Consolidated NSC I-485 Tracker

Visa Number Availability

If your namecheck is cleared and you keep seeing LUD changes without any change in the message I recommend you call NSC and inquire about your case. I don't know what else they should wait for after the approval of the I-140 to approve or deny the I-485 other than the name check.

MahSam

I have similar case in the way that everything needs to be ready is ready but still pending. I've seen several posts recently saying that CIS is running out of visa numbers, so even if your PD is current, there's no visa number available that can be assigned to an approved case, which is the last step before the GC can be ordered for the approved case.

Oct. will be the start of CIS's new fiscal year. I expect to see more approvals for pending cases like this then.

Name Check denied or I485 denied because fo Name Check

Hi to all friends here,

Do anyone knows about any I-485 case which is denied because of name check issues.?

If your name check has problem e.g. fradulant ID, name misspell in Passport or credentials, wrong DOB, passport issues in home country like first name or last name confusion in inqury report from home country or credit theft issue, anything like this can creat name check problem..

Do anyone knows anybody who might have these problems and got fixed.

Hi to all friends here,

Do anyone knows about any I-485 case which is denied because of name check issues.?

If your name check has problem e.g. fradulant ID, name misspell in Passport or credentials, wrong DOB, passport issues in home country like first name or last name confusion in inqury report from home country or credit theft issue, anything like this can creat name check problem..

Do anyone knows anybody who might have these problems and got fixed.

I think you are getting the "FBI name check" process mixed up with the normal USCIS processing of any case. The USCIS checks the validity of your documentation for birth date, name, spelling, etc.

FBI name check simply feeds your name (in multiple variations) and year of birth, in their 100's of databases and looks for a match. When it finds too many matches, it simply puts the case in limbo. If it finds a handful of matches, it loks at and eliminates each one, and reports this to USCIS. If it did find a valid "hit" on a name (and none of the examples you listed would qualify as such) it notifies the USCIS for THEM to take action, beginning with notice of intent to deny your I-485.

What you are talking about is routinely found solely by USCIS and is fixed wit ha simple RFE.

Hi to all friends here,

There may be some numbers. But i haven't heard about employment based I-485 got denied because of negative FBI report. I was wondering whether the USCIS / FBI publishes such info ( i guess they might be publishing it somewhere to tout the effectiveness of the name check ). Let us ask the Ombudsman ?

GC approved

:) My GC finally got approved after almost 5 years. I received e-mail from CRIS for me my wife and my child.
Here is chronology.
10/20/02 (yes 02) first labor was submitted then approved at state level in 09/03 (California), then it took til 09/06 to get approved at PBEC but it was EB3 category (my stupid lawyer put me in EB3 because it was easier for him). Then because of retrogression ( I am from rest of the world - Europe), we filed perm in EB2. And after that things went into hyperspeed. perm was filed in january and approved in 2 days. Then it took my lawyer over 2 months to file ( he was waiting untill my company filled H1b extension for me )i-140 and i-485. My i-485 was filed in april, fingerpriniting was done in may, my second i-140 was approved 3 weeks ago on i-485 me and my wife had LUD 1 day after my i-140 got approved. And today we are permanent residents.
My friends I wish you all luck. Many times during last 5 years I newer thought that i will see this day. But it did happened.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think you are getting the "FBI name check" process mixed up with the normal USCIS processing of any case. The USCIS checks the validity of your documentation for birth date, name, spelling, etc.

FBI name check simply feeds your name (in multiple variations) and year of birth, in their 100's of databases and looks for a match. When it finds too many matches, it simply puts the case in limbo. If it finds a handful of matches, it loks at and eliminates each one, and reports this to USCIS. If it did find a valid "hit" on a name (and none of the examples you listed would qualify as such) it notifies the USCIS for THEM to take action, beginning with notice of intent to deny your I-485.

What you are talking about is routinely found solely by USCIS and is fixed wit ha simple RFE.

I have read some FBI page that during the process they sent Info to home country US consulate office. Consualte requests to local Passport office and Police statation of your local residence in home country.

I did also read that one guy from India has an uncle in India who confirmed this process atleast in India. I can not confirm with anyother country.

Approval!

Got approval email and card production yesterday :D .
Thanks for all the support. Good luck to u all.:)

could you please provide the "FBI page" that contains this information? i can't find them anywhere.

I have read some FBI page that during the process they sent Info to home country US consulate office. Consualte requests to local Passport office and Police statation of your local residence in home country.

I did also read that one guy from India has an uncle in India who confirmed this process atleast in India. I can not confirm with anyother country.

thanks for sharing

Thanks for sharing J-square !
If this is the case, how long is the waiting then ?
Didn't DoS just released visa quota for Oct ?

I have similar case in the way that everything needs to be ready is ready but still pending. I've seen several posts recently saying that CIS is running out of visa numbers, so even if your PD is current, there's no visa number available that can be assigned to an approved case, which is the last step before the GC can be ordered for the approved case.

Oct. will be the start of CIS's new fiscal year. I expect to see more approvals for pending cases like this then.

some info

could you please provide the "FBI page" that contains this information? i can't find them anywhere.

QUOTE=franticsky;1768520]FYI

FBI does not have jurisdiction over other countries but it does have offices in countries which have US embassies , FBI makes checks in the home country too , and I know this for sure because my uncle back in India is a very very senior officer in law enforcement , as far as I know the request is forwarded to the Indian embassy which in turn forwards the request to the passport office which issues the passport , if you guys remember correctly you had a police check when you applied for your indian passport , the local passpot office then fwds the same to the law enforcement and forwards the requested info back to the requesting agency :)[/QUOTE]

i got it from here http://boards.immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?t=174845&page=120&pp=15

Here are my details for adding to the tracker:
MI-EB3-RIR-India
PD: 3/25/2005
I-140(Premium) approved : 2/2007
I-485/EAD RD: 8/31/2007
FP done: 9/11/2007

Any pointers to what next I could expect? When does Medical exam. take place?
Thanks.
H.

Medical Exam

MI-EB3-RIR-India

Thanks.
H.

I submitted my medical exam with my 485 application.

Medical exam is supposed to be done prior to submitting your papers for I-485. If you have not done so yet (which is surprising)...then you might get an RFE soon.

The next step should be to wait for your EAD/AP...
Which Service center has your case gone ?

MI-EB3-RIR-India

Thanks.
H.

Because of AOS fiasco, the service centers determined that they would not immediately reject I-485 that did not submit medical exam.

But the medical exam is required and your should have scheduled this by now, as you will not have time to respond to the RFE in time otherwise.

YOU schedule the medical exam, no one else.

Because of AOS fiasco, the service centers determined that they would not immediately reject I-485 that did not submit medical exam.

But the medical exam is required and your should have scheduled this by now, as you will not have time to respond to the RFE in time otherwise.

YOU schedule the medical exam, no one else.

In some areas eg.NY, you can schedule a medical exam for the next day. But it would be in your best interest to do it ASAP.

This may be a special case where FBI needs to verify certain information. The FBI name check process typically doesn't involve one's foreign records or background; it is, simply speaking, just to see if a name shows up in previous FBI investigations either as a suspect or witness or otherwise mentioned in a record. If they find something, and believe it is justified to expand the search into foreign countries, they will. But it is unusual.

QUOTE=franticsky;1768520]FYI

FBI does not have jurisdiction over other countries but it does have offices in countries which have US embassies , FBI makes checks in the home country too , and I know this for sure because my uncle back in India is a very very senior officer in law enforcement , as far as I know the request is forwarded to the Indian embassy which in turn forwards the request to the passport office which issues the passport , if you guys remember correctly you had a police check when you applied for your indian passport , the local passpot office then fwds the same to the law enforcement and forwards the requested info back to the requesting agency :)

i got it from here http://boards.immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?t=174845&page=120&pp=15

Received AP

Received both (self & spouse) AP's this morning, details below.

Labor: PD: 03/2002 - EB2/INDIA
Center: NSC
I-140 RD-6/5/07, ND-6/12 - LUD 6/14, 8/2(AD), 8/3
I-131(both) RD-6/5, ND-6/12 - LUD 6/14, 9/05, 9/06, 9/14(AD), 9/17, 9/20 received AP:D
I-765(both) RD-6/5, ND-6/12 - LUD 6/14, 9/05(AD), 9/06, 9/10(A notice sent), 9/11, 9/13 received
Finger prints(both) RD 6/25, Taken on 7/14
I-485(both) RD-6/5, ND-6/12 - LUD 6/14, 7/16, 7/17, 7/18, 8/30(RFE)

Received both (self & spouse) AP's this morning, details below.

Labor: PD: 03/2002 - EB2/INDIA
Center: NSC
I-140 RD-6/5/07, ND-6/12 - LUD 6/14, 8/2(AD), 8/3
I-131(both) RD-6/5, ND-6/12 - LUD 6/14, 9/05, 9/06, 9/14(AD), 9/17, 9/20 received AP:D
I-765(both) RD-6/5, ND-6/12 - LUD 6/14, 9/05(AD), 9/06, 9/10(A notice sent), 9/11, 9/13 received
Finger prints(both) RD 6/25, Taken on 7/14
I-485(both) RD-6/5, ND-6/12 - LUD 6/14, 7/16, 7/17, 7/18, 8/30(RFE)

Did u recieve AP directly to u ( to home) or to ur lawyer. Please let me know

Recieved an email from CRIS saying card production has been ordered for the I765/EAD. There is an LUD on the I131/AP as well but no email saying card production has been ordered.