Consolidated NSC I-485 Tracker

Hi Tariqk,

There is some restructure going on in my workplace and I am a little bit nervous. If my NC got cleared, normally I will get my GC in a few months. However, using AC21 may be a better choice if I stuck in NC.

I read somewhere that 80% of case got NC cleared in 2 months after they initiate it.

Maybe I'm just being a bit thick, but why even bother setting up an Infopass regarding namecheck at this early stage in the game? Your I-485 was only filed 4 or 5 months ago. It seems to me that the minimum reasonable timeframe, assuming a clean namecheck, is about 6 or 7 months. Plus there's not much you can do about a namecheck anyway. Am I missing something?

Maybe I'm just being a bit thick, but why even bother setting up an Infopass regarding namecheck at this early stage in the game? Your I-485 was only filed 4 or 5 months ago. It seems to me that the minimum reasonable timeframe, assuming a clean namecheck, is about 6 or 7 months. Plus there's not much you can do about a namecheck anyway. Am I missing something?

Amen. I'm getting sick of people who filed in October whining that their GC isn't ready yet.

I filed in 2004.

You'll get your GC when you get it.

Hi Nelsona,

I feel sorry that you are getting sick of ???

I know for sure that none of us in this forum caused your NC problem.

And You don't have to read other people's post if you don't like it!!!

Amen. I'm getting sick of people who filed in October whining that their GC isn't ready yet.

I filed in 2004.

You'll get your GC when you get it.

mY INFO
User name maltu
Priority Date 09/26/2003
Retrogressed (Y/N) Y
Country India
EB-1 / EB-2 / EB-3 eb-2
I-140 Receipt Date 06/11/2003
I-140 Approval Date 09/10/2003
I-485 Receipt Date 09/25/2003
LIN number (LIN-YYDDD-XXXXX) LIN-279-XXXX
Finger Print Notice Date 03/10/2004
Finger Print Appointment Date
I-485 Approval Date WAITING

I-485 NEBRASKA SERVICE CENTER TRACKER

gcsync - added (APPROVED!)
JustWatching - updated (APPROVED!)
dinks2006 - updated (APPROVED!)

This will be a consolidated NEBRASKA SERVICE CENTER TRACKER. Post if you have filed I-485 in Nebraska regardless of date.

I will update the tracker every few days. Please do not update the tracker as this causes version control issues.

Please post the following information:

User name
Priority Date
Retrogressed (Y/N)
Country
EB-1 / EB-2 / EB-3
I-140 Receipt Date
I-140 Approval Date
I-485 Receipt Date
LIN number (LIN-YYDDD-XXXXX)
Finger Print Notice Date
Finger Print Appointment Date
I-485 Approval Date

Please note that this is NOT meant to be a I-140 tracker. Visit the I-140 Nebraska section for a comprehensive I-140 tracker. I am however capturing this information here since it is likely there is some relationship between I-140 approval and I-485.

For those of you that came from BEC and got to use that tracker, I think it was useful for all of us. Now please help build this tracker.

I will add reports once we collect enough records to make them useful.

Yes, I know trackitt.com exists and its great, etc., etc. I invite you to post there as well. Keeping a tracker here allows us to track and discuss as well.

Thank you everyone.

JustWatching

Sorry to hear about your experience. I can not say about NYC as I go to San Jose. You should try again and at the same time try to call NSC. There also some of them may be rude but I have had a good experience with majority of them on phone.

It is no harm to know about your case. In fact if you don't care then who else would ?

I went for an Infopass appt in NYC this morning. The officer refused to provide any Name Check status info. He just told me I need to wait for about a year?

Is this normal or I just run into a bad person? Anybody with similar experience? Thanks.

Hi bigbang2001,

Thanks for the info. I will try again in the near future.

Sorry to hear about your experience. I can not say about NYC as I go to San Jose. You should try again and at the same time try to call NSC. There also some of them may be rude but I have had a good experience with majority of them on phone.

It is no harm to know about your case. In fact if you don't care then who else would ?

similar experience

Hi, my wife took the 12:15 PM NYC infopass appt. She just called me saying the immi. officer is useless, just telling her that her case pending at TSC, which of course we already knew. When she asked him about the status of name check, the officer replied he did not have access to that information. So you are not the only disppointed one.

NYC infopass is worse than useless.... it is just a waste of time.

I went for an Infopass appt in NYC this morning. The officer refused to provide any Name Check status info. He just told me I need to wait for about a year?

Is this normal or I just run into a bad person? Anybody with similar experience? Thanks.

NY Infopass

Hi guys,

Made a quick stop to visit.

