Consolidated NSC I-485 Tracker

GC got approved

Dear friends, My got an email from NSC for my family stating "On June 26, 2007, we mailed you a notice that we had registered this customer's new permanent resident status. Please follow any instructions on the notice. Your new permanent resident card should be mailed within 60 days following this registration or after you complete any ADIT processing referred to in the welcome notice, whichever is later. If you move before you get your new card call customer service"

I am planning to leave to india this week end and my family is already in india. How long does it take me to receive the letter? Also, if they schedule a appointment with welcome package, what is the time frame NSC give for interview?

Can you give some advise whther i can go to india or do i need to cancel my trip?

PD: May 2003
I485 RD: Nov 2003
3 EAD & AP
6 RFE's
2 AC21
I140 revoked on September 2005

Advance thats for your kind help.

what does this mean?

received response from NSC for service request, it states:

Your case is currently under review. You should receive a decision or notice of other actions within 60 days of this letter.

Should I trust them? Does this mean my NC is cleared?

Someone pls share your knowledge.

recent Approvals

I noticed that virtually ALL approvals in the last 2 weeks are 'old' cases, from 2003/2004/2005.

Does this mean FBI started approving the older namechecks and put more recent ones on hold?

What do you guys think?

Congrats to all the "winners"

I noticed that virtually ALL approvals in the last 2 weeks are 'old' cases, from 2003/2004/2005.

Does this mean FBI started approving the older namechecks and put more recent ones on hold?

What do you guys think?

I agree with you there thats what I have been observing as well that older cases have been approving but I dont think FBI has put the recent ones on hold as my case and other few cases (mentioned on this site) have already gone through name check but they have not been approved. May be and that is just may be NSC is approving the cases in FIFO where NC has already been cleared.

What do you guys think?

It absolutely does NOT mean that they are clearing namecheck backlog. All recent 'old-timer' approvals are for those that had cleared name check months/years ago and all other processing, but who were retrogressed due to cut-off date in 2005. Don't forget it was the June (not July) bulletin that was the first month of HUGE forward cut-off date movement. These are old EB3 Indian and RoW cases that were just waiting for the big date jumps.

There has been no effort to do anything with backlogged name chacks, and now that 100,000 new cases will be filed in July, this lack of attentiuon will surely continue.

I agree with you there thats what I have been observing as well that older cases have been approving but I dont think FBI has put the recent ones on hold as my case and other few cases (mentioned on this site) have already gone through name check but they have not been approved. May be and that is just may be NSC is approving the cases in FIFO where NC has already been cleared.

Do you know that you passed namecheck ON 6/1, or you learned on 6/1 that it's been cleared?

It absolutely does NOT mean that they are clearing namecheck backlog. All recent 'old-timer' approvals are for those that had cleared name check months/years ago and all other processing, but who were retrogressed due to cut-off date in 2005. Don't forget it was the June (not July) bulletin that was the first month of HUGE forward cut-off date movement. These are old EB3 Indian and RoW cases that were just waiting for the big date jumps.

There has been no effort to do anything with backlogged name chacks, and now that 100,000 new cases will be filed in July, this lack of attentiuon will surely continue.

Makes Perfect sense. They are approving apps that just became current, whose namecheck cleared God knows when

I agree.. My case was filed in 2005 and it is slowly getting to approval..I know lot of people who are just waiting, waiting and waiting..thanks
Ela

Dear friends, My got an email from NSC for my family stating "On June 26, 2007, we mailed you a notice that we had registered this customer's new permanent resident status. Please follow any instructions on the notice. Your new permanent resident card should be mailed within 60 days following this registration or after you complete any ADIT processing referred to in the welcome notice, whichever is later. If you move before you get your new card call customer service"

I am planning to leave to india this week end and my family is already in india. How long does it take me to receive the letter? Also, if they schedule a appointment with welcome package, what is the time frame NSC give for interview?

Can you give some advise whther i can go to india or do i need to cancel my trip?

