Consolidated NSC I-485 Tracker

Hi Guys,
I did not see the status updates on my I-485 Application so far. I started looking for updates only after FP. How do i know that they initiated name check on my Application. When do they inititate? Is it after FP? or after RD date.

Thanks
gcdo.

EB2 - CA - PD - 04/02
Labor - Approved - 01/07
NSC
I-140(PP)-485-Parole filed - 2/26/07
I-140-Approved - 3/17/07
FP-3/30/07
I-485 LUD - 3/31/07

Name check usually gets initiated within a few days of receipt of 485. There is no LUD for Namecheck as it automatically gets initiated when your 485 data gets entered into some system.

Excellent! 150,000 petitions filed against 65,000 quota on the first day of filing... Unlucky ones can safely wait until October 2008 to start working (assuming they will get lucky the next time). In-line with GC lottery, should we call it H1-B lottery? :rolleyes:

H1b cap for 2007 is reached with over 150,000 petitions received yesterday only!

H1b Lottery

And the cases received today are yet to be counted. I think the total number will be much higher. I think it is time for reform.. seriously!

Does anyone know if the background checks done by FFL dealers when purchasing a firearm lands you in the “further investigation” name check pile?

What we can do if WOM is not an option anymore? *I wrotte email to my lawyer asking for WOM and he says he can fill it but i guess he only wants money since the december 20th. uscis memo says they will not expedite names anymore thrue WOM, so What is the new way to get name Expedited?
I also read that they will look the name right to left, left to right, midle to right, midle to left you know like Jhonson S. Smith will be looking for Jhonson S., Jhonson smith, smith Jhonson, S. Jhonson and so on. That is a Nightmare. look at this site and read it http://www.usaimmigrationattorney.com/SecurityNameChecksAndAdministrativeReview.html

SECURITY NAME CHECKS
AND ADMINISTRATIVE REVIEW*
REVISED: December 2006
GARY G. BALA

I. SECURITY NAME CHECKS (ALSO CALLED BACKGROUND CHECKS)
For public safety & welfare and national security reasons, all visa petitions under current regulation and procedure are placed through security name checks at three (3) locations: 1. USCIS office, 2. National Visa Center (NVC) and 3. the U.S. Consulate where the visa is ultimately issued.
There can be not one but several levels of security checking: There is an initial security name check done rountinely on all in-coming petitions. If the results produce a "lookout hit" or "red flag hit", the petition is placed in line for additional more intensive customized security screening, which could include a request for full fingerprints and which obviously has the undesirable effect of extending processing time for adjudication. While security checking is widely focused on the visa beneficiary, petitioners and even attorneys and consultants involved in a case are subject to security screening.

A Lookout Hit or Red Flag Hit can be generated on a visa petition, among other reasons, for any the following:
*Past arrest record
*Past criminal conviction record
*Past firearms record
*Past record of domestic violence or sexual offenses
*Past fingerprint record with any law enforcement agency
*Past visa or immigration history
*Watch List or Pending Charges "Hit": Petitioner or Beneficiary is currently on watch list or wanted on pending charges with any law enforcement or other government agency, (local, state, federal, FBI, INTERPOL, Homeland Security, State Department designated terrorist group list)
*Common or Similar Last Name with others in the database who have
past arrest or conviction records (sometimes called a "False Hit")

Dear all,

Me and my wife filed for 485 on sep 06, now recently only my wife got an RFE email, what would it possibly indicated, why the rfe was not sent to me... any advice would be helpful. Thanks

As other people have said, most likely it is routine check for birth, i-94, marriage, etc.

I am in a similar time frame as yours and my wife got her RFE too. Look like they are screening september cases in a batch.

Dear all,

Me and my wife filed for 485 on sep 06, now recently only my wife got an RFE email, what would it possibly indicated, why the rfe was not sent to me... any advice would be helpful. Thanks

Is there an excel sheet on this thread?