I took an infoPass in NYC 12 days before my approval. the officer in my case said she did not have the info, then asked me to wait a minute and told me that my NC had not cleared.

so either my NC got cleared days later (which I doubt it) or the officer was not accuarate in her response.

I really don't believe infopass to find out nc is valuable or reliable. I also would not worry until after your processing date has passed and then made a service inquiry.

Good luck to all...

JW

Hi NYC

That is a tough situation, so I can see why you are nervous. My suggestion, though, would be to start looking for a new job and to get AC21 ready to go RIGHT NOW. Be prepared in case the worst comes to the worst. USCIS operates on its own bizarre calendar (lunar? Martian?) and I would NOT count on a speedy approval, even if your name check does get cleared soon.

There is some restructure going on in my workplace and I am a little bit nervous. If my NC got cleared, normally I will get my GC in a few months. However, using AC21 may be a better choice if I stuck in NC.

I read somewhere that 80% of case got NC cleared in 2 months after they initiate it.

JW, thanks and congratulations

JW, congratulations on your recent approval. I have known you since the NY DOL and then Philly Backlog center days (now like concentration camps when you look back, right?)

Our cases are actully in TSC hands, RD 7/26 (sounds familiar?).

I have always valued your comments and good work organizing things on the board.

So your case got approved without any LUD or any clue, and it just came out of blue? My LUD (at TSC) was 9/26, no news since then. I called TSC last week to initiate an inquiry, nothing happened yet. My wife went to the infopass, just called me to say it is a waste of time.

Stop by when you have time.

Hi guys,

Made a quick stop to visit.

I took an infoPass in NYC 12 days before my approval. the officer in my case said she did not have the info, then asked me to wait a minute and told me that my NC had not cleared.

so either my NC got cleared days later (which I doubt it) or the officer was not accuarate in her response.

I really don't believe infopass to find out nc is valuable or reliable. I also would not worry until after your processing date has passed and then made a service inquiry.

Good luck to all...

JW

Thanks all of you for sharing your experience and offering me some advice.

I agree with you guys 100% that NY infopass appt is a waste of time. And I think that richshi's wife and I both got the same person, unfortunately. All I was told is that my case pending in NSC.

Well, I will take Justwatching's advice and wait for while.

The same goes to Newark office, they gave me a fact sheet about NC and nothing more, asking to wait ....

I called the 1-800 but they said they can not share this info with me about NC and its not behind the time lines to make service request.

I also did receive RFE for color copies of my passport for AP adn EAD. Once I submitted my color copies, EAD and AP got approved in 20 days.

That's totally new to me. All the photocopies we submitted are monochrome. My attorney did not ask for color copies. Is that an NSC thing, perhaps?

The same goes to Newark office, they gave me a fact sheet about NC and nothing more, asking to wait ....

I called the 1-800 but they said they can not share this info with me about NC and its not behind the time lines to make service request.

How long does it take for the rfe to reach attorneys office??

how to determine which case goes to NSC, which goes to TSC?

Hi is that true they dispatch the case base on the region, e.g. california goes to TSC, while atlanta goes to NSC? I saw some case on this forum got LIN in the receipt first then transfered to TSC later. can someone please share some insight?

thanks.

Yes, your state of residence determines whre you SEND your petitions.

However, once in the system, they can be sent anywhere, based on workload. Currently the NSC and TSC are "twinned" as are California and vermont.

Yes, your state of residence determines whre you SEND your petitions.

However, once in the system, they can be sent anywhere, based on workload. Currently the NSC and TSC are "twinned" as are California and vermont.

I am not sure for that. I live and work in TX (My attorney is in other place), My LC was processed in TX office, but my 485 is in NSC. Somehow, my case always pick the slowest process center at each stage. TX was very slow in LC process few years ago. But they are doing 485 pretty fast. :eek:

color copies

That's totally new to me. All the photocopies we submitted are monochrome. My attorney did not ask for color copies. Is that an NSC thing, perhaps?

When I filed the first EAD and AP I didn't give color copies to NSC. I'm applying for renewal now and my attorney asked specifically for color copies saying that that's the way to go these days.

Make sure you don't do medical evaluation too early... It's valid for 1 year only. I've no idea when does that apply - should it be valid at the time of pre-adjudication, or being valid at the time of filing is OK? Given slow processing, did anyone see USCIS requesting to redo the medical exam?

Hello,

Can someone please tell me all the requirements for filing 485. At present my priority date is not current but I want to be prepared.

My lawyer dosen't want to tell me anything until the priority date is current... Then I think he will take another few months to get all the information and fill all the paper work.

If someone has received some kind of form that their lawyer sent before filing 485, that will help. Is medical check required before 485 is filed? Or INS sends a form after 485 is filed. What are the other requirements.

I will appreciate any help.

Regards,
mn.