Consolidated NSC I-485 Tracker

I feel GOB SMACKED!!!

Got welcome emails a few minutes back for wife and self. Approvals were mailed on June 23rd. Status was updated today.

PD: April 2003.
RD for I-485 - Aug 2004.
RFE - Aug 2006. (no names on birth certificates.)
LUD after response to RFE - Sept 16th 2006.
AD - I-45 - June 23rd 2007.
EB3

Thanks folks for all the support over the past few years. Best of luck to those still waiting.

Regards,
RatherGetShot.

Last edited by a moderator:
Finally.....Approved....

Received the Tracker email frorm USCIS-CRIS today.

The last processing action taken on your case

Receipt Number: LIN************

Application Type: I485 , APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS

Current Status: Card production ordered.

I checked with IO last week more than 3 times, I was given one answer consistently "Your case is in staging area, and a decision will be taken in 90-120 days".

I opened service requests for mine and my spouse's cases last week, and I think that's what triggered this approval quickly well before that 90-120 days which I was told before.

I wish you all best of luck, don't loose your hopes as it could be just matter of days or weeks before you get this life changing email.

----------------------------------------------

Sub. Lab. (I485 Filed in MI. Moved to PA)

PD: May 15 2002
I-140 AD: June 2005
I485 ND: June 28 2005
Filed AC21 (Change of Employer): June 2006
RFE: Employment Verification August 2006
LUD: September 07 2006
Opened Service Request: June 20 2007
I485 AD: June 25 2007

----------------------------------------------

Receipt Notice

Hi All,

I just applied for I-485 to Nebraska Service Center. How much time it takes to receive "Receipt Notice" after filing? Do they send it to my lawyer or my address? Where do they sent Finger Printing notice, my lawyer or me directly?

Thanks.

Goes to Attorney

Most of the time all communications from USCIS related to I-485 goes to your Attorney. Except the final approval card.

Your attorney must forwad you the copy of every notice they receive related to your I485 case.

This is my experience.

Not sure what how this is different that what we have now. if you have an pending I-485, then you already have unfettered ability to work wherever you want (in the same field): It called AC21.

And travel is easy with Advance parole. EAD/AP is already 'conditional/restricted GC'.

Let's not invent a new broken wheel to add to this cart.

The answer is to get rid of name check, just like the Ombudsman requested.

I know AC21. But one need to find 'same' or 'similar' job and that reduces the search space ( and USCIS can --rew you citing the new job is not similar or same ) . As for AP, you need to wait for the application to turn around and
some travel plans will get derailed.

On the other hand, one can't forcibly put in front of USCIS that "i need GC so that i can change employer" ! Isn't employment based GC for permanent association with sponsoring employer :)

Conditional GC

I know AC21. But one need to find 'same' or 'similar' job and that reduces the search space ( and USCIS can --rew you citing the new job is not similar or same ) . As for AP, you need to wait for the application to turn around and
some travel plans will get derailed.

On the other hand, one can't forcibly put in front of USCIS that "i need GC so that i can change employer" ! Isn't employment based GC for permanent association with sponsoring employer :)

Yes, I agree that conditional GC is not ideal but it has two advantages in light of lengthy name check process over that of AC21/EAD system:
1- It saves the money that you will pay for EAD/AP (probably for 2 years)
2- It guarantees a visa number for you. We may all be retrogressed very soon and maybe for a long time.

The USCIS is aware of this suggestion. It has been made by the ombudsman. They will not adopt it. This contradicts the essence of the USCIS ideology. They will never kill the cow that promises a lot of milk starting July 30.

.......The USCIS is aware of this suggestion. It has been made by the ombudsman. They will not adopt it. This contradicts the essence of the USCIS ideology. They will never kill the cow that promises a lot of milk starting July 30.

Have they stated why "They will not adopt it" . Also, have they ever implemented anything suggested by Ombudsman ? As stated in another thread i am ready to give $3K to get a conditional GC ( if loss of revenue by virtue of loss of AP/EAD applications is a concern to them ).