PD: May 2003
I485 RD: Nov 2003
3 EAD & AP
6 RFE's
2 AC21
I140 revoked on September 2005

Advance thats for your kind help.

I talked to an IO today.I hd received this card ordered email n nothing abt the Approval notice.He said Approval notice was mailed to me on 23rd and you will receive it and he does not know why the email was not sent.I asked him if I can leave the country with the Approval notice and getting a passport stamp but he strictly mentioned to me that I should not..unless I have an valid AP...so I guess whatever it is...we should wait for the card itself and not take any risk.Even if you go to the Local office and complete other formalities they will take atleast 45 days to send you the card(thats what they say).

Let me know if you hear otherwise.
Good Luck!!

How did your congressman know right away? Did you call him beforehand and asked him to inquire within FBI, and this was just the follow-up call?

I was nagging congressman's office for couple of weeks to find out the status, finally I called again on 6/5. They called FBI to get the status then the congressman's office also confirmed with NSC that it has received the NC from FBI.

No update on web no LUD for NC cleared either, hope this information is correct.

Desperate GC waiter

PD: 03/2002
I-485 RD: 10/2006

Please advise when is my time? I can not wait any more. However, the waiting is a long way ahead.

Thanks,
Linda

I was nagging congressman's office for couple of weeks to find out the status, finally I called again on 6/5. They called FBI to get the status then the congressman's office also confirmed with NSC that it has received the NC from FBI.

No update on web no LUD for NC cleared either, hope this information is correct.

Thanks. Who's your congressman? do you live in NYC? Do you think it actually helped that they called the FBI? Or is it that they called when it was all over and your namecheck already approved?

Please add my details to the tracker

EB2 RIR VA
PD- Sep 2003
Labor approved- Sep 08, 2006
I-140 FD- Sep 26, 2006
I-140 AD- Nov 06, 2006
I-485 RD- June 27, 2007 (Wife and I)
I-485 ND- ?
I-485 AD- ?

I think they could have three main categories for approvals on older cases:
1. Recent Visa Bulletin changes (most likely)
2. Complicated cases. According to USCIS Ombudsman, more complicated cases tend to be posponed further and further, because offices get paid (or otherwise recognized?) "for performance" and officers cannot claim good performance if they have to spend time resolving old complex cases, so they just keep working on simple cases
3. FBI NC backlog clearance... Very unlikely, but could be the case, especially with the heat around this issue, you never know what's in the black box...

However, acceptance of a large number of cases and then severe retrogression could be very helpful to USCIS, because it will re-categorize many of "FBI-backlogged" cases to "retrogressed" cases, dramatically improving their FBI-related statistics, and reducing WOM flood. And all of that huge backlog reduction will come without spending a dime on optimizing performance!!! Does that sound like a smart move on their part?

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks. Who's your congressman? do you live in NYC? Do you think it actually helped that they called the FBI? Or is it that they called when it was all over and your namecheck already approved?

I dont think congressman can do anything regarding NC. Actually they told me so as well. First time my NC was checked was in April and it was pending at that time.

Steve Israel is our local congressman.

Hi,

Received the physical cards and approval notices both for me and wife.

However, I have the similar situation ...

Cards are showing the expiration dates in Jun 2017.

But the approval / welcome notices have the following contents in towards the end ....

"Your new card will expire two years from when you became a permanent resident. By law your resident status is conditional, and you must apply to remove those conditions before your card expires. We recommend you apply several months before your card expires". etc etc

I am in EB2 category.

Is this a general statement in all the welcome notices or what (employment based) ??

Hi,

Received the physical cards and approval notices both for me and wife.

Cards are showing the expiration dates in Jun 2017.

But the approval / welcome notices have the following contents towards the end ....

"Your new card will expire two years from when you became a permanent resident. By law your resident status is conditional, and you must apply to remove those conditions before your card expires. We recommend you apply several months before your card expires". etc etc

I am in EB2 category.

Is this a general statement in all the welcome notices or what (employment based) ??

Would you guys (who have received the welcome / appoval notice), please check your letters and post about it ...