Consolidated NSC I-485 Tracker

This question is for my friend ....

He filed his I-140 in Texas service center on october 13th 2006. He contacted the Infopass regarding the status and they told him that I-140 has been approved on october 26th 2006.

But his online status still shows case is pending and lawyer did not even received the approval notice.

Is it going to be a problem for his 485 stage?

Do you guys know any one has similar problem?

thanks
R.K

hi Nelsona,
i think the way to go is to file WOM. my friend who also filed 485 in 2004 recently filed the lawsuite and got approval last week. they had been discouraged by their own lawyer after USCIS's Feb 20 memo and they did it all DIY. and it worked!
I started seriously thinking about it because i don't believe mine will automatically come out on its own. my only concern is that my 485 was only filed 1yr 2month ago and they don't care that your PD is in 2002.

This is not necessarily true. It may be the current practice given the flood of I-485s, but in the past, concurrent filing also meant concurrent processing.

Case in point: my I-140/I-485 were filed concurrently in 2004, my I-140 was only approved in June 2005, but name check was started in 2004. This was not unusual, and was the reason for the institution of concurrent filing in the first place.

So it is not true that processing on I-485 can't start until I-140 is approved.

hi Nelsona,
i think the way to go is to file WOM. my friend who also filed 485 in 2004 recently filed the lawsuite and got approval last week. they had been discouraged by their own lawyer after USCIS's Feb 20 memo and they did it all DIY. and it worked!
I started seriously thinking about it because i don't believe mine will automatically come out on its own. my only concern is that my 485 was only filed 1yr 2month ago and they don't care that your PD is in 2002.

I have been talking to a couple lawyers and they are all recommending to wait for at least 2 yrs. of 485 RD before filing the WOM. My case is also stuck now for one year and two months "only."

It's a shame that the US government is not waking up to this unnecessary delays even though the ombudsman's and other reports vehemently argue against this process.

Adding to the tracker

with more details!

MI-EB2-RIR-India
Self Labor PD: 6/10/2003
Received in Chicago: 12/29/2004
45-Day letter replied July 2005.
Labor approved (In 3 yrs 5 months!): Nov 8, 2005
I-140(Premium) approved : Dec 21, 2005
I-485/AP/EAD Applied: Jun 12, 2007
FP done: 8/16 & 8/28
what next??

Most Welcome. The only problem being there is no tracker.

This started with JustWatching and with his exit this has become a platform for getting frustration out and occassional news about some one (with later PD than oneself) getting approval.

Hope your stay is short and sweet.

with more details!

MI-EB2-RIR-India
Self Labor PD: 6/10/2003
Received in Chicago: 12/29/2004
45-Day letter replied July 2005.
Labor approved (In 3 yrs 5 months!): Nov 8, 2005
I-140(Premium) approved : Dec 21, 2005
I-485/AP/EAD Applied: Jun 12, 2007
FP done: 8/16 & 8/28
what next??

Thanks vine95050, thanks for sharing the info. I spoke to a couple of lawyers in june and was told that 1yr might be too early but it's worth a try. I am really getting desperate as i see both of my friends stuck in nc for more than 3yr. i just don't want to wait like we waited for PBEC any more.
i noticed that our dates are quite alike, let's keep in touch!

I have been talking to a couple lawyers and they are all recommending to wait for at least 2 yrs. of 485 RD before filing the WOM. My case is also stuck now for one year and two months "only."

It's a shame that the US government is not waking up to this unnecessary delays even though the ombudsman's and other reports vehemently argue against this process.

LUD change without a change in message

Can any body please shed some light on this ? Thanks.

This usually happens when they touch your case (I-485 in this case) and they notice something missing (e.g. background check). That way they have to return the case and wait for the background check. Everytime they touch an application an LUD is automatically generated, but if there is no approval, or denial, the message does not change.
So in many of these I-485 LUD changes the most probable cause is that the background check is still pending so the case goes back to the shelf and no action is taken.

Hope it explains it.

MahSam

485 process....

Hi,
I am new to this thread and not familiar with the 485 processing. I am trying to understand the status messages and what they mean? Also trying to figure out the behind the scene process if possible. Any help would be really appreciated.

Here are the details and timeline for our case....
I am primary applicant. My husband is dependent. We live in different states.

4/10 - I-140 & I-485 Receipt day

8/10 - I-140 approved

8/11 - Current Status: This case has been sent for a standard
interview. On August 10, 2007, we transferred this case to our XXXXX location to conduct the interview that is a standard part of processing this
I485 - APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS. You will be sent a notice when the interview is scheduled, or if the office needs something from you.