Checking latest Ombudsman report, I only found a discussion on up-front processing (like DORA), in which case the application is processed right away, but not adjudicated until all security checks are done.

Getting GC before NC is completed would be great for us, mainly because of the peace of mind - no late surprises with TB skin tests or birth certificates, no Visa number allocation problems due to unexpected retrogression, and no issues getting promoted or changing to managerial role. Economic benefits are clear unless your company pays for EAD/AP.

However, addition this new type of GC would change the meaning of the Legal Resident term not only for USCIS, but also for many other agencies and organizations. UCSIS would need a new and easy way to revoke GC without going through courts. That would immediately mean that GC is less permanent and so banks will need to revise the way they process loan applications. Some governmental organizations may not be able to hire such a "permanent" resident. Usual conditional GC depends on *your* compliance with the terms, while no-namecheck GC would depend on *their* (USCIS) continuous processing, which is a totally different story from the legal perspective. I think it's all technically doable, but the amount of change in legal processes may make USCIS believe that it's wiser to spend resources trying to fix the NC backlog instead...

Well, congress could always override and decide this matter for USCIS and force them to provide these new non-NC GC, just like they forced USCIS to allow job change under AC21 rules. This means that we could safely write to our senators and ask them to propose a rule that would allow cronyc cases (>1yr?) to get a conditional GC.

Yes, I agree that conditional GC is not ideal but it has two advantages in light of lengthy name check process over that of AC21/EAD system:
1- It saves the money that you will pay for EAD/AP (probably for 2 years)
2- It guarantees a visa number for you. We may all be retrogressed very soon and maybe for a long time.

The USCIS is aware of this suggestion. It has been made by the ombudsman. They will not adopt it. This contradicts the essence of the USCIS ideology. They will never kill the cow that promises a lot of milk starting July 30.

We aren't going to have another class of GC, so let's just put this idea to rest.

It's amazing how people will dream up suggestions to help themselves. We are starting to sound like those hyper-whiners at IndianVoice.org.

Too late

We aren't going to have another class of GC, so let's just put this idea to rest.

It's amazing how people will dream up suggestions to help themselves. We are starting to sound like those hyper-whiners at IndianVoice.org.

Yesterday night i made a phone call. USCIS folks apologized for not having noticed such a brilliant idea and soon we will be having half-boiled GCs. I have asked 'nelsona' to be excluded from such a scheme.

i agree with the technicality part of the proposal. just for the sake of arguement, isn't easier that FBI or USCIS simply allow a "premium processing" of name check? say $1000 or $2000, it appears to me that our cases are forever rotting in FBI is only because of limited resources, and since USCIS only pays $5 per name check FBI is only trying to clear those easy cases and let us "once stuck forever stuck"

Checking latest Ombudsman report, I only found a discussion on up-front processing (like DORA), in which case the application is processed right away, but not adjudicated until all security checks are done.

Getting GC before NC is completed would be great for us, mainly because of the peace of mind - no late surprises with TB skin tests or birth certificates, no Visa number allocation problems due to unexpected retrogression, and no issues getting promoted or changing to managerial role. Economic benefits are clear unless your company pays for EAD/AP.

However, addition this new type of GC would change the meaning of the Legal Resident term not only for USCIS, but also for many other agencies and organizations. UCSIS would need a new and easy way to revoke GC without going through courts. That would immediately mean that GC is less permanent and so banks will need to revise the way they process loan applications. Some governmental organizations may not be able to hire such a "permanent" resident. Usual conditional GC depends on *your* compliance with the terms, while no-namecheck GC would depend on *their* (USCIS) continuous processing, which is a totally different story from the legal perspective. I think it's all technically doable, but the amount of change in legal processes may make USCIS believe that it's wiser to spend resources trying to fix the NC backlog instead...

Well, congress could always override and decide this matter for USCIS and force them to provide these new non-NC GC, just like they forced USCIS to allow job change under AC21 rules. This means that we could safely write to our senators and ask them to propose a rule that would allow cronyc cases (>1yr?) to get a conditional GC.

