Consolidated NSC I-485 Tracker

Hi all,

Is there a bias against Indians in approving AOS Applications? I just looked at the 485 approvals at NSC for this year and all the one's that are approved are from almost every country except India. If you look at the Indian's who have filed around the same time as the others their applications are all still pending. Any thoughts?

Other than the country numerical limit, there is no bias. Besides, there is no 'nationality' on any AOS approval notice, so your info is likely bias towards those who whine most or more often.

Other than the country numerical limit, there is no bias. Besides, there is no 'nationality' on any AOS approval notice, so your info is likely bias towards those who whine most or more often.

I applied around late Feb. My case is current. I know 10 other indians who applied around that time. Every one's status is current. Still no one had any approvals compared to other people who get approvals in 2-3 months.
Why So?

Upon response to RFE can i read it as that my NC is cleared ???

I have allready done my FP renewals 2 times.

Any guru's any thoughts on this response

On June 8, 2007, we received your response to our request for evidence. We
will notify you by mail when we make a decision or if we need something from you. If you move while this case is pending, call customer service. You should expect to receive a written decision or written update within 60 days of the date we received your response unless fingerprint processing or an interview are standard parts of case processing and have not yet been completed, in which case you can use our processing dates to estimate when this case will be done. This case is at our NEBRASKA SERVICE CENTER location. Follow the link below to check processing dates. You can also receive automatic e-mail updates as we process your case. Just follow the link below to register

Hi all,

Is there a bias against Indians in approving AOS Applications? I just looked at the 485 approvals at NSC for this year and all the one's that are approved are from almost every country except India. If you look at the Indian's who have filed around the same time as the others their applications are all still pending. Any thoughts?

Retrogression + security check, that is the main reason.
Myself marching into 1 year of I-485 although PD was current for some
months. I have friends from India who are stuck for 1 year , 2 year etc. ( PD current for most of time ).

Those who mostly complain about 'stuck' in security checks are from
India/China/Russia.

Case approved today!!

I just got a notice tonight with the message:

"On June 11, 2007, we ordered production of your new card. Please allow 30 days for your card to be mailed to you. If we need something from you we will contact you. If you move before you receive the card, call customer service. You can also receive automatic e-mail updates as we process your case. Just follow the link below to register."

Looks like my case has been approved!!!!! Finally!! :D It has been more than 5 years!!

The only update on my 485 was on Jan.3rd and then today's email notice. No REF, no Update before the approval...

Good luck to everyone who are still waiting! The light is in the tunnel!

My I-485 is assigned to an officer today

I called and talked to a nice lady and she told my name check is clear ( I didn't ask when) and my case is assigned an officer today June 11, 2006 . She told it would take 30-60 business days. Let's see how long. See my signature. My I-485 NS is little bit earlier than Katewill, she already approved. I'm ROW.
The sequence I called

1-800-375-5283

press 1..2..2..6..1..your case number..1..
wait for the automated status message then. select.3..4

I applied around late Feb. My case is current. I know 10 other indians who applied around that time. Every one's status is current. Still no one had any approvals compared to other people who get approvals in 2-3 months.
Why So?

You need more diverse friends?:D 2-3 month approvals are rare from any country. They do need to do security check in India after FP. I'm quite sure that takes longer than for canada or Germany.

You need more diverse friends?:D 2-3 month approvals are rare from any country. They do need to do security check in India after FP. I'm quite sure that takes longer than for canada or Germany.

Do they really do that check backin home country ? I hope they don't rely on govt. officials there ( back in India ) !

Do they really do that check backin home country ? I hope they don't rely on govt. officials there ( back in India ) !

Of course! You think that just because you haven't committed a felony in US, that they don't check on what you did BEFORE coming here? C'mon, prince.

Security Check Cleared!

I just called USCIS, and a very nice lady answered my call. She told me my security check was cleared (I didn't ask when it was), and my case was assigned to an officer yesterday.

Hope I would get the magic notice email shortly.

Your case is very similar to mine. Yesterday a lady at NCS also told my case is assigned to an officer and my NC is cleared. My 485 RD is almost like yours

I just called USCIS, and a very nice lady answered my call. She told me my security check was cleared (I didn't ask when it was), and my case was assigned to an officer yesterday.

Hope I would get the magic notice email shortly.

Hope we all could get good news soon.

Thank you songlan. I just used the phone number information you posted before. I guess USCIS is speeding up I485 processing, because of the increased filing fee. And they promised to speed up with the increasing.

Hope we all could get good news soon.

Your case is very similar to mine. Yesterday a lady at NCS also told my case is assigned to an officer and my NC is cleared. My 485 RD is almost like yours

I don't think they send out our info to the home country to separately check. My manager got his approval in 3 months. By the way, in 2005 (before retrogression started), the processing time was between 2 and 4 months. It is impossible to get the info within 2 or 3 months.

No to mention, I really doubt there is a "database" in India where everybody's record is kept.

I have looked through the standard operating procedure/protocol for 485 (link www.ilw.com/seminars/august2002_citation2b.pdf ) which walks you through each step of processing of 485 including where they should place the documents and clamp/staple. There is no indication there they do background check in the home country. The instruction asks them to check the name against CIR (some index) and that is it and of course, they rely on FBI name check. If there is a hit, it is possible that FBI might seek records from the homecountry. I don't believe every applicant will get his record checked from home country.

Not to mention, there are many under developed countries, where it might be even more difficult to get background info.

It is interesting to go thro the steps involved. You will be surprised to see that there is barely 4 to 5 steps (such as ensuring fee is there, 140 approval is there, name check clear, etc) before approval. So, they might be touching files only for 4 to 5 days with lot of gap inbetween each step. Most time goes by waiting for the file to be picked up after each step.

Ela

Of course! You think that just because you haven't committed a felony in US, that they don't check on what you did BEFORE coming here? C'mon, prince.

Most likely they would want you to take the skin test for TB. usually docs skip that and take x-rays (scientifically sound idea). However, USCIS insists on skin test...Many people have gotten the RFE. If you don't recall doing skin test (manto), then you can bet that it is for that.

All you have to do is go back to the same doc and ask him to do the skin test (might cost $50 each) and get a new I693. the skin test will take 2-3 days for the results to be observed

Got 3 emails yesterday that RFE were sent to all our cases. Eager to see what's it about.

I don't think they send out our info to the home country to separately check. My manager got his approval in 3 months. By the way, in 2005 (before retrogression started), the processing time was between 2 and 4 months. It is impossible to get the info within 2 or 3 months.

No to mention, I really doubt there is a "database" in India where everybody's record is kept.

I have looked through the standard operating procedure/protocol for 485 (link www.ilw.com/seminars/august2002_citation2b.pdf ) which walks you through each step of processing of 485 including where they should place the documents and clamp/staple. There is no indication there they do background check in the home country. The instruction asks them to check the name against CIR (some index) and that is it and of course, they rely on FBI name check. If there is a hit, it is possible that FBI might seek records from the homecountry. I don't believe every applicant will get his record checked from home country.

Not to mention, there are many under developed countries, where it might be even more difficult to get background info.

It is interesting to go thro the steps involved. You will be surprised to see that there is barely 4 to 5 steps (such as ensuring fee is there, 140 approval is there, name check clear, etc) before approval. So, they might be touching files only for 4 to 5 days with lot of gap inbetween each step. Most time goes by waiting for the file to be picked up after each step.

Ela

C'mon folks let's be serious. As outlined in that document, the biographical information G-325 on you is sent to the US consulate in your last country/birth country. What do you think is done with that there?? This is foreign background check. Since 9-11 the name check is a new ADDED feature. It has not replaced foreign background check.

Besides, if these countries are so backwards, then it would be impossible for US to issue a visa for anyone from there either.

Last edited by a moderator:
Nelsona,
you seem to be going by your gut feeling and logic. I do understand the importance of chekcing your background from home country. They ask for the home country police report while you do your green card using counsular processing (CP). Even there, they don't do it themselves, they ask you to get the report from your local police. Interestingly, they don't ask for that when you do AOS.

G-325 is sent to US consulate ONLY if you have entered the country less than a year (read thro the document) before filing (as not much info will be available about you in this country). They do NOT send ALL the G-325s to home country consulate. That would prove that they don't do it for everyone.

FBIs data base has the "questionable" individuals in their database and so when name check is done it gets a hit. think about it, how is a "name check" list prepared? My guess is that it is prepared by compiling the list of all questionable people form all over the world.

Other than your gut feeling and logic have you seen any document anywhere that shows that they check everyone's record in their homecountry? Which dept does that check? At what stage do they do it?

C'mon folks let's be serious. As outlined in that document, the biographical information G-325 on you is sent to the US consulate in your last country/birth country. What do you think is done with that there?? This is foreign background check. Since 9-11 the name check is a new ADDED feature. It has not replaced foreign background check.

Besides, if these countries are so backwards, then it would be impossible for US to issue a visa for anyone from there either.

Other countries quota is not exhausted and so they keep processing their applications (you see them a lot). In the case of India, not many people "qualify" for processing based on the retrogression/PD date. So, you see fewer of them. Not to mention, you will see many postings which have problems and fewer postings on approval. Fewer people take the time to post about their approvals..

I am from India and my PD is Oct 2003. My appln was transfered to NSC from CSC in Feb 07. It was pre-adjucated in NSC - got FP done in April and then it became current. I got a RFE last week asking for skin test for TB and aksing to show that I maintained continuos status. Iwill be sending the reply next week.. thanks
Ela
(inti
Hi all,

Card production ordered

I am happy to share our 485 Approval with you. Just now, I saw the Message change. I am frequent reader of this forum. Thank you all for your experiences and suggestion. I am getting this GC after 9 years in US and 7 years after i started GC.

One thing I learned in the process was that, we have to read a lot from these forums. When i first appiled for GC, all I had was hearsay and hence I got burnt during the first try.

During the second try, i did read all your experiences and suggestions and was able to make it. As always Knowledge is power.

Mine is slightly complex case.
We filed for 485 using PD from previous I140 which was approved and then withdrawn. We didnot have the Copy of previos I140 when we applied 485. But we know the EAC number. I filed for duplicate copy of old I140. bUT INS denied it saying that, it was approved and then withdrawn. We used this letter while filing for I485. My previous company has withdrawn my i140 and used the labour for someoneelse and he/she got her GC too(i think, since old 140 had a LUD on 04/2004)

Here are my experience

Went to infopass and asked for Finger Printing, since we didn't get the notice.
Did FP late last year. Learnt from these forums and friends that FP is outsourced to different company, hence there is no co-oridination.

Sent a letter to first Lady to ask her help in clearing Namecheck. It was pending only for 3 months then, but still sent.

I have been sending Staus queries frequently. And always I have seen a progress when status query was sent.

On April 2007 we sent status query then within a few days I was LUD on MY old I140. Might be old PD was moved to my 485.

On May 2007, we sent a status query within a few days My case assigned to officer for review.

On June 11, 2007 I talked to rep in NSC, he sent a email to office who was reviewing my case, saying that I have old PD and two different alien numbers(i am not sure why i have two, may be from old i140).

On June 12, 2007 I got the status change.

During all these times, i was also following up with the Congressman's office.

Keep trying, followingup and reading, you will get it sooner.