorities( since they don't issue such letters). I spoke to the offial in Delhi ADM office last night. I have asked my attorney to go ahead with whatever evidence we have on our marriage......and hope for the best.

Let's see in couple of days how USCIS reacts to this. At the same time I am closely wachting your case, since it will be a gateway whether these people have OKed the NC or not? It will be futile if they are raising all these LUDs and at the end of it tell us that rest everything is complete but the NC!

Let's hope for the best and pray that this misery should end once and for all!:)

485 approved

We (Me and my wife) received the email (CRIS) stating "Notice mailed welcoming the new permanent resident" for 485 today. Hope that means my 485 got approved.....

CRIS Status Details:
{
Application Type: I485 , APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS

Current Status: Notice mailed welcoming the new permanent resident.

On September 4, 2007, we mailed you a notice that we had registered this customer's new permanent
resident status. Please follow any instructions on the notice. Your new permanent resident card
should be mailed within 60 days following this registration or after you complete any ADIT
processing referred to in the welcome notice, whichever is later. If you move before you get your new card
call customer service. You can also receive automatic e-mail updates as we process your case. Just
}

My EAD Status is "Case received and pending". It seems Nebraska Svc. Center started issuing GC instead of EAD.

VA/EB2/RIR/FEB 2003/NSC
PD: FEB 2003
I-140: RD 04/30/2007, AD - 08/29/2007 (4 months)
I-485: RD 06/08/2007, AD - 09/04/2007 (Less than 3 months)
EAD: Pending

Last edited by a moderator:
i-485 case under review, how long it takes ?

Today I have an update on my i-485 case, phoned NSC
IO told me my case is under review now, anybody knows how long it takes from "under review" to final decision ?

thanks !

Congratulations !

Congratulations !
Your case is approved !

We (Me and my wife) received the email (CRIS) stating "Notice mailed welcoming the new permanent resident" for 485 today. Hope that means my 485 got approved.....

CRIS Status Details:
{
Application Type: I485 , APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS

Current Status: Notice mailed welcoming the new permanent resident.

On September 4, 2007, we mailed you a notice that we had registered this customer's new permanent
resident status. Please follow any instructions on the notice. Your new permanent resident card
should be mailed within 60 days following this registration or after you complete any ADIT
processing referred to in the welcome notice, whichever is later. If you move before you get your new card
call customer service. You can also receive automatic e-mail updates as we process your case. Just
}

My EAD Status is "Case received and pending". It seems Nebraska Svc. Center started issuing GC instead of EAD.

VA/EB2/RIR/FEB 2003/NSC
I-485: RD 06/08/2007, AD - 09/04/2007 (Less than 3 months)

Yep! Your 485 has been approved. Congrats! Soon you will receive a card production ordered email, unless they need your digital photo in which case they'll schedule another fingerprint appointment for you.

As to EAD, USCIS will either approve it or deny it, because you no longer need an EAD.

Congrats! One request

How popular is your "firstname lastname" combination ?
I see you got fast name check clearance.
For eg. searching in google returns 100s or 1000s of hits ?

LUDS day after receipt received...

I received the receipts today for all my applications (I-485, I-765 & I-131). Actually my lawyer did. He told me I was supposed to get my own copy of receipts today but I didn't...hoping it might be that they are sending out EAD's
with receipt notice..(any chance)

The receipt date is July 24th 2007 and the notice date is August 27th 2007. I checked online and see that I had LUD's on August 28th on all my applications & my wife's (except for her I-485, which had an LUD 2 days later on August 30th).

Since the LUD's are 1 day after the Notice date does this mean there is progress on my application? What could this mean..? http://www.immigrationportal.com/images/smilies/rolleyes.gif
Possibly nothing at all?

I have read over at trackitt that some people have recently received their EAD cards together with their receipt notice without any text changing in their LUDS or any emails informing them....anyone else?

Thanks!