Hi everybody,
Is there an excel sheet on this thread? Does it get updated for new enteries?
Thanks

Hi everybody,
Is there an excel sheet on this thread? Does it get updated for new enteries?
Thanks
I maintain one for approvals only. See sig.
JustWatching used to maintain a NSC "everybody" tracker. Not sure how often it is updated now that he's got his GC.

Yesterday, there was an RFE fro my wife and today for me... Seems like they are looking into our files. Will keep you updated what they want.

Case transferred to Local Office (Chicago). Anybody in this situation?

I got bunch of emails today for me and my wife saying that the NSC has transferred our case to Local Chicago office). Please answer a few questions below if anybody has gone thru this regardless of your experience with different Local office -

1. How long does it take for the case to reach the Local Office from NSC?

2. How long does the Local Office take to adjudicate? Do they count the processing timeframe from the date they received my case from NSC or the original NSC Receipt Date?

3. Most likely NSC sent my case to the Local Office to conduct an interview. In that case, do I get an interview appointment letter from NSC or Local Office?

4. How long does the Local office take to send out interview invitation and conduct an interview?

5. Does the Local Office adjudicate the case right away after the interview?

6. Any speculation that Worldwide EB2 would be retrogressed any time soon?

7. Any other pertinent info that you have and not covered by questions above....

Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
anybody got LUD on 4/6/7 from NSC

my 485 was filed on 7/19/07 to NSC. it had a LUD the second after my finger print was done on 8/10/06. and nothing ever since. today i got the first LUD since 8/11/06. i really hope this is a good sign. did anybody else get it today? i hope it is not just a massive computer system update.
thanks and have a good weekend.

Hi sPERM,

Me and my wife's case also got transfered to a local office in San Francisco on the 5th of April 2007. The notice said that a letter has been sent to us explaining this action.

I really don't know what it means but I noticed that there were quite a few cases that recently have been tranfered to a local office location.

Do you believe that this might mean an interview?

I got bunch of emails today for me and my wife saying that the NSC has transferred our case to Local Chicago office). Please answer a few questions below if anybody has gone thru this regardless of your experience with different Local office -

2. How long does the Local Office take to adjudicate? Do they count the processing timeframe from the date they received my case from NSC or the original NSC Receipt Date?

3. Most likely NSC sent my case to the Local Office to conduct an interview. In that case, do I get an interview appointment letter from NSC or Local Office?

4. How long does the Local office take to send out interview invitation and conduct an interview?

7. Any other pertinent info that you have and not covered by questions above....

Thanks.

Most Likely

explorer1980,

I think normally the service centers transfer cases to the local offices to conduct an interview. But I am worried this could just prolong the adjudication our cases and there could be Worldwide EB2 retrogression in the future (just a speculation). Do you know how long does the Local Office take to schedule an interview? I have taken the Infopass appointment for April 9 to ask this question. I suggest you also take Infopass appointment immediately and ask them questions. Will let you know on April 9 what Chicago folks have to say to my questions.

Hi sPERM,

Me and my wife's case also got transfered to a local office in San Francisco on the 5th of April 2007. The notice said that a letter has been sent to us explaining this action.

I really don't know what it means but I noticed that there were quite a few cases that recently have been tranfered to a local office location.

Do you believe that this might mean an interview?

sPERM,

Just an addition to the e-mail that I have sent you a bit ago.

I found an interesting information on the Murthy.com web site explaining that this move is an internal move in between the service centers and is a part of the so called "bi-specialization" that USCIS recently introduced started on the 1st of April 2007.

They also mentioned that even though cases are being moved they will still keep the filing priority date.

Please refer to the link below:

http://www.murthy.com/news/n_tra485.html

Thanks.

Add my info in the tracker

EB2(India)
PD -10/24/2002
I140 AD : 02/23/2007
I485/EAD/AP RD - 03/16/2007,
I485/EAD/AP ND - 03/19/2007
1st FP - ??
EAD AD -??
AP AD -??
I485 AD -??

Last edited by a moderator: