Consolidated NSC I-485 Tracker

Nelsona,
you seem to be going by your gut feeling and logic. I do understand the importance of chekcing your background from home country. They ask for the home country police report while you do your green card using counsular processing (CP). Even there, they don't do it themselves, they ask you to get the report from your local police. Interestingly, they don't ask for that when you do AOS.

G-325 is sent to US consulate ONLY if you have entered the country less than a year (read thro the document) before filing (as not much info will be available about you in this country). They do NOT send ALL the G-325s to home country consulate. That would prove that they don't do it for everyone.

FBIs data base has the "questionable" individuals in their database and so when name check is done it gets a hit. think about it, how is a "name check" list prepared? My guess is that it is prepared by compiling the list of all questionable people form all over the world.

Other than your gut feeling and logic have you seen any document anywhere that shows that they check everyone's record in their homecountry? Which dept does that check? At what stage do they do it?

You are corect about the less than one year. It is hoped that foreign databases, interpol etc are rolled into the CIS files. It is also true that checking process is different for CP vs. AOS.

Thanks for the clarificiation. I now know why name check takes so long: too many unchecked foreigners are let into US in the first place.:eek:

It seems like my Security Clearance they haven't received back from the agency. I don't know if this means that I'm in for a long haul or it is still possible for it to get cleared in time for my I-485 approval within the date range published online

In other words, does it have to mean that if it doesn't get cleared within a week of sending, it HAS to be stuck in there for a long time? Should I be VERY worried? (Or maybe not just yet?)

Gurus, please share opinions

Nelsona,
I think you have a good point. Perhaps, from now on - for the newcomers, they should really check the background (before issuing the visa for the first time) and then simply keep track of them here. That will avoid name check delays. of course, what people do when they leave the country (on vacation??) is another story..
You are corect about the less than one year. It is hoped that foreign databases, interpol etc are rolled into the CIS files. It is also true that checking process is different for CP vs. AOS.

Thanks for the clarificiation. I now know why name check takes so long: too many unchecked foreigners are let into US in the first place.:eek:

I now know why name check takes so long: too many unchecked foreigners are let into US in the first place.:eek:

Nelsona:Many of your posts are bit sarcastic. We get the point. It would be better if you can tone it down.

Thanks
GCDO

PD-4/16/2002, EB2-CA
I-485 ND-2/26/2207
FP:3/30/2007
LUD:3/31/2007

Friends,
I just went over the Ombudsman's report to congress. There is a lot of emphasis of the Name check problem. The NC backlog jumped to almost 329,000 cases as of May 2007 (it was ~236,000 May 2006)!. Almost 33% of cases are pending more than on year. About 31,000 cases are pending more than 33 Months!!

Guys,

What does this mean??????????? I just got this mail today.... Is it really what I think it is... or is it something else... God... I want to believe it but am scared to even accept it at this point....

*** DO NOT RESPOND TO THIS E-MAIL ***

The last processing action taken on your case

Receipt Number: LIN**********

Application Type: I485 , APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS

Current Status: Card production ordered.

On June 12, 2007, we ordered production of your new card. Please allow 30 days for your card to be mailed to you. If we need something from you we will contact you. If you move before you receive the card, call customer service. You can also receive automatic e-mail updates as we process your case. Just follow the link below to register.

If you have questions or concerns about your application or the case status results listed above, or if you have not received a decision from USCIS within the current processing time listed*, please contact USCIS Customer Service at (800) 375-5283.

*Current processing times can be found on the USCIS website at www.uscis.gov under Case Status and Processing Dates.
*** Please do not respond to this e-mail message.

I am asking the question cause I did not get a separate approval mail. This is the only mail I have received.

Guys,

What does this mean??????????? I just got this mail today.... Is it really what I think it is... or is it something else... God... I want to believe it but am scared to even accept it at this point....

*** DO NOT RESPOND TO THIS E-MAIL ***

The last processing action taken on your case

Receipt Number: LIN**********

Application Type: I485 , APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS

Current Status: Card production ordered.

On June 12, 2007, we ordered production of your new card. Please allow 30 days for your card to be mailed to you. If we need something from you we will contact you. If you move before you receive the card, call customer service. You can also receive automatic e-mail updates as we process your case. Just follow the link below to register.

If you have questions or concerns about your application or the case status results listed above, or if you have not received a decision from USCIS within the current processing time listed*, please contact USCIS Customer Service at (800) 375-5283.

*Current processing times can be found on the USCIS website at www.uscis.gov under Case Status and Processing Dates.
*** Please do not respond to this e-mail message.

Got response yesterday to my service request

As expected, it mentioned that the processing of my application is waiting on the clearance of background check. hmm.. dunno how long it is going to take.

Dear Friends,
I got RFE regarding the medical check up (Skin Test). I have submitted the RFE response. Just curious to know if anyone on the same situation and got approval.
My Priority Date: Aug 30 2001
EB3
I-140 approved sometime in 2004
I-485 pending since then

thanks
senaar

EAD renewed only for 6 months

I think they just did. Received EAD card for my wife today and it is only valid for 6 months. I guess they want to make money since I filed renewal in march with old rates. This is becoming too much it is not even funny anymore.
Anyone who applied recently have similar case? I am still waiting for my card.

What do you dream ? The EAD/AP application fee is cash cow for USCIS. I think they might be thinking to make EAD/AP 6 month renewals.

My wife's and my own EAD applications were sent on February 23. Approved on May 1. Both valid for 1 year till April 30, 2008.

I think they just did. Received EAD card for my wife today and it is only valid for 6 months. I guess they want to make money since I filed renewal in march with old rates. This is becoming too much it is not even funny anymore.
Anyone who applied recently have similar case? I am still waiting for my card.

I am asking the question cause I did not get a separate approval mail. This is the only mail I have received.

Dear Fellow Freedom Anticipators,

I just called up the USCIS office and they confirmed that my case has been approved. It has been a long 5 years of wait. I hope all of you get the approval mails in your inbox soon. I will look forward to seeing you guys in the "Beyond the green card" Section soon. This forum has helped me a lot during the long wait and I want to thank everyone for all the help they have given me.

Take care and hold in there. Light is there at the end of the tunnel.

congrats

Dear Fellow Freedom Anticipators,

I just called up the USCIS office and they confirmed that my case has been approved. It has been a long 5 years of wait. I hope all of you get the approval mails in your inbox soon. I will look forward to seeing you guys in the "Beyond the green card" Section soon. This forum has helped me a lot during the long wait and I want to thank everyone for all the help they have given me.

Take care and hold in there. Light is there at the end of the tunnel.

HI,

which country are you from and when was your NC cleared and did you take any infopass /service request?

thanks

FP Code

Maverick:
Whats FP code did you get. Code1 or Code3. Whats the difference and how does it matter what you get?

thanks
amvar

It was sent by our lawyers, not myself. Given that they sent me only one FedEx confirmation for all three I-485 applications, I would think they use the same envelope whenever possible, but I'm not 100% sure...

Hi, did you send your's and your wife's applications in the same envelop? Thanks for your time and good luck!

If I remember correctly, for code three, they take a picture and all 10 finger prints. On the other hand, if you got code 1, then you get to take only finger prints and no picture. they usually send code 3 if you just filed your 485. On the other hand, if your appln has been there for a while and you already have done code 2 for ead a few months ago, then they already have your picture and so they will send you code 1, where, they just take all your finger prints.
So, Code 1 (all finger prints) + Code 2 (picture + thump print only) = code 3.

If you research some more in the forum, you can get confirmation. If you get code 3, it is a sign that your file is moving on. If you get code 2 after a few months of EAD, that could also sign that your file is moving ahead. In other words, Code 3 is not the only good sign, depending upon the circumstance Code 1 could also mean good news..

Maverick:
Whats FP code did you get. Code1 or Code3. Whats the difference and how does it matter what you get?

thanks
amvar