Also, please add me to the tracker - thanks

User name: anchorbaby
Priority Date: 06/2006
Retrogressed (Y/N): ?
EB-3 / ROW
I-140 Receipt Date: June 2006
I-140 Approval Date:03/02/2007
I-485 Receipt Date:07/24/2007
LIN number: LIN-07245-XXXXX
Finger Print Notice Date: none yet
Finger Print Appointment Date: none yet
I-485 Approval Date: ????
LUD:08/28/07 (on 1-485, I-765 & 1-131)
& 08/30/07 (spouse's I-485)

Card production ordered
--------------------------------------------------
CRIS Status Details:
{
Application Type: I485, APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS
Current Status: Card production ordered.
On September 4, 2007, we ordered production of your new card. Please allow 30 days.....
}
Yep! Your 485 has been approved. Congrats! Soon you will receive a card production ordered email, unless they need your digital photo in which case they'll schedule another fingerprint appointment for you.
As to EAD, USCIS will either approve it or deny it, because you no longer need an EAD.
Zgreen,
Thanks a lot for the information. You are right, I got email today (9/5/07) “ Card production ordered.”

How popular is your "firstname lastname" combination ?
I see you got fast name check clearance.
For eg. searching in google returns 100s or 1000s of hits ?
Gc_Mania,
My name is unique.
- In Google search my combination of First name Last name returned only 8 records and with double quote (“FirstName Last Name”) returned 0 records.
- My wife name returned 14 records without double quote. With double quotes, google returned (“FirstName LastName”) 0 records.
- If I use my middle name together with first name and last gives almost no result.

My name: First name (5 chr), Middle name (12 chr) and Last names (10 Chr)
My wife’s name: First name (5 chr), Middle name (5 chr) and Last names (10 Chr)

---------------
VA/EB2/RIR/FEB 2003/NSC
I-485: RD 06/08/2007, 'Notice of Approval' - 09/04/2007 (Less than 3 months), 'Card production ordered' - 09/05/2005

Received 2nd RFE which is similar to first RFE.

Hi All,

My case is at NSC, PD is 2004 sep, filed concurrently in 2004 Dec.
My attorney has received query on my 485 for medical TB skin test and proof of work authorization, he has submitted answers in Aug 1st week.
After three weeks on Aug 30th USCIS has sent another RFE directly to my address, this RFE is similar to 1st RFE but this time they sent to me directly.

I do not understand why they need same evidences again from me. I am working to sponsor employer only.

Is anybody in similar situation?

In this case should I submit evidences or attorney can represent and submit evidences. My 485 is filed by attorney, 1st query he has received.

Please advise me. Thanks.

Best Regards
sk

The AGONIZING wait is probably over

I received the magic emails - Case approved, no info on whether there is a visa number allocated for the case or if the card was ordered or infopass required for stamping the passport or anything else. But thats good enough for now.
I wish to thank rajiv, the forum which has been a comprehensive faq - we should rename it the encyclopedia of US immigration, and its users - for all the info, help and support that I have received during these agonizing years.
for folks who are still waiting - I wish you all good luck and may your wait end soon.
BTW, I had 1 lud on 8/13 after the the lawfirm responded to the rfe (medical and one other case specific question) .

Thank you and Wish you all good luck.

Can any body please shed some light on this ? Thanks.

Today I have an update on my i-485 case, phoned NSC
IO told me my case is under review now, anybody knows how long it takes from "under review" to final decision ?

thanks !

I think you are right. 485 processing can't start before 140 is cleared. My 140 was cleared recently and the IO's tell me that my name check is pending. So, does it mean my name check just got initiated?

After my I-140 approved, i called to check the status of I-485 they said its not even touched by any one. Neither assigned to any one. i told them about I-140 approval they said it takes time before they incorporate that approval with I-485 file...

Name check is the biggest issue after I-140 approval. Ususally Name check process starts with your I-485 application but because of the back log keep atleast 9 months in hand to see name check cleared. If your Notice Date is curerent they should be processing your file. or just wait.
hope it helps

This is not necessarily true. It may be the current practice given the flood of I-485s, but in the past, concurrent filing also meant concurrent processing.

Case in point: my I-140/I-485 were filed concurrently in 2004, my I-140 was only approved in June 2005, but name check was started in 2004. This was not unusual, and was the reason for the institution of concurrent filing in the first place.

So it is not true that processing on I-485 can't start until I-140 is approved.

This is not necessarily true. It may be the current practice given the flood of I-485s, but in the past, concurrent filing also meant concurrent processing.

Case in point: my I-140/I-485 were filed concurrently in 2004, my I-140 was only approved in June 2005, but name check was started in 2004. This was not unusual, and was the reason for the institution of concurrent filing in the first place.

So it is not true that processing on I-485 can't start until I-140 is approved.

do you try writing to the first lady regarding the 3 yr wait on name check, not email put snail mail is the way to go for these kind of things.