8/28 - Current Status: This case is now pending at the office to which it was transferred.

The I485 APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS was transferred and is now pending standard processing at a USCIS office. You will be notified by mail when a decision is made, or if the office needs something from you.

9/7 - Same status with above. Only date was updated.

- What should we expect next in the processing? Usually how long it takes?

- Does the last msg. mean that we won’t be called in for an interview? Is this case already moved from the Local office to NSC as the latest message does not mention the local office?

- I believe that our case has already passed the name check stage. Were we supposed to get any status message about the name check or do we need to go to local office to check it?

Thanks in advance for your help…

Thanks vine95050, thanks for sharing the info. I spoke to a couple of lawyers in june and was told that 1yr might be too early but it's worth a try. I am really getting desperate as i see both of my friends stuck in nc for more than 3yr. i just don't want to wait like we waited for PBEC any more.
i noticed that our dates are quite alike, let's keep in touch!

sure. i have also joined the yahoo group for namecheck. It's more focused. yeah, let's keep in touch. I'm based in San Jose, CA. I have 'sort of' started getting info. on reasonably priced lawyers in the bay area - for filing wom, but i guess i'll wait for at least one and a half year.. let's see. namecheck is turning out to be a bigger nightmare than pbec. at least with pbec we had an end date and an alternative of perm, but with namecheck it's only wom which is not a sure shot thing- would depend on the judge. hopefully, we don't have to take that route. good luck!

Last edited by a moderator:
What yahoogroup are you referring to? I would like to join too.
You are right, this is one line after another! get out of pbec and get into namecheck line!

sure. i have also joined the yahoo group for namecheck. It's more focused. yeah, let's keep in touch. I'm based in San Jose, CA. I have 'sort of' started getting info. on reasonably priced lawyers in the bay area - for filing wom, but i guess i'll wait for at least one and a half year.. let's see. namecheck is turning out to be a bigger nightmare than pbec. at least with pbec we had an end date and an alternative of perm, but with namecheck it's only wom which is not a sure shot thing- would depend on the judge. hopefully, we don't have to take that route. good luck!

This usually happens when they touch your case (I-485 in this case) and they notice something missing (e.g. background check). That way they have to return the case and wait for the background check. Everytime they touch an application an LUD is automatically generated, but if there is no approval, or denial, the message does not change.
So in many of these I-485 LUD changes the most probable cause is that the background check is still pending so the case goes back to the shelf and no action is taken.

Hope it explains it.

MahSam

Thanks, MahSam. But my background is cleared in May 2007. :(
What else could it be ?

Hi nokin@hevendoor

Any update on the RFE submission? Did you get any LUDs?

From my side, its been very quiet since the last LUD. So I wonder whether the background check is completed in my case.

Hi Venram,

Today my attorney is going to submit the RFE evidence. I have the EVL and the 3 affidavits for my marriage, but could not get the 'non-availability of registration' letter fom Delhi authorities( since they don't issue such letters). I spoke to the offial in Delhi ADM office last night. I have asked my attorney to go ahead with whatever evidence we have on our marriage......and hope for the best.

Let's see in couple of days how USCIS reacts to this. At the same time I am closely wachting your case, since it will be a gateway whether these people have OKed the NC or not? It will be futile if they are raising all these LUDs and at the end of it tell us that rest everything is complete but the NC!

Let's hope for the best and pray that this misery should end once and for all!:)

Hi Venram,

The RD for my RFE documents was 9/4/2007. The only LUD was on one of my son's case on 9/6 and 9/7. After that no change.I am wondering what is going on and how long they actually take to adjudicate the case further? However, the million dollar question is whether we gave cleared the NC or not? Keep me posted on any changed and pray.

Hi nokin@hevendoor

Any update on the RFE submission? Did you get any LUDs?

From my side, its been very quiet since the last LUD. So I wonder whether the background check is completed in my case.

LUD change

Thanks, MahSam. But my background is cleared in May 2007. :(
What else could it be ?

If your namecheck is cleared and you keep seeing LUD changes without any change in the message I recommend you call NSC and inquire about your case. I don't know what else they should wait for after the approval of the I-140 to approve or deny the I-485 other than the name check.

MahSam

Name check is still pending

Just talked with a CS in NSC. She said name check is still pending. I guess wait one more month.