Finally !! Approved today

Guys,
Just wanted to share this information with all of you.
Today I got email from CRIS that says the card production has been ordered. This is what the status is:
Application Type: I485, APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS

Current Status: Card production ordered.

My details are:
PD: Feb 2002
I-1485 RD: Oct 2004
1 RFE related to Birth Certificate, replied on May 2005
Case transferred from CSC to NSC

Thanks everyone for sharing the info and providing valuable information.

- Amit

My lawyer sent I-140 (PP) and I-485 to NSC last week. I received an email from TSC instead of NSC and said they received my application there. However, the bottom of email said that "The Vermont Service Center will adjudicate this case within 15 calendar days of the "received date" set forth above." Which service center will process my I-485? Why are there three diffrent service centers involed for PP for my I-140? Is this common?

I came to know that my application is stuck in Name Check. I know I can't really do much about it. I happen to have another older 485 case which I cancelled. I came to know that the Name Check on that case is complete. Do you guys think it will help to ask USCIS to use the Name Check from cancelled application to make a decision on the pending application? Both share the same A#

I came to know that my application is stuck in Name Check. I know I can't really do much about it. I happen to have another older 485 case which I cancelled. I came to know that the Name Check on that case is complete. Do you guys think it will help to ask USCIS to use the Name Check from cancelled application to make a decision on the pending application? Both share the same A#

namechecks, like fingerprints, expire and are generally petition-specific.

They will not take the other namecheck. The fact that your previous one passed and this one has it, illustrates the that the databases change, which will be their argumant against accepting a previous namecheck, no doubt.

namechecks, like fingerprints, expire and are generally petition-specific.

They will not take the other namecheck. The fact that your previous one passed and this one has it, illustrates the that the databases change, which will be their argumant against accepting a previous namecheck, no doubt.

Thanks for your clarification nelsona. I think I will try it anyway and see. I don't think it will hurt.

Just received Approval

Just wanted to share my our experience...

Category: EB2
PD: NOV 26 2001
I 140 & I 485 filled concurently
RD: JULY 10 2004
Applied & Received 3 EADs n APs
3 FPs
Husband changed job with AC21 on Oct 31 2005
Name Check not cleared for primary (husband)when asked in June 2006
CSC-->NSC: FEB 2007
4th set Applied on April 11 2007
LD:May 10th 2007--App. received and processing in NSC
Opened SR: JUNE 8 2007
INFOPASS: JUNE 20 2007
IO told us that everything was fine,name check cleared and FP ok, also was under review since May 19th 2007 and she suggested to write a letter to NSC.I wrote to them.Not sure if that made a difference.
Card Ordered email: JUNE 26 2007...happend to be my husband's b'day as well...we r overwhelmed

Also, one of our friends who had applied exactly 1 mnth after us found out by calling NSC that they were approved on June 22nd 2007 and the notice has been mailed to them...

Also, can anyone tell me when I can expect the actual card??

Good Luck to everyone who is still waiting...

Just wanted to share my our experience...

Category: EB2
PD: NOV 26 2001
I 140 & I 485 filled concurently
RD: JULY 10 2004
Applied & Received 3 EADs n APs
3 FPs
Husband changed job with AC21 on Oct 31 2005
Name Check not cleared for primary (husband)when asked in June 2006
CSC-->NSC: FEB 2007
4th set Applied on April 11 2007
LD:May 10th 2007--App. received and processing in NSC
Opened SR: JUNE 8 2007
INFOPASS: JUNE 20 2007
IO told us that everything was fine,name check cleared and FP ok, also was under review since May 19th 2007 and she suggested to write a letter to NSC.I wrote to them.Not sure if that made a difference.
Card Ordered email: JUNE 26 2007...happend to be my husband's b'day as well...we r overwhelmed

Also, one of our friends who had applied exactly 1 mnth after us found out by calling NSC that they were approved on June 22nd 2007 and the notice has been mailed to them...

Also, can anyone tell me when I can expect the actual card??

Good Luck to everyone who is still waiting...

Congrats! Just for statistical purpose . Are you from India ? I have a friend from India who also applied for I-485 in 2004. He is stuck in